Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

HUTCHINGS HAS GONE!!!

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Re: Re: HUTCHINGS HAS GONE!!!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:12 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:The problem we have is that it could go either way. The better professionals at the club will welcome a more disciplined regime. The losers, of which I think there maybe too many will not appreciate having to work harder, and have more rules, so could cause problems.

Agree. When Merson's reign ended, I think Broadhurst's main difficulty was getting us back to being a professional outfit again. As it happened, we were too far gone by that point.

Pretty sure the likes of Lescott, Gray and Jones would benefit from a kick up the backside though.

Jones more than anyone, yet he's still golden boy to many fans.

Pipe_Cleaner
UTS Regular

Re: HUTCHINGS HAS GONE!!!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Exile wrote:Months too late but bloody glad he's gone.

Back to my beach holiday a happy Saddler, :)

He had to go in the end. Enjoy the beach you lucky blighter!

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Re: Re: HUTCHINGS HAS GONE!!!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:The problem we have is that it could go either way. The better professionals at the club will welcome a more disciplined regime. The losers, of which I think there maybe too many will not appreciate having to work harder, and have more rules, so could cause problems.

Agree. When Merson's reign ended, I think Broadhurst's main difficulty was getting us back to being a professional outfit again. As it happened, we were too far gone by that point.

Pretty sure the likes of Lescott, Gray and Jones would benefit from a kick up the backside though.

Yes - not sure what's going on with the previously rumoured move to Crewe at the end of the season, but if his heart's not in it we shoud just let him go early.
As well as he's played in the past, I don't think we'd have too much trouble finding a winger who'll flit in and out of around 20 games a season.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Plus, everytime someone goes anywhere near Jones i wince, because he's as brittle as a plant pot. Cant afford injury prone players even if they're good, mind you i agree Jones has been cack for a while now.

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:11 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:

personally, i think gray tried against notts, i was suprised usually i hate watching him play but i had no reason to think he was being as lazy as others on the pitch, i think he does have fight in him, i think jones will be a better player with a manager who actually has a game plan and will hopefully see jones as a big threat and use him to our advantage, just lately it seems hes lost his magic touch.

as for lescott i would gladly rip up his contract and tell him where he can go, hes just got a gob on him and a bad attitude

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Re: Re: Re: HUTCHINGS HAS GONE!!!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:12 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

Yes - not sure what's going on with the previously rumoured move to Crewe at the end of the season, but if his heart's not in it we shoud just let him go early.
As well as he's played in the past, I don't think we'd have too much trouble finding a winger who'll flit in and out of around 20 games a season.

We'd get twice as many games out of Mark Wright. ;)

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Re: Re: Re: HUTCHINGS HAS GONE!!!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

We'd get twice as many games out of Mark Wright. ;)

He's only in non-league. We'd get him quite cheaply.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:18 am

I ahte Mark Wright, but at least he was amusingly wimpy.

Id rather a winger run up to another player, then run off in fear. Rather than a winger not bother at all.

Id also rather a winger perform for 5 games in 25. Than one thats as injury prone as a dead parrot. And at least Mark Wright didnt wear pink boots.

UTS

Previous
Return to You Said That Then