Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1: 2017-18 - Intro & Latest Table

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1: 2017-18 - Intro & Latest Table

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Updated table after the penultimate prediction week. Generally a poor week score wise as there were some surprising results but a couple of people managed to get more than 2 points. One of whom won the week with 4 points, which was Welsh Saddler, so well done to him!

There a few p-p games this Tues evening, so a chance for some last minute points, before the FINAL prediction week of the season this coming Saturday!
One last push from people and there a few positions up for grabs!

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat May 05, 2018 11:09 pm

looks like i ended my first season mid table, i will take that . but there again i am not taking £400,000 RENT LOL

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu May 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Evening all, here is the FINAL table of the 2017-18 Prediction League.
Firstly, the scoring last weekend wasn't amazing with a top score of only 3 points, achieved by Cully and Me - well done to us both!

With a few blobs and low scoring over the last few game weeks, we didn't quite have the exciting end to the season, but the winner of the Prediction League 2017-18 is...ME!! I have successfully defended my title and although this is a very emotional moment for me, I would like to thank my whole support team for making this possible again, without you, it wouldn't happen, blah blah blah!!

Seriously though, I would like to thank the likes of Saigon, Saddla, Swampy, Cully, Manchester for all the mischievous banter which helped to keep each other's eyes off the ball when it came to predicting and letting me sneak up and win it from under Morty's nose!! :mrgreen:
He did so well to lead for much of the season, but in the end, the stallion that is Moi, came charging past and took the crown!

As for weekly wins, you can see the spread on the second table below. Good to see a lot of people winning weeks and keeping it all competitive and interesting! All it leaves is for me to say have a good summer, enjoy all the goings on down at the Bonks's's's over the next few months and we'll see you again in August!

Cully
Site Addict

Fri May 11, 2018 6:07 am

Congratulations JJ on your magnificent win :arrow: PERIOD :D

However, can I lodge an official protest for the missing points from my total that I believe have been STOLEN, THIEVED and DISHONESTLY appropriated by the poster known as SAIGON SADDLER who has then added them without so much as a by your leave to his own pathetic faltering total. Also I would like to know what action will be taken about his repeated attempts to predict only the VERY EASY games when the rest of us have to play fairly and pick the VERY VERY HARD games.
I cannot believe I am the only person who has spotted this appalling behaviour :evil:

Yours faithfully

Cully

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Fri May 11, 2018 6:25 am

And I beat the perverted one on the number of weeks won!

Okay it was only alphabetical but the second table is widely regarded as THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!

Better luck next season, Saigon.

:lol: :wink:

saddla
Site Addict

Fri May 11, 2018 8:30 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:And I beat the perverted one on the number of weeks won!

Okay it was only alphabetical but the second table is widely regarded as THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!

Better luck next season, Saigon.

:lol: :wink:

Agree with this totally. (except that Manchester comes before Saddla in the alphabet :evil: )

Well done JJ for another excellent season of predicting on your part and a great deal of work in putting the whole thing together. It's much appreciated. (except when all the banker matches I predict don't come to fruition.)

This season has been a massive disappointment to me both in terms of my predictions and the performance of Walsall fc. Hopefully both improve next season. (and Saigon doesn't score a single point, except when he copies me (which happens with disturbing regularity))

Morty
Glitterati

Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks for doing this JJ and congratulations on your win (I'm sure there must be some cheating somewhere - can we refer it to an independent adjudicator!??)

back to mid-table obscurity for me next season!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri May 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Evening all, here is the FINAL table of the 2017-18 Prediction League.

With a few blobs and low scoring over the last few game weeks, we didn't quite have the exciting end to the season, but the winner of the Prediction League 2017-18 is...ME!! I have successfully defended my title and although this is a very emotional moment for me, I would like to thank my whole support team for making this possible again, without you, it wouldn't happen, blah blah blah!!

Seriously though, I would like to thank the likes of Saigon, Saddla, Swampy, Cully, Manchester for all the mischievous banter which helped to keep each other's eyes off the ball when it came to predicting and letting me sneak up and win it from under Morty's nose!! :mrgreen:
He did so well to lead for much of the season, but in the end, the stallion that is Moi, came charging past and took the crown!

As for weekly wins, you can see the spread on the second table below. Good to see a lot of people winning weeks and keeping it all competitive and interesting! All it leaves is for me to say have a good summer, enjoy all the goings on down at the Bonks's's's over the next few months and we'll see you again in August!

Well done JJ - you were certainly gee'd up for this, taking it at a canter in the end, leaving Morty with the trots.
Enjoy a celebratory nosebag!

:D

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri May 11, 2018 7:26 pm

In a lottery of a season, predictable only by its unpredictability, I am proud to have stuck to time-honoured tactics, tradition and football basics. I see the rank and file finishing in the top spots using their fancy dart boards and tea leaves are satisfied, but this little victory must taste like ashes in their mouths.

Next season will revert to type, and true expertise will once more triumph.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat May 12, 2018 2:23 am

Exile wrote:In a lottery of a season, predictable only by its unpredictability, I am proud to have stuck to time-honoured tactics, tradition and football basics. I see the rank and file finishing in the top spots using their fancy dart boards and tea leaves are satisfied, but this little victory must taste like ashes in their mouths.

Sorry where did you finish ?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat May 12, 2018 6:24 am

swampysaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:In a lottery of a season, predictable only by its unpredictability, I am proud to have stuck to time-honoured tactics, tradition and football basics. I see the rank and file finishing in the top spots using their fancy dart boards and tea leaves are satisfied, but this little victory must taste like ashes in their mouths.

Sorry, where did you finish?

8) :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon May 14, 2018 11:52 am

Much to be exceedingly pleased by and proud of in this year's campaign ... blasting my way through the angry raft of hungry and ambitious predictors is always a delightful and hugely satisfying accomplishment. :D

The highlight has to be first predicting, then delivering on my now characteristic 'hot knife through butter' end game surge, easing through the twin, not insubstantial, challenges of both Welsh and Swampy with comfortable room to spare. Get in! :mrgreen:

However, amidst all these creditable achievements, a shadow looms and a fly bobs around like a turd in my fancy G+T - for the second year running I've been way off the pace in the race for first.

JJ has enjoyed another magnificent campaign, relegating my efforts to almost something of an irrelevant whimsy. :|
This cannot be allowed to continue.

Here's to next season in a brand new website. A good start is essential. The challenge is accepted!!! :D

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Mon May 14, 2018 3:24 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Sorry, where did you finish?

8) :D

Higher than last season, which was my main aim 8)

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League