Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

No-one signs!!!!!!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Purple Toucan Saddler

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:53 pm

Zero Phil's posts as punishment :twisted:

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:54 pm

Is it nude and in mud?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:55 pm

Cheesebag wrote:Is it nude and in mud?

I don't want to sound arrogant :roll: but I'd pay to see that. :P

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:58 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:a) because phil has made himself look a prat and has constantly tried (without success) to pass this as a joke

Good point, I really don't know why you have been personal with this.

You are intelligent enough to read the start of the thread and see with your own two eyes that I didn't reveal the rumour publicly, nor go on to claim or further divulge any information publicly. Thats quite clear to all except those who a) [not in the know] got excited because some posters had been winding them up with frustration using the [post moderated] thing beforehand only to find out it was a wind-up thread, and b) [in the know] those who thought they had prime information, only for it to turn out to be yet another false dawn.

The ones who have done nothing wrong are the likes of Me, Stafflers, Per, Steve, who posted on the first page of this thread and knew the threads original intonation.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:00 pm

And wasted a whole twelve pages (so far)! Good God ! :evil:

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:12 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:And wasted a whole twelve pages (so far)! Good God ! :evil:

You know you love it as much as the rest of us. Besides, it was a very funny joke to start with.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:15 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
tinned wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Use your noggin neil and have another look in the friends of uts forum and see the timing of the first post on there, the words "I'd be delighted if it happens, but im remaining sceptical" and the ensuing discussion about starting this thread as a joke.

Let me get this straight, you've got a message board set up to talk about what's going on on this message board?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

And to think that I was worried that I had no life...

There is a messageboard for those that financially contribute to the running of this site. You pay your money you get access to it. It's part of this site, not another site.

Contribute a tenner via paypal and your in. Pm admin. There is also a moderaters board that we can't see where they really slag us all off.

Ah, fair enough. Didn't realise that - in that case I apologize for laughing at those who use it!! :lol:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:21 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:a) because phil has made himself look a prat and has constantly tried (without success) to pass this as a joke

You are intelligent enough to read the start of the thread and see with your own two eyes that I didn't reveal the rumour publicly, nor go on to claim or further divulge any information publicly. Thats quite clear to all except those who a) [not in the know] got excited because some posters had been winding them up with frustration using the [post moderated] thing beforehand only to find out it was a wind-up thread, and b) [in the know] those who thought they had prime information, only for it to turn out to be yet another false dawn.

The ones who have done nothing wrong are the likes of Me, Stafflers, Per, Steve, who posted on the first page of this thread and knew the threads original intonation.

I saw the original meaning for the thread, before I read this one.

I repeat. I don't know why you started this thread. Is it funny? Not in the slightest and your defensive posts since tell the whole story in my opinion.

If things turn out to be a false dawn so be it, that's not anyones fault. The club offer what they can, the player takes the best deal that they can and the people who do know bits of info say what they can to keep others informed.

If it wasn't for moaning negative buggers like you I wouldn't post anything at all. We have been after a number of players that I initially said we were and press reports including comments from DD in the paper and in person confirm that.

If you don't like that, tough. I take everything back if you can say what was funny in the original post, especially as it should have been Player X! :D

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:26 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
WFCNIL wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:Ten whole pages of saying nothing. I wonder why this site keeps crashing? :?

Any chance people might start to act responsibly?

OMG Listen to her :P :lol:

Geoff, I've got 7000+ posts saying nothing, I wouldn't let it bother you

But Cheesey, I DO let it bother me because I know the problems that the site has encountered recently, and wonder why people never seem to learn.

They moan when the site goes down, but they waste memory on junk like this, it's stupid and irresponsible.

Perhaps one solution would be to delete the post count. It's clear that some people enjoy rattling up a post count, not that I have a problem with that, but if you feel that quantity is winning out over quality then post counting and the gaining of sub tags such as 'veteran' and 'glitterati' could do with being dumped.

