Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 2008/2009 season

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Re: Prediction League 1: Table

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:
Flemish Saddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:Seems I've been missed off the new table again - there is a conspiracy going on here!!!
I scored 3 points after Fri / Sat so should be on 83 points. I've PM-ed you about it Bart! :wink:

Can't tell a lot about the conspiracy of course :wink: but it has been a long and difficult season and i'll be happy to post the final table but indeed you have to add 3 points at Jolly's score so that means he's back in business again for the title. Points will be added on mondays' table.
Sorry again Jolly!!!!!!!!

Can you go back through the whole season and check mine please :wink:

I did and seems i added your points of week 6 two times. Btw you scored 5 points that week. :lol: :wink:

:mrgreen:

I hope you are joking

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:01 am

I'm up to 14th!

:D

This is excellent.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:42 am

Here we are with the table of week 41 (Jolly points' included this time :oops: ). "Very" predictable week if you look at the points, highest score: Canuck with 5 points Congrats!!!! And even 5 players with 4 points (top 2 included). Is there a final gap between top 2 and the rest???? It's still exciting though.
The lucky ones who're mentioned but not because of having the highest score :wink: are Duke and tinned.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:00 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:I'm up to 14th!

:D

This is excellent.

:lol: :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 am

going straight to the finish now, a bad week can mean you're out for the title (for some of us of course), a good week could be very important to keep in touch with top 2. For those (myself included) who are already out of the title race since week 4 :roll: :wink: it could be fine to end up in left column or above saigon or manchester or ...........

Anyone who finishes above me will be cursed by gypsies, for the obvious reason that they will have cheated their way to great success.

RED 5
UTS Veteran

Location: CHEADLE HULME,CHEADLE ROYAL OR CHEADLE TOWN OR CHEADLE WITH A C

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 am

I forgot to do yesterdays! :oops:

It says i have missed two though?

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:47 am

After a pretty good weekend (3 points) I had a bum Monday, thanks to Hereford's 94th minute goal and Leicester's late goal which cost me 2 points. :?

Still hoping those three re-arranged games will come good for me!! :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:33 pm

The late burst for the title starts. :D

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:41 pm

At last, here's the table of week 42, computer crashed and had to enter it all again, should have my pc back this week so can updated scores with pp-games who're played last weeks. It's getting exciting with only 2 (even 1 atm) games in hand. highest score was 3 points scored by whitti, Ned_Kelly, redsaddler, Pedagogue,mikey and ... Flemish Saddler :wink: . Btw, Whitti on top again together with stig 231!!!! Big O's for tinned and ...... Saigon.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:43 pm

and already the table of week 43, forgot to change the name on top of the table but it indeed is the updated table. Forgot my comments but here it is now. Highest score with 4 points from Magic Man Fan, Atomic Rooster and gerryhatrick, congrats lads!!! Maybe the final big O of the season "scored" by tinned. Still 2 leaders at the moment, who can manage the stress???

Last edited by Flemish Saddler on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:12 pm

NNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

:!:
:|
fugnbefugoingougbugnugheo;urg

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:36 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:and already the table of week 43, forgot to change the name on top of the table but it indeed is the updated table.

Cheers Bart, looks like it's going down to the wire! I'm just hoping my two re-arranged games on Tuesday night give me some points to put me right in the mix!! :wink: :D

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:16 pm

Well at least I am not last (if you include all the people who have played every game, and I am still above Tinned :D :D :D )

stig231
UTS Veteran

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Cheers Bart, looks like it's going down to the wire! I'm just hoping my two re-arranged games on Tuesday night give me some points to put me right in the mix!! :wink: :D

....and my two re-arranged games :wink: :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 pm

stig231 wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:

You have no asterisks so no re-arranged games I'm afraid, nice try!! :wink: :lol:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:11 pm

stig231 wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:

Didn't realise anyone else had re-arranged games near the top of the table! :shock: I was the only one with asterisks! Oh well, maybe longer odds on me for the title then!! :?

EDIT: 3 points from the two games tonight is not a bad return! Puts me on 92 points with the leaders - bring on the weekend!! :D

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri May 01, 2009 8:05 pm

New top 3 or Top 1 or leaders, don't know how to say it but Jolly scored 3 points last tuesday so that means we have 3 leaders!!!!!!! :shock:

Stig 231, whitti and Jolly all have 92 points!!!!!!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri May 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:New top 3 or Top 1 or leaders, don't know how to say it but Jolly scored 3 points last tuesday so that means we have 3 leaders!!!!!!! :shock:

Pure sex.

What a brilliant finish!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Fri May 01, 2009 9:28 pm

I will be glued to my sister-in-laws radio tomorrow. May the best man win - good luck guys.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri May 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Final table won't appear on saturday as i am not at home, i'll do my best to post it on sunday but i'm sure you all know at that time who won it!!!!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat May 02, 2009 7:34 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Flemish Saddler wrote:New top 3 or Top 1 or leaders, don't know how to say it but Jolly scored 3 points last tuesday so that means we have 3 leaders!!!!!!! :shock:

Pure sex.

What a brilliant finish!

:shock:

I know you could say that this is 3 way action, but let me guarantee you it is not THAT sort of 3 way action!!! :wink:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Sat May 02, 2009 3:29 pm

as my laptop is still in the shop for recovery I couldn't check all ***-games so seems i had forgotten stig231 to add his 2 points, that means he's lonely on the top

so before todays' games:

1. stig231 94 points
2. whitti and jolly 92 points

i'll add the final table only the moment i'm sure of the standing.

Steve, your games were all played weren't they (it's only tuesday i have my other pc back so that's long to wait isn't it!!!)

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat May 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:before todays' games:

1. stig231 94 points

If that is the case then it's a count back between Stig and Steve, as I think Steve got 3 points today, myself 2 and Stig 1, leaving Steve and Stig on 95 and myself on 94. :(

Oh well, so close but not quite enough in the end - that missed week has cost me! :wink:
It's been a great battle, well done to whoever comes out on top!! :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat May 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Flemish Saddler wrote:before todays' games:

1. stig231 94 points

If that is the case then it's a count back between Stig and Steve, as I think Steve got 3 points today, myself 2 and Stig 1, leaving Steve and Stig on 95 and myself on 94. :(

Oh well, so close but not quite enough in the end - that missed week has cost me! :wink:
It's been a great battle, well done to whoever comes out on top!! :D

I know how you feel JJ :(

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sat May 02, 2009 11:25 pm

Thats how I worked it out too. Glad to be equal top on points if that is the case. Not sure how the "count back" works, but hey - happy to be up there. Nice to meet you today Jolly (and Casual D).

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun May 03, 2009 1:59 am

Exile wrote:I'll aim to predict for more rounds this season....

Having aimed low, I'm happy. :mrgreen:

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Sun May 03, 2009 7:49 am

1st season for me and a pretty good 1 it turned out to be. I think i've just beat KC to the 5th spot. Seems our predictions are following our other teams ! Get back behind me :mrgreen:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun May 03, 2009 9:28 am

Exile wrote:
Exile wrote:I'll aim to predict for more rounds this season....

Having aimed low, I'm happy. :mrgreen:

And you criticise Bonser for doing just that... :roll:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 03, 2009 10:20 am

This season was a temporary abhoration from my usual excellent showing. It's strange being out of the top 4 (where I usually am) and other less worthy (and lucky) predictors have managed to somehow wrestle their way to the top in a most undignified manner. I'm just glad that I'm mature enough (unlike some other predictors) not to be bothered in the slightest by this dreadful and hopeless season (I think we all agree that it's a complete farce).

Rather than wish all those that somehow fluked their way above me 'congratulations', I would say: grow up! There is more to predicting than winning and it is in the manner of which we take part that we should be judged.

No-one likes a CHEAT. And cheating has been going on with disappointing regularity. I have no proof yet, but it's obvious.

Last year it was only Manchester. But now loads of people are bloody cheating b'stards.

I hate you all.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sun May 03, 2009 12:50 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:This season was a temporary abhoration from my usual excellent showing. It's strange being out of the top 4 (where I usually am) and other less worthy (and lucky) predictors have managed to somehow wrestle their way to the top in a most undignified manner. I'm just glad that I'm mature enough (unlike some other predictors) not to be bothered in the slightest by this dreadful and hopeless season (I think we all agree that it's a complete farce).

Rather than wish all those that somehow fluked their way above me 'congratulations', I would say: grow up! There is more to predicting than winning and it is in the manner of which we take part that we should be judged.

No-one likes a CHEAT. And cheating has been going on with disappointing regularity. I have no proof yet, but it's obvious.

Last year it was only Manchester. But now loads of people are bloody cheating b'stards.

I hate you all.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics