Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Members Cars

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
dornansog
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:11 pm

Well yes if you put it like that. I'd rather they had to work (and walk ) for their enjoyment though instead of driving 800 metres.Mind you ,the kettle will just have boiled by the time they get back i suppose .

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:39 pm

They don't need to go back to the station to get a cuppa. They have all they need in the back of their canteen riot vans.

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:14 pm

Im going to stop whinging about the police now cus I'm starting to sound like a Brizzie fan.
Mind you i could go on all the other rival sites and tell them my problems.

concretehippo

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:22 pm

8)

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:37 pm

Though this was a thread about real cars?

:D :D :D :D :D

concretehippo

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:54 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:Though this was a thread about real cars?

:D :D :D :D :D

sorry, i'll put my matchbox one away then. :P

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:40 pm

Our kid,

Who are those people sitting behind your car and why is the Honey Monster with them on the left?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:14 pm

I know what im about to say is going to make some of you jealous but i can't really help that as im generally a better man, period.

I drive at present only 2 cars beleive it or not and the one of them is cack. Anyone wanna make me an offer on my Aston Martin v12 Vanquish 2003. Not keen on it personally although im sure some of you lot would be according to the current hairdryers you ae driving.

Fear not though i have recently purchased a Rolls Royce Phantom 2004. Paid cack loads of cash for that one, but my word is it worth it. It has cocktail cabinets bigger than most of the houses you lot live in i bet.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:18 pm

You forgot to sign off coxanddrummie

Wouldn't want the Vanquish. Only a DB9 or the new Bentley for me.

In fact I'm visiting the Bentley factory tomorrow for business purposes. Already been once and its pretty impressive.

Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:20 pm

That post was from coxanddrummie by the way alias Son Of God.

concretehippo

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:35 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:Our kid,

Who are those people sitting behind your car and why is the Honey Monster with them on the left?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the midlandsmarts massive, the honey monster is there because snap, crackle and pop were already booked.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:36 am

Where's the Bentley, Coxie?

car snob

cox SRi

Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:00 am

Ah, yes the RR Phantom. Says a lot about the owner, that car, principally that he is desperate to impress, has no taste or discernible style, is swayed by notions of a better past and, by the by, has an exceedingly small penis.

Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:36 pm

Traded the Bentley in Neil. Had it for a few years, you could tell by the stains on the back seat. My mechanic gimp said id fraped the engine too which is astounding considering you pay large sums of cash for perfection.

This Rolls i have is something else though. The comfort is second to none, refinements are great. It's a hard job trying to stay awake while driving. I have my surround sound to help me out at the moment though. My current listening includes a fantastic soul artist called Lewis Taylor and a majestic Scottish group called The Blue Nile.

coxanddrummie(loves his music - can sing too)

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:58 pm

The Bentley factory was fantastic and Quentin Wilson was even walking around with some hosts.

Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:43 pm

Puegeot 307 Estate.Seats 5 adults and 2 children only bought this because of the grand kids. :!:

Welsh_Saddler

Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:57 am

I have (at last) got rid of my London Black Cab - six years old and nearly half a million miles... I now have a new taxi, but one of those van-like creations; it's a Fiat Scudo Combinato, and my eyes have been opened to some of the obvious advances in technology of the past six years, i.e. its engine is 2.0 against the previous cab's 2.5, but it's got loads more poke and greater top speed. It purrs, as against sounding like a Chieftain Tank. It carries one more passenger (7 against 6), and it cost £8,600 LESS than the London Cab did 6 years ago!!!!!

I don't pretend to be able to work that lot out, but the lower repayments are very welcome !!

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:17 am

This is one of those Peugeot 806 / Citroen Synergie look-alikes isn't it Welsh ? I've had a good look around them at a client's place in Coventry where they service and supply taxis. These new things are MUCH cheaper to buy/lease, but are far more modern-looking and technologically up-to date.

Can't see much of a future for the old style black cab to be honest, unless these new things show signs of unreliability.

Welsh_Saddler

Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:08 pm

Correct in your analysis Geoff - yes, it's the product of a tie-up between Peugeot and Fiat (I think) - but the funny thing is that it normally retails at around £23,000.... mine, however, was shipped to Ireland (Republic of), to a dealer in Cork, and then imported to the UK, and the showroom price was £17,995 !!!

Your comments about the prognosis for "London" cabs are well understood, but the problem is that the Public Carriage Office, which controls the taxis in London itself (far and away the biggest UK market) prides itself in sticking to the original Hackney Carriage regulations, which stipulate the all-important facility of a 24ft. turning circle..... and only the London cabs can come anywhere near that - it's a bit like turning the steering wheel of a dodgem car hard over, in that you seem to turn sideways; it was originally required for taxis that picked up at (I think) the Ritz in Piccadilly, where the driveway was in the shape of a horseshoe, with a very tight turn at the apex..... horses and carriages could do it, no problem, so therefore mechanised taxis had to be able to show they could do it too. Also, London cabs had to be a certain height at the passenger door entrance, so that a gentleman could enter and exit without having to remove his top hat. These rules have been closely observed by the London Public Carriage Office ever since motorised taxis were introduced, and they aren't going to change their attitude !!

Sorry to waffle on...............

Mr D Doffer

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:42 pm

:o offer here,

RED CORSA

NICKNAME - GEORGINA

PLATE J9 DOF

:cry: A SAD DOFFER INDEED

PerStener
UTS Veteran

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Here's my Audi....

cal's a saddler
UTS Regular

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:04 am

There's nothing wrong with having a corsa Doffer!!! I love mine to bits and mine's called Bertha :D

Previous
Return to UTS Classics