Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Kevan Broadhurst

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
Another_Guest

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:02 pm

Registered Saddler wrote:I can't believe he's being criticised for not being a success at Bristol Rovers! He was caretaker manager and won half his games!!!

Wasn't Sir Ray Graydon a failure at Bristol?

"Past performance may not be indicative of future results. Therefore, you. should not assume that the future performance of any specific investment..."

May contain nuts - or are they all on here.

Geordiesaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:11 pm

Yep let's give him full support, If he keeps us up then he will have earned a place in our history because right now we look doomed.

However I have one rider to that, if he plays Merson then that truely is the end of the road for me until JB goes.

I'm delighted Merson has gone and at least we have a qualified manager at the helm, but he has to be his own man - I am sure he will be from what he has said about his appointment. Let's just get back to being a proper football club instead of Fred Carno's circus, like we have been under Merson. If we fail we fail, but at least their is an air of normality again.

Looking on a positive note, he does have a decent reputation as a coach and knows us pretty well. I'd forgotton he played for us until I read that - I do actually remember him playing now until he got injured.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:14 pm

Maybe the statement should have read "KevAn will be in charge until the end of the season and whether he is here after that depends on whether he re-signs Paul Merson" :roll:

Joe90
Glitterati

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:14 pm

Just had an email from a Northampton supporting friend.

It said simply:

"Kevan Broadhurst? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Best of luck. You'll need it"

:shock:

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:15 pm

To be honest, I was more apprehensive when Merson was announced as player manager, than I am with the announcement of KB. I think because we've had some relatively big names linked, it's a bit disappointing.

I'm not bothered with KB in charge, if he's got any sense, he'll get the team in to shape, settled and scoring goals, which is all I want.

What I am a little pissed off about is that Bonser said he'd be appointing the 'Best Man For the Job' - which if you look at the definates who have applied and their CV's, Kevan Broadhurst clearly isnt, meaning other, none football factors influenced Bonser's decision

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Another positive is that Ke-van Broad-hurst fits the Barmy Army song better.

sid swifty
Glitterati

well i honestly dont know what to say...but he cant be any worse than merson can he...? who knows he may be a great success and we may be in a position to go up next year...you cant just run a guy down because he was'nt the name anyone expected can you...lets give him a chance eh...?...and even if we go down he could'nt be blamed for that could he...? come on saddlers fans we needed a manager more than a well known name before the next match so lets get behind the guy...BROADHURST IS OUR LEADER...LA..LA,LA..LA...LA..LA,LA..LA... :D

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:17 pm

Joe90 wrote:Just had an email from a Northampton supporting friend.

It said simply:

Same here. There are several Cobblers supporters working here and their reaction is pretty much the same! :shock:

sid swifty
Glitterati

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:17 pm

It said simply:

SOUR GRAPES...?..

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:18 pm

I think the disappoinment is aimed at Bonser rather than Broadhurts fault, i will support the bloke, because he has been put in as our manager, however i think the disappoinment stems from the fact we could have had a better person in charge i.e lewington, platt, aldridge etc. I dont know what he is thinking.

KJC
UTS Legend

Location: Not 'staying away' as any kind of protest. I've just found something better to do on a Saturday.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:19 pm

sid swifty wrote:well i honestly dont know what to say...but he cant be any worse than merson can he...? who knows he may be a great success and we may be in a position to go up next year...you cant just run a guy down because he was'nt the name anyone expected can you...lets give him a chance eh...?...and even if we go down he could'nt be blamed for that could he...? come on saddlers fans we needed a manager more than a well known name before the next match so lets get behind the guy...BROADHURST IS OUR LEADER...LA..LA,LA..LA...LA..LA,LA..LA... :D

Those are my feelings too... good post me ol' steak n kidney!

Joe90
Glitterati

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:19 pm

It said simply:

Actually, he's just followed up that email with...

