Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Swindon (A)- Saturday 05/05/07

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Swindon (A)- Saturday 05/05/07

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:30 pm

Well it had to be started a week early didnt it???

I think it will be 1-1 and Hartlepool will draw 1-1 also.

WE WILL BE CHAMPIONS

Zece_WFC
UTS Regular

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:31 pm

3-2 win with nearly 4000 Walsall fans!

Don't care who scores as long as we match Hartlepool's resutl

pco_walsall
UTS Regular

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:37 pm

2-1 to walsall
Ishy
Wrack
hartlepool drawing 1-1

Championes championes ole ole ole

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:39 pm

1-0 win in the last few minutes, by that time I will be needing oxygen and a gibbering wreck! :lol:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:41 pm

Kiansmom wrote:1-0 win in the last few minutes, by that time I will be needing oxygen and a gibbering wreck! :lol:

Whose going to get that goal Lin, Pead? :wink:

handsworth saddler

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:42 pm

2-1 Walsall

Winning with a last minute goal.

Kiansmom
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:43 pm

YGA Saddler wrote:
Kiansmom wrote:1-0 win in the last few minutes, by that time I will be needing oxygen and a gibbering wreck! :lol:

Whose going to get that goal Lin, Pead? :wink:

wow that would just about make my season :D

Frog Saddler

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:53 pm

Hi all. Can anyone answer the following questions for me:

Is next week at Swindon all ticket? Are there still tickets available behind the goal? Finally if I phone up on Monday, will the club post your tickets to an address outside of Walsall as I can't go up there and collect.

Have read the umpteen posts about it and among the winking and swooshes, I can't figure out what's what.

Any help would be really appreciated. I really want to go, especially after today's result, and will be bringing a pair of Aussie Saddlers converts.

Cheers, FS.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:55 pm

Frog Saddler wrote:Hi all. Can anyone answer the following questions for me:

Is next week at Swindon all ticket? Are there still tickets available behind the goal? Finally if I phone up on Monday, will the club post your tickets to an address outside of Walsall as I can't go up there and collect.

Have read the umpteen posts about it and among the winking and swooshes, I can't figure out what's what.

Any help would be really appreciated. I really want to go, especially after today's result, and will be bringing a pair of Aussie Saddlers converts.

Cheers, FS.

Aussie Saddlers .... are they female :wink:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:02 pm

Cheers, FS.

It will be touch and go mate, especially with the queue outside the ticket office after the game today. You cant do nothing but wait and phone Monday, I wouldnt count on it though mate.

Fred Mumford

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:02 pm

Pedro wrote:

Cheers, FS.

Aussie Saddlers .... are they female :wink:

will they need some mumford loving?

handsworth saddler

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:03 pm

Is next week at Swindon all ticket? Yes
Are there still tickets available behind the goal? There were today before the game but I wouldn't think so now.
Finally if I phone up on Monday, will the club post your tickets to an address outside of Walsall as I can't go up there and collect. Might do but need to ask.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:12 pm

Oooooooh, massive game.

This one really is too close to call. Having seen who Hartlepool had sent off today though, I can't see them beating Bristol Rovers, and that's not just be being optimistic.

A point could well be enough I reckon.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:18 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:Oooooooh, massive game.

This one really is too close to call. Having seen who Hartlepool had sent off today though, I can't see them beating Bristol Rovers, and that's not just be being optimistic.

Yes, but I'd prefer we do it ourselves rather than look over our shoulders. A win and the title is ours, thats all we have to do, and the players should be fully focussed on that.

As someone else has said, it's a real shame we didnt win last week as we'd have been crowned champions today.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:19 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:Oooooooh, massive game.

Yes, but I'd prefer we do it ourselves rather than look over our shoulders. A win and the title is ours, thats all we have to do, and the players should be fully focussed on that.

As someone else has said, it's a real shame we didnt win last week as we'd have been crowned champions today.

Wouldnt have, wed be 3 points clear but with a match to play

Saddler4Life
UTS Regular

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:28 pm

a 1 - 0 win!
with Keatesy scoring his last goal for the club and getting the top goalscorer award too!

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:28 pm

We will draw

Fred Mumford

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:30 pm

cheesebag wrote:We will draw

what? The curtains? A picture of a prosthetic limb? A raffle ticket out of a trilby?

you are a bender cheese cheese cheese bag bag cheese baggy bag bag

love yow x x x x x

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:49 pm

Intriguing fixtures! How I love football!

deanonev69
Glitterati

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:28 pm

handsworth saddler wrote:Is next week at Swindon all ticket? Yes
Are there still tickets available behind the goal? There were today before the game but I wouldn't think so now.
Finally if I phone up on Monday, will the club post your tickets to an address outside of Walsall as I can't go up there and collect. Might do but need to ask.

They will send to an outside Walsall address-they even sent me Cardiff tickets for Boxing Day a couple of years ago despite having a Cardiff postcode!!!

deanonev69
Glitterati

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Oh and Walsall 2 Swindon 1.

And i'll be in tears by about 69 minutes!!!

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:53 pm

Frog Saddler wrote:I really want to go, especially after today's result, and will be bringing a pair of Aussie Saddlers convicts.

Cheers, FS.

That's better :mrgreen:

1-0 Swindon victory, in a massive anticlimax, leading to a Money Out banner being unfurled at the ground, and fifteen separate threads on how we should have won at Bury, ad we're coming straight back down next season as the squad is terrible.

The threads are immediately replaced by twenty different 'champions' threads, as news of a late winner for Brizzle filters through to the armchair fans.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:13 pm

Exile wrote:
Frog Saddler wrote:I really want to go, especially after today's result, and will be bringing a pair of Aussie Saddlers convicts.

Cheers, FS.

That's better :mrgreen:

1-0 Swindon victory, in a massive anticlimax, leading to a Money Out banner being unfurled at the ground, and fifteen separate threads on how we should have won at Bury, ad we're coming straight back down next season as the squad is terrible.

The threads are immediately replaced by twenty different 'champions' threads, as news of a late winner for Brizzle filters through to the armchair fans.

That would be funny.....if it wasn't true :? :D

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:05 am

1-0 away win Butler to score the all important goal on 60 minutes.

UP THE SUPER SADDLERS

Frog Saddler

Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:52 am

Ok thanks for the advice. Not too hopeful of being in luck now, but I can but try on Monday. And sorry fellas, the convicts are blokes.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:28 am

Frog Saddler wrote:Ok thanks for the advice. Not too hopeful of being in luck now, but I can but try on Monday. And sorry fellas, the convicts are blokes.

I can't see why you wont get a ticket, how many we got 3200 is it ?

Be easy on in my opinion

Chomper
UTS Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:01 pm

I really don't want to predict anything in this game.

So i won't...

Come on you REEEEEEDDDDDDSSSSS

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:56 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Frog Saddler wrote:Ok thanks for the advice. Not too hopeful of being in luck now, but I can but try on Monday. And sorry fellas, the convicts are blokes.

I can't see why you wont get a ticket, how many we got 3200 is it ?

Be easy on in my opinion

Not sure after yesterday mate. Lots of people will go now we have a chance of getting the title, same as they went to County.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Was only 2500 at County :D

Seriously though probably 3500 at notts county, We may take 3000 but can't see it being any more.

Don't care anyway i have got my ticket, i bought it in hope of jumping on the bandwagon :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:46 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:Was only 2500 at County :D

Seriously though probably 3500 at notts county, We may take 3000 but can't see it being any more.

Don't care anyway i have got my ticket, i bought it in hope of jumping on the bandwagon :wink:

We've only got 3000 tickets so that would be perfect. :D

Next
Return to 2006-07 Season