Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Dicky's gone

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Re: Dicky's gone

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:24 pm

[quote="beckford09"]Sadly it's delusional attitudes like this that your chairman thrives on. Low expectatios and low pressure.
Limitations as a manager? wtf are you on, promoted last season, little or no money/wages put into the squad and two of the clubs best young talents sold halfway through the season (while you were in play offs/promotion hunt) without replacement.

Yeah - we should have spent everyone else's money then only given them back 8p in the pound

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Bristol Fan wrote:
Jane wrote:Can't say I'm bothered about him going as I was totally bored by watching his style of football and I was fed-up of his constant moaning at the fans. What bothers me more is the reason he has probably left, ie lack of assurances on finances next year. This doesn't look good for next season, whoever's in charge.

I'm not all that bothered about him going now I think about it, apart from the implied reason for his departure. But there may be more to it than that (he might just think he'll be able to get a job in the Championship next season) so I won't get the razor blades out just yet. Bonser does have a habit of pulling rabbits out of hats when appointing managers, after all (three of his appointments won us promotion in their first season).

Trouble is, he doesn't give 'em enough lettuce and carrots, so they knaw their way out of the hutch and sod off.

futuresobright

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:49 pm

What wonderful news. At last the black cloud over the Banks' stadium has lifted. Regular readers of this site may sense my joy at this blessed release. All in all it this is must rank as the best news for the club since our glorious win in Cardiff.
As I wrote after our most recent pathetic display, Mr Touchy failed as a manager in every important area.
Terrible signings.
With Boertin’s injury problems and Sonko not even getting a game on Saturday, I would suggest that only Weston and Holmes have improved the squad from last season. That’s 2 out of 13. SACK HIM.
Terrible entertainment.
Making Dobson captain last year said everything about Mr T’s footballing philosophy. Continuing to pick him says everything about his stubbornness. No wonder crowds are plummeting as we stick to The Plan – ‘Dobbo pass it back so a defender can hoof it up field and slap head can try and get a dodgy free kick. SACK HIM.
Terrible coaching.
A real disappointment this season is to see how Bradley, Ishy, Deeney and Nicholls have gone become increasingly ineffective. SACK HIM.
Terrible team building.
Like last season Mr T has merely added stop gap signings to the talented squad he inherited. Like last close season we can expect him to ship out players he brought in -Sonner, Hall, Caneiro, Mawete, Brittain, Butler) have already gone. SACK HIM.

A small number of posters urged Bonser to sack the manager at the end of last season on the grounds of his tactics, team selections and atrocious transfer record. JB failed to act and good players inherited by Mr Touchy (Keates, Westwood, Wright, Fox, Dann) have voted with their feet to be replaced by crud. Well done JB for not being fooled again.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:57 pm

At last Bernie remembered the correct log in.

Burnside
UTS Regular

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:03 pm

Wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:Where are all the Bonser lovers now eh? I hope you all take long hard looks at yourself.

DISGRACE.

Grown up comments again metfan.

read my Bonsers big test post.

Summed up in a nutshell, he has moved us forward in many ways over 20 years, he has/had a platform to continue to build - Today he didn't take it.

In my opinion now his tenure at the Club is untennable, pointless and a waste of everyones time and money.

Thrown away a great chance not just to move forward but to lay more foundations, something he has done well with within his time here.

I stand by my thinking that he has done a good job in the bigger picture, but now, today, i fear its all over.

I feel it may be time for him to go but i am willing to look at the bigger picture and see what happens next - i'm not hopful though.

Biggles
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:06 pm

All I could think of was... 'A Fool and his Money are easily parted'. :roll:

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 pm

Nortoncanesred made the excellent point, one that is seldom made and never answered by JB'S apologists, why do we need to "find a buyer?"

One reason and one reason only, not content with a pension fund that must be conservatively estimated as being worth 8 figures (given the growth in such schemes over the last 15-20 years, and given that the net input is over £5m) Jb also wants another tidy pay-off. Why? If not for reasons of pure greed??
Is this someone with anything like the "club's interests at heart"? Why doesn't he just retire and sell the club for a nominal fee, or even just a moderate fee?
Why doesn't he just retire and retain ownership of the club but stop raping it to the tune of 7k a week, and instead "sell" the freehold to a third party acting on the club's behalf? There are lots of options open to JB, but the only one on his agenda is the one that sees him squeeze the pips of Walsall FC until it is a anaemic shell of a football club, and he is a multi, multi, millionaire. Can anyone who supports JB explain this?

THE_BURNING_RED
UTS Regular

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:20 pm

After looking through the thead i am in two minds over money i thought there was a clash of personalties among bonser money and certain players but the shafting in regards to not allowing replacements for fox and dan has caused ripples that will not in away at times moneys choices were not the right ones and the football played was boring but walsall fans have long memories and with the close season jeff has dug a hole which even he cant get out of and if mr dosh is reading the site as a guest thanks and good luck and it is only a game

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:Nortoncanesred made the excellent point, one that is seldom made and never answered by JB'S apologists, why do we need to "find a buyer?"

One reason and one reason only, not content with a pension fund that must be conservatively estimated as being worth 8 figures (given the growth in such schemes over the last 15-20 years, and given that the net input is over £5m) Jb also wants another tidy pay-off. Why? If not for reasons of pure greed??
Is this someone with anything like the "club's interests at heart"? Why doesn't he just retire and sell the club for a nominal fee, or even just a moderate fee?
Why doesn't he just retire and retain ownership of the club but stop raping it to the tune of 7k a week, and instead "sell" the freehold to a third party acting on the club's behalf? There are lots of options open to JB, but the only one on his agenda is the one that sees him squeeze the pips of Walsall FC until it is a anaemic shell of a football club, and he is a multi, multi, millionaire. Can anyone who supports JB explain this?

Because there is more than one director? Because Walsall FC Limited has to do what is best for Walsall FC limited by law. Does he not have a family? I agree that there will be more than enough money to live by, but human nature will stop anyone "giving" something away. Cliff Richard, man of God, has many millions of pounds... why doesn;t he give it all away. Bono, God fearing campaigner for the poor of Africa - why doesn't he give away all his money? Life aint like that.

This doesn;t mean I agree with everything he does, far from it, but I am a bit more realistic in my hopes.

Nortoncanesred
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:
Geordiesaddler wrote:Nortoncanesred made the excellent point, one that is seldom made and never answered by JB'S apologists, why do we need to "find a buyer?"

Because there is more than one director? Because Walsall FC Limited has to do what is best for Walsall FC limited by law. Does he not have a family? I agree that there will be more than enough money to live by, but human nature will stop anyone "giving" something away. Cliff Richard, man of God, has many millions of pounds... why doesn;t he give it all away. Bono, God fearing campaigner for the poor of Africa - why doesn't he give away all his money? Life aint like that.

This doesn;t mean I agree with everything he does, far from it, but I am a bit more realistic in my hopes.

I seem to remember Wolves changing hands recently for £10, so life can be like that if the owner has the best interests of the football club at heart.

Remember Mr Hayward lost millions in that deal by writing off what he was owed, Mr Bonser is doing the exact opposite as he is gaining millions of pounds from a lower division football club.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:54 pm

Nortoncanesred wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:

I seem to remember Wolves changing hands recently for £10, so life can be like that if the owner has the best interests of the football club at heart.

Again, you can't make him. If JB doesn't want to sell for a tenner then he just won't. :roll:

Can't we keep this on topic (ie Dicky's gone, why, what happens next) and save the Bonser-bashing for the several other threads dedicated to that?

Nortoncanesred
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm not saying I can make him, just pointing out the facts. The manager leaving today is a direct result of the owners actions so is totally relevant, shall we just brush it all under the carpet and pretend it isn't happening?

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:02 pm

Burnside wrote:
Wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:Where are all the Bonser lovers now eh? I hope you all take long hard looks at yourself.

DISGRACE.

Grown up comments again metfan.

read my Bonsers big test post.

Summed up in a nutshell, he has moved us forward in many ways over 20 years, he has/had a platform to continue to build - Today he didn't take it.

In my opinion now his tenure at the Club is untennable, pointless and a waste of everyones time and money.

Thrown away a great chance not just to move forward but to lay more foundations, something he has done well with within his time here.

I stand by my thinking that he has done a good job in the bigger picture, but now, today, i fear its all over.

I feel it may be time for him to go but i am willing to look at the bigger picture and see what happens next - i'm not hopful though.

Oh well...and then there was Stafflers. :lol:

Burnside
UTS Regular

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:06 pm

This isn't an all of a sudden change of stance Geordie. Ive qualifed my support on what JB does over the summer for some time. This is a terrible start.

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:11 pm

What a surprise!!!! When things are going well there is no sign of him/her/it but all of a sudden when the brown stuff hits the fan along comes futuresobright spinning his/her usual load of absolute drivel.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:22 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:
Nortoncanesred wrote:
Whitti Steve wrote:

Again, you can't make him. If JB doesn't want to sell for a tenner then he just won't. :roll:

Can't we keep this on topic (ie Dicky's gone, why, what happens next) and save the Bonser-bashing for the several other threads dedicated to that?

Again NCR points out an example that makes life very uncomfortable for the JB apologists. Ok then, let's deal with what few facts we have to deal with, as JB is very adept at leaking as few into the public domain as possible (feel free to speculate why this might be). Nobody on here knows EXACTLY how much JB paid for the freehold, or what his outlay was for the club itself. However, there is absolutely no way it was anything more than a few hundred k, and every chance it was considerably less. We know that the last time JB put the club up for sale, in 1997 the asking price was £6m, and that did not include the freehold!!!

So what is today's asking price??

A tenner, a million, ten million?????? And what of the freehold itself? Is there not a middle groud between what Jack Haywood did and what Jb is doing? Why doesn't he sell the club and the freehold for a couple of million if he wants one last pay-off? Make the club affordable and then lets see who comes forward.
Of course following the events of the last few months JB's tenure is at five to midnight, even previously moderate and tolerant fans of which I class myself as one have simply had enough of this charade, and JB hasn't the wit, will, or wherewithalls to bull his way out of this one. Maybe those who bother to go to the Hartlepool game should walk out after 60 minutes, in recognition of a season that had the plug pulled on it two thirds through.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Burnside wrote:This isn't an all of a sudden change of stance Geordie. Ive qualifed my support on what JB does over the summer for some time. This is a terrible start.

And that's entirely fair enough Burnie. I was (apparently) very much in the Happy Clapper camp until January. One thing that JB is very adept at is turning us fans against one another, against the manager, the manager against the fans, etc. etc. at the end of the day that serves his purpose very well.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Thanks for promotion Dickie - best of luck wherever you end up. Sorry things didn't work out - but to your credit you sussed the problem quicker than most. Congrats on having the dignity to walk, even if you do have something up your sleeve to go to.

loop
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:45 pm

I have to say i am gutted at the news of the departure of DD, although i am not surprised to be honest, i was convinced he would walk at the end of the season. :cry:

Although i am not one of those supporters who instantly blames the chairman for everything, i do feel that Jeff Bonser is an unambitious idiot who is full of empty promises.

To me the future look very dim !!!!

God i'm depressed today.

bangsection
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Geordiesaddler wrote:
Again NCR points out an example that makes life very uncomfortable for the JB apologists. Ok then, let's deal with what few facts we have to deal with, as JB is very adept at leaking as few into the public domain as possible (feel free to speculate why this might be). Nobody on here knows EXACTLY how much JB paid for the freehold, or what his outlay was for the club itself. However, there is absolutely no way it was anything more than a few hundred k, and every chance it was considerably less. We know that the last time JB put the club up for sale, in 1997 the asking price was £6m, and that did not include the freehold!!!

So what is today's asking price??

A tenner, a million, ten million?????? And what of the freehold itself? Is there not a middle groud between what Jack Haywood did and what Jb is doing? Why doesn't he sell the club and the freehold for a couple of million if he wants one last pay-off? Make the club affordable and then lets see who comes forward.
Of course following the events of the last few months JB's tenure is at five to midnight, even previously moderate and tolerant fans of which I class myself as one have simply had enough of this charade, and JB hasn't the wit, will, or wherewithalls to bull his way out of this one. Maybe those who bother to go to the Hartlepool game should walk out after 60 minutes, in recognition of a season that had the plug pulled on it two thirds through.

As I suggested on a thread earlier today, the reemergence on the board of Denglen's very own Peter Gilman is extremely worrying.

Who would bet against a carve up, with Jeff selling the freehold to Gilman so that he can have next dibs on the golden pension goose?

Worrying times. When's that focus meeting?

Stalky

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:59 pm

In case you get the wrong idea, I am NOT a fan of Bonser (although I'm not convinced that Deadly Doug would be any better!!!)

But if it were YOUR money, would you give it to a man who has demonstrably proved that he cannot identify talent in the transfer market?

I'm pleased that Money has gone, I wish Bonser would follow - though he won't - but where we go from here seems to be very uncertain.

Nortoncanesred
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:01 pm

As I suggested on a thread earlier today, the reemergence on the board of Denglen's very own Peter Gilman is extremely worrying.

Exactly, this is the man who sold Leeds Utd to Ridsdale, that went well.

Mr Bonser starts talking about leaving, his pension fund is about to mature, his loan suddenly gets repaid and a figure from the murky past of Denglen appears as if from nowhere.....

I don't think we need Columbo to see something is going down here.
Last edited by Nortoncanesred on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sutton Saddler

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:01 pm

Fantastic news that DD has done the decent thing. Up until now I've had him down as arrogant but at least now he has shown that he knows his limitations (that have become all too evident over the last few months).

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:08 pm

Nortoncanesred wrote:

Exactly, this is the man who sold Leeds Utd to Ridsdale, that went well.

Mr Bonser starts talking about leaving, this pension fund is about to mature, his loan suddenly gets repaid and a figure from the murky past of Denglen appears as if from nowhere.....

I don't think we need Columbo to see something is going down here.

It went well for Gilman - he actually got his money! :wink:

Seriously, though, I don't like the fact that the ground's likely to be passed around from one businessman to another as a cash cow for the next however many years. But at least that cash cow makes it in their interest to keep the club going - and going as successfully as possible. Take it away (and give the land to the club) and suddenly you have a loss-making business (still loss making as the plan is to spend the rent money on the pitch) with a piece of prime real estate. The smart business move suddenly becomes to sell the real estate to Tesco and try to find another ground.

In any case, none of the ground stuff is really relevant to DD leaving. We've had extra income this season. What's important is whether DD's already spent it (the consensus seems to be not - and I'm inclined to agree) and, if not, would he have got it to spend next season - with the evidence strongly suggesting not. All the money that's relevant is money over and above that which pays the rent.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:10 pm

Jorge14 wrote:We have an entire summer to build again, Daz. We were always going to rebuild the squad, whether Money was manager or not. Perhaps rebuilding with fresh ideas might be a positive?

Not necessarily the 'entire' summer very other club with a manager will get though, is it?
While other clubs have been releasing players and offering players new contracts, our manager has decided that he isn't going to get the backing he feels he (and the remaining players) deserve, so has left. Even if we are to appoint a new manager in the next 2 weeks, whoever comes in will be behind the other managers in terms of looking for potential new signings, so we are disadvantaged from the outset. Of course, that'll be where Paul Taylor comes in and 'helps out' by bringing in foreign rif-raf on the cheap.

