Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

BUCKLEY is the NEW MANAGER !!!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
booster cogburn
UTS Veteran

Re: BUCKLEY is the NEW MANAGER !!!!

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:51 am

Hold the front page!!!

It's all a load of guano about Bucko anyway apparently. Well done Doffer! :roll:

http://www.upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29371

Edit: now o/s now as well: http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/News/0,,10428~1526153,00.html
Last edited by booster cogburn on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:08 am

Doffer wrote::D Offer here,

WELL,

We were 1st with the Sacking of Schofield, now we have the new managers name !!

HE HAS BEEN AT THE CLUB ALL DAY TODAY !!! - MR ALAN BUCKLEY.

Comments please !!

:D Offer

Wrong.

FACT. :mrgreen:

Cueball
UTS Regular

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:13 am

The most spectacular wind-up in UTS history or Dribbly in disguise? :roll:

OmmerEmCradley
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:12 am

It just sums up UTS at the moment sadly.

Nearly a couple of hundred posts based on nothing but a pipe dream in someones tiny mind. Even though it was like reading a fairy story to my 4 year old niece we had enough people posting fact after fact and blaming this and that for the state of the club.

All i can say to all of you who post negativity and diatribe based on a fact from a reliable source. DONT

Leave the site to those of us who want to read and write about walsall football club, based on what has and what will (according to the OS) happen

I did have a laugh at you all though

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:19 am

Cueball wrote:The most spectacular wind-up in UTS history or Dribbly in disguise? :roll:

I bet Miah's turning in his grave, what's that? Miah's not dead? Whats he doing in that grave then? Oh silly Miah :oops: :oops:

bangsection
Site Addict

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:44 am

OmmerEmCradley wrote:It just sums up UTS at the moment sadly.

Nearly a couple of hundred posts based on nothing but a pipe dream in someones tiny mind. Even though it was like reading a fairy story to my 4 year old niece we had enough people posting fact after fact and blaming this and that for the state of the club.

All i can say to all of you who post negativity and diatribe based on a fact from a reliable source. DONT

Leave the site to those of us who want to read and write about walsall football club, based on what has and what will (according to the OS) happen

UTS is a fan-run website that only exists because of opinion, rumour and tittle tattle. It is also reasonably self-regulating - get a name for yourself as a wind-up merchant and most people will simply ignore you. To criticise people for being wrong about the appointment is essentially to criticise the way UTS works. The past 10 days have been full of twists and turns and, for the most part, it's all been tremendous fun.

Bernie makes a very good point on another thread. If all Doffer's Buckley thread has done is allowed Walsall fans of a certain age to reminisce about The Buck WITHOUT that reputation having to be sullied by him actually taking over at Walsall then, a few bruised egos apart, where's the harm in that?

Onwards and upwards.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:08 pm

bangsection wrote:

UTS is a fan-run website that only exists because of opinion, rumour and tittle tattle. It is also reasonably self-regulating - get a name for yourself as a wind-up merchant and most people will simply ignore you. To criticise people for being wrong about the appointment is essentially to criticise the way UTS works. The past 10 days have been full of twists and turns and, for the most part, it's all been tremendous fun.

Bernie makes a very good point on another thread. If all Doffer's Buckley thread has done is allowed Walsall fans of a certain age to reminisce about The Buck WITHOUT that reputation having to be sullied by him actually taking over at Walsall then, a few bruised egos apart, where's the harm in that?

Onwards and upwards.

Well said bangsection.
If OmmerEmCradley wants a message board like that (yawn yawn), then stick to the OFFICIAL SITE!
I am sure there is a message board section on it as well!
:wink:

Duke
Site Addict

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:19 pm

bangsection wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

top post

Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:25 pm

bangsection wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

I agree Bangsection. On another point, I love how diverse the opinions are on this messageboard, it's what keeps me coming back on my lunchbreak, the board also serves to keep me well informed of rumour and hyperbole from people who've heard information as I work in an area that doesn't keep tabs on Walsall. (Nottingham :evil: :evil: )

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Young_Tong wrote:
bangsection wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

I agree Bangsection. On another point, I love how diverse the opinions are on this messageboard, it's what keeps me coming back on my lunchbreak, the board also serves to keep me well informed of rumour and hyperbole from people who've heard information as I work in an area that doesn't keep tabs on Walsall. (Nottingham :evil: :evil: )

And if you don't like what you are reading, you can stay away, i didn't post on here for a while as the doom and gloom and infighting was getting me down and going to and fro with the same arguments, now we have a fresh start and something new to focus on. Doesn't mean things are fixed or everyone is going to get on, but I'm ready to have my say again.

UTS thrives on rumour and speculation, some happens and some doesnt, but you come on here expecting that

OmmerEmCradley
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Young_Tong wrote:
bangsection wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

I have read post on this site for a good few years before i strated posting on here. There used to be good funny posts on here. But in the last 10 days (as with most of the season) the tone has been doom and gloom. More and more blame put on Bonser. couldnt organise a drink up in a brewery let alone a football club etc.

What i have observed more and more is that the majority "click" usually gang up and attack 1 or 2 posters who posts views different to theirs. It is no different now. The stayaways popped up claimimg they had got rid of JM and thought how great they were. But the underlying thing is the club is in the same situation as yesterday. We are 13th.

The click also jumped on the bandwagon about Mick Halsall leaving despite the FACT he hasnt gone. They blamed JB for the loss of Boertien and Reich when in FACT they havnt gone.

Im all for debate, banter and opinion about my team Walsall. But Im not after bitter back stabbing that has become synonymous with UTS this season. And I class SheffieldSaddler as one of the most vehement in that department.

As for the last 10 days being "tremendous fun", well thats your opinion and i do have respect for it. Now you lot have respect for others whilst we laugh at you and have our 10 days of tremendous fun

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:35 pm

OmmerEmCradley wrote:
Young_Tong wrote:
bangsection wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

I have read post on this site for a good few years before i strated posting on here. There used to be good funny posts on here. But in the last 10 days (as with most of the season) the tone has been doom and gloom. More and more blame put on Bonser. couldnt organise a drink up in a brewery let alone a football club etc.

What i have observed more and more is that the majority "click" usually gang up and attack 1 or 2 posters who posts views different to theirs. It is no different now. The stayaways popped up claimimg they had got rid of JM and thought how great they were. But the underlying thing is the club is in the same situation as yesterday. We are 13th.

The click also jumped on the bandwagon about Mick Halsall leaving despite the FACT he hasnt gone. They blamed JB for the loss of Boertien and Reich when in FACT they havnt gone.

Im all for debate, banter and opinion about my team Walsall. But Im not after bitter back stabbing that has become synonymous with UTS this season. And I class SheffieldSaddler as one of the most vehement in that department.

As for the last 10 days being "tremendous fun", well thats your opinion and i do have respect for it. Now you lot have respect for others whilst we laugh at you and have our 10 days of tremendous fun

The quick and easy answer is, if yow doh like it on here don't come back. Simple really. As far as I'm concerned everybody is welcome on here but if it causes you that much grief, why bother?

If you want OFFICIAL WALSALL FOOTBALL CLUB news so you can read, digest and repeat the OFFICIAL WALSALL FOOTBALL CLUB opinions then I suggest you stick to the OFFICAL WALSALL FOOTBALL CLUB WEBSITE. They love fans that hang on their every word as if it's gospel - it makes their job so much easier.

OmmerEmCradley
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:53 pm

tinned wrote:
OmmerEmCradley wrote:
Young_Tong wrote:
bangsection wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

The quick and easy answer is, if yow doh like it on here don't come back. Simple really. As far as I'm concerned everybody is welcome on here but if it causes you that much grief, why bother?

If you want OFFICIAL WALSALL FOOTBALL CLUB news so you can read, digest and repeat the OFFICIAL WALSALL FOOTBALL CLUB opinions then I suggest you stick to the OFFICAL WALSALL FOOTBALL CLUB WEBSITE. They love fans that hang on their every word as if it's gospel - it makes their job so much easier.

But arent you one of the recent posters who has said that this is your last season of supporting the team, as in your words they are crud and JB squeezes his £349K pension fund out of the lifeblood of the club. You are one of the one s with negaitivity who states it is reality. You are one of the users who accuse everyone else of being a happy clapper.

Im not a happy clapper

Im not a stayaway

Im not a negative poster

Im a 27 yr old who takes it all for what it is. I support and watch Walsall FC as a hobby. I dont go every week due to work but i go when i can. When i cant go i log on here to read (what i hope will be ) posts from other people with the same hobby as mine.

