Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Just another day in Walsall

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Whitters
Site Addict

Just another day in Walsall

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Or is it Kabul?

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/cri ... sert-shop/

And people wonder why there are so many expats amongst the posters on this site.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Re: Just another day in Walsall

Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Whitters wrote:Or is it Kabul?

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/cri ... sert-shop/

And people wonder why there are so many expats amongst the posters on this site.

So reminds me of the 'gang' infighting on the streets of Dewsbury, which used to be such a pleasant highly thought of mill town, sort of like Palfrey used to be when I left all those years back. :(

chunkster
Site Addict

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 pm

And in another day in walsall Ammar Kahrod gets sentenced to 17 years for cold bloodedly stabbing James Brindley to death in Aldridge, And 48 year old Darren Osbourne gets 34 years for the cold blooded killing of a muslim guy outside finsbury park mosque. I am genuinely bemused at the difference between the terms given? is it because the guy in the van is classed as a terrorist? edit just thought about it and maybe it is because the van driver was aiming to kill more people?

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:08 am

chunkster wrote:And in another day in walsall Ammar Kahrod gets sentenced to 17 years for cold bloodedly stabbing James Brindley to death in Aldridge, And 48 year old Darren Osbourne gets 34 years for the cold blooded killing of a muslim guy outside finsbury park mosque. I am genuinely bemused at the difference between the terms given? is it because the guy in the van is classed as a terrorist? edit just thought about it and maybe it is because the van driver was aiming to kill more people?

Someone suggested that for murder the sentence should be a mandatory 20 years plus the life expectancy of the victim.So guessing a life expectancy of 80 years Ammar Kahood should do 20 + 53 inside and that sound about right.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:42 pm

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
chunkster wrote:And in another day in walsall Ammar Kahrod gets sentenced to 17 years for cold bloodedly stabbing James Brindley to death in Aldridge, And 48 year old Darren Osbourne gets 34 years for the cold blooded killing of a muslim guy outside finsbury park mosque. I am genuinely bemused at the difference between the terms given? is it because the guy in the van is classed as a terrorist? edit just thought about it and maybe it is because the van driver was aiming to kill more people?

Someone suggested that for murder the sentence should be a mandatory 20 years plus the life expectancy of the victim.So guessing a life expectancy of 80 years Ammar Kahood should do 20 + 53 inside and that sound about right.
Yes that sounds more like it, i just thought it was a bit lenient.

Return to General Chat & Prediction League