"Seriously. Never had a problem with him. Was Kevin Wilson's assistant then when we sacked Kevin he took over and improved things... Nothing fancy just solid football. You could probably do a lot worse."

So maybe it's not so bad.

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:20 pm

wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:I think the disappoinment is aimed at Bonser rather than Broadhurts fault, i will support the bloke, because he has been put in as our manager, however i think the disappoinment stems from the fact we could have had a better person in charge i.e lewington, platt, aldridge etc. I dont know what he is thinking.

The ultimate professional injured? :twisted:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:21 pm

wfc_2uk wrote:
wednesbury Saddler METFAN wrote:I think the disappoinment is aimed at Bonser rather than Broadhurts fault, i will support the bloke, because he has been put in as our manager, however i think the disappoinment stems from the fact we could have had a better person in charge i.e lewington, platt, aldridge etc. I dont know what he is thinking.

The ultimate professional injured? :twisted:

:D subliminal message :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:22 pm

Good luck Kevan!

Unfortunately, I can't see where the points are going to come from :?

Stu
UTS Legend

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:24 pm

That was my initial reaction, however after sitting down and thinking about it reasonably, my biggest disappointment is that even Bonser doesn't seem to have full faith in him, hence the short term contract.

If he is the man, bloody well back him Bonser, give him 18 months to turn around the mess that your friend has left us in.

All we want is stability at the club, both in terms of managers, playing staff and off the pitch decisions.

PerStener
UTS Veteran

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:26 pm

Congratulations to all moaners who once again will have something to moan about.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope this thread is saved and put over to "You Said That Then".

The Uttoxeter Saddler

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:27 pm

My opinion for what it's worth...

I've never heard of the guy and the stats on his record don't look all that impressive. However' if he keeps us up, I really won't give a s**t. I think he's got his work cut out for him in any event so fair play to him for taking a risk. No disrespect to him, but he's only ever gonna be a lower league manager, so it hardly looks ambitious with a view to getting us back in the Championship.

Bonsor has clearly taken the cheap option which is the bit that really pi**es me off...the bloke has got the mentality of a Blackpool seaside landlady.

Bottom line, I'll still be cheering the lads on.

UTS!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:29 pm

The Uttoxeter Saddler wrote:My opinion for what it's worth...

I've never heard of the guy and the stats on his record don't look all that impressive. However' if he keeps us up, I really won't give a s**t. I think he's got his work cut out for him in any event so fair play to him for taking a risk. No disrespect to him, but he's only ever gonna be a lower league manager, so it hardly looks ambitious with a view to getting us back in the Championship.

Bonsor has clearly taken the cheap option which is the bit that really pi**es me off...the bloke has got the mentality of a Blackpool seaside landlady.

Bottom line, I'll still be cheering the lads on.

UTS!

Yes I agree with that opinion

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:30 pm

The Uttoxeter Saddler wrote:

:lol: :?: :shock: What, putting 4 of you in a room the size of a Vauxhall Movano with a window the size of you average mobile phone screen?

*speaks from experience*

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:31 pm

:shock: Were did that come from talk about the cheap option
its bloody disgusting ive always fully supported JB in all he as done for WFC on this i dont Division here we come

London Saddler

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:36 pm

We wait 2 weeks for this!

Actually why not? We have been thinking and behaving as a div 2 outfit for some time now. Like selling our best players on the cheap. Falling attendances. Reserve team loanees who cant get into div 1 teams. Signing div 2 standard players like Keates and Barrowman. So why not go for a crap, failed div 2 ex manager?

