Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Fantasy Football

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Fantasy Football

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Having started off strong before eventually fading away I thought i'd give the premier league fantasy football another go. I've created a league called Up The Saddlers and the code is 697865 - 161711 if you want to join.

Create your team here http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Just register, create your team within the budget (£100m) and join the league using the above code.

Let battle commence.

* Mods, can we make this a sticky for a while? *

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Re: Fantasy Football

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Ishy wil cost £4.5m if you want to take a punt on him but please note you do lose points for red and yellow cards :lol:

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Made a team on there a while back. I cant seem to join your league though :(

RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Team Name = Touching Clough!

My starting team is:

Schwarzer

Hangeland
Terry
Vermaelen

Dorrans
J Cole
Bale
Nani

Tevez
Van Persie
Doyle

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Ah, there we go! Joined. No space between numbers and the line :D
697865-161711 Copy and paste that into it and it should work.

Team Name: Gilberts Galacticos

Starting Team:
Given
Terry Upson Dawson
Lampard Milner Huddlestone Ferguson
Drogba(c) Rodallega Crouch

Weak attack imo :(

Edit: Givet, Rodallega out.
Taylor (Newcastle, I know he's out until November but it's a risk im prepared to take! :D ) and Crouchy!

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:54 pm

I've joined :D

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Joined up.

-FSF-

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 am

The Football Supporters’ Federation are running two fantasy football competitions for our members this season through the excellent, and free, premierleague.com and fantasy.football-league.co.uk websites. But it's not just bragging rights up for grabs; we’re throwing in a bunch of prizes into the bargain, too, if you’re good enough to win them, that is.

If you’ve not played before, simply register at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ and come join us. If you’re already on the site and have picked your team for this coming season, or are planning on doing so, then just add yourself to our league (The FSF League), the code for which is 129744-45449.

We will also be running a Championship version, for fans of Football League clubs, through http://fantasy.football-league.co.uk. Come and join our league there - to sign up to the FSF League, simply enter the PIN 1071.

Pit your wits against football fans from across the country and be in line for weekly and monthly prizes.

In our Premier League game, the manager of the month each month will nab themselves a free year’s subscription to our excellent (if we do say so ourselves) magazine The Football Supporter. If you doubt your ability for sustained success and feel your chance is more likely to come with a one-off fluke, then don’t worry - the individual with the top score each and every gameweek will win themselves a copy of the magazine too, absolutely gratis.

In our Football League game, the manager of the month will also receive a free year's subscription to The Football Supporter, while those finishing second and third will bag themselves a free copy of the magazine.

And in case you were wondering, if there is a tie in any week/month then all the players with the top score will win the prize, because we’re just that generous and giving.

We’ll also be announcing regular extra prizes throughout the season: loads of football books, fanzines, DVDs or whatever else we can find down the back of the sofa at FSF Towers. The best way to keep in touch with it all is through our Facebook page, so join us there today at www.facebook.com/thefsf.

To be eligible to claim your prize you must be a member of the FSF. If you’re already a member then you’re clearly someone of good taste, but if you’re not but then you’ll be pleased to know that that’s absolutely free as well – all it takes is 30 seconds at www.fsf.org.uk/join giving us your name, the club you support and your email address. Dead simple. And yes, we will be checking – if you’ve not joined the FSF before the week or month you win, the next person down the list who is a member will get your prize. No ifs, no buts.

So get along to The FSF Leagues online, and test yourselves against the football geniuses of Britain (and one or two FSF members of staff, too).

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:09 am

Joined the FSF Prem League one on www.premierleague.com
Now i'm going to join the Championship one! :D
Wish we had a League One one for us League 1 fans :(

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:23 am

If anybody wants to join my 'Up The Saddlers' league on the football league one then the code is 5840
Last edited by DanWalsallFC on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goose277
Glitterati

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:15 am

DanWalsallFC wrote:Ah, there we go! Joined. No space between numbers and the line :D

Starting Team:
Given
Terry Upson Dawson

Taylor (Newcastle, I know he's out until November but it's a risk im prepared to take! :D ) and Crouchy!

I've left him in as Wigan are at home to Blackpool in their first game and I reckon he'll get at least a brace.

I'm still tweaking my team to be honest but I will leave you all behind, drowning in my wake :D :D

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:19 am

The Rings Around Uranus will win the league easily.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:29 am

Goose277 wrote:
DanWalsallFC wrote:Ah, there we go! Joined. No space between numbers and the line :D

Starting Team:
Given
Terry Upson Dawson

I've left him in as Wigan are at home to Blackpool in their first game and I reckon he'll get at least a brace.

