Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Albums of 2018

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
scott_powell
Site Addict

Re: Albums of 2018

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:03 am

chestersaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Hoping there will be a new Black Peaks album this year. For anyone into the heavier Muse stuff and hardcore/punky bands like Every Time I die, you really do need Black Peaks in your life.

Their debut album "Statues" in 2016 was the best album of that year by a country mile. Phenomenal band who a ridiculously tight live. Almost got to support them but the promoter decided my band were "too heavy". Probably right but it was gutting :lol:

What is the name of your band Scott? I’ll have a listen.

We're called Samsara. If you search for Samsara EP on Youtube it'll come up with out most recent stuff. It's pretty dark but all good fun! Also a couple of videos knocking around there too. We've played with some pretty decent bands to be fair. Supported The Faceless last weekend which was decent! Just a shame they were knobheads :lol:

I noticed that you are playing Scruffy Murphy’s in Brum soon (not stalking you, honest :lol: , my lad’s band have just been booked to play there in November so was checking out the venue).
Have you played there before, if so what’s it like?

Yes we're playing tomorrow. Great little venue, played there 5/6 times. I think it's been renovated since I last played (2016 I believe, possibly last year) but we've always had a good reaction in that place. Very small but a proper rock/metal bar and venue with a very decent sound :D Even if you only have 20-30 people watching the place still feels pretty full which is always good. What's your lads band called?

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:40 am

scott_powell wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Hoping there will be a new Black Peaks album this year. For anyone into the heavier Muse stuff and hardcore/punky bands like Every Time I die, you really do need Black Peaks in your life.

Their debut album "Statues" in 2016 was the best album of that year by a country mile. Phenomenal band who a ridiculously tight live. Almost got to support them but the promoter decided my band were "too heavy". Probably right but it was gutting :lol:

What is the name of your band Scott? I’ll have a listen.

We're called Samsara. If you search for Samsara EP on Youtube it'll come up with out most recent stuff. It's pretty dark but all good fun! Also a couple of videos knocking around there too. We've played with some pretty decent bands to be fair. Supported The Faceless last weekend which was decent! Just a shame they were knobheads :lol:

I noticed that you are playing Scruffy Murphy’s in Brum soon (not stalking you, honest :lol: , my lad’s band have just been booked to play there in November so was checking out the venue).
Have you played there before, if so what’s it like?

Yes we're playing tomorrow. Great little venue, played there 5/6 times. I think it's been renovated since I last played (2016 I believe, possibly last year) but we've always had a good reaction in that place. Very small but a proper rock/metal bar and venue with a very decent sound :D Even if you only have 20-30 people watching the place still feels pretty full which is always good. What's your lads band called?

Pm'd you.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:57 pm

How did it go Scott?

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:15 pm

chestersaddler wrote:How did it go Scott?

Absolutely brilliant mate. Packed room and a mosh pit, what’s not to enjoy! :mrgreen:

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Arctic Monkeys new album coming out soon :D

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:34 pm

tinned wrote:Arctic Monkeys new album coming out soon :D

Tour dates announced this week too!

scott_powell
Site Addict

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Arctic Monkeys. Heavy metal for chavs :mrgreen:

El_Nombre
UTS Legend

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:54 pm

scott_powell wrote:Arctic Monkeys. Heavy metal for chavs :mrgreen:

You haven't listened to them for a while then, he's too busy trying to be Elvis these days haha

scott_powell
Site Addict

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:25 pm

El_Nombre wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Arctic Monkeys. Heavy metal for chavs :mrgreen:

You haven't listened to them for a while then, he's too busy trying to be Elvis these days haha

Haha you're right I haven't. "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" was alright back in the day. After that my tastes shifted into the heavier side of rock/metal/punk. Apart from Royal Blood and older Muse most mainstream rock doesn't really hit my spot. Saying that I'm enjoying a lot of lighter music within the less mainstream side of rock and metal which has certainly opened my eyes to a shitload of lesser known bands. Being in a 'deathcore' band I like to get away from the more extreme side of music when on my own.

In terms of recent releases, right now I'm enjoying ...

Marmozets - Knowing What You Know Now

The Wonder Years - Sister Cities (There previous album "No Closer To Heaven" is a wonderful emotionally charged album. Would recommend to anyone)

Rolo Tomassi - Time Will Die And Love Will Bury It

Black Peaks - Can't Sleep (Single from their upcoming album but fudge me it's good. For me the best band in the UK right now. Their last album 'Statues' is a masterpiece.)

Everything else I'm listening to is basically from last year or before. Creeper, While She Sleeps, Architects, Letlive, Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes, Enter Shikari, Stick To Your Guns, Shadow of Intent, Thy Art Is Murder ... They're currently the most played bands on my Apple Music.

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League