Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Charity game vs Walsall Old Boys

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Charity game vs Walsall Old Boys

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:01 pm

andy22 wrote:Any idea how much was raised for the hospice?

Of course, if you were a site funder with access to the Friends Of UTS forum.... :twisted:

tinned
Site Addict

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:51 am

Exile wrote:
andy22 wrote:Any idea how much was raised for the hospice?

Of course, if you were a site funder with access to the Friends Of UTS forum.... :twisted:

I fell for that :o :oops:

Casual D
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:45 pm

I've finally got around to posting some of my pics and vids from the game on the Charity match photos thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32411&start=30

Videos include the opening goal and a legendary Marshy stepover! 8)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 pm

The word 'enjoyable' has been used too often for my liking. Maybe I'm just a winner at heart, but I don't find being given the run-around by old men* to be enjoyable.

The donation to charity is great, but that's only a part of the event as a whole.

Personally, I'm disappointed that we didn't give an actual account of our abilities - I know what most of the players can do, and for whatever reason these abilities weren't given a chance to show.

*Sorry lads. You've bought it on yourselves being called 'old boys'. :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:05 pm

4143 wrote:Personally, I'm disappointed that we didn't give an actual account of our abilities - I know what most of the players can do, and for whatever reason these abilities weren't given a chance to show.

Asps Out! :mrgreen:

andy22
UTS Veteran

Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:58 am

It's been nearly 2 weeks since the game now is there any idea how much was raised?

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:57 pm

We're working on an official presentation of a wobbly cheque to the hospice on the pitch at a home game, if possible, so there will be an announcement when we know. The Hospice, of course, want the maximum publicity from it However, it was a very worthwhile sum!

andy22
UTS Veteran

Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:We're working on an official presentation of a wobbly cheque to the hospice on the pitch at a home game, if possible, so there will be an announcement when we know. The Hospice, of course, want the maximum publicity from it However, it was a very worthwhile sum!

Thanks for that Neil and i look forward to the presentation, glad to hear it's a "worthwhile sum". The more money for a worthy cause the better :D :D :D

crazyevo

Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Are we gonna get the teams on the pitch together to present the cheque?
The Old Boys and Supporters I mean? I just think it would be a good ending to a great day.

andy22
UTS Veteran

Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:31 pm

crazyevo wrote:Are we gonna get the teams on the pitch together to present the cheque?
The Old Boys and Supporters I mean? I just think it would be a good ending to a great day.

Thats certainly a good idea and would be a good "photo op" for all concerned. Wether it's feasable for the "old boys" to be avalable is another matter.

crazyevo

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Even if its just the supporters team, It would be great to have someone there to represent the effort that has been put in.

deanonev69
Glitterati

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:00 am

crazyevo wrote:Even if its just the supporters team, It would be great to have someone there to represent the effort that has been put in.

Don't worry-got all your contact details so will let you know when it is. Also speaking to some of the old boys and a rematch looks a definite

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:05 am

deanonev69 wrote:
crazyevo wrote:Even if its just the supporters team, It would be great to have someone there to represent the effort that has been put in.

Don't worry-got all your contact details so will let you know when it is. Also speaking to some of the old boys and a rematch looks a definite

Will I be allowed on the pitch ? :lol:

I look forward to a rematch. I have a new tactic - target their legs! :D

Previous
Return to UTS Classics