Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Predictions for 05/06?

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.

Where will we finish in 05/06?

Top 2
16%
Play Offs
57%
7 - 13
22%
14-20
5%
Drop zone
No votes

Total votes : 74
Honest John
UTS Regular

Location: making sure peedo's get their justice 'til the day i die.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:31 am

2nd-perfect

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:52 am

Stu wrote:I presume you mean "Joachim (£4500 per week at Boston)" and not "Burton"...

Either way, I can gurantee its not £4500 and can gurantee its less than £3k/week. In fact, I can go further and say he isn't even the top paid player at Boston Utd this season.

I dont know to much about the JJ issue, i know someone at work told me he was on 8 grand a week the day he signed, which i laughed at, and said, if he is the good luck to them, cos that is silly money. Then i heard it was 3 grand a week which sounds more like it.

But wasn't it something to do with boston paying some of his contract at leeds? i thought that was the stumbling block for us before boston got involved. i hear what has been said about it being his hometown, but i was sure boston came up with some cash towards what leeds owed him. But... i may be wrong so dont shoot me.

Oh and never joke about relegation, it can always become a possibility, jus think back to last season., oh and the season before that come to think of it.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:24 am

Leeds have denied that his contract was paid off. Just have to face facts, he went there because he preferred it.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:40 am

Fair play, like i said, it was only what i heard. I really wanted him to sign, like every other walsall fan. But in truth, how many games would he of played ? he is very injury prone. I guess thats football, the fact we where genuinely looking to bring that calibre of player in is reason for optimism

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:15 am

His injury record (played 63 games in the last 4 years) is what was putting me off.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:20 am

I sincerely wish JJ well. If he does get injured, and is consequently unavailable for a lengthy period, we may well be well out of it. This is why he would fit in better in a larger squad, where quality can be replaced with quality, on similar salaries etc. Must be the same risk at Boston, as well. Better to spread our resources a bit more thinly. Hope for transfer news soon. I'm not getting jittery yet, but the clock is ticking.

Previous
Return to You Said That Then