Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Darlington (A) League - Saturday 03/03/2007

Reports and reaction from the 2006-07 season as Walsall finished 1st (C) in League 2
philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:13 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:I would aslo imagine that constable was on a lot less money in wages

Well I cant really imagine us paying that much more to an unproven swede on a 6 month contract...

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:15 am

saddlerken wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Why is that rubbish?

We got hard cash for a player that wasn't featuring in the first team. We replaced him with a foreign import on a free who doesn't really feature in the first team. Footballing wise we are in no stronger a position [hence why i tend to agree with Mark and co on this], but cash flow wise, we are.

£16k being a crucial factor in him leaving? That is rubbish

The cash was only a minor bonus that we were able to offload the one dimensional donkey

The only problem I have with teh whole scenario is that we have replaced him with anotrher donkey so it seems

...for nothing.

So which ever way you look at it, we're £16k up.

I can see the conversation now:

JB: Alrite Paul [taylor]...
PT: Alrite Jeff
JB: Can you get us a striker in on a free, on cheap money, until the end of the season when we know which league we'll be in?
PT: Of course...
JB: Great, i'll get on the phone to kiddy and sell off JC

saddlerken
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:22 am

Wasn't DD 'tracking' Cedertree for ages? Don't think even Taylor could claim this misfit

DD obviously didn't rate JC hence getting rid, the money we received must surely have been a side issue

It's not always JB's doing, you're too suspicious

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:44 am

saddlerken wrote:Wasn't DD 'tracking' Cedertree for ages? Don't think even Taylor could claim this misfit

DD obviously didn't rate JC hence getting rid, the money we received must surely have been a side issue

It's not always JB's doing, you're too suspicious

But you are not allowed to blame DD for anything on here, didn't you know :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:11 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:I would aslo imagine that constable was on a lot less money in wages

Well I cant really imagine us paying that much more to an unproven swede on a 6 month contract...

Wanna bet?

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:13 pm

I don't know, but in my mind i imagined Constable was on a relitavely low wage compared to the rest of the squad, and that Par, would have been close to one of the top earners just to get him to come.

But i will let the guys that know argue that one out

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:15 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:I don't know, but in my mind i imagined Constable was on a relitavely low wage compared to the rest of the squad, and that Par, would have been close to one of the top earners just to get him to come.

But i will let the guys that know argue that one out

It's not so much the wages but the "hidden costs" in bringing him here I would imagine.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:18 pm

Pay him by the goal, should be cheap enough then :roll:

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:25 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:But you are not allowed to blame DD for anything on here, didn't you know :wink:

Many a true word spoken in jest :roll:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:29 pm

Dave Roe wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:But you are not allowed to blame DD for anything on here, didn't you know :wink:

Many a true word spoken in jest :roll:

We could pay per shot and still get a good deal.

Previous
Return to 2006-07 Season