I'm still tweaking my team to be honest but I will leave you all behind, drowning in my wake :D :D

:lol: We'll see :wink: Im very confident now!
I think the problem with mine in the first week is that i've got Given for Man City in goal, Crouchy upfront for Spurs. And its Man City vs Spurs same with Upson for West Ham and Carew & Milner for The Vile. so they'd just cancel themselves out. I'm hoping Spurs and Man City draw 0-0 and The Vile beat West Ham 1-0 with Milner assisting Carew! :D
Hoping Drogba is fit to face West Brom, Lampard and 'The Drog' could get me a few points there!
I look far too much into it dont I?! :D

Goose277
Glitterati

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:03 pm

DanWalsallFC wrote:
Goose277 wrote:

Starting Team:
Given
Terry Upson Dawson

:lol: We'll see :wink: Im very confident now!
I think the problem with mine in the first week is that i've got Given for Man City in goal, Crouchy upfront for Spurs. And its Man City vs Spurs same with Upson for West Ham and Carew & Milner for The Vile. so they'd just cancel themselves out. I'm hoping Spurs and Man City draw 0-0 and The Vile beat West Ham 1-0 with Milner assisting Carew! :D
Hoping Drogba is fit to face West Brom, Lampard and 'The Drog' could get me a few points there!
I look far too much into it dont I?! :D

I'm the same :D I've left Reina out for the first game as I can't see Arsenal not scoring.
You have to change things around every week with this or you'll soon fall behind as I found out last year.

Morty
Glitterati

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Week and a half until the season starts - Think I'll leave it until the last minute to enter as normally I pick a team and they all get injured before the season starts!! :oops:

Oh, and as already mentioned keep on top of your team, constantly make changes and generally cross your fingers and hope!! :D

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:46 pm

I'd leave Given out but my number 2 goalkeeper is Zuberbuhler as he was cheap, dont expect him to play but it gave me extra money for outfield players.
Any idea when we can view other peoples teams by the way? I fancy being nosey :D
It'll probably be next Saturday morning or something.

admin
Site Admin

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Admin is in

Goose277
Glitterati

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:39 am

admin wrote:Admin is in

Welcome aboard Admin. Prepare for a spanking at the hands of Goose's Gonads :D

Michal
UTS Regular

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Goose277 wrote:Having started off strong before eventually fading away I thought i'd give the premier league fantasy football another go. I've created a league called Up The Saddlers and the code is 697865 - 161711 if you want to join.

I joined. Thanks for the code :)

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:56 am

Balti Pie Athletico is in

King Monkey
UTS Veteran

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 am

Blazing Saddlers are in :D

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:33 am

Oooooo, so today's the day!
This time tomorrow Gilberts Galacticos will be top of the league! 8)

Goose277
Glitterati

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:04 am

Don't forget any transfers or team changes must be done by 11:30am TODAY. You can make as many transfers as you wish and it won't deduct points but after the cut off you only get 1 a week plus 2 wildcards for the season. Points get deducted for transfers over and above the limit.

I meant to post this yesterday to give people a bit of a heads up :oops:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:02 pm

we are the top of the league say we are top of the league!

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:09 pm

The Drog has well and truly killed off competition from many of you (unless you have him too!)
77 Points in my first day.

StudentSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Goose277 wrote:

Starting Team:
Given
Terry Upson Dawson

don't imagine you scored very highly with him today then, :D

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Just to confirm....
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!
5 points clear. I normally prefer to be playing catch up at first, and storm ahead towards the end 8) But i'll take this. Just to rub it in when I finish 100 points clear.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:27 pm

DanWalsallFC wrote:The Drog has well and truly killed off competition from many of you (unless you have him too!)

Im so glad i only had Carson on the bench :lol:

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:01 am

latviancheese wrote:
DanWalsallFC wrote:The Drog has well and truly killed off competition from many of you (unless you have him too!)

Im so glad i only had Carson on the bench :lol:

:lol: I need a new goalkeeper :( I have Given thinking he'd be Man Citys number one. With Zuburhuler (spelling?) on the bench as hes only 4 mill.. But it looks like neither of them will play! Given is number 2 at City and Zubersogjrkohjirtkjn is number 3 at Fulham!

AlexTheWalsallFan
Glitterati

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:40 am

Im Happy with my 12th and with 5 players still to play i reckon i should improve that pretty soon :mrgreen:

Next
Return to UTS Classics