Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League Table 2011/2012

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League Table 2011/2012

Mon May 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Mods - can we lock this thread NOW before Agent Perv gets a chance to gloat?

Thanks in advance.

:wink:

This should keep him humble and hopefully quiet!!! :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Image

For a limited time I shall not go over the top with anything excessive due to the massive amount of respect I feel for Whitti Steve, Manchester, Exile and Old Penk and others in making it a very hard fought campaign right to the very end. It wouldn't be worth winning if the quality of competition wasn't so good.
Thanks also to Bart and JJ for producing the tables and doing the workings out.

I shall now enter a temporary 24 hour period of reflection on the role of luck and chance in predicting competitions.

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue May 08, 2012 7:09 am

Delighted with a top 10 finish in my first , full, season

Morty
Glitterati

Tue May 08, 2012 10:50 am

Aldridge_saddler wrote:Delighted with a top 10 finish in my first , full, season

Top 10 for me too - happy days!! :D

Although I'd like a 2nd opinion on how Maverick managed to play 47 weeks of a 46 week season!! :wink:

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Tue May 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks JJ for your efficient take over from Bart. I'm happy with my showing... consistent through the years :-)

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue May 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Morty wrote:Although I'd like a 2nd opinion on how Maverick managed to play 47 weeks of a 46 week season!! :wink:

:lol:

Good spot! Must have been a late night glitch from me when sorting the final table!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:Thanks JJ for your efficient take over from Bart. I'm happy with my showing... consistent through the years :-)

Thanks Steve, and well done on a very close second! I like to think I've done a good job at keeping it going, even if the odd 'mistake' gets made every now and then! :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue May 08, 2012 6:04 pm

>>> I DID IT! <<<

VICTORY

IS

MINE!

Liberation Day 5th May
I am still luxuriating in the delightful pool of triumph as the sunshine of victory gently warms my bronzing flesh. Small fish nibble at my pink toes while naked slaves feed me fondants and pull on immense fans. There is an intense spiritual high that only a monumentally important triumph like this bestows. Is this how Jesus felt when he mounted Mary Magdalene? It’s an absolutely brilliant and fantastic sensation, surpassing even the renowned 1979 Chuckery School Sports Day three-legged sack race, which was shared with some mute half-wit in the same sack anyway.

104 points
No-one will ever beat that. I am by far the best predictor ever to walk the face of the earth. Hannibal, Alexander the great, Caesar - none of them ever won a UTS prediction league with such a powerful ejeculative surge! I have transcended the mortal realm and stormed the gates of heaven to become the ultimate master of the prediction universe. Imagine if predicting aliens were to threaten to attack the earth, then all the world’s presidents would crawl through slime on their knees to beg me to save the galaxy through my superior predictive prowess. I might.

Triumph
I may very well obtain a buttock tattoo with a large 104 garnished with resplendent angel wings and writhing snakes with the single word ‘feltchtastic’ picked out with small jewels. This is a life changing event. I may now breed - a public service as special genes like this should not be lost to humankind.

The Greatest comeback of all time
I was not even on the left hand column early on and couldn‘t see my name, something that I was cruelly mocked over by the ignorant. I successfully clawed back a huge 9 point deficit and sheer momentum carried me on through to 3rd, 2nd and eventually to joint first. I was able to claim first place of my very own and never lost it for the length of the season to finally smash through the finishing line like an unstoppable, titanic behemoth - leaving a trail of devastation, pain, despair and misery in my wake. You all now have permission to cry.

Horribly Soiled
Even if someone else achieves some lucky win after this, the mountain summit will have my brightly coloured flag flapping around on top of it. There will still be the pungent stench of ME. Smell my cheese you mother! I have also piddled ‘how do you like them apples’ with my own stinking yellow urine into the virgin snow. I feel like a grotesquely bloated cat that has soiled the pristine mattress of destiny with a horrific rectal abomination. The gestation period for this triumph was over 9 months - longer than it takes to carry a child.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnuuLeDHORA[/youtube]

6 years of never, ever missing a single prediction - roughly the duration of World War Two.

It was all worth it.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Wed May 09, 2012 7:53 am

:mrgreen: I didn't read, so I hope you didn;t spend too long putting all that together :mrgreen: I love someone who is humble in victory.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed May 09, 2012 5:08 pm

If only you were a worthy winner, Saigon. I fear the points per game table would tell a different story though, no doubt why you remain silent on this issue...

Exile: 2.279
Saigon: 2.261

I'll be top three next year. Where will you be, my little flash in the pan?

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Wed May 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Exile wrote:If only you were a worthy winner, Saigon. I fear the points per game table would tell a different story though, no doubt why you remain silent on this issue...

You snooze, you lose

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Wed May 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:Thanks JJ for your efficient take over from Bart. I'm happy with my showing... consistent through the years :-)

Thanks Steve, and well done on a very close second! I like to think I've done a good job at keeping it going, even if the odd 'mistake' gets made every now and then! :wink:

I wanna thank JJ aswell, I know what it takes to keep it going. If you can do it again next season, go ahead. It really looks (already) that I won't have a lot of time (and courage) to be on my pc again, certainly when it's getting intensive with some tuesday-fixtures,...

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Exile wrote:If only you were a worthy winner, Saigon. I fear the points per game table would tell a different story though, no doubt why you remain silent on this issue...

No need to fear -it does tell a different story!! Just look nearer the top of this page for the points per game ration table, or which you are clearly top!! :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Exile wrote:I'll be top three next year. ?

Many congratulations on your finish in 4th place! Your highest ever, if I'm not mistaken. You must be absolutely thrilled! :D

Here's my record:

2nd, 4th, 16th, 2nd, 7th, 1st.

1st

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0sXXNrx-4[/youtube]

I think you have only finished ahead of me on one, solitary occasion during an especially strange season - you might have been 15th. I’m pretty sure, but then again I don’t easily remember the records of also-rans I’m afraid. Even the hapless Manchester has done better than that... 8)

However, if it amuses you to miss out weeks that are simply too difficult to get a decent points return and rely on easy weeks to maintain a good 'average', it would be churlish of me to spoil your fun.

You might get 3rd one day, but I would try to actually predict all the games on offer. I feel this helps. The very best of luck in your goal, something that I already have a 50% success rate in. How about that for a nice 'average' :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

:D

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu May 10, 2012 1:38 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:I'll be top three next year. ?

Many congratulations on your finish in 4th place! Your highest ever, if I'm not mistaken. You must be absolutely thrilled! :D

Here's my record:

2nd, 4th, 16th, 2nd, 7th, 1st.

if you're claiming that as your official record then I must have finished 3rd, 3rd, 15th, 2nd=, 6th and 3rd, but we both know you made that up, especially with the official record available in the classics archive :wink:

(older years need a gold card membership) :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu May 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Actually.....

The starting season was Jeffsmate, Me and Duke with Manchester poised but thwarted (by Richard Branson and Virgin Media failure :D ).
The 2nd season was Manchester's brush with fame (horribly snatched away at the termination by Atomic Rooster :D ) Me in 4th, behind JJ.
The last three are available to view in the archives, with that 3rd season worse for us both :oops: - Me in 22nd and just sneaking into the left hand column. You in 35th :shock:
Then Me in 2nd from Stig231 with you in 11th
And last season me in 7th and you in 10th.

So my record is 2nd, 4th, 22nd, 2nd, 7th, 1st.
Yown record is.. 7+, 7+, 35th, 12th, 10th, 4th. You definately weren't in the top 6 in seasons one or two because you didn't qualify for a prize.
Manchester's is 4th, 2nd, 8th, 5th, 15th, 3rd

Anyway the upshot is I have more to fear from Manchester - which is why is he gets constantly beasted. Come to think of it - where is my richly deserved tribute from predictions answer to John Major? Manchester!?
Oh MANCHESTER!??? :?: :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu May 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Life's too short... :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu May 10, 2012 9:21 pm

To the LUCKIEST competitor in this year's competition.

I have a message.

Be afraid ...

Because ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPePk3kGZk[/youtube]

:twisted:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue May 29, 2012 9:59 pm

I have been constantly thinking of the method of salutation that normal people should begin using to address me. ME. This would please me and should begin at once.

