Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Fans Survey - TAKE PART

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Re: Fans Survey - TAKE PART

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Results are available for download: (Thanks for the prompt PJD...)

http://www.mitoches.com/fans-writeup.pdf (Analysis)

http://www.mitoches.com/fans-survey.pdf (all the results and comments)

Hang on, no offence here - but could you take the names off the document on the web please. I was under the impression that personal details were only being collected to let the club know we were real people and not for publication.

Sorry to be such a nuisance... :wink:

I agree.

I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with the way the survey has been responded to and the way in which the data has been presented.
I really, really hope the interactions with the club are productive and lead to some sort of positive action as well as acting as a line in the sand whereby the club take more notice of the fans in future.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Great job Phil, well done.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:29 pm

PJD wrote:Great job Phil, well done.

I agree :D

sj
Site Addict

Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:27 pm

Phil--- well done.

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Well done Phil, thats a great piece of work although a little depressing to read.

I run my own business but If I were a director of WFC I'd be extremely worried by that survey and the clear sense of customer dissatisfaction shown.

Based on that, next seasons' ticket sales will be dire.

If the club don't pay heed to this type of information and try to build bridges with the fans then there won't be a Club in a few years.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:08 pm

OldPenkSaddler wrote:Well done Phil, thats a great piece of work although a little depressing to read.

I run my own business but If I were a director of WFC I'd be extremely worried by that survey and the clear sense of customer dissatisfaction shown.

If the club don't pay heed to this type of information and try to build bridges with the fans then there won't be a Club in a few years.

Economist report I saw recently reckoned that season ticket renewals would be down 10% next season on average, and that NEW sales would be down 25%-30%. Add to that the Walsall factor and we could be halving our season ticket income! :shock:

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:18 pm

OldPenkSaddler wrote:Well done Phil, thats a great piece of work although a little depressing to read.

I think that any normal person that ran a business would be mortified to get that sort of feedback from their customers. But then who said JB was normal?

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:16 am

Well I've spoken to Roy and recommended the first step is a fans focus meeting, I'm awaiting a response.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:08 pm

ShropsSaddler wrote:In Walsall FC speak...it's pleasing and gratifying to note that more than 50% of respondents did NOT express discontent with the ways things were being run :twisted:

:lol: :lol: Excellent Shrops!

Anyway Phil, what a great job you've done here. Being so busy this time of year I had no idea until yesterday that this had gone off to the club, and now I've read up on it I realise what a useful and well constructed report it really is.

Mullen gone - sacked - within a few days of it reaching the club. Does ANYONE actually still doubt the influence of UTS ?

madaway

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Completed mine, best of luck :)

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed May 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Phil...

Have yo uhad any correspondence with Mr Wallet yet ???

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Fri May 22, 2009 10:29 am

No, I doubt they even took note of the results.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sat May 30, 2009 3:46 pm

philthesaddler wrote:No, I doubt they even took note of the results.

When I did the stats back a few months, where I predicted the 20% decrease..I got the cold shoulder and nothing at all back. I reminded mr Wallet of the policy in the customer charter fo egtting back to everyone who emails in. Have I had a response yet ? You guessed it.

Previous
Return to UTS Classics