Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

SOTV

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
chestersaddler
Site Addict

SOTV

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Re: SOTV

Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Any Villa fans out there fancy a pint? I'll pick you up at 8

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Made my Christmas that has.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Goalie saved a penalty too!

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Don't forget to offer Villa fans some After Eight mints! :D

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:41 am

I have to say I find it amazing that the members of a message board that seem to hate, almost to a man, everything that Chelsea Football Club stands for, can actually delight in them hammering and humiliating a team from our patch.

London vs West Midlands, London won by a country mile, and being West Midlands born and bred, I honestly don't find that the slightest bit funny myself. Just sad, and I can feel the embarrassment for Midlands football.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:53 am

geoffwhiting wrote:I have to say I find it amazing that the members of a message board that seem to hate, almost to a man, everything that Chelsea Football Club stands for, can actually delight in them hammering and humiliating a team from our patch.

London vs West Midlands, London won by a country mile, and being West Midlands born and bred, I honestly don't find that the slightest bit funny myself. Just sad, and I can feel the embarrassment for Midlands football.

I love it because it augments the great divide in the Premier League - the very few "have" teams who might win it (three or four, realistically), versus everyone else who never ever will. In a nutshell it pours cold water on the theory that that division of 20 teams can even compete within itself, and tells the watching world all they need to know - money is everything in modern football. The sooner the lesson gets rammed home the sooner these "big" clubs can hotfoot it out to a European super league and the rest of us can get on with football as a game, united.

Couldn't care less about Villa either. They voted for it and hung us out to dry. Cry me a river.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:51 am

Exile wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:I have to say I find it amazing that the members of a message board that seem to hate, almost to a man, everything that Chelsea Football Club stands for, can actually delight in them hammering and humiliating a team from our patch.

I love it because it augments the great divide in the Premier League - the very few "have" teams who might win it (three or four, realistically), versus everyone else who never ever will. In a nutshell it pours cold water on the theory that that division of 20 teams can even compete within itself, and tells the watching world all they need to know - money is everything in modern football. The sooner the lesson gets rammed home the sooner these "big" clubs can hotfoot it out to a European super league and the rest of us can get on with football as a game, united.

Couldn't care less about Villa either. They voted for it and hung us out to dry. Cry me a river.

This. I hate Chelsea as much as anybody else from around here should, but this is what happens when one club spends £80-90m and one club spends £12-15m.

Although I wouldn't like to see next year's balance sheet for Chelsea.

fudge em all.

Willenhall Saddler
UTS Legend

Location: Anywhere where Walsall FC are playing, i'll be there!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:00 am

King Crimson wrote:Goalie saved a penalty too!

Don't forget the 5 clear cut chances that Chelsea SHOULD have scored as well!

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:11 am

The only reason Chelsea has so much air time on here is because the site has a Chelsea loving troll. If that was not the case they would get no more of a mention than the other "big" clubs.

Villa, West Brom and Wolves deprive us of more supporters than Chelsea ever will, so should be despised. I couldn't care less that it was Chelsea that beat them, just that somebody put 8 past them :D Even sweeter that they have that nob as a manager too.

Hope they are relegated

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:42 am

I'm sorry Geoff but it's hardly London v Midlands is it? I watched this game and it was utterly humiliating for Villa fans. But who cares? Chelsea are not a "British" club really and as others have said it is just another symptom of the disease that is The Premiership.

As for Midlands clubs - again - who cares?

Walsall have been looking up to these winkers for years and I wouldn't give two hoots if any of them sailed into oblivion - hopefully behind the likes of Chelsea.

I'm sad - but only because the Premiership is an absolute JOKE and a competition that is really only between about 6 clubs. Management merry-go-rounds, insane salaries, clubs dying, and ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE for a club like Walsall to even think about the heady heights of top flight football.

THAT'S why I'm sad Geoff.

And you should be too - not because another poxy club got stuffed by a club that personifies EVERYTHING that is wrong with the game today.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:

I'm sorry Geoff but it's hardly London v Midlands is it? I watched this game and it was utterly humiliating for Villa fans. But who cares? Chelsea are not a "British" club really and as others have said it is just another symptom of the disease that is The Premiership.

As for Midlands clubs - again - who cares? WELL, ME FOR ONE!

Walsall have been looking up to these winkers for years and I wouldn't give two hoots if any of them sailed into oblivion - hopefully behind the likes of Chelsea.

I'm sad - but only because the Premiership is an absolute JOKE and a competition that is really only between about 6 clubs. Management merry-go-rounds, insane salaries, clubs dying, and ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE for a club like Walsall to even think about the heady heights of top flight football.

THAT'S why I'm sad Geoff.

And you should be too - not because another poxy club got stuffed by a club that personifies EVERYTHING that is wrong with the game today.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:49 pm

So do you support Villa, Albion, Wolves, Brum and Cov then?

We have lived in their shadow forever. How can you even consider caring about any of them?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:So do you support Villa, Albion, Wolves, Brum and Cov then? :D

Stayaway Geoff supports those as much as he does Walsall. Moreso if he has a Sky Sports subscription. :mrgreen:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:So do you support Villa, Albion, Wolves, Brum and Cov then? :D

Stayaway Geoff supports those as much as he does Walsall. Moreso if he has a Sky Sports subscription. :mrgreen:

Not at all MMF, my interest is Walsall firstly, by a long way in fact, but I also like to see Midlands football doing well generally, especially against the London teams (and Sjoke of course, who I hate with a vengeance :evil: and Coventry too while they're in the same division as us). :)

PT
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Not at all MMF, my interest is Walsall firstly, by a long way in fact, but I also like to see Midlands football doing well generally, especially against the London teams (and Sjoke of course, who I hate with a vengeance :evil: and Coventry too while they're in the same division as us). :)

But Geoff, is it not sweet knowing how many people from a WS post code follow Villa because they're a bigger and more successful club and therefore knowing that the supporters of their home town team had a far far better footballing weekend than the glory hunting treacherous Vile folk?

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Not really fussed about Chelsea really, used to be a bit of a fan as a kid. If it wasn't the usual glory hunters like CFC, MUFC, etc all I heard growing up was Villa this Villa that, at school, on the park, basically everywhere in the WS postcode, like rats, they even sneak into the bescot wearing their claret and blue shite from time to time. There is no other team I hate as much, Shrewsbury are the second closest probably but Villa are just something else.

Don't care much for regional glory, just Walsall's. London is richer & more attractive for billionaire worth buyers, they should be on average more successful than the poor run down midlands when you think about it.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:13 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Geoff, who is the Midlands club? And even more so, who is the London club? I don't see all that many English players in either team, let alone players from the local area's. What on earth has each club got to do with the local area they are supposed to represent? The quicker they all disappear up their collective backsides the quicker.

You wanna catch the train back from games to see the amount of Villa fans catching it back to the Villa heartlands (such as Bloxwich, Cannock and Rugeley) and see their smirks when we get on at Bescot because we support such a pathetically small club. fudge 'em.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 pm

PT wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

But Geoff, is it not sweet knowing how many people from a WS post code follow Villa because they're a bigger and more successful club and therefore knowing that the supporters of their home town team had a far far better footballing weekend than the glory hunting treacherous Vile folk?

Exactly right. There is only one thing worse than a Villa fan, and that is a Villa fan from Walsall. There are plenty of them too, most of them actually go past the train stop at our ground to get to their hovel. If a few more of those stopped at Bescot instead of carrying on to Villa Park, maybe things would be better for us too?

Add this to the fact, that 90% of their fans seem to live in cloud cuckoo land, and think they are some kind of big club. Villa fans make me sick. If getting enjoyment out of their downfalls is wrong, well guess I'm a wrong un.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:53 pm

We-ARE-Walsall wrote:
PT wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Exactly right. There is only one thing worse than a Villa fan, and that is a Villa fan from Walsall. There are plenty of them too, most of them actually go past the train stop at our ground to get to their hovel. If a few more of those stopped at Bescot instead of carrying on to Villa Park, maybe things would be better for us too?

Add this to the fact, that 90% of their fans seem to live in cloud cuckoo land, and think they are some kind of big club. Villa fans make me sick. If getting enjoyment out of their downfalls is wrong, well guess I'm a wrong un.

Like.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:08 am

Villa are a component of the whole set up out to fudge lower league football once and for all. Remember that when the new youth player system kicks in and the Rob a player from us for pence.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:10 am

I hate Chelsea as much as the next man but even I had a titter at the result on Sunday. Villa fans from Walsall are the lowest of the low. Catching the same train and looking down their noses at you. I had as much sympathy for them on Sunday as I do for people that go to post letters at Midnight and find they've missed the last post. Arseholes.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Christmas just keeps getting better :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:21 pm

A result like this just SPURS you on to eat more After EIGHT mints!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note to Admin:- could we have a "snigger" emoticon, please?

Samaritans has set up special help-lines for depressed Vile fans:-

0800 80 80 80 or
0800 40 40 40

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Exile wrote:Any Villa fans out there fancy a pint? I'll pick you up at 8

C'mon! What are you waiting 4? :D

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:52 pm

The tatters from Dingleville lost 0-3 at home too.
:lol:

They've let em down.... AGAIN! :mrgreen:

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:12 am

It's wonderful that Saddler's have such a great sense of humour. Who'd have thought supporters of a club who've managed 2 wins their last 18 games and AND only two weeks ago lost 5-1 at Coventry can find such humour in Villa losing heavily in their last two games. :lol:

I just can't imagine why we're the laughing stock of Midlands football can you? :roll:

King Monkey
UTS Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 am

The 12 goals of Christmas :D

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:56 am

Sound_out wrote:It's wonderful that Saddler's have such a great sense of humour. Who'd have thought supporters of a club who've managed 2 wins their last 18 games and AND only two weeks ago lost 5-1 at Coventry can find such humour in Villa losing heavily in their last two games. :lol:

I just can't imagine why we're the laughing stock of Midlands football can you? :roll:

Okay, there is one subtle difference between the two. I am sure you as most Walsall fans do, realise that we are rubbish, apart from the odd season here and there always have been always will be. It's just how it is. However, Villa on the other hand have this misconception that they are a big club, should be/will be competing with the big guns at the other end of the table. They have only been waiting 30 years.

Since when have we been the laughing stock of the midlands anyway? Speak for yourself, I am proud to be a Walsall fan.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Inferiority complex kicking in there Sound out, best nip on the villa forums to make yourself feel better

Next
Return to UTS Classics