His Imperial Majesty
His Majestic Imperiality
Imperial Overlord of the Universe
His Supreme Overlord
His Overlordship, Emperor of the Galaxy
His Imperial Emperor, Majestic Overlord of the Heavens - I think I like this one.

I'll let a minion choose. Where is Manchester? Oh there he is, looking down with a burning level of envy (see 2.44) along with another hopeless also-ran, probably Exile or Gerryhatrick or one of the other lesser players.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni0xLqWBdSU[/youtube]

Only two issues with this otherwise wonderful victory parade - someone makes a reference to being 'arrogant', which obviously isn't me. And the slave who repeatedly spoils the mood by saying 'remember thou art only a man'. I'm not a man. I'm NOT. I'm NOT. I'm NOT.
I'm > His Imperial Emperor, Majestic Overlord of the Heavens!!!! :idea: FACT :idea:

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Wed May 30, 2012 4:25 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:I have been constantly thinking of the method of salutation that normal people should begin using to address me. ME. This would please me and should begin at once.

His Imperial Majesty
His Majestic Imperiality
His Supreme Overlord
His Imperial Emperor, Majestic Overlord of the Heavens - I think I like this one.

I'll let a minion choose. Where is Manchester? Oh there he is, looking down with a burning level of envy (see 2.44) along with another hopeless also-ran, probably Exile or Gerryhatrick or one of the other lesser players.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni0xLqWBdSU[/youtube]

Only two issues with this otherwise wonderful victory parade - someone makes a reference to being 'arrogant', which obviously isn't me. And the slave who repeatedly spoils the mood by saying 'remember thou art only a man'. I'm not a man. I'm NOT. I'm NOT. I'm NOT.
I'm > His Imperial Emperor, Majestic Overlord of the Heavens!!!! :idea: FACT :idea:

How about, "Oi, Pratt"?

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed May 30, 2012 5:22 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:I have been constantly thinking of the method of salutation that normal people should begin using to address me. ME. This would please me and should begin at once.

His Imperial Majesty
His Majestic Imperiality
His Supreme Overlord

Kim Jong Matt?

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Wed May 30, 2012 5:29 am

King Crimson wrote:

His Imperial Majesty
His Majestic Imperiality
His Supreme Overlord

Kim Jong Matt?

Kim Jong Pratt

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 30, 2012 8:51 am

This isn't really going to plan........ :?

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed May 30, 2012 8:51 am

Kim Jong Tw..

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Thu May 31, 2012 7:21 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:This isn't really going to plan........ :?

There was a plan? :shock:

Incidentally, "Imperial Emperor" is crass tautology :lol:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu May 31, 2012 10:01 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:This isn't really going to plan........ :?

There was a plan? :shock:

Incidentally, "Imperial Emperor" is crass tautology :lol:

'Crass' is my middle name. :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu May 31, 2012 12:03 pm

It took you all of this time to come up with this ridiculous nonsense?:

His Imperial Emperor, Majestic Overlord of the Heavens

How about:

Prediction Emperor Now In State

Chief Of Crass Kings

Tsar With A Title

They will make nice acronyms for you.

How about:

Prince Pervert

Queen Pervert or the Predictiors

Not so good on the acronym front but more accurate than your pathetic choice.

I quite like

Matt the INSERT WORD THAT RHYMES WITH MATT

:D :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu May 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:It took you all of this time to come up with this ridiculous nonsense?:
How about:
Chief Of Crass Kings
Tsar With A Title
How about:
Prince Pervert
I quite like

Harsh. Very harsh. :|

However, I do quite like Prince Pervert.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu May 31, 2012 4:03 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:It took you all of this time to come up with this ridiculous nonsense?:
How about:
Chief Of Crass Kings
Tsar With A Title
How about:
Prince Pervert
I quite like

You can get your revenge when I sweep everybody aside next season.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu May 31, 2012 4:06 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
How about:
Chief Of Crass Kings
Tsar With A Title
How about:
Prince Pervert
I quite like

You can get your revenge when I sweep everybody aside next season.

I'm beginning to lose faith in that EVER happening. :D

Or you even finishing ahead of of me EVER again. EVER. Again. EVER.

:idea:

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics