Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

F.A. Cup Prediction League Table 2010-11

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Re: F.A. Cup Prediction League Table 2010-11

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Evening all. Here is the prediction table after the 3rd round just played at the weekend. Top scorers with 4 points were new prediction 'partaker', Scottie H, and myself ( :D ) The 'disciplinary panel' decisions ( :wink: ) haven't really had a major effect on the positions!
Only a couple of big fat zeros in there but, just like the Saddlers, they obviously just can't get going in the cup!

Round 4 is 29th January, so will put up predictions at the start of that week.

Last edited by Jolly Johnny on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Get in me babbies

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:11 am

i like this game :D :D :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:15 am

Boys, boys boys...why did I have to be left with all these decisions to make!!
After consulting the disciplinary panel, the following decisions have been made:
Duke - despite the original rule this round that predictions should be in by 12.45 on the Sat, as he submitted them before the kick off time of any of his predicted games, then the points will be allowed to stand on this occasion (we're all 'allowed 1' aren't we!

Jolly - I received this PM from Duke, regarding this issue:

Hi Matt, I would just like to say on behalf of everyone that has ever made a prediction on UTS that you are by far the best predictor. Your predictions are not only accurate, but really exciting and clever. I feel really bad about cheating in the last round - I felt it was the only way I could have a chance of getting anywhere near you. Because of this, and because you are the best predictor by a long way, I would like you to have half of the points that I get in my future predictions. You probably won't need them to win comfortably anyway, but it would go some way to clear my conscience. With the greatest of respect, and dare I say, awe. Duke.

PS - I am glad Manchester is failing miserably. I went to school with him and he used to bully me by poking me and pulling my hair, pinching etc. If I was Jolly or Bart I would take away all his points!

I just thought I would share this message with everyone else. :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Matthew, if you are so good at predicting, why have you won BUGGER ALL???

:D

P.S. I resent the fact that "Duke" thinks I am old enough to have gone to school with him. He is even older that Pedagogue and Geoff Whiting isn't he? Ah! maybe that explains the PM. He is clearly so old that he has forgotten a few things - including how crap you are at predicting.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Matthew, if you are so good at predicting, why have you won bother ALL???

P.S. I resent the fact that "Duke" thinks I am old enough to have gone to school with him. He is even older that Pedagogue and Geoff Whiting isn't he? Ah! maybe that explains the PM. He is clearly so old that he has forgotten a few things - including how crud you are at predicting.

Ah, but who can forget the recent PM you sent me on this very point:

Matt, even though you are by far the best poster that I have ever seen, indeed that any of us have ever come across, I feel that I must threaten you if you continue predicting. This is because of a deep insecurity about the quality of my predicting and the fact that I am a very bad person. This is also the reason that I cheat when predicting by phoning up before games and using cheat tools, gimmicks and other stuff. Anyway, if you continue to make me look foolish with your predicting genius then I will get someone to come and bully you. I was really good at this at school with Chinese burns and what-not so you had better be careful!

Manchester.

PS - I have been changing your predictions and that is why you are not top of the table this year! Ha Ha Ha!

I hope Jolly and Bart decide to take action against this kind of vicious campaign of terror! :?

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:04 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:Matthew, if you are so good at predicting, why have you won bother ALL???

P.S. I resent the fact that "Duke" thinks I am old enough to have gone to school with him. He is even older that Pedagogue and Geoff Whiting isn't he? Ah! maybe that explains the PM. He is clearly so old that he has forgotten a few things - including how crud you are at predicting.

Ah, but who can forget the recent PM you sent me on this very point:

Matt, even though you are by far the best poster that I have ever seen, indeed that any of us have ever come across, I feel that I must threaten you if you continue predicting. This is because of a deep insecurity about the quality of my predicting and the fact that I am a very bad person. This is also the reason that I cheat when predicting by phoning up before games and using cheat tools, gimmicks and other stuff. Anyway, if you continue to make me look foolish with your predicting genius then I will get someone to come and bully you. I was really good at this at school with Chinese burns and what-not so you had better be careful!

Manchester.

PS - I have been changing your predictions and that is why you are not top of the table this year! Ha Ha Ha!

I hope Jolly and Bart decide to take action against this kind of vicious campaign of terror! :?

Can I just post the REAL PM I sent?

Matt, even though you are by far the MOST PERVERTED poster that I have ever seen, indeed that any of us have ever come across, I feel that I must URGE you TO RECONSIDER predicting. This is because YOUR PREDICTIONS ARE SO DIRE THAT YOU ARE BECOMING A LAUGHING STOCK. This is DESPITE YOUR ATTEMPTS TO cheat when predicting by phoning up before games and BEING SO UNIMAGINATIVE THAT YOU HAVE TO COPY OTHER PEOPLE'S PREDICTIONS - EVEN KING CRIMSON'S!!!!. Anyway, if you continue to make YOURSELF look foolish with your predicting INEPTITUDE then I will get someone to come and OFFER YOU SOME SORT OF THERAPY. I AM A WONDERFUL CARING PERSON AND EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE A PERVERT I WILL ENDEAVOUR TO HELP YOU.

Manchester.

PS - I have EVEN been changing MY OWN predictions TO BE BAD IN ORDER TO MAKE YOU LOOK BETTER THAN YOU REALLY ARE AND TO GIVE YOU (FINALLY) A MODICUM OF SELF RESPECT and that is why I AM not top of the table this year!

Some people have no gratitude!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:40 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:I hope Jolly and Bart decide to take action against this kind of vicious campaign of terror! :?

To be honest, I'm just gonna sit back and keep enjoying the show!! :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:41 am

screenshots or it didn't happen. :wink:

AlexTheWalsallFan
Glitterati

Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Joint second despite totally forgetting to predict, brilliant :mrgreen:

Scottie_H
UTS Veteran

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:45 pm

I am happy with the contents of this thread

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:47 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Boys, boys boys...why did I have to be left with all these decisions to make!!
After consulting the disciplinary panel, the following decisions have been made:
Duke - despite the original rule this round that predictions should be in by 12.45 on the Sat, as he submitted them before the kick off time of any of his predicted games, then the points will be allowed to stand on this occasion (we're all 'allowed 1' aren't we!

Jolly - I received this PM from Duke, regarding this issue:

Hi Matt, I would just like to say on behalf of everyone that has ever made a prediction on UTS that you are by far the best predictor. Your predictions are not only accurate, but really exciting and clever. I feel really bad about cheating in the last round - I felt it was the only way I could have a chance of getting anywhere near you. Because of this, and because you are the best predictor by a long way, I would like you to have half of the points that I get in my future predictions. You probably won't need them to win comfortably anyway, but it would go some way to clear my conscience. With the greatest of respect, and dare I say, awe. Duke.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=8&p=870651#
PS - I am glad Manchester is failing miserably. I went to school with him and he used to bully me by poking me and pulling my hair, pinching etc. If I was Jolly or Bart I would take away all his points!

I just thought I would share this message with everyone else. :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:33 pm

Evening all! Here is the league table after the 4th round of the FA Cup. It seems like some predictors can't handle the pressure of the cup and have dropped out ( :( ) but there is all to play for as we go into the second half of the competition!

Round 4 winners were HK Saddler and Manchester Saddler with 4 points each - well done to both of you! Only one 0 and that was the Duke!

Next round is 19-21 Feb but there are couple of fixtures at the start of March too, so I'll think about how we handle this nearer the time. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:38 pm

WHOO-HOO! :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:04 am

Cup? Pfft! I'm concentrating on the league. :mrgreen:

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:43 am

Exile wrote:Cup? Pfft! I'm concentrating on the league. :mrgreen:

its that sort of attitude that has killed the Cup - R U Ferguson in disguise :D

note - on the league front I am just giving you that sense of comfort in the chase for a curry - normal service will be resumed very shortly.

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Top of the league and joint top in the cup. This season is so weird we may stay up!

Casual D
UTS Veteran

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 pm

lowest position of anyone who's played every round :oops: :oops:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Here is the table after Round 5 as promised. As everyone pretty much predicted the same games and the same outcomes, there isn't much change in the look of the table. The round's winner is Maverick with 2 points. Well done!! EVERYONE else got 1 point!!

Hopefully people will be a bit braver in the Quarter Finals to see if they jump up a few places and stake a claim going into the semis and final!!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Evening all, sorry for the delay in getting the updated table on for the QF round, busy busy busy round here!

Anyway, here it is. Some good points scored this week and some good movements made in the table, heading into the semi finals and then final.
Top scorers were Madchester Saddler, Alex the Walsall Fan, Whitti Steve, Exile and Welsh Saddler, all with 4 points, well done! There were no big fat zeros but a couple of 1 pointers didn't help the cup cause for some! :wink:

Semi finals aren't till 16th/17th April when 4 teams from north of Birmingham will make the trek to London ( :? :roll: ) so will set up the thread the Monday before, including an adapted scoring system to keep it fun till the end!

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:49 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:Evening all, sorry for the delay in getting the updated table on for the QF round, busy busy busy round here!

Anyway, here it is. Some good points scored this week and some good movements made in the table, heading into the semi finals and then final.
Top scorers were Madchester Saddler, Alex the Walsall Fan, Whitti Steve, Exile and Welsh Saddler, all with 4 points, well done! There were no big fat zeros but a couple of 1 pointers didn't help the cup cause for some! :wink:

Semi finals aren't till 16th/17th April when 4 teams from north of Birmingham will make the trek to London ( :? :roll: ) so will set up the thread the Monday before, including an adapted scoring system to keep it fun till the end!

Well well well!

Saigon Saddler in a massive return to form - i.e. BELOW me!!

:lol:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:11 am

Manchester in freak successful prediction shock!

Cue outrageous pontificating boasting nonsense. Not big or clever, and I would never do anything like that. Please learn to adopt some class like which what I have got!

:P :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Well, the semi finals brought some unexpected results and scorelines, reflected in the number of points scored by predictors!! Despite a 'double your points' round, only 2 people scored any!! Duke and AlextheWalsallfan were the round's winners with 2 points. Everyone else got nothing!! So not much change in the table other than the point scorers move up and it now leaves a 3 way tie for the lead going into the final, in a few weeks time!

Here is the current table:

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Thu May 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Are we going to get a final table? Then Exile can come on and tell us all why he really won again as he always does with t'other prediction league. He's been living too close to Aus and has picked up the whining like a local!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu May 19, 2011 10:31 pm

HKSaddler wrote:Are we going to get a final table? Then Exile can come on and tell us all why he really won again as he always does with t'other prediction league. He's been living too close to Aus and has picked up the whining like a local!

Yeah, will do tomoz or Sat, just been busy with work and nursing knackered ligaments!

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 am

HKSaddler wrote:Are we going to get a final table? Then Exile can come on and tell us all why he really won again as he always does with t'other prediction league. He's been living too close to Aus and has picked up the whining like a local!

:mrgreen:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat May 28, 2011 11:01 am

Morning all, sorry it's been a while waiting for the table. Been busy and still having computer issues which still need sorting out. :x

So, here is the final table after Man City's expected victory the other week! Winners in the actual final round were AlexTheWalsallFan, Manchester Saddler and HK Saddler with 4 points after all correctly predicting the 1-0 full time scoreline. This leaves the table with two people at the top on 18 points - HK Saddler and AlexTheWalsallFan. If you go by points per prediction week ratio, Alex would win but if you go by the number of weeks in top spot, it would be HK who would win. So, in true Harry Hill style, there is only way to decide it...fiiiiiight! But, in a more mature and sensible way forward, it is a shared title this season. You can decide who wants to have the accolade for the first 6 months! Well done to everyone and cue the verbals between Manchester and Saigon! :mrgreen:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun May 29, 2011 6:16 pm

There's nothing to say, JJ, except this proves how dreadful Saigon is at predicting.

He's even happy about finishing 7th - SEVENTH!!!!! It just shows how low his standards are.

I am gutted that I was so dreadful myself - but I will be back next season.

Till next season when (hopefully) normal service will be resumed.

:D

AlexTheWalsallFan
Glitterati

Sun May 29, 2011 11:08 pm

I prefer the points by prediction week method to be totally honest. :wink:

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics