Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

HUTCHINGS HAS GONE!!!

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Re: HUTCHINGS HAS GONE!!!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:06 pm

This is the news we have been waiting for, shame it has come so late.

We need either an interim manager within the next few days (Nicholl?) to steer us till the end of the season and review the situation then or to write this season off completely, accept we are doomed and take time over a new appointment to make sure we get it right this time.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 pm

VAT goes up today, forcing up the price of dvd's. No wonder the club acted. :D

All the best to the pair of them. O'Connor is still a legend and my 2nd favourite player ever :D

Casual D
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:08 pm

m&m wrote:This should have happened after the 4-1 home defeat to tranmere on the 23rd October!

It is two months late, but better late than never as they say.

I was concerned the club would dawdle over the decision till after january.

However, thanks to our frozen pitch (and brizzle's), Hutchings was effectively sacked three games earlier than it seems. The new guy (whoever it is) still has those three games, the Dagenham one in particular could be key. Let's hope he understands the meaning of "must-win" and "six pointer."

Casual D
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:VAT goes up today, forcing up the price of dvd's. No wonder the club acted. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus it's still a bit cold to be rolling our sleeves up.

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:VAT goes up today, forcing up the price of dvd's. No wonder the club acted. :D

Funniest post of the season :lol:

And a close second to my Colin Lee one :wink:

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:25 pm

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:26 pm

yoda wrote:5% think it was the wrong decision.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wal ... hutchings/

I just pushed it back down to 4.9!

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Back up to 5.32% now....... who on earth could have voted against the sack for CH???

(It wasn't me, by the way) :mrgreen:

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Back up to 5.32% now....... who on earth could have voted against the sack for CH???

Dingles on their lunch hour?

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Back up to 5.32% now....... who on earth could have voted against the sack for CH???

The Hutchings family
The O Connor family
Zippy
:D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Aldridge_saddler wrote:I have just had a funny look from the guy's at work as I did this,

Around the office

You try doing it in front of 28 kids when the head tells you the good news.

I had to explain it away as exercising.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Absolutely over the moon, lets hope we get a brilliant replacement to steer us in the right direction and try to get us out of this mess.

I might just renew my season ticket next season. :)

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:57 pm

:D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comedy platinum!

Deano_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Thank god for that.

deanonev69
Glitterati

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Nearly brought my lunch back up as i danced around office having logged on Express and Star website.

Pick carefully Bonser, the short and long term future of the club lies with your decision.

yoda
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Interesting to note that while most players twweted the usual 'best wishes', a certain Mr Lescott was very defensive of Hutch;

"Listen walsall fans I understand your view on the manager because the results were not good but understand from a players point of view he was a nice bloke who treated us fairly and had our respect "

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:56 pm

yoda wrote:Interesting to note that while most players twweted the usual 'best wishes', a certain Mr Lescott was very defensive of Hutch;

"Listen walsall fans I understand your view on the manager because the results were not good but understand from a players point of view he was a nice bloke who treated us fairly and had our respect "

So howcome the players have obviously treated him like something they trod in. If they repsected him so much he would have still been in a job and we would have been half way up the league. Accept some responsibility you Pillock :twisted: :evil:

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Obviously I am referring to Lescott as the pillock, not you Yoda :D

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:22 pm

yoda wrote:Interesting to note that while most players twweted the usual 'best wishes', a certain Mr Lescott was very defensive of Hutch;

Interesting comment, but in the dog-eat-dog world of professional football being a nice bloke who treats players fairly doesn't cut any ice on the field of play. Ray Graydon appeared for all the world to be a "nice bloke who treated players fairly" but his disciplined approach translated into much better results than this nice bloke.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:30 pm

Nice bloke, obviously too nice as you all played like a bunch of girls.

Lescott is a joke of a player anyway.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:54 pm

At last - common sense prevails. Let's just hope that it isn't too late!!!

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:54 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:I would like to take the opportunity (on the off chance that this will be read) to thank Chris and Martin for their efforts and wish all the very best in the future.

It is unfortunate that it hasn't worked out but I sincerely hope they bounce back soon.

Good luck chaps!

Matt

I agree, they were both complete failures in football management and I can't imagine anybody ever employing them; they are rubbish.

Fortunately they can now seek employment more suitable to their talents :?:

Duke
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 pm

about time too , hope it's not to late .

25 games to save our season .

UTS

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:31 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:

So howcome the players have obviously treated him like something they trod in. If they repsected him so much he would have still been in a job and we would have been half way up the league. Accept some responsibility you Pillock :twisted: :evil:

They liked him as manager, because they had the easy life. They didn't play on the pitch because they knew they could get away with it. When Gray came off on Saturday, Hutchings patted him on the back. That was the problem, no discipline or nasty side to the management, which suits lazy footballers, hence players currently with us encouraging their mates to join. Macken > Devaney etc. You can imagine the conversation "get yourself down here, it's great. Easy going gaffer, we can do what we like and get away with it".

Players didn't like Graydon, because he was tough on them, but they respected him so played for him. We need something in between but not another Mr nice guy.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 pm

At least the triple sacking has provided a nice advance birthday present to Metfanwy and 4143.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
belgiansaddler wrote:

They liked him as manager, because they had the easy life. They didn't play on the pitch because they knew they could get away with it. When Gray came off on Saturday, Hutchings patted him on the back. That was the problem, no discipline or nasty side to the management, which suits lazy footballers, hence players currently with us encouraging their mates to join. Macken > Devaney etc. You can imagine the conversation "get yourself down here, it's great. Easy going gaffer, we can do what we like and get away with it".

Players didn't like Graydon, because he was tough on them, but they respected him so played for him. We need something in between but not another Mr nice guy.

Completely agree. I for one hated the thought of Lee Hendrie coming here to join his buddies.

Can't help but think we need a disciplinarian now. If that means we have to sacrifice a couple of players who are adjudged not to be up for the fight, so be it.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:43 am

The problem we have is that it could go either way. The better professionals at the club will welcome a more disciplined regime. The losers, of which I think there maybe too many will not appreciate having to work harder, and have more rules, so could cause problems.

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 am

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:You try doing it in front of 28 kids when the head tells you the good news.

I had to explain it away as exercising.

haha, I remember Friday lunch time on the field was always goal celebrations!

Obviously your going to defend the man who gave you a contract. :roll:

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:The problem we have is that it could go either way. The better professionals at the club will welcome a more disciplined regime. The losers, of which I think there maybe too many will not appreciate having to work harder, and have more rules, so could cause problems.

Agree. When Merson's reign ended, I think Broadhurst's main difficulty was getting us back to being a professional outfit again. As it happened, we were too far gone by that point.

Pretty sure the likes of Lescott, Gray and Jones would benefit from a kick up the backside though.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:37 am

Months too late but bloody glad he's gone.

Back to my beach holiday a happy Saddler, :)

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then