Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Oliver Hewitt - aka Jolysaddler

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
coxy_saddler
UTS Veteran

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:09 pm

philthesaddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:It goes without saying that count me in for any contributions.

I have spoken to Rich who has spoken to Oli's family again.

They like the idea of a tribute at the match but are going away for a few days to collect their thoughts and want to leave it a while so it won't be this Saturday.

We'll follow the family's lead. They know how much he was in to WFC, and they'll want to be part of any tribute.

Still a few choruses of "Joly is a Saddler" are due for this saturday.

Absolutley

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:09 pm

Phil count me in with any tributes to him. Ill help fund for a brick. I'll be in the saddlers club on Saturday aswell to raise a glass for the tall one.

Evo, Ill set up a book of condolence if thats what UTS wants me to do.

Stu
UTS Legend

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Sing a bit louder for me then, as I'm actually away this weekend.

I know how hard it was for me to deal with my stepfather dying way before his time aged just 40, but I can't even begin to think of how his family must be feeling.

Still difficult to fathom that someone 3 years younger than me who I spoke to 3/4 weeks ago has passed away.

Now the players owe him a bit on Saturday.

Joe90
Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:15 pm

wfc_2uk wrote:Phil count me in with any tributes to him. Ill help fund for a brick. I'll be in the saddlers club on Saturday aswell to raise a glass for the tall one.

Evo, Ill set up a book of condolence if thats what UTS wants me to do.

I think a book is a cracking idea Kev.

Saddler Jim
UTS Regular

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Having just come on line and picking this thread up,I knew Jolly, and at the moment I am in utter shoke,and still don't believe the news.He was a smashing bloke,and always had time to stop and have a chat about a certain Football club.and I have to admit that I have shed a few tears since reading the news,it will put a bit of a downer on tomorrow night, but knowing him he would prefer us to raise a glass to him rather than feel sad.God bless you mate,what a waste. :cry: :cry:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:20 pm

I don't know about a brick but with all the people I've spoke to today and what I've read on here we might be able to fund the new stand, he means that much to everyone.

Stonnall_Saddler

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:22 pm

Me and Joly didnt get on at the start, but we were going to meet up next away game and have a pint and a chat, a guess this just proves how cruel life is.

Live life everyday to its full, beacause you never know when its going to be took away

R.I.P Ollie
:(

Im not afraid either that ive shed a tear over this whole thing, gutting
Last edited by Stonnall_Saddler on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:25 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:I don't know about a brick but with all the people I've spoke to today and what I've read on here we might be able to fund the new stand, he means that much to everyone.

I know Mark, just goes to show what a top bloke he really was. He will be truly missed by us all.

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:25 pm

I've never met the guy but am in a state of shock about the news. His posts were always interesting and a pleasure to read. I will be in the Saddlers Club on Saturday and will raise a glass to him.

Count me in for a donation to the cost of a brick - that's a great idea.

RIP Joly, the board will be a poorer place without you.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:26 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:I don't know about a brick but with all the people I've spoke to today and what I've read on here we might be able to fund the new stand, he means that much to everyone.

Your totally right there MMF.

I'm still still deeply stunned. :cry:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:28 pm

phil, i think the minutes applause is most fitting, obviously my opinion counts for nothing, its ollies family who will decide. still cant believe this.

Percie
Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:30 pm

Gutted, can't believe it. Knew him since Port Vale away last season. Instantly started discussing the Pro and Fifa debate. Went to every away game with him after that, even had a lift off him a few times. Great person to be around, very intelligent too.

My thoughts are with his family. Top, top bloke. I'll miss you mate.

WS7 Saddler

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:34 pm

Im gutted by this news, Jorge 14 let me know about this 45 mins ago and I was speechless, still am to be honest.

Got to know him quite well this season, especially throughout the Merson Out campaign and even joined him down the Swan the night Merson had been sacked.

RIP Joly, you were a true Walsall Fan.

WalsallCasual

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:43 pm

Tragic news. My thought are with his family and friends.

R.I.P JolySaddler

"Once a Saddler always a Saddler!"

dingle till i die

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:44 pm

this is a genuine apology.so so sorry too hear the news about the young walsall fan.i didnt realise and will stop the winding up.footie pales into insignificance when something like this happens.sheer condolences too his family and all that knew him

Baldrick

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:44 pm

Didn't know him in person, only from his posts on UTS.

Absolutely no justice when there's so much scum about , they say the good die young. How true is that?

My thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P. Joly Saddler.

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:47 pm

dingle till i die wrote:this is a genuine apology.so so sorry too hear the news about the young walsall fan.i didnt realise and will stop the winding up.footie pales into insignificance when something like this happens.sheer condolences too his family and all that knew him

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

sean511
UTS Regular

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:50 pm

dingle till i die wrote:this is a genuine apology.so so sorry too hear the news about the young walsall fan.i didnt realise and will stop the winding up.footie pales into insignificance when something like this happens.sheer condolences too his family and all that knew him

well done mate.

toffo
UTS Regular

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:52 pm

Shocked and stunned not much else to say.
Never met him but just want to express my sadness.
My thoughts go out to his family and close friends.
R.I.P. Joly

sj
Site Addict

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:54 pm

It's a sad day-- Rest in Peace---JolySaddler

andy__vh

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:56 pm

Didnt know Joly but i have read his posts on UTS and i'm in utter shock and stunned to be honest. It puts everything into perspective. Its so sad to hear the news.

matty_walsall4eva
UTS Veteran

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:56 pm

i didnt really know him but my thoughts go out to all his family and close friends
RIP MATE

simonoconnor88

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:57 pm

RIP Jolysaddler !!!!!! you will be missed by all of us :cry: :shock:

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:03 pm

Still stunned. Was only a month ago, I was stuck on the M11 with him on the way to Southend. He was being as entertaining as ever.

What a bloke. RIP again.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:05 pm

Mrs and me both extreamly upset, strange really for someone we didnt' know that well. I stopped off at Tesco on the way back and got a couple of bottles of vino, will toast the big fellow tonight. Image

Stonnall_Saddler

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:05 pm

I think there should be a message on the homepage of UTS, and a link to Kev's book of condolence

R.I.P Ollie

Joe90
Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:06 pm

Stonnall_Saddler wrote:I think there should be a message on the homepage of UTS, and a link to Kev's book of condolence

R.I.P Ollie

Good call.

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:07 pm

This is absolutely shocking news-I spoke to him briefly at a couple of recent homes.My condolences to all his family and friends.

Glitterati

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:10 pm

Don't really know what to say, very shocked. My thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P. Joly, True Saddler

Pedro
UTS Legend

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:12 pm

Was shocked when my brother txt me at work with the news.

Got to no Joly threw the message board, and was only speaking to him Friday about the blackpool away game

I'll join you guys tomorrow for a drink in his memory and put any money towards a brick, or maybe something else related to Walsall F.C like sponsering a match or the match ball

As a memory on here,maybe we could rename the message board the Jolysaddler Message Board as a long lasting memory to him

RIP Joly

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then