I dont care that JB owns our club and that he owns the freehold on the land, just like i dont care who owns Man Utds freehold, Chelseas freehold, Darlingtons freehold etc. I am mildly interested how Man Utd, Chelsea darlington etc play and what there results were/are.

JB will be around for years to come, just like he has been around for most of my life. i thank him for what he has done for the club. During his time I have been to the Millennium for the play offs, i have watch us beat lots of higher clubs, i have seen great players playing in a Walsall shirt. But i have also seen bad players. That is part and parcel of being a fan of Walsall, a small team living in the shadow of the Hawthorns and Molyneux, I accept Walsall as my team and I thank everyone at the club for making my Saturday afternoons and Tuesday/Wednesday evenings a good one.

I am very very fed up with others posting on here quoting fact which in reality is a lot of garbage. THEN all the other UTS happy clappers who live in a world detached from reality who then spin the lie like a tasmanian devil, to have another go at the club.

I post on here because i support and attend Walsall FC matches. I beleive you still attend but that this is your last season as they are so crud. Well if that is the case then post away until May then you go elsewhere. This is afterall UpTheSaddlers, not F***OffTheSaddlers

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:01 pm

if the only way of being a loyal fan is to swallow every little bit of spin, propoganda and bullshit that the club spout as gospel then I'll have to admit to not being a loyal fan.

It may be hard to accept that the owners real intentions are not necessarily as honourable as you might wish they were but that's the truth and I don't see the point trying to convince myself they're not.

I know the club's reaction to any fans that dare question their decisions (Whalley saying they treat fans like cack "because we can", Bonser flicking th V's at fans in the carpark after an AGM he didn't even have the guts/decency to attend). But oh no, they're only in it to give you a bit of pleasure on a Saturday afternoon. Next time you visit the real world let me know :roll:

OmmerEmCradley
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:12 pm

tinned wrote:if the only way of being a loyal fan is to swallow every little bit of spin, propoganda and rubbish that the club spout as gospel then I'll have to admit to not being a loyal fan.It may be hard to accept that the owners real intentions are not necessarily as honourable as you might wish they were but that's the truth and I don't see the point trying to convince myself they're not.

I know the club's reaction to any fans that dare question their decisions (Whalley saying they treat fans like guano "because we can", Bonser flicking th V's at fans in the carpark after an AGM he didn't even have the guts/decency to attend). But oh no, they're only in it to give you a bit of pleasure on a Saturday afternoon. Next time you visit the real world let me know :roll:

I do believe what the club puts out. Thats why i beleive we now have hutchins and OConnor as the new management team. I also believe that Halsall has tendered his resignation but is still AT the club. I also believe that Boertien and Reich are still AT the club.

What lies have the club put out that i have referred to. I would be very obliged if you could put the hyperlink to where the club have said Ward had turned the job down, or the link where marco and Paul had terminated their contracts and left the club, or even the one where Halsall has LEFT the club. So yes please show me where this spin is

As for Bonser flicking the Vs at fans. Did it actually happen or is it rumour. How many fans did he put his fingers up to, what had they done beforehand. was he prevoked into doing this or is it natural for him to walk around putting his fingers up. Which way round were his fingers/hand pointing. One way is a victory sign, the other is an insult aimed at frenchmen.

You seem really bitter and twisted at the moment. is it because you will shortly have nothing negative to say about the club. If so welcome back to the real world

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:36 pm

OmmerEmCradley wrote:I have read post on this site for a good few years before i strated posting on here. There used to be good funny posts on here. But in the last 10 days (as with most of the season) the tone has been doom and gloom. More and more blame put on Bonser. couldnt organise a drink up in a brewery let alone a football club etc.

What i have observed more and more is that the majority "click" usually gang up and attack 1 or 2 posters who posts views different to theirs. It is no different now.

That'll be majority opinion then? Have you kept records of which posters agreed and formed part of this "click"? If not, suggest you start, and you'll find it's different every time on matters of interest, otherwise you're confusing the ramblings of some demented posters who happen to be on the same train line as meaning they all form part of a clique.

Glad you enjoyed reading the funny stuff. As this is an interactive site, you get out what you put in. Slagging off anyone who doesn't agree with you isn't funny either.

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:46 pm

OmmerEmCradley wrote:
tinned wrote:if the only way of being a loyal fan is to swallow every little bit of spin, propoganda and rubbish that the club spout as gospel then I'll have to admit to not being a loyal fan.It may be hard to accept that the owners real intentions are not necessarily as honourable as you might wish they were but that's the truth and I don't see the point trying to convince myself they're not.

