Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

CHAMPIONS

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon May 07, 2007 9:08 am

I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of League 2 -

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls -
You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it -
I thank you all -

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise -
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -
And I ain't gonna lose -

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of League 2 -

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Mon May 07, 2007 11:40 am

What can I say? 2 Days on, and it's now sinking in, and that my twenty year wait, as a Saddler, to see us win a league title is now over.

That was my long held dream, along with a quest to see The Mighty Saddlers win at Wembley. Well one down.

Thanks to DD for giving us our club back, just 12 months after it had descended into the biggest shambolic mess, a well run club like ours, could have.

Thanks to everyone who I travelled with, drank with, hugged, danced with (both in the ground and Yates's later), and celebrated with. Anyone that I didn't hug, I can only apologise.

I had tears in me eyes at full time (and I'm sure that the legend that is Geoff Whiting, has video evidence of this, as he filmed me and Sheff celebrating on the full time whistle :D )

Wern't many people left in the ground when I departed, I just had to stay and milk it for all it was worth.

Thanks to everyone associated with Walsall FC for making me one of the happiest, proudest, drunkest, sunburntest, and emotional blokes on the planet.
Last edited by Evo Boozy Saddler on Mon May 07, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ned_Kelly
UTS Legend

Mon May 07, 2007 11:43 am

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:What can I say? 2 Days on, and it's now sinking in, and that my twenty year wait, as a Saddler, to see us win a league title is now over.

That was my long held dream, along with a quest to see The Mighty Saddlers win at Wembley. Well one down.

Thanks to DD for giving us our club back, just 12 months after it had descended into the biggest shambolic mess, a well run club like ours, could have.

Thanks to everyone who I travelled with, drank with, hugged, danced with (both in the ground and Yates's later), and celebrated. Anyone that I didn't hug, I can only apologise.

I had tears in me eyes at full time (and I'm sure that the legend that is Geoff Whiting, has video evidence of this, as he filmed me and Sheff celebrating on the full time whistle :D )

Wern't many people left in the ground when I departed, I just had to stay and milk it for all it was worth.

Thanks to everyone associated with Walsall FC for making me one of the happiest, proudest, drunkest, sunburntest, and emotional blokes on the planet.

Ahmen.... and tomorrow night we get to celebrate all over again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Mon May 07, 2007 11:54 am

Ned_Kelly wrote:
Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:What can I say? 2 Days on, and it's now sinking in, and that my twenty year wait, as a Saddler, to see us win a league title is now over.

Thanks to everyone who I travelled with, drank with, hugged, danced with (both in the ground and Yates's later), and celebrated. Anyone that I didn't hug, I can only apologise.

Ahmen.... and tomorrow night we get to celebrate all over again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, Well said Evo!
Celebrated last night, again tonight and tomorrow! :lol:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Mon May 07, 2007 12:31 pm

Thanks to everyone who I travelled with, drank with, hugged, danced with (both in the ground and Yates's later), and celebrated with. Anyone that I didn't hug, I can only apologise.

You are much too kind Evo mate, but all the same, to be described as a legend by a great guy like yourself is an honour, and you just don't know how much I appreciate that.

You are quite right mate, I've just been viewing my stills and video clips, and there are great (sorry if I'm blowing my own trumpet here, but yes, GREAT) vids of you and Sheff, and a little later you and Cueball, in manly but tearful hugs ! :lol: Our Chris too, shouting at the camera (God he's got a big gob) and kissing the badge, these and many more will be memories that will live with me for ever.

I hear myself shouting "Never in Doubt" at my mate Beanie (from my local The Prince of Wales, who I found to be sitting just in front of me - er-r-r that's Beanie, not The Prince of Wales) and to Dave Roe. Thinking back, I must say that was one highly inaccurate statement ! :lol:

I've sent the vid and stills to Linda, who has very kindly offered to put them up on the board for me as I have to admit I don't know how to do that yet. Just hope the files aren't too big for her to handle (although [poor-taste joke coming up] I don't think she normally has problems handling big things :D ). Sorry Linda, slap me next time you see me, although hopefully Lager will have dulled the memory and you'll have forgotten by then! :?

I really hope this works, as the Evo huggy shots are really worth a look.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon May 07, 2007 1:06 pm

Womderful reading all the accounts of a great day, and what it means to so many.

I am very, very tempted to spoil it all with an Ode to the Champions. :twisted:

Duke
Site Addict

Mon May 07, 2007 1:15 pm

King Crimson wrote:Womderful reading all the accounts of a great day, and what it means to so many.

:idea: go on KC , you know you want to :D

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon May 07, 2007 1:28 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Womderful reading all the accounts of a great day, and what it means to so many.

:idea: go on KC , you know you want to :D

Sod it! Done in a flash! :?

Pelsall_Saddler

Mon May 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Absolute top day out at Swindon, and great celebrations afterwards. Well done Walsall FC and fellow fans.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Mon May 07, 2007 2:05 pm

Must admit I thought it would die down but it has gone the complete opposite. Ive had a few conversations and people have told me stories of their day which has been truly wonderful. I have lost count the amount of times I have requested we are the champions on radio stations as I have been driving along.

Tomorrow we get chance to celebrate again and meet up for one final time before we go away and re-charge our batteries to have a good go next season.

I CANNOT get rid of this grin off my face.

I LOVE WALSALL FC!!

Lukeyboy
UTS Legend

Mon May 07, 2007 9:19 pm

cracking weekend!!!!! brill to see us do it at swindon and to top it off my dad had £20 for us to win the league at the start of the season!! the beers and champagne were on him!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Mon May 07, 2007 9:25 pm

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdDQi_M3Vnk[/youtube]

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Mon May 07, 2007 10:42 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:

You are much too kind Evo mate, but all the same, to be described as a legend by a great guy like yourself is an honour, and you just don't know how much I appreciate that.

You are quite right mate, I've just been viewing my stills and video clips, and there are great (sorry if I'm blowing my own trumpet here, but yes, GREAT) vids of you and Sheff, and a little later you and Cueball, in manly but tearful hugs ! :lol: Our Chris too, shouting at the camera (God he's got a big gob) and kissing the badge, these and many more will be memories that will live with me for ever.

I hear myself shouting "Never in Doubt" at my mate Beanie (from my local The Prince of Wales, who I found to be sitting just in front of me - er-r-r that's Beanie, not The Prince of Wales) and to Dave Roe. Thinking back, I must say that was one highly inaccurate statement ! :lol:

I've sent the vid and stills to Linda, who has very kindly offered to put them up on the board for me as I have to admit I don't know how to do that yet. Just hope the files aren't too big for her to handle (although [poor-taste joke coming up] I don't think she normally has problems handling big things :D ). Sorry Linda, slap me next time you see me, although hopefully Lager will have dulled the memory and you'll have forgotten by then! :?

I really hope this works, as the Evo huggy shots are really worth a look.

I've not had the video Geoff :cry: and as for handling big things well I should be so lucky :wink:

Banksy
UTS Veteran

Tue May 08, 2007 10:36 am

The best day ever saturday i was informed on the night that my niece had been born so now i can brag that my niece was born the day Walsall won the champoinship!

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue May 08, 2007 11:15 am

Banksy wrote:The best day ever saturday i was informed on the night that my niece had been born so now i can brag that my niece was born the day Walsall won the champoinship!

Say hello and congratulations to Helen for me. :wink:

Banksy
UTS Veteran

Tue May 08, 2007 11:51 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Banksy wrote:The best day ever saturday i was informed on the night that my niece had been born so now i can brag that my niece was born the day Walsall won the champoinship!

Will do, whats ya name so she knows who you are or will she know as magic man fan?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Tue May 08, 2007 11:54 am

Banksy wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Will do, whats ya name so she knows who you are or will she know as magic man fan?

She'll know mate.

concretehippo

Tue May 08, 2007 12:04 pm

What a memorable Saturday.

It highlighted everything that makes football so special.

Thanks to everyone at Walsall Football Club that made this happen.

Thanks to the admin of upthesaddlers.com for providing a way for fellow fans to get to know each other outside of just the matches themselves.

Thanks to all the members of upthesaddlers.com for widening the base of friends to celebrate occassions like this with.

Thanks to the Swindon fans, players, and officials for making us feel so welcome and congratulating us and celebrating with us in our moment of triumph.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue May 08, 2007 12:58 pm

Very proud day for the team, club and our fanbase.

Well done Richard for turning round the decline of our club
Well done the players for getting the job done when it matters - you have all earned your names in Saddlers folklore.
Well done all the fans. Maybe a stint in this Division gave us back our love for this team and game after all the previous season's nonsense.

Onwards and upwards for next season.
Up the Saddlers.

Stourbridge_Andy

Tue May 08, 2007 6:50 pm

Derby Saddler wrote 'Maybe a stint in this Division gave us back our love for this team and game after all the previous season's nonsense'

Definitely - lets carry on where we left off at Swindon so that next season Bescot is less like a library and more like a football ground

Pooliekev

Wed May 09, 2007 4:27 am

Aye well done.

Sorry to be so long in offering the congrats, I had a bit of celebrating to do myself! Straight back up after one season was worth breaking the drought for!!

If we have the same competition next season, I suspect both sets of fans will be ecstatic, but don't forget, it's our turn next year!!

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2007 8:05 am

Pooliekev wrote:Aye well done.

Sorry to be so long in offering the congrats, I had a bit of celebrating to do myself! Straight back up after one season was worth breaking the drought for!!

If we have the same competition next season, I suspect both sets of fans will be ecstatic, but don't forget, it's our turn next year!!

No problem, we'll take 2nd this time next year then, and let you guys have a well-deserved trophy. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 09, 2007 11:05 pm

Cheers mate, let's make next year a season to remember too - for all the right reasons! :wink:

Chezzo_saddler

Thu May 10, 2007 9:31 am

Anyone finished partying yet?

RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

Thu May 10, 2007 9:13 pm

Chezzo_saddler wrote:Anyone finished partying yet?

you never started- under age :wink:

UTS Legend

Fri May 11, 2007 6:32 am

Where are you in China?

You are welcome to join the Hong Kong Saddlers' celebrations on Friday 18th at a venue yet to be decided.

After all, it's just next door.

Burnside
UTS Regular

Fri May 11, 2007 5:36 pm

Fabulous Season. Well done Richard, the backroom staff and everyone. :!:

Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

Fri May 11, 2007 8:58 pm

Superb season!! Glad I could be a part of it!

Matt'sdad

Sat May 12, 2007 1:11 pm

After 3 weeks of being without my computer, and now having gone through over 400 e-mails, I'm now catching up with UTS.

First of all , CONGRATULATIONS to all connected to Walsall FC on delivering the Championship, and as a supporter for over 50 years, it makes me very proud to be fan.

Linking to another post, I do remember the last time we were champions and also the following season when we went up to the old "Division 2"....... happy days.

This is what makes football a great game, the opportunities are there for every team, we have our ups and downs, but aren't the good times good.

I met some of you in Torquay and I was hoping to get to the Wrexham match, unfortunately, that was not possible. I,ve now seen all the photographs and videos from the Swindon game...thanks to all the contributors. :D :D

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat May 12, 2007 1:45 pm

Matt'sdad wrote:After 3 weeks of being without my computer, and now having gone through over 400 e-mails, I'm now catching up with UTS.

First of all , CONGRATULATIONS to all connected to Walsall FC on delivering the Championship, and as a supporter for over 50 years, it makes me very proud to be fan.

Linking to another post, I do remember the last time we were champions and also the following season when we went up to the old "Division 2"....... happy days.

This is what makes football a great game, the opportunities are there for every team, we have our ups and downs, but aren't the good times good.

I met some of you in Torquay and I was hoping to get to the Wrexham match, unfortunately, that was not possible. I,ve now seen all the photographs and videos from the Swindon game...thanks to all the contributors. :D :D

There's another video up there now, couldn't sort out how to get it on 'til today. :D

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then