We needed an appointment to inspire and unite the fans. What we get is an appointment that makes me wishing we had just re-appointed Merse instead!!!!! Thats how desperate i see this appointment as you only have to check my previous threads to know how anti-Merse i was and still am

Most on this board predicted the scenario we are in regarding relegation since the beginning of last season. Relegation this season was for me a certainity but with this appointment is now just a formality. Well let me make another prediction. 1 year from now we will be struggling towards the bottom of div 2 and fighting to avoid being relegated to non league football

Joe90
Glitterati

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:36 pm

DAVEDEAN wrote::shock: Were did that come from talk about the cheap option
its bloody disgusting ive always fully supported JB in all he as done for WFC on this i dont Division here we come

Love the way you've left your options open on which division there Dave!

sid swifty
Glitterati

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:39 pm

MAYBE THIS IS THE CHEAP OPTION...HE MAY JUST HAVE THE JOB UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON...AND PERHAPS JB IS WAITING FOR HIS REAL TARGET BE OUT OF CONTRACT...STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...SO LETS ALL GO WITH JBs FLOW SHALL WE...?...AND SEE WHAT JOURNEY HE TAKES US ON...IT MAY BE THE WALTZERS OR THE GHOST TRAIN...I TALK SOME RUBBISH SOMETIMES DONT I...?...BUT I WILL POST IT ANYWAY... :roll:

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:42 pm

Joe90 wrote:
DAVEDEAN wrote::shock: Were did that come from talk about the cheap option

Love the way you've left your options open on which division there Dave!

:oops: 2 joe trust me

nice to see you posting again

CSFC

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:43 pm

Some of you lot make me sick. You ask for someone who knows what he's doing, so we appoint a highly qualified and experienced manager with two successful relegation battles to his name having been appointed when things were grim (a 100% success rate) and you still bloody well moan!

You are an embarrassment to the club. Stupid Fans Out Save Our Club.

Broadhurst has HAD NO success at Bristol Rovers or Northampton

Prime example. Sorry for singling out whoever it was, I could quote others too. He SAVED Northampton from relegation and he SAVED Bristol Rovers from relegation. If this isn't success, I don't know what is.

I'm so ashamed to be associated with some of you lot right now :oops:

YGA Saddler
Glitterati

London Saddler wrote:We wait 2 weeks for this!

Actually why not? We have been thinking and behaving as a div 2 outfit for some time now. Like selling our best players on the cheap. Falling attendances. Reserve team loanees who cant get into div 1 teams. Signing div 2 standard players like Keates and Barrowman. So why not go for a crap, failed div 2 ex manager?

We needed an appointment to inspire and unite the fans. What we get is an appointment that makes me wishing we had just re-appointed Merse instead!!!!! Thats how desperate i see this appointment as you only have to check my previous threads to know how anti-Merse i was and still am

Most on this board predicted the scenario we are in regarding relegation since the beginning of last season. Relegation this season was for me a certainity but with this appointment is now just a formality. Well let me make another prediction. 1 year from now we will be struggling towards the bottom of div 2 and fighting to avoid being relegated to non league football

Here Here

Mirek

I think this is more subliminal

The ultimate professional scores 3 against the old enemy

Mike T

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:44 pm

sid swifty wrote:MAYBE THIS IS THE CHEAP OPTION...HE MAY JUST HAVE THE JOB UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON...AND PERHAPS JB IS WAITING FOR HIS REAL TARGET BE OUT OF CONTRACT...STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...SO LETS ALL GO WITH JBs FLOW SHALL WE...?...AND SEE WHAT JOURNEY HE TAKES US ON...IT MAY BE THE WALTZERS OR THE GHOST TRAIN...I TALK SOME RUBBISH SOMETIMES DONT I...?...BUT I WILL POST IT ANYWAY... :roll:

Nah that's not rubbish.. I see the journey ahead like driving a car down a bumpy road in winter holding a cup of coffee...some may spill out of the cup into my crotch burning me badly and some may go down my throat and warm me for some of the trip. The new appointment may produce some scalding and some warming but let's see what happens.......Now that's rubbish :D

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:44 pm

Best case scenario: He saves us, we do well next season

Worst Case scenario: We get relegated, manager is sacked, leaving free for all end of the season, last game at barnsley there are riots and Bonser admits hes wrong :D

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then