I know the club's reaction to any fans that dare question their decisions (Whalley saying they treat fans like guano "because we can", Bonser flicking th V's at fans in the carpark after an AGM he didn't even have the guts/decency to attend). But oh no, they're only in it to give you a bit of pleasure on a Saturday afternoon. Next time you visit the real world let me know :roll:

I do believe what the club puts out. Thats why i beleive we now have hutchins and OConnor as the new management team. I also believe that Halsall has tendered his resignation but is still AT the club. I also believe that Boertien and Reich are still AT the club.

What lies have the club put out that i have referred to. I would be very obliged if you could put the hyperlink to where the club have said Ward had turned the job down, or the link where marco and Paul had terminated their contracts and left the club, or even the one where Halsall has LEFT the club. So yes please show me where this spin is

As for Bonser flicking the Vs at fans. Did it actually happen or is it rumour. How many fans did he put his fingers up to, what had they done beforehand. was he prevoked into doing this or is it natural for him to walk around putting his fingers up. Which way round were his fingers/hand pointing. One way is a victory sign, the other is an insult aimed at frenchmen.

You seem really bitter and twisted at the moment. is it because you will shortly have nothing negative to say about the club. If so welcome back to the real world

The club haven't mentioned Marco & Paul's departures because their contracts haven't expired yet. We'll see on 1st Feb the truth. I can't remember anyone saying that Halsall WASN'T at the club so that seems a funny bone for you pick. Ward did turn us down. Just because the club didn't announce it doesn't mean it didn't happen. They're hardly going to wash their dirty linen in public are they? You'll just have to trust that I have had it on extremely good authority.

Bonser's sticking his fingers up happened to a friend of mine. He had just attended the club's AGM and had the bare faced nerve to ask the club some searching (but well meaning) questions about the long term stability of the club. Obviously Bonser thought they were getting a bit too close for comfort so thought he'd show his true feelings at his customers.

Cueball
UTS Regular

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:23 pm

OmmerEmCradley wrote:

I'm pretty sure that if Jeff told you the moon was made of cheese, you'd believe him. Scary.

OmmerEmCradley
UTS Veteran

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 pm

tinned wrote:
OmmerEmCradley wrote:

The club haven't mentioned Marco & Paul's departures because their contracts haven't expired yet. We'll see on 1st Feb the truth. I can't remember anyone saying that Halsall WASN'T at the club so that seems a funny bone for you pick. Ward did turn us down. Just because the club didn't announce it doesn't mean it didn't happen. They're hardly going to wash their dirty linen in public are they? You'll just have to trust that I have had it on extremely good authority.

Bonser's sticking his fingers up happened to a friend of mine. He had just attended the club's AGM and had the bare faced nerve to ask the club some searching (but well meaning) questions about the long term stability of the club. Obviously Bonser thought they were getting a bit too close for comfort so thought he'd show his true feelings at his customers.

Ha ha ha, where have i heard "you'll have to trust that i have had it on extremely good authority" before. Even Mr SOTV said MO is a good friend and he said nothing to him, and he actually arrived at the club today, (If you believe the spin and propaganda that the OS and club put out to us happy clappers)

But you said Mr Bonser didnt have the dignity and respect to even attend the AGM. Did this friend of yours not give Mr Bonsers apologies when the meeting started to say he was running the car park for the day!!

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:09 pm

OmmerEmCradley wrote:
tinned wrote:
OmmerEmCradley wrote:

Ha ha ha, where have i heard "you'll have to trust that i have had it on extremely good authority" before. Even Mr SOTV said MO is a good friend and he said nothing to him, and he actually arrived at the club today, (If you believe the spin and propaganda that the OS and club put out to us happy clappers)

But you said Mr Bonser didnt have the dignity and respect to even attend the AGM. Did this friend of yours not give Mr Bonsers apologies when the meeting started to say he was running the car park for the day!!

I've mentioned on here a few times (even before Ward was sacked from Carlisle) that one of my best friends, who also posts on here, has very close links to Ward. If you don't want to believe that then that's your choice but I don't intend to provide documentary proof.

Bonser didn't attend the AGM but was on the premises at the time. Afterwards he left the premises, saw the person and gave his parting farewell.

Previous
Return to UTS Classics