Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1: Table

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1: Table

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:40 am

Normal service finally resumed. Can you hear the cries of anguish further down the table?

:mrgreen:

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:04 am

swiftyboy wrote:Can I join in now till the end of the season? I'll pretend I'm Southampton and I'm playing catch up!

That's a no then!

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:14 am

swiftyboy wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:Can I join in now till the end of the season? I'll pretend I'm Southampton and I'm playing catch up!

That's a no then!

You can of course join in. Just put some predictions in the next time there's a thread!

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:55 am

HKSaddler wrote:
You can of course join in. Just put some predictions in the next time there's a thread!

Thanks HK. Will I be added to the official table though?

I want to chart my rise from the bottom.......

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:50 pm

swiftyboy wrote:
HKSaddler wrote:

Thanks HK. Will I be added to the official table though?

I want to chart my rise from the bottom.......

you'll be added to the table immediately and even better, only scoring 1 point means away from last place.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:My missed week has cost me :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my missed weeks have cost me. I'm now back above Exile in the true skill measurer-er-er, points per game prediction. :D

Sent from my Nokia E71 using the buttons on the keypad and wireless LAN connection

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:
you'll be added to the table immediately and even better, only scoring 1 point means away from last place.

Excellent

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

All my missed weeks have cost me. I'm now back above Exile in the true skill measurer-er-er, points per game prediction. :D

Sent from my Nokia E71 using the buttons on the keypad and wireless LAN connection

Still carping on about that! :roll: :D If I hadn't missed my week as well I'd probably be top etc etc... :wink:

As for winning the points per game prediction, the current leader of that is actually Tyldesley Saddler with an average of 3 points per prediction week played! Bit of work left to do to win that mantle then!! :wink:

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:00 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Still carping on about that! :roll: :D If I hadn't missed my week as well I'd probably be top etc etc... :wink:

As for winning the points per game prediction, the current leader of that is actually Tyldesley Saddler with an average of 3 points per prediction week played! Bit of work left to do to win that mantle then!! :wink:

And you're level with me with 2.5 ppg.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Yeah, but in my rulebook, or should that be the NMFE rulebook from the original prediction league you have to play a certain percentage of games to qualify. So there. :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Normal service finally resumed. Can you hear the cries of anguish further down the table?

Shame.

Purgerable shame.

Nothing but shame.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm

25 players last weekend and no scoreless predictions so congrats to all of us :wink: highest score: tinned with 4 points!!!!, congrats mate!!! 13 players scored 3 points, won't give all the names but only one as our newcomer swiftyboy is one of them. Jolly is top of hte table again!!!!! But don't forget some players still have some games in their hand. I'll try to make an ***** update this week.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Top ten not good enough, Exile Out, etc. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Stability.

The last surge up the table was generated by a declaration of war against Manchester. Maybe I should try the same thing again. :idea:

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:25 players last weekend and no scoreless predictions so congrats to all of us highest score: tinned with 4 points!!!!, congrats mate!!! 13 players scored 3 points, won't give all the names but only one as our newcomer swiftyboy is one of them. Jolly is top of hte table again!!!!! But don't forget some players still have some games in their hand. I'll try to make an ***** update this week.

Thanks for the mention FS!

Good job I didn't start from day one, else I'd be walking it! He he

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:38 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Stability.

The last surge up the table was generated by a declaration of war against Manchester. Maybe I should try the same thing again. :idea:

I'm surprised with all the hot air from you on this thread that you're not miles ahead of everyone else. Oh - I know why you're struggling; you need a little skill, judgement and talent to assist you on your way up.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:Stability.

I'm surprised with all the hot air from you on this thread that you're not miles ahead of everyone else. Oh - I know why you're struggling; you need a little skill, judgement and talent to assist you on your way up.

I'm poised within striking distance, hence your obvious panic. This terror has generated outrageous and obcene attacks from a range of predictors, all of whom just spur me on to even greater levels of success.

Thankfully, I am able to levitate above the grubby mud-slinging and maintain a level of dignity that all others regard enviously.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:36 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:I am able to levitate above the grubby mud-slinging

Because you slung all your mud in the climate change thread, no doubt. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:I am able to levitate above the grubby mud-slinging

Because you slung all your mud in the climate change thread, no doubt. :D

That wasn't mud, it was glacial till.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm glad you feel optimistic as you slide down the table. I'm glad your pathetic failure to maintain your lucky start has somehow given you ill-deserved confidence. I'm delighted that you can find confidence somehow despite your wretched predictions.

It just makes me proud that useless underdogs still have something to hope for.

I urge you to continue with your worthless predictions as it offers hope to those crawling in the cesspits of despair that one of their own can rise, albeit for a short while, and see my splendour high above shining like a beacon for all to aspire to.

I am a benevolent predictor and while I know that your efforts are beyond abysmal I will continue to encourage you to escape the primeval swamp of ineptitude.

Think of me as your icon.

I'm here to help.

