Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 2008/2009 season

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1: Table

Mon May 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:Thats how I worked it out too. Glad to be equal top on points if that is the case. Not sure how the "count back" works, but hey - happy to be up there. Nice to meet you today Jolly (and Casual D).

Nice to meet you too Steve and say hello! Hope you aren't left in suspense too long by Bart!! :)

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Mon May 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Here it is The (almost) final table 2008-2009. Top 3 is for sure but have to check later on this week if other players have still games in hand of last tuesday but my other pc is stil ........ it ended as it was all season, very exciting and 2 players with 95 points: stig 231 and Whitti steve, only 1 point away: jolly Johnny. I could try to look to the highest scores of all seaosn to see who's the only winner but with all the OFF and PP-games I already start to sweat by thinking about it. If our 2 champions really wanna take the risk to end up as number 2 we can play play-off predictions between the 2 of them of course, so dear winners let me know if you feel fine to share the title or not!!!!
last week winners are OldPenkSaddler and Ned_Kelly with 5 points, congrats lads!!!!. Last "lucky" ones of the season: Atomic roosterand RED5, better luck next season!!!!

Canuck
UTS Regular

Tue May 05, 2009 4:01 am

Stig & Whitti - Congratulations! (assuming Bart's initial calculations are correct, and notwithstanding a probable appeal and recount)

A shame you'll have to split an already modest prize, but it's monetary so I suppose anything is better than nothing. The prize is $100 Canadian, which, if my math is correct, is $50 apiece. When converted to pounds you could nearly buy a pint with it.

If you could please PM me we will find a way to arrange for the transfer of funds. Not sure anyone will read this so I'll also make a note to PM each of you separately. But with my handwriting being so bad I can't be counted upon to follow through with that.

Anyways, well done!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Tue May 05, 2009 6:20 am

I am happy in the knowledge that I am "joint" top so you don't have to do any more hard work from my point of view Bart. Thanks again for all your hard work over the season. I would also like to thank my manager, my lovely wife and kids and all those who have been there for me during the season {holds back tears}. It's been a long hard season and I would like to offer my congratulations to Stig too, and of course Jolly Johnny and all the other competitors {starting to blub now}.

Ithankyou.

Maverick
UTS Veteran

Tue May 05, 2009 8:14 am

Whitti Steve wrote:I am happy in the knowledge that I am "joint" top so you don't have to do any more hard work from my point of view Bart. Thanks again for all your hard work over the season. I would also like to thank my manager, my lovely wife and kids and all those who have been there for me during the season {holds back tears}. It's been a long hard season and I would like to offer my congratulations to Stig too, and of course Jolly Johnny and all the other competitors {starting to blub now}.

Ithankyou.

A hearty 'Well Done' to you and Stig.

Duke
Site Addict

Tue May 05, 2009 8:23 am

Note to Duke must do better :(

Well done Stig and Steve :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue May 05, 2009 9:24 am

Whitti Steve wrote:I am happy in the knowledge that I am "joint" top so you don't have to do any more hard work from my point of view Bart.

Might almost read:
Whitti Steve wrote:I've checked and know damn well that I'm second placed to that odious individual Stig, who definitely beat me, but please don't delve any deeper into my failure to succeed, Bart.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Tue May 05, 2009 9:44 am

Exile wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:I am happy in the knowledge that I am "joint" top so you don't have to do any more hard work from my point of view Bart.

Might almost read:
Whitti Steve wrote:I've checked and know damn well that I'm second placed to that odious individual Stig, who definitely beat me, but please don't delve any deeper into my failure to succeed, Bart.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I haven't checked... I dont even know what the ruling is. Obviously I think I should be shown as top as alphabetical is soooo discriminatory.

sj
Site Addict

Thu May 07, 2009 3:19 pm

Well done boys and thanks Bart for the seasons effort-- I was out the country so missed my last pick. Organisation never been my strongest point. :?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu May 07, 2009 4:12 pm

Bit harsh on Manchester, who finished last season on equal points but got no recognition or acclaim, just weeks of me taking the piddle.

I thought the winners were seperated by who got the most number of highest scores over the season. Not saying this is wrong but harsh on the original prediction league cheat, that's all.

stig231
UTS Veteran

Thu May 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:I am happy in the knowledge that I am "joint" top so you don't have to do any more hard work from my point of view Bart. Thanks again for all your hard work over the season.

I agree.. ** shaking hands in gentlemanly manner**

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri May 08, 2009 7:25 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:Bit harsh on Manchester, who finished last season on equal points but got no recognition or acclaim, just weeks of me taking the piddle.

I thought the winners were seperated by who got the most number of highest scores over the season. Not saying this is wrong but harsh on the original prediction league cheat, that's all.