Bearing in mind the way this has played out, everyone who reads the press regarding Walsall now knows that we won't give much money to whoever gets the manager's job. Not the ideal abstract for a potential new manager.

I'm gutted Money has gone, but not 100% surprised, like many others. I have no axe to grind with him at all however. Exceeded expectations in his first season, before following it up with another campaign where I don't think he could have done a lot more. Had the balls to put his ambition in the public domain in the hope that the club would match it. Bonser didn't, so he left. No problems with Money whatsoever but sadly, I am about as concerned now as I was when we were looking relegation fodder under Broadhurst.

Nortoncanesred
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:23 pm

and suddenly you have a loss-making business (still loss making as the plan is to spend the rent money on the pitch) with a piece of prime real estate]

The last two sets of published accounts show a profit, it is not a loss making business.

Mr Gilman is a very busy man,

GMI PROPERTY COMPANY LIMITED 06396529 Director Company's age is less than 18 months 11/10/2007
GMI 4650 / 4750 LIMITED 06042910 Director Company's age is less than 18 months 16/02/2007
GMI ROVINIAN (E) LIMITED 05916729 Director Active 25/08/2006
GMI SHAW LANE LIMITED 05881110 Director Active 05/10/2006
GMI PROJECT MANAGEMENT LIMITED 05759259 Director Active 23/05/2006
GMI (WALSALL) LIMITED 05388444 Director Active 16/03/2005
GMI CONSTRUCTION HOLDINGS PLC 05300988 Director Active 30/11/2004
WHARFEDALE NURSERIES MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED 05281686 Director Non trading 19/04/2007
GMI LAKESIDE DONCASTER LIMITED 05233346 Director Active 03/11/2004
GMI WATERSIDE SHIPLEY LIMITED 05122399 Director Active 03/11/2004
GMI HOMES LIMITED 05115152 Director Company is dissolved 28/04/2004
GMI INVESTMENTS (2180) LIMITED 05025157 Director Active 28/01/2004
SHEFFIELD DIGITAL CAMPUS LIMITED 05000077 Director Active 21/12/2006
GMI THORPE PARK LIMITED 04934672 Director Active 24/11/2003
GMI PROPERTY HOLDINGS LIMITED 04827764 Director Analysed - Query raised 14/11/2003
EAST LEEDS DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED 04485243 Director Active 28/03/2003
ELDC (TRIANGLE) LIMITED 04485241 Director Active 22/10/2002
GMI SPRINGHILL (A) LIMITED 04348609 Director Company is dissolved 10/05/2002
GMI SPRINGHILL (B) LIMITED 04348606 Director Company is dissolved 10/05/2002
GMI SPRINGHILL LIMITED 04339321 Director Company is dissolved 07/03/2002
GMI LEGER LIMITED 04339026 Director Company is dissolved 29/01/2002
GMI LEGER (B) LIMITED 04338981 Director Company is dissolved 29/01/2002
GMI LEGER (C) LIMITED 04338977 Director Company is dissolved 29/01/2002
GMI LEGER (A) LIMITED 04338963 Director Company is dissolved 29/01/2002
LEWCOMBE PROPERTIES (GILDERSOME) LIMITED 04330672 Director Active 14/01/2002
INTERCHANGE ONE LIMITED 04280596 Director Company is dissolved 11/10/2001
GMI DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED 04141437 Director Active 02/03/2001
KEYLANDMARK LIMITED 04087948 Director Active 22/12/2000
TURNBERRY PARK LIMITED 04070865 Director Active 22/12/2000
AILSA HOUSE LIMITED 03898881 Director Non trading 15/01/2002
HALTON GILL CONSULTING LIMITED 03814671 Director Company is dissolved 15/09/1999
DPL (KEIGHLEY) LIMITED 03503308 Director Company is dissolved 25/02/1998
GMI HOLDINGS LIMITED 03364585 Director Active 21/05/1997
GMI LANDMARK MANAGEMENT LIMITED 03357608 Director Active 21/05/1997
LEWCOMBE PROPERTIES (LEEDS) LIMITED 03336226 Director Company is dissolved 12/05/1997
PARKSIDE SECURITIES LIMITED 03258657 Director Active 23/10/1996
EAST LEEDS DEVELOPMENTS (WHINMOOR) LIMITED 02965546 Director Company is dissolved 06/10/1994
EAST LEEDS DEVELOPMENTS (ROYDS GREEN) LIMITED 02965545 Director Company is dissolved 06/10/1994
MIDDLETON HOUSE PROPERTIES LIMITED 02894215 Director Company is dissolved 23/03/1994
SCHOLES DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED 02859718
LEWCOMBE PROPERTIES LIMITED 02736223 Director Active 11/09/1992
GMI ROVINIAN LIMITED 02346183 Director Active 22/02/1993
ANCAMAIN LIMITED 02079751 Director Active 10/05/1991
GMI CONSTRUCTION GROUP PLC 01988606 Director Active 20/02/1991
GMI INVESTMENTS LIMITED 01917144 Director Active 14/01/1992
GMI CONSTRUCTION LIMITED 01759399 Director Non trading 17/02/1992
GMI PM RESIDUAL LIMITED 01238375 Director In Liquidation 10/05/1991
WALSALL FOOTBALL CLUB,LIMITED(THE) 00171970 Director Active 14/08/2006

