Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

MERSON SACKED

Reaction to the biggest events in Walsall FC's recent history. This section also houses the tributes paid to Jolysaddler.
THE_BURNING_RED
UTS Regular

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:19 pm

i feel like a fan reborn after the drudge over thelast two seasons it certainly clears a mans depression

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:27 pm

Zippyzip wrote:Oh here we go again.

Let me guess MMF, you've got a mate, who's sister's brother, lives round the corner from the uncle of the glass collector.

:D

Gonna give MMF an apology after another snide and unproductive (let alone completely wrong) post ?

Nah, thought not.

TheSaddlers
UTS Veteran

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:28 pm

At least there's no more MOSOC and MISCOUSS :D

PGtips

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:33 pm

More a relief than a celebration tonight. Feels like a weight has been lifted from our shoulders.

Now we can get back to playing football, merson can get back to his pundits role on Sky and hopefully Bonser can get back to leading Walsall FC as a financially stable and modestly succesful football club.

concretehippo

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:37 pm

what happens if its not really true and sky sports have only got the news from reading this site and merson was making it up in the pub so people didn't give him stick face to face?!?!?! :shock:

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:38 pm

concretehippo wrote:what happens if its not really true and sky sports have only got the news from reading this site and merson was making it up in the pub so people didn't give him stick face to face?!?!?! :shock:

Shut up, you're scaring me

:shock:

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:39 pm

OK - bad bad results and free fall in league

We needed a change - for the future of our club

Still - want to wish Paul best of luck for the future.

You scored some scorching goals for us

From one person that takes negative critasism far too harshly to another - Be strong and look forward!

sid swifty
Glitterati

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:53 pm

YABBA--DABBA--F'N--DOO :lol: RIGHT! LETS START ENJOYING OUR FOOTBALL AGAIN SHALL WE :D

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Just got in from the pub - did not expect this after the press announcements earlier in the day. It just remains for me to say YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!

Thank f*** for that. The new era starts here.

TheSaddlers
UTS Veteran

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:56 pm

Bye Bye Merson, Merson Bye Bye.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:57 pm

WE DID IT!!!

WE DID IT!!

SCREW YOU ZIPPY!!! SCREW YOU STAFFS!!!

WE HAVE OUR CLUB BACK! WE HAVE OUR CLUB BACK!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

stout_pooh

Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:12 pm

The right decision has been made. I think Merse has tried his best but I just do not think he is cut out to be a football manager. I would like to wish him all the best for the future and hope he finally conquers his off the field problems. My idea for next manager would be Chris Nicholl for the rest of this season to ensure we stay in this league and for next season David Kelly but keeping Nicholl as a 'consultant/director of football' in a similar way that Ireland have the Staunton/Bobby Robson scenario.[/b][/u]

Shad

Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:51 pm

Just got back from a few celebratory drinks -HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRAAAAYYYY is all I can say- I'd just like to thank MMF, Jolly, Pedro, Neil, Metfan, Joe 90- and others (so don't complain if I missed you off) for keeping us informed and also mounting pressure. He obviously isnt cut out to be a manager at the moment and I am extactic that he has been removed from duties, but good luck to him.

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:21 am

I don't know about everyone else, but I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I have had a heavy cold/chest infection for the past couple of weeks and have been feeling really lethargic and depressed. This news seems to be like a miracle cure that has lifted my mood.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jolysaddler

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:23 am

Shad wrote:Just got back from a few celebratory drinks -HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRAAAAYYYY is all I can say- I'd just like to thank MMF, Jolly, Pedro, Neil, Metfan, Joe 90- and others (so don't complain if I missed you off) for keeping us informed and also mounting pressure. He obviously isnt cut out to be a manager at the moment and I am extactic that he has been removed from duties, but good luck to him.

what did metfan and neil do today!? :evil: :wink:

Shad

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:25 am

jolysaddler wrote:
Shad wrote:Just got back from a few celebratory drinks -HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRAAAAYYYY is all I can say- I'd just like to thank MMF, Jolly, Pedro, Neil, Metfan, Joe 90- and others (so don't complain if I missed you off) for keeping us informed and also mounting pressure. He obviously isnt cut out to be a manager at the moment and I am extactic that he has been removed from duties, but good luck to him.

Ok- I'll rephrase it:-

Thank you to JolySaddler for everything!!!! :lol: :wink:

jolysaddler

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:27 am

ta...

joke to everyone i swear!!! :lol:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:30 am

Dave Roe wrote:I have had a heavy cold/chest infection for the past couple of weeks and have been feeling really lethargic and depressed. This news seems to be like a miracle cure that has lifted my mood.

Bl**dy malingerer ! :lol:

Seriously though Dave, thanks for the text tonight, you buggered up my night's work but I think I can live with that ! :D

jolysaddler

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:32 am

geoffwhiting wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:I have had a heavy cold/chest infection for the past couple of weeks and have been feeling really lethargic and depressed. This news seems to be like a miracle cure that has lifted my mood.

Bl**dy malingerer ! :lol:

Seriously though Dave, thanks for the text tonight, you buggered up my night's work but I think I can live with that ! :D

the celebration beer tonight was all very lighthearted with no moaning at all.

its just a game? bollocks!!

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:06 am

jolysaddler wrote:

:shock: I was bloody organising a saddlers 4 justice meeting! :twisted: :wink:

Carolina Saddler

Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:40 am

Just anounced it on Fox sports news over here (USA). They totally slated Merson. Strange, as Fox Sports only cover the premiership news. They also reported that under Merson Walsall had only managed one win all season. Love it

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:08 am

And there I was, at a bloody school governor's meeting and never sodding well heard until the Fat Controller rang at 9.00 pm, as I came out. Still, never mind, eh?

sean511
UTS Regular

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:11 am

CocaCola_Saddlers wrote:At least there's no more MOSOC and MISCOUSS :D

depends what manager wew get! if he begins with m then yes we will!

Will
UTS Regular

Great News

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:46 am

Fantastic News - Happy Day!

Should be a real party atmosphere on Saturday now, let's get behind the lads and make it into a cup final :lol:

Seriously though lets raise the roof and get behind the players - they deserve it after what they've put up with.

Like to wish Merson all the best on his TV career, we'll always have West Bromwich Albion. He has his own problems - not having an ounce of managerial talent is one of them. Shame it took Mr Bonser so long to accept that.

Can't wait for Saturday now.

PerStener
UTS Veteran

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:53 am

E&S online version is a bit slow :D

Today's news....
http://www.expressandstar.com/articles/ ... _86560.php

sid swifty
Glitterati

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:17 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:And there I was, at a bloody school governor's meeting and never sodding well heard until the Fat Controller rang at 9.00 pm, as I came out. Still, never mind, eh?
NEVER MIND NEIL...I WAS THE SAME ...DID'NT KNOW...I WAS OUT WITH FRIENDS...AND I GOT A CALL FROM AN ALBION FAN OF ALL PEOPLE...FOLLOWED BY ABOUT 10 TEXTS AND CALLS FROM MY SONS AND MATES...IS THAT AVATOR YET ANOTHER PHOTO OF AC NEIL :lol:

toffo
UTS Regular

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:22 am

sid swifty wrote:.IS THAT AVATOR YET ANOTHER PHOTO OF AC NEIL :lol:

Very good sid,i was wondering the same thing myself :lol:

sj
Site Addict

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:31 am

In years to come I will always remember the day I clashed with the Christians of Birmingham just to see "Jerry Springer The Opera". It was the day Merson Got the boot :D

" Jerry, Jerry,Jerry"

Were was you? 6-2-06

saddlerken
Site Addict

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:33 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sid swifty
Glitterati

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 am

saddlerken wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
DO I DETECT A VERY...VERY...VERY HAPPY SADDLERKEN...OR IS IT JUST MY IMAGINATION... :?: :D

PreviousNext
Return to You Said That Then