I know but it's due to my pc-crash and all the weeks with the OFF-games, i could check each table seperately to see the personal scores again of Steve and stig but that wouldn't be correct as i had to add points later on by the off and pp games. Tried to find it out (really spend more than an hour on it but my missus asked me to stop as i was swearing in that hour even more than a devil in one year). Sorry if i dissapoint one of the two (or manchester) but it didn't work out.
I have an idea of who would be the winner by highest scores but not 100% sure so that would be totally wrong of course.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri May 08, 2009 10:05 am

Flemish Saddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:Bit harsh on Manchester, who finished last season on equal points but got no recognition or acclaim, just weeks of me taking the piddle.

I know but it's due to my pc-crash and all the weeks with the OFF-games, i could check each table seperately to see the personal scores again of Steve and stig but that wouldn't be correct as i had to add points later on by the off and pp games. Tried to find it out (really spend more than an hour on it but my missus asked me to stop as i was swearing in that hour even more than a devil in one year). Sorry if i dissapoint one of the two (or manchester) but it didn't work out.
I have an idea of who would be the winner by highest scores but not 100% sure so that would be totally wrong of course.

Sounds like the best option in that case - I didn't realise. Looks like I'll continue having to take the piddle out of Manchester for finishing 2nd then. :lol:

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Sat May 09, 2009 10:17 am

sj wrote:Well done boys and thanks Bart for the seasons effort-- I was out the country so missed my last pick. Organisation never been my strongest point. :?

I agree :D

Well done Stig and Steve, and thanks for all the work you put into it Bart. A top 5 finish in my 1st season is superb, and i just nipped in front of the scouser at the last min, even better :lol: :lol:

Canuck
UTS Regular

Thu May 14, 2009 1:04 am

I think it's only fair that I give warning now: I know nothing of footie, am 5 time zones behind, missed 5 weeks in my first season ever, and still finished 8th (tied with Manchester, who needed 4 extra weeks to achieve that total). The warning is that I'll be back next year.

I suspect that this message will cause about half the entrants to not bother participating next year, and I can't say that I blame them. It could be humbling, but hopefully not humiliating. :P

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Thu May 14, 2009 5:39 am

I don't think I have said publicly to you Canuck. Thanks for providing the prize this season.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Thu May 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Cheers for all your hard work this season Bart.

I hope to do a bit better next season ............ I blame Ken Wheldon for my shocking finish

Wheldon Out

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Thu May 14, 2009 5:40 pm

I think I did quite well :D

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Thu May 14, 2009 6:14 pm

In Whitti's case, I suspect a " cash for honours " scam.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Thu May 14, 2009 7:04 pm

gerryhatrick wrote:In Whitti's case, I suspect a " cash for honours " scam.

Nah - Whitti went for the Charidy plaudits on this occassion.

Canuck
UTS Regular

Thu May 14, 2009 7:18 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:
gerryhatrick wrote:In Whitti's case, I suspect a " cash for honours " scam.

Nah - Whitti went for the Charidy plaudits on this occassion.

Whitti was actually kind and generous enough to donate his share of the winnings directly towards the maintenance and upkeep of UTS. What a guy.

For those who are equally gallant (which is all of you) the link to donate can be found by clicking the "Make a Donation" button from this page:
http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/

Or save yourself the additional click and go directly here:
https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=sfIoBM6A7OYzTdyAhDl4tIMTRDw26rNbFo3baF-543RkF_mK81SzSHVsBh0&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f998ca054efbdf2c29878a435fe324eec0031f109add79ef7

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri May 15, 2009 3:17 pm

For those who are equally gallant (which is all of you).......

I'm not.

I would have spent the money on some hooker in the far east and thought of some popular UTS members while she 'dealt' with me.

sj
Site Addict

Sun May 17, 2009 8:17 am

I donated not so long ago so I'm not doing this time. However, I would donate more and on a regular basis if the Mods could organise it and I think many other would do. So formalise it and ask.

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Tue May 19, 2009 3:06 pm

So, do I win some sort of prize ?

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Thu May 21, 2009 8:03 pm

so how do you play ? i want a go :)

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat May 23, 2009 2:14 am

Be warned, i intend to play again next year, after taking a hiatus :lol:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat May 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Prizes from me for the top six again.
As of last year, they will be of poor quality and will take literally months to come through. I think some people got theirs in February/March when the season actually ended in May 2008, following a host of paltry excuses and tales of woe (none of them really true).

I'll try something different this year, but don't expect them soon and even then you will probably be inclined in bin it.

Anyway, congratulations to the top 6 (roughly equates to a promotion position). I've enjoyed 2 and the only person to match that is Jeffsmate. We are consolidating in mid-table this year where we always intended. I didn't really try this year anyway and I just did it to pass the time. I may try next year or I may not - depending upon whether I think it is a worthy amusement or not and how many people CHEAT their way to success.

Finally, BIG THANKS to Bart for going through the hassle of doing it. A prize to him as well!

Duke
Site Addict

Sun May 24, 2009 10:04 am

Pedro wrote:Cheers for all your hard work this season Bart.

I hope to do a bit better next season ............ I blame Ken Wheldon for my shocking finish

Wheldon Out

:mrgreen:

Previous
Return to UTS Classics