ciscokid
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:33 pm

There must be some very naive supporters at this club, if they cannot see the real reason why the last several managers have either been sacked or resigned, ultimately leaving the club under a cloud.
JB is happy to keep this club ticking over, to satisfy his financial aspirations. After recent events, I am totally convinced that his passion and ambition for the league position of the team, is far outweighed by his focus on increasing his personal bank balance.
There is no doubt that the supporters of this club have contributed to JB’s personal fortune, when each week they go through those turn stiles; supporting their team, but ultimately contributing towards the pension fund.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:42 pm

Im going to get back on topic and give my first opinion on this and for that reason alone I wont turn this into anti Bonser post.

I was never a big fan of Richard Money but after winning the league and the season after more or less finish top 10, you cannot complain. I feel he didnt want to blot his CV and maybe the lack of investment next season, the loss of our more talented youngsters and the fact that the dressing room was low on morale, DD decided that next season may well have been a struggle.
You cannot begrudge him the fact he didnt want to bring himself and Walsall down for the fact it was getting sour.

His heart wasnt in the job anymore and im glad he didnt stick around.

However I dont think we would have found ourselves in this position if we had invested using the Dann/Fox money, but I guess we will never genuinely know.
I just hope the new bloke will be given the chance and money to get us back into the championship, however we know this wont be the case :evil:

No matter what people say, Richard Money has given us one of the greatest ever seasons we will never forget and for that reason only we must thank him and wish him luck in whatever he does.

Good Luck Dickie Dosh, you will never be forgotten.

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:51 pm

YGA Saddler wrote:Im going to get back on topic and give my first opinion on this and for that reason alone I wont turn this into anti Bonser post.

This is where you wanna go next Kev :wink: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25378

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:59 pm

And of course GMI are our construction company of choice, the one that raised the Bezzla and the new stand, oh and the big stand at Leeds as well. If you find a finger in you balti-pie next time your down the match, at least you'll have a fair idea where to return it to.

Oh dear, its all looking a bit suss isn't it?

:oops:

I wonder if Jeff would have chosen such a difficult exit if he had any dignity, (exit, trip over, kiss relevant Yorkshire feet, stage left). Then again, when the Ouzo's going down and the sun's shining ho can tell himself it was all worth it, unfortunately for him they have mirrors in Cyprus too. I've said it before and for what little its worth I'll say it again, I'd rather be me, with my credit card overflowing, divorced, the garage roof leaking, and driving a ten year old nissan micra than be someone like JB, a passionless, souless vessel of what might have been. That will be how I remember his tenure at my football club.

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then