Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Sausage gate Conspiracy!!!!!!!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
danksy9
UTS Regular

Sausage gate Conspiracy!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:47 pm

My old girl (who doesn't live round here any more moved up to Carlise) is staying in the Hotel next to the Banks's Stadium. She bumped into a tall mixed race/black bloke in the lift and started talking to him. My Mom being my mom hasn't got the foggiest about football and she's not the brightest spark in the world either, asked the guy where he was from because he didn't have a Walsall accent and also what he was doing here. He told my mom that he was speaking to Walsall regarding a contract at the club but couldn't say anymore than that. My mom again being my mom said oh well done my son's a big Walsall fan, whats your name and he replied Leon. She's just this minute come back and told me and I showed her a picture of him and she said that was the guy she was speaking to.

Well hopefully this is all good news and hopefully something good can come of this.

Sorry if this is old news by the way.
Last edited by danksy9 on Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S.MURPHY

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:50 pm

could be right but he has been training with leeds and even played in there recent friendly in ireland along with david prutton.

i wonder if sonner has had a word

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:53 pm

Now that would be tasty but I fear pure speculation :?

danksy9
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:54 pm

Cheesebag wrote:Now that would be tasty but I fear pure speculation :?

No this is genuine , all i can say really is watch this space unless he's being offered more money else where

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:55 pm

I know danksy, he wouldn't make things up like that and we were talking to him. Perhaps he and one other are fed up with waiting for Leeds?

danksy9
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:57 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

I know danksy, he wouldn't make things up like that and we were talking to him. Perhaps he and one other are fed up with waiting for Leeds?

If the other person you are talking about is the same person im thinking about then id love to see him also in a walsall shirt Magic

asimpson
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:58 pm

I would guess he would be weary of a move to Leeds due thier current situation. We could offer him more stability but leeds clearly have a bigger reputation.

He has proven he can score goals so i would be more than happy to welcome him.

And he is under 30, just!

Purple Toucan Saddler

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:06 pm

asimpson wrote:I would guess he would be weary of a move to Leeds due thier current situation. We could offer him more stability but leeds clearly have a bigger reputation.

In that case, don't give him a contract. It would be like serving a 16 year old alcohol. He just isn't old enough.

Now send him away, and tell him to come back in a couple of years when he is old enough to be a Saddler :lol:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:08 pm

Purple Toucan Saddler wrote:
asimpson wrote:I would guess he would be weary of a move to Leeds due thier current situation. We could offer him more stability but leeds clearly have a bigger reputation.

In that case, don't give him a contract. It would be like serving a 16 year old alcohol. He just isn't old enough.

Now send him away, and tell him to come back in a couple of years when he is old enough to be a Saddler :lol:

:lol: Jeef Boner, off license owner selling alcoholic blue pop to underage kids.

Duke
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:09 pm

very tasty , fingers crossed .

barnslanesaddler
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:11 pm

Sorry to put a dampner on this, i do hope its right, but I do believe Constantine is leading the Leeds attack in tonights friendly with York City

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:14 pm

May I be the first to suggest a skiffle-style song for him if he signs - something to the tune of Rock Island Line (Const An Tine)

Washboards and one-string bass at Bescot - it would be rad!

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:14 pm

barnslanesaddler wrote:Sorry to put a dampner on this, i do hope its right, but I do believe Constantine is leading the Leeds attack in tonights friendly with York City

You're not wrong. http://www.leedsunited.com/page/Newsroo ... 61,00.html

Still yet to sign though. I think they'd offer more though somehow. They shouldn't be allowed to sign ANYONE. :evil:
Last edited by Magic Man Fan on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danksy9
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:15 pm

barnslanesaddler wrote:Sorry to put a dampner on this, i do hope its right, but I do believe Constantine is leading the Leeds attack in tonights friendly with York City

Well who else is Black/mixed race and's name is Leon

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:16 pm

danksy9 wrote:

Well who else is Black/mixed race and's name is Leon

I could well have been Constantine you're on about. He's only played in a friendly for them, doesn't mean he's signed. Not likely that we'll be as big an attraction to him though.

danksy9
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:21 pm

I do agree , and what with now Healy Joining Fulham , who Knows whats going to happen. If i can try to get my old girl to take a picture if she see's him next i will post it straight on ere once i have it

Duke
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:36 pm

spoil sport :wink:

myleftknee
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:53 pm

danksy9 wrote:

Well who else is Black/half cast and's name is Leon

Just had a look on Football Manager 07, I know I'm a nerd.

There's quite a few Leon's in the league and almost all I found were half-cast, there's a lad at Southampton, Wolves, Swansea Stockport and Lincoln.

Interestingly their is apparently Leon in our youth squad, he was born in Liverpool and goes by the name of Leon Quarless.

Scooby
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:58 pm

myleftknee wrote:
danksy9 wrote:

There's quite a few Leon's in the league and almost all I found were half-cast, there's a lad at Southampton, Wolves, Swansea Stockport and Lincoln.

Interestingly their is apparently Leon in our youth squad, he was born in Liverpool and goes by the name of Leon Quarless.

Leon Quarless is very much a white skinned lad tho!!!!!

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:59 pm

myleftknee wrote:
danksy9 wrote:

Leon Best has left Southampton and has signed for someone else, can't remember who off the top of my head.

Could be Leon Clarke who was at Wolves but left for Sheff Wednesday but danksy said he didn't have a local accent.

Who are the ones at Swansea, Lincoln and Stockport?

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:05 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:Who are the ones at Swansea, Lincoln and Stockport?

Leon Britton, but he doesn't fit the description unless he's been sunning himself for a very long time.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:07 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:Who are the ones at Swansea, Lincoln and Stockport?

Leon Britton, but he doesn't fit the description unless he's been sunning himself for a very long time.

:lol: Thought it may have been Leon Knight but he moved to MK and would have been sunning himself too!

S.MURPHY

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:09 pm

leon best has just gone to cov city i think

leon clarke i thought has gone to a
south coast team

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:13 pm

S.MURPHY wrote:leon best has just gone to cov city i think

leon clarke i thought has gone to a
south coast team

Yeah, Plymouth?

danksy9
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:16 pm

If it also helps the discription that my mom gave me was he was tallish bout 6ft + broadish up top but skinny , hence why when she said his name was leon I thought straight away Constatine , Unless it's Leo , which in that case it could be Leo-Fortune West were looking at

addo
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:18 pm

I don't think that you could possibly describe Leo Fortune-West as being half caste though :shock: .

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:18 pm

danksy9 wrote:If it also helps the discription that my mom gave me was he was tallish bout 6ft + broadish up top but skinny , hence why when she said his name was leon I thought straight away Constatine , Unless it's Leo , which in that case it could be Leo-Fortune West were looking at

Don't even joke about that one! :shock:
Last edited by WFC_Rob on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

addo
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:25 pm

Confirmation from Leeds official site that he played tonight, so can't see him being in Walsall today.

No other " triallists " that might interest us included .......

United (1st half): Yga, Richardson, Marques, Parker, Westlake, Bayly, Weston, Douglas, Howson, Westlake, Constantine, Elliott.

United (2nd half): Hammann, Fry, Madden, Heath, Lewis, Carole, Prutton, Thompson, Delph, Beckford, Kandol.

Scooby
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:26 pm

Now he is in our price range and of the right age!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Scooby
UTS Regular

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:28 pm

Just to add to Leeds' shortage of strikers-Moore went to the Monkey Hangers; Healey is off to the Premiership and Blake has gone back to Burnley.

Next
Return to UTS Classics