:D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:I'm glad you feel optimistic as you slide down the table. I'm glad your pathetic failure to maintain your lucky start has somehow given you ill-deserved confidence. I'm delighted that you can find confidence somehow despite your wretched predictions.

It just makes me proud that useless underdogs still have something to hope for.

I urge you to continue with your worthless predictions as it offers hope to those crawling in the cesspits of despair that one of their own can rise, albeit for a short while, and see my splendour high above shining like a beacon for all to aspire to.

I am a benevolent predictor and while I know that your efforts are beyond abysmal I will continue to encourage you to escape the primeval swamp of ineptitude.

Think of me as your icon.

I'm here to help.

:D

Your prediction success is worthy of comment, if not a criminal investigation.

I recall once last season that you predicted a 3-0 victory, and duly got 2 points! I'm no mathematician, but the odds against that must be several 100 billion to 1.

I have therefore concluded that you are league with, or have sold your worthless soul in a Faustian pact to, the evil forces at work in the universe.

Enjoy your mediocre success while you may! The endless agonies of eternity await the lost and the damned.

PS - my recent improvement in form was largely due to erm.... allying myself with your predictions, and altering one slightly. I was hoping to maintain the strategy until the later part of the season, where my innate superiority would take over. It was working until the wheels came off that particular bandwagon. :(

Another act of selfishness on your part. :x :P

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:25 players last weekend and no scoreless predictions so congrats to all of us :wink: highest score: tinned with 4 points!!!!, congrats mate!!! 13 players scored 3 points, won't give all the names but only one as our newcomer swiftyboy is one of them. Jolly is top of hte table again!!!!! But don't forget some players still have some games in their hand. I'll try to make an ***** update this week.

First time I've been able to log on since Saturday and a pleasant surprise awaited me!! Knew I'd got a few points but didn't realise it would put me top again!

Ahhhh!

8) :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Flemish Saddler wrote:25 players last weekend and no scoreless predictions so congrats to all of us :wink: highest score: tinned with 4 points!!!!, congrats mate!!! 13 players scored 3 points, won't give all the names but only one as our newcomer swiftyboy is one of them. Jolly is top of hte table again!!!!! But don't forget some players still have some games in their hand. I'll try to make an ***** update this week.

First time I've been able to log on since Saturday and a pleasant surprise awaited me!! Knew I'd got a few points but didn't realise it would put me top again!

Ahhhh!

Pompous arrogance.

I hope your bowels loosen tonight and you fill the bed with nightsoil you revolting prediction peasant.

:wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:03 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:First time I've been able to log on since Saturday and a pleasant surprise awaited me!! Knew I'd got a few points but didn't realise it would put me top again!

Ahhhh!

Pompous arrogance.

I hope your bowels loosen tonight and you fill the bed with nightsoil you revolting prediction peasant.

:wink:

Have you been spying on me at night again Saigon?!! :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:37 am

Fear not Saigon, my swamp dwelling friend; trust in your icon. The fiend that is currently at the top through (and let's be fair to him) pure luck rather than judgement, will soon slide back down the table, screaming like a banshee as I watch him from above. I shall ascend to my rightful place at the zenith of the prediction league and watch over the rest of you with wise eyes until next season.

JJ is merely an abberation that has somehow managed to climb for a brief period above his station.

Normal service will be resumed. The balance of the universe must be maintained, even though it appears to be slightly chaotic at the moment.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Fear not Saigon, my swamp dwelling friend; trust in your icon. The fiend that is currently at the top through (and let's be fair to him) pure luck rather than judgement, will soon slide back down the table, screaming like a banshee as I watch him from above. I shall ascend to my rightful place at the zenith of the prediction league and watch over the rest of you with wise eyes until next season.

JJ is merely an abberation that has somehow managed to climb for a brief period above his station.

Normal service will be resumed. The balance of the universe must be maintained, even though it appears to be slightly chaotic at the moment.

seems like marihuana is for free in england nowadays :shock: :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Fear not Saigon, my swamp dwelling friend; trust in your icon. The fiend that is currently at the top through (and let's be fair to him) pure luck rather than judgement, will soon slide back down the table, screaming like a banshee as I watch him from above. I shall ascend to my rightful place at the zenith of the prediction league and watch over the rest of you with wise eyes until next season.

:x :wink:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:20 am

24 players, highest score with 4 points: Duke and Ned_Kelly!!!!!, congrats lads!!!! It's already a few weeks ago that i could announce some big O's so lets' name them all this time: whitti, Four Oaks, Atomic, Jockey, jeffsmate and Exile!! New week is open so try to forget it right know :wink: Jolly is still top of the table but only 1 point clear to stig and 2 points to our new number 3: Manchester!! Also swiftyboy is climbing up the table but still a long way to climb though :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 am

pants. I hate this league. :(

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Exile wrote:pants. I hate this league. :(

I find myself poised again.

Coiled like a deadly spring and poised to strike lethally, like an angry spitting cobra on steroids and crystal meth.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics