Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1 2014-15 Table & Intro!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1 2014-15 Table & Intro!

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:03 pm

No one should be offended. We all help Saigon, anyway, as he waits till everyone else has predicted and copies what they have gone for! :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:09 pm

He's been doing it since the very start. No skill in that at all.

Maybe we should all PM you, JJ.

:D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:36 am

Someone in the real world accused me of being arrogant yesterday, ME?! Arrogant!

What planet are they living on? Don't they know who I am??

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:33 am

I'll fall on my sword for you, Saigon.

Just don't ask me to fall on yours. :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 03, 2015 1:54 pm

I did it! :D

Miserably slithering over the line like a turd dropping into a toilet pan.

A bit nervous towards the end with the game at Oakwell, but it all turned out beautifully.

I'd like to thank ME, for all MY dedication and hard work, believing in MYself and keeping going when all seemed a lost cause.
Every single point was vital and resulted in my second title.
All for ME and not shared with anyone else.
All mine! :D

Here's a video about keeping going when all seems lost. It's freaking awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh9AuoQ3YJw

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun May 03, 2015 4:34 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Me, I'm the winner, me!

Couldn't even wait until I'd got the final table up before rubbing it in! :wink:
Well done though. Will post the final table this eve, as well as the points per round table hopefully.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun May 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:

Couldn't even wait until I'd got the final table up before rubbing it in! :wink:
Well done though. Will post the final table this eve, as well as the points per round table hopefully.

I think the tradition still stands that the winner buys a round...... :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon May 04, 2015 2:18 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:

I have been told I'm a little premature. Or was it little and premature.

The 'points per round' table, otherwise known as Sheff's Folly? :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon May 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Well, here it is the final table after yesterday's games. The week's winners, with 3 points, were 1933, derbysaddler and me! Well done to the us all!

As for the champion predictor for the 2014-15 season, the table below shows what a close run thing it has been this year, but our winner is Saigon Saddler, congratulations!! Second place goes to stig231 and third to 1933, based on the number of weekly wins achieved. The table for this can also be seen below, which stig231 achieved the best, with 9 weekly wins.

Then, the average points per prediction round was won by Sheffield Saddler, well done!

Hope you all enjoyed it this season. The victors can now go and bask in their glory for a while, and we all get the summer off, before starting it all again in August! See you then!

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon May 04, 2015 4:30 pm

Thanks Johnny.
Brilliant job mate.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Superb season.
Superb enjoyment.
Thanks Johnny.

saddla
Site Addict

Tue May 05, 2015 12:21 am

really enjoyed my maiden season as a predictor even though I did not do as well as expected.
Many thanks for all your efforts JJ

As someone famous once said: "I'll be back"

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue May 05, 2015 6:04 am

Congrats to Sheffield Saddler on his magnificent victory. :D

and to Saigon for getting the most points overall :mrgreen:

Thanks to Jolly for organising and maintaining this excellent competition for yet another round. Looking forward to next season as I smart from my worst result in years. :(

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 06, 2015 10:18 am

>>>

Greetings one and all as I take some time out from basking in the rejuvenating heat of victory atop the summit of Mount Triumph, a peak made up of the miserable groans of despair from the rotting carcasses of conquered heroes.

Here's Handel's blistering coronation epic, the words begin:

Zadok the priest,
and Nathan the prophet,
anointed
Saigon King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcfR4utkASo

And all the people rejoiced!

I'd like to thank my parents for spawning me (whoever they were), Manor hospital, Chuckery Junior school, JJ for yet again providing an efficient competition for us all to enjoy, other competitors, lady luck, the internet, Baal - Lord of the Sightless Eye to whom I have sold my soul, and last but not least my cabal of psychological councilors and the inmates at Dorothy Paterson's for always being there with a stern word or padded cell, whether I want them or not.

To the victor, the spoils. And as I carry off the spirit of humility and temperance into the dark cloisters of the night for a fate worse than death ...

... I invite you to leave messages of homage and adulation for perusal at my leisure below.

Many thanks!

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed May 06, 2015 10:44 am

That's what I've always liked about Saigon Saddler - his modest, understated approach to matters! :lol: :lol:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed May 06, 2015 11:24 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:>>>

Greetings one and all as I take some time out from basking in the rejuvenating heat of victory atop the summit of Mount Triumph, a peak made up of the miserable groans of despair from the rotting carcasses of conquered heroes.

Here's Handel's blistering coronation epic, the words begin:

Zadok the priest,
and Nathan the prophet,
anointed
Saigon King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcfR4utkASo

And all the people rejoiced!

I'd like to thank my parents for spawning me (whoever they were), Manor hospital, Chuckery Junior school, JJ for yet again providing an efficient competition for us all to enjoy, other competitors, lady luck, the internet, Baal - Lord of the Sightless Eye to whom I have sold my soul, and last but not least my cabal of psychological councilors and the inmates at Dorothy Paterson's for always being there with a stern word or padded cell, whether I want them or not.

To the victor, the spoils. And as I carry off the spirit of humility and temperance into the dark cloisters of the night for a fate worse than death ...

... I invite you to leave messages of homage and adulation for perusal at my leisure below.

Many thanks!

Aren't you going to thank me for 90% of you predictions, hastily copied when you were unable to get your brain into gear?

Oh and you should thank people like Sheff, Stig231 and 1933 for the remaining 10% too.

Note for JJ next season - you should introduce a new rule that predictions are made (by Saigon) within one day of your thread, rather than at 2:55 on Saturday afternoon.

:D :mrgreen:

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Fri May 08, 2015 9:02 pm

FIX!

P.S. Thanks for taking the time Jonny. It was fun while it lasted (about week 2 for me).

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Mon May 11, 2015 6:13 am

Well done Siagon and thanks to Johnny for the hard work in running this.

No more chances/easy street for Siagon, as next season Sheff and I will be predicting on all 46 matches. :mrgreen:

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Sun May 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Well, here it is the final table after yesterday's games. The week's winners, with 3 points, were 1933, derbysaddler and me! Well done to the us all!

As for the champion predictor for the 2014-15 season, the table below shows what a close run thing it has been this year, but our winner is Saigon Saddler, congratulations!! Second place goes to stig231 and third to 1933, based on the number of weekly wins achieved. The table for this can also be seen below, which stig231 achieved the best, with 9 weekly wins.

Then, the average points per prediction round was won by Sheffield Saddler, well done!

Hope you all enjoyed it this season. The victors can now go and bask in their glory for a while, and we all get the summer off, before starting it all again in August! See you then!

I think the middle table tells the real story of endeavour and fortitude. :wink: . Thanks JJ for your hard work.

Previous
Return to UTS Classics