Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Pardew

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
chunkster
Site Addict

Pardew

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:13 pm

I see he has got the sack, dean smith 10/1 to get the job

Whitters
Site Addict

Re: Pardew

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:18 am

The current situation at WBA has nothing to do with Pardew although he should have had more sense than take up the managers role there.
Their players are shocking, absolutely useless.
They bought in Sturridge when anyone who knows football was played with a round ball knew that he is out for a month when he gets a paper cut from opening his bulky wage packet.
Their owner is a weird one and doesn't seem like he should be in charge of a football club.
They are tight buggers and should have bought Deeney who would have at least bought leadership and would surely have named and shamed the losers they call professional footballers.
They deserve to go down and will struggle in the Championship until they realise that they need talent on the park and not wasters.
If Smith does think about it he should get some guarantees they will back him or it will be more tears.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:07 pm

One of the merry go round of limited success managers.

dobbster71
UTS Veteran

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:07 pm

I dunno, but I reckon Pardew showed a lot of sense by going to WBA. He was only contracted until the Summer & has walked away after 4 months with £500,000 in his arse pocket (plus his wages of course!). Nice work etc..........

chunkster
Site Addict

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:43 pm

A bit of a damming quote from wrighty today, "he will find it difficult to get another job in football" anyone reading that as a resume will think twice before employing him anywhere near the prem or championship :shock: if he is to get back into football i think he had better start applying for jobs in and around league 1

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 06, 2018 2:34 am

Wonder what he thinks of West Broms continuing resurgence. Not sure if it's going to make relegation better or worse.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sun May 06, 2018 12:08 pm

West Brom fans must be sick they didn't appoint Darren Moore at xmas.

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sun May 06, 2018 6:48 pm

SoccerHQ wrote:West Brom fans must be sick they didn't appoint Darren Moore at xmas.

There’s also a certain Mr. cutler that I understand has put the fear of god up a few players

Return to General Chat & Prediction League