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:36 pm

Stu wrote:The fee was never £75k by my knowledge, put a 1 front of the 75 and thats what I was hearing...

And when you consider how frugal we've been this summer, 4 'veteran' players all signed on 1 year deals, then it tells you that DD has probably been holding something back for something or someone...

Have to admit Phil, I think your the only pesron in the world who can read that and seem to think it can be passed off as a joke.

If you'd done it at any other time, possibly, but you only did it because you'd been sent a text message saying it had happened.

You're right. I know for a fact Port Vale were knocked back after offering £150k within hours of Lincoln being knocked out of the play offs, and they've upped the offer since then.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:41 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Blimey - I left this thread alone ages ago - but at least when I return I have been absolved of any blame :lol: Cheers Mate -

Matt'sdad

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:53 pm

YGA Saddler wrote:Just keep digging....

That bloke looks like me , scary. just hope it's his grave he's digging ... not mine :shock:

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:56 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
tinned wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Use your noggin neil and have another look in the friends of uts forum and see the timing of the first post on there, the words "I'd be delighted if it happens, but im remaining sceptical" and the ensuing discussion about starting this thread as a joke.

Let me get this straight, you've got a message board set up to talk about what's going on on this message board?

There is a messageboard for those that financially contribute to the running of this site. You pay your money you get access to it. It's part of this site, not another site.

Contribute a tenner via paypal and your in. Pm admin. There is also a moderaters board that we can't see where they really slag us all off.

Ah, fair enough. Didn't realise that - in that case I apologize for laughing at those who use it!! :lol:

Hmmm,,,financial apartheid. Don’t care too much for that kind of thing... The segregating of the haves and have nots. Can I ask why it was felt necessary to set up a private/exclusive ‘paying members section’? TBH I was made aware of this and it’s the reason I’ve never contributed to this site, Sites that I do contribute to such as The Retired Greyhound Trust site, The National Greyhound Racing Club site and two or three other greyhound racing and welfare sites certainly don’t feel the need to operate a ‘behind the curtain forum’ for contributing members, so why does this one.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:03 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
tinned wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:

Hmmm,,,financial apartheid. Don’t care too much for that kind of thing... The segregating of the haves and have nots. Can I ask why it was felt necessary to set up a private/exclusive ‘paying members section’? TBH I was made aware of this and it’s the reason I’ve never contributed to this site, Sites that I do contribute to such as The Retired Greyhound Trust site, The National Greyhound Racing Club site and two or three other greyhound racing and welfare sites certainly don’t feel the need to operate a ‘behind the curtain forum’ for contributing members, so why does this one.

The site costs a lot to run - some people see fit to help out, for that they are privvy to an area that isn't populated by Journos looking for cheap stories and idiots from other clubs. It's not an us and them as we all contribute to this area too - it means we can say things that might not be 100% sorted and no-one finds out :lol: :lol: (unless Phil tells you :wink: ) :lol: Dont take it personally.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:04 pm

BTW - "Have's and have nots" :lol: Dont make me laugh - £10 isn't much to you or anyone who already owns a compuetr and has internet connection, and follows football!

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:10 pm

Aldridge Steve wrote:BTW - "Have's and have nots" :lol: Dont make me laugh - £10 isn't much to you or anyone who already owns a compuetr and has internet connection, and follows football!

Must be too much to be able to afford a spell checker as well though :wink: :D

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:17 pm

Aldridge Steve wrote:BTW - "Have's and have nots" :lol: Dont make me laugh - £10 isn't much to you or anyone who already owns a compuetr and has internet connection, and follows football!

No, it's a pittance. however it's something I don't care for . Either this site is run as a paying members site, whose contributions pay for the site fees and upkeep, or it's an open access site, which, clearly it isn't.

And BTW it was not my intention to make you laugh. Which part of my post did you find amusing?

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:23 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:

No, it's a pittance. however it's something I don't care for . Either this site is run as a paying members site, whose contributions pay for the site fees and upkeep, or it's an open access site, which, clearly it isn't.

And BTW it was not my intention to make you laugh. Which part of my post did you find amusing?

Er.... I am not a member of the "other side" as i don't pay. But why does a multi-functional website have to be 1 or the other when it quite obviously can be both. It's no different to a V.I.P room in a club or a Members only section of a ground

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:32 pm

Absolutly no problem with a paying section, why would anybody have a problem? I would miss this site if it wasn't running so I contributed £10. I never asked admin to set up a "freinds of UTS" section but he did and I enjoy using it.

Only problem tho is Cyclo is also a member.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:34 pm

I think i might pay a tenner to get into this VIP bit, do they have sexy ladies on poles :P

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:36 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:

The part after which I put a smiley. I just dont see the problem - it clearly can be both, as it had been for some time.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:37 pm

latviancheese wrote:I think i might pay a tenner to get into this VIP bit, do they have sexy ladies on poles :P

MMF in his pants

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:39 pm

Ned_Kelly wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:

Er.... I am not a member of the "other side" as i don't pay. But why does a multi-functional website have to be 1 or the other when it quite obviously can be both. It's no different to a V.I.P room in a club or a Members only section of a ground

Because for me the entire ethos for a site such as this is its openness and its egalitarianism. As soon as bits of it are ‘farmed off’ for those who stump up a few quid, that openness and egalitarianism goes out of the window. A bit like footballs prawn sandwich brigade looking down on the terraces in my opinion.

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:42 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:

Because for me the entire ethos for a site such as this is its openness and its egalitarianism. As soon as bits of it are ‘farmed off’ for those who stump up a few quid, that openness and egalitarianism goes out of the window. A bit like footballs prawn sandwich brigade looking down on the terraces in my opinion.

Faie play to ya, each to their own, i just don't see why it should be a problem. You pay for a little privacy or talk in public. No problem

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:43 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:

Couldn't disagree more, Is that what people who don't contribute to the greyhound site think of you?

Stu
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:

Couldn't disagree more, Is that what people who don't contribute to the greyhound site think of you?

But I'd imagine he doesn't get special access to parts of the website that he contributes too...

I have to admit, I didn't even know this other forum existed and I'm sure I donated once via STIP and never heard anything about another forum.

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:47 pm

Ned_Kelly wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:

Faie play to ya, each to their own, i just don't see why it should be a problem. You pay for a little privacy or talk in public. No problem

I can't argue with you, because i know it isn't a problem for the majority, and i'd be the first to put my hand up and say, on this, i'm in the vast minority. Perhaps it's my very OLD labour principals getting the better of me!

Duke
Site Addict

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:49 pm

Cheesebag wrote:Absolutly no problem with a paying section, why would anybody have a problem? I would miss this site if it wasn't running so I contributed £10. I never asked admin to set up a "freinds of UTS" section but he did and I enjoy using it.

Only problem tho is Cyclo is also a member.

Totally agree Carl . apart from the bit about Cyclo :wink:

Salop Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:53 pm

Cheesebag wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:

The greyhound sites I contribute to don't include private paying members sections. I contribute because I contribute, and beyond that people can think of me whatever thay want to think of me. And none of those site carries a section trumpeting the fact that joe bloggs or whoever has contributed X amount of £'s to keep this site up and running.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:57 pm

Salop Saddler wrote:
Cheesebag wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:
Ned_Kelly wrote:
Salop Saddler wrote:

The greyhound sites I contribute to don't include private paying members sections. I contribute because I contribute, and beyond that people can think of me whatever thay want to think of me.

One of the other points I made is worth a mention again... it means that things can be said (rumours etc, breaking news) without it being picked up by occassional visitors. Obviously now that I know you wont be contibuting, I am off to start a thread about you :wink: (joke btw!)

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics