Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Carlisle United (A) League 1 RESCHEDULED Tuesday 10/2/09 .

Reports and reaction from the 2008-09 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
chestersaddler
Site Addict

Re: Carlisle United (A) League 1 Saturday 3/1/09.

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:56 am

belgiansaddler wrote:Pretty mild up here in Lancs so signs are promising that match could be on. Seems like a nice day for a 3-0 defeat :D

You must be in a micro climate, belgian. It is white over and bloody freezing in Chester. As I bought my tickets on boxing day I may aswell make the effort. The missus is praying that it is called off :mrgreen:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:07 am

My Carlisle mate has just phoned the woman on reception at Brunton Park and she expects it to be off. May not help that much I know but thought I'd try and let people know the latest from up there. :?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:05 pm

Confirmed on Sky just a few moments ago, just after 12 o'clock, it's off, frozen pitch.

adjisaddler
Glitterati

Re: Carlisle United (A) League 1 Saturday 3/1/09 - POSTPONED

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Yep just heard.... bad news

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:25 pm

adjisaddler wrote:Yep just heard.... bad news

Indeed , Ricketts will now miss the Brighton home game.

adjisaddler
Glitterati

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:37 pm

there are alot of games of today ... even birm v wolves is off and i thought they had the undersoil heating

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:41 pm

MATCHES POSTPONED:

FA Cup third round:
Birmingham v Wolves
Cheltenham v Doncaster
Histon v Swansea (now 13 January)
Leyton Orient v Sheffield United

League One:
Brighton v Northampton
Carlisle v Walsall
Hereford v Leeds

League Two:
Aldershot v Notts County
Barnet v Grimsby
Chester v Luton
Exeter v Port Vale
Morecambe v Lincoln City

Blue Square Premier:
Eastbourne v Oxford Utd
Ebbsfleet v Wrexham
Salisbury v Rushden & Diamonds

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:52 pm

still had an entertaining day and got a big baz beating into the bargain. i can honestly say it was the most enjoyable walsall away match i have been to this season, at least we didnt lose :D

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Just back from the game.

Its great to come back from an away game where we haven't lost and kept an impressive clean sheet.

Showstopping performance........................... mostly from Big Baz 1.

The team showed plenty of commitment and drive............................well Willy Nilly did anyway.

Walsall were not pooed on today......................although Matt was by a sharp shooting seagull. No need for hair gel now Matt

Plenty of attacking play seen..................mainly by the seagulls on Big Baz 1 and Jockey. Baz showed a very safe pair of hands and protected his chips brilliantly.

Belgian Saddler and myself were impressive at inside right.............or should that be right inside the Pub all afternoon

Only disappointment was that we failed to score again..........................rather like Kiansmom apparantly :mrgreen:

Superb afternoon out at Lake Windemere with great friends. Much better than having to watch the football. Can we do it again next week Willy?

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Another non-result. Bonser out!

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:10 pm

OldPenkSaddler wrote:Just back from the game.

Its great to come back from an away game where we haven't lost and kept an impressive clean sheet.

The team showed plenty of commitment and drive............................well Willy Nilly did anyway.

Walsall were not pooed on today......................although Matt was by a sharp shooting seagull. No need for hair gel now Matt

Plenty of attacking play seen..................mainly by the seagulls on Big Baz 1 and Jockey. Baz showed a very safe pair of hands and protected his chips brilliantly.

Belgian Saddler and myself were impressive at inside right.............or should that be right inside the Pub all afternoon

Only disappointment was that we failed to score again..........................rather like Kiansmom apparantly :mrgreen:

Superb afternoon out at Lake Windemere with great friends. Much better than having to watch the football. Can we do it again next week Willy?

I think we should do it every week :mrgreen:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:13 pm

OldPenkSaddler wrote:Just back from the game.

Sounds like lots of positives today, which makes for a nice peaceful Saturday evening on here.

I presume Willy Nilly was the only poor b****r to miss out on the booze - AGAIN ! :?

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:26 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:I presume Willy Nilly was the only poor b****r to miss out on the booze - AGAIN ! :?

Indeed, Willy is our very own DD ( Designated Driver) and is a top man.

Willy In, if you know what I mean?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:55 pm

OldPenkSaddler wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:I presume Willy Nilly was the only poor b****r to miss out on the booze - AGAIN ! :?

Indeed, Willy is our very own DD ( Designated Driver) and is a top man.

Willy In, if you know what I mean?

Having met Willy, I have to agree with you, OPS, that he is indeed a top man. It's also good to know that his efforts on behalf of your good self and your travelling party are so well appreciated.

I have only once driven a party to a match, that being a minibus to Swindon for the Championshiop decider, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the atmosphere even though, as the driver, I couldn't partake of the booze. I'm sure Willy enjoys it all in much the same way as I did, but on a regular basis, and good for him.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:27 pm

Indeed Geoff, willy put in a superb perormance today. :D

Muddle got everything right today, tactics were spot on. Cant remember when i enjoyed an away match so much :mrgreen:

OPS: it was a pleasure to spend the aternoon chatting about Alun Evans goal, and what a goal it was

up the flipping saddlers

Willy Nilly
UTS Regular

Location: All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:25 am

belgiansaddler wrote:Indeed Geoff, willy put in a superb perormance today. :D

Muddle got everything right today, tactics were spot on. Cant remember when i enjoyed an away match so much :mrgreen:

OPS: it was a pleasure to spend the aternoon chatting about Alun Evans goal, and what a goal it was

up the flipping saddlers

I still think that George Andrews' goal against the geordies in '75 was better. :wink:

Oh and while we're at it, belge, is it junction 23, 24, 25........or what? Tried 'em all before we found you :?

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:47 am

up the flipping saddlers

Was that the goal vs Leicester in the FA Cup by any chance?

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:51 am

Willy Nilly wrote:

up the flipping saddlers

I still think that George Andrews' goal against the geordies in '75 was better. :wink:

Oh and while we're at it, belge, is it junction 23, 24, 25........or what? Tried 'em all before we found you :?

i'll get backn to you on that Dave. i'm sure it was one of 'em :mrgreen:

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:43 am

I did what i promised to do yesterday and surpassed my hereford performance with comic genius peformance at lake windemere. I would to give willy nilly a big baz big up for the trip day superb day out mate. Belgian saddler it was a honour and privalege to meet you and we sunk a few cold big baz beers together on willy nilly travel. Again yesterday i proved without a shadow of a doubt i am the most electrifying man in uts history, and why i am without a doubt the uts showstopper amd the uts king of kings.
Its a good job it can fly
Last edited by big baz 1 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:43 pm

I always suspected Big Baz could pull "birds" and yesterday proved it :mrgreen:

Jockey
UTS Legend

Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:33 pm

belgiansaddler wrote:I always suspected Big Baz could pull "birds" and yesterday proved it :mrgreen:

The trouble is Baz wanted to BBBB (Big Baz Bird Beating) the poor buggers, all they wanted was a bit of his fish.

"Its a good job it can fly"

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:23 pm

big baz 1 wrote:I did what i promised to do yesterday and surpassed my hereford performance with comic genius peformance at lake windemere. I would to give willy nilly a big baz big up for the trip day superb day out mate. Belgian saddler it was a honour and privalege to meet you and we sunk a few cold big baz beers together on willy nilly travel. Again yesterday i proved without a shadow of a doubt i am the most electrifying man in uts history, and why i am without a doubt the uts showstopper amd the uts king of kings.
Its a good job it can fly

You have a comfy lap too! :mrgreen:

It's a good job it can fly

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 am

I hear that the Pools Panel, on Saturday afternoon, made the result a draw but then, at 4-50 p.m., awarded Carlisle a stoppage time goal and a home win. :evil:

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:20 am

Pedagogue wrote:I hear that the Pools Panel, on Saturday afternoon, made the result a draw but then, at 4-50 p.m., awarded Carlisle a stoppage time goal and a home win. :evil:

Too clever for your own good. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:11 am

Pedagogue wrote:I hear that the Pools Panel, on Saturday afternoon, made the result a draw but then, at 4-50 p.m., awarded Carlisle a stoppage time goal and a home win. :evil:

They're probably still buoyed up after beating the Stokies in the FA Cup. :D

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:58 am

even bonser cant kill what carlisle was about. saddlers on the road. great day. taytlor out. wallet u surely must be better at teaching cos you are crap at your current job. boner, good businessman? dont make me laugh. taylor you are beyond contempt. get out of our club. all 3 of you. professional dont make me laugh. WE HATE YOU GET OUT OF OUR CLUB. you are thieving scum, totally incompetent. How u lot can claim to be comptetent is beyond me. Give us our freehold back. chikens are coming home to roost. do the honest thing you parasite

do you realise how many people you are hurting? do you care? prove you are a saddler boner. up the saddlers. Carlisle away was what supporting walsall is about. not that any of our beloved leaders would understand

Boner Wallet and Taylor out. scum

Duke
Site Addict

Re: Carlisle United (A) League 1 Saturday 10/2/09 .

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:05 am

Form guide update.

Carlisle last 6 league games.

Oldham -away - drew 0-0
Leeds - away - won 2-0
MK Dons - home -won 3-2
Tanmere -away - 1-4
Hartlepool - drew - 2-2
Colchester -home -lost 0-2

Our hosts sit 18th in league 1 - 32 points from 28 games played.

Prediction 1-1

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Re: Carlisle United (A) League 1 Saturday 10/2/09 .

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:20 pm

2-1 to us. Nicholls and Ibehre.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Re: Carlisle United (A) League 1 RESCHEDULED Tuesday 10/2/09 .

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 am

1-0 to Walsall, the goal inevitably scored by our million-pound striker T. Deeney Esq.,

Let's face it, if he carries on putting them in at a rate of practically a goal a game he'll be on Jeff's "For Sale" list quite soon/ :roll:

tape66
UTS Legend

Location: Solid steel visor riveted across his eyes, Iron staples close his jaws so no one hears his cries.

Re: Carlisle United (A) League 1 RESCHEDULED Tuesday 10/2/09 .

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:29 am

Doffer's missus pants on standby !

PreviousNext
Return to 2008-09 Season