Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1 2014-15 Table & Intro!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1 2014-15 Table & Intro!

Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:02 am

Wow! It amazes me how anyone can take an ongoing raft of obviously over the top and cartoonish theatrical meanderings the slightest bit seriously. Perhaps it is possible to be a better troll than anyone could conceivably have imagined.

If you mess up, you'll get lampooned. If you are successful, you'll get lampooned. Manchester understood it within 2 seconds - I target him because he is so exceedingly average. :D

Let the ridiculous carnival of stupidity recommence!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:18 am

>>>

And obviously I'm talking about others in my post above.
Nothing I have ever said could be taken with anything other than with the most profound, earnest sincerity. :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:05 am

In this thread: trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:29 am

What a weak week.

The misery of mediocrity continues ...

:(

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:I admire you for this and I'm simply jealous that I didn't think of coming up with a blue screen episode myself. I've personally never had such an experience in 8 years of predicting, partly because I take the precaution of predicting more than 20 nanoseconds before kick-off, eliminating any troublesome last second computer glitches. Having said that, my heart is broken at your loss. :(

Give it a rest. Still accusing me of lying. Also, I didn't leave it till 20 nano seconds before kick off, I never do.

#sigh

I'm sure you are not losing too much sleep over Exiles and Saigon's comments JJ. Their posts are mostly annoying and are only ever submitted to serve themselves. They do nothing positive for anyone reading them. I honestly believe that when they are typing they are thinking 'this post will make me look really erudite and witty'. The reality is they come across as boorish and spiteful.

Your efforts are appreciated.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Table after yesterday. Poor scoring this week, mainly thanks to Posh and Blades both losing at home! So, lots of blobs and 1 pointers. The winning score was 3 points, achieved by Donnington Saddler and canadiansaddler - well done you two!

Not a massive change in the table, and top half a 4-5 have been pretty steady in recent weeks.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:23 am

DonningtonSaddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:I admire you for this and I'm simply jealous that I didn't think of coming up with a blue screen episode myself. I've personally never had such an experience in 8 years of predicting, partly because I take the precaution of predicting more than 20 nanoseconds before kick-off, eliminating any troublesome last second computer glitches. Having said that, my heart is broken at your loss. :(

Give it a rest. Still accusing me of lying. Also, I didn't leave it till 20 nano seconds before kick off, I never do.

#sigh

I'm sure you are not losing too much sleep over Exiles and Saigon's comments JJ. Their posts are mostly annoying and are only ever submitted to serve themselves. They do nothing positive for anyone reading them. I honestly believe that when they are typing they are thinking 'this post will make me look really erudite and witty'. The reality is they come across as boorish and spiteful.

Yes, we take ourselves so, so seriously in the eight seasons of posting on these threads. No-one reading them with even the slightest amount of concentration could possibly conceive that they are serious, any of the blizzard of accusations are really meant or even that I wish raise my intellectual capital.

Take for example my protest at being picked on or bullied a page or so ago. You actually believe that I posted that in earnest? Really? Jesus. :|

And do you honestly think that the accusations of Johnny 'cheating' were real too? JJ messed up and posted submissions after the obvious and clear cut-off point of kick-off. It's irrelevant if his computer blue screened or whatever. I'm sure it did. At no point has anyone, ever been allowed to post predictions after kick-off - so he was mildly teased for the situation. If he or anyone has actually taken offence then I offer absolutely no apology.

Each of my statements is so clearly, obviously and profoundly over the top and riven with gaping holes in their logic that I would have assumed the intent would have been clear. If not, stop being so fricking boring and miserable.

It's clearly a massive series of rather obvious 'jokes' (of questionable comedic worth) using the vehicle of an vaguely entertaining prediction game that benefits massively from light-hearted input of predictors rather than simply 46 rounds of bland predictions interspersed with a number of dull spreadsheets.

Think about it FFS.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:45 am

I'll just the old excuse that anyone uses against me when there's something they don't like/understand.

I'm a member of the clique.

Who stuffs your shirt for you?

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:06 am

I heard the clique wore pink panties and had a special secret hand shake

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Crap results today leaving lots of zeroes and ones. Two people did better than that and scored 2 points - well done Morty and saddla.

Not much movement in the table:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:52 am

Wasn't just me then! I looked at those matches and hated what I saw. Luckily the rest of you agreed. :mrgreen:

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Crap results today leaving lots of zeroes and ones. Two people did better than that and scored 2 points - well done Morty and saddla.

Not much movement in the table:

I forgot to do it again :(

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Bit naff scoring again today with some home teams fancied by most getting turned over.
The week's winners were Welsh_Saddler and Rob Harvey with 3 points - well done you two!

Not much change in the table this week, although a couple of non-predictors lost some ground!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Better scoring this week, with some home 'bankers' going as you'd think.
Winning score was 4 points, by stig231 and Saigon Saddler - well done to both.

Stig231 now leads the way in weekly wins, with 5.

Week off next Saturday as it is FA cup action, so see you for the 13th Dec fixtures.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:10 pm

Amended table as I got it wrong earlier.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:30 am

Was hoping you'd take points off Saigon. At this rate he'll be insufferable come the new year.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:35 am

Exile wrote:Was hoping you'd take points off Saigon. At this rate he'll be insufferable come the new year.

What do you mean, "come the new year" ??? :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:10 am

Sorry. Misplaced the 'even more' in that sentence.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:04 am

Well, well, well!

Looky here. :D

I've been rather reluctant to post recently due to the potential of another mummy's ickle soldier reading an interaction in which they were not involved, not mentioned, and becoming offended on behalf of someone else, resulting in the posting of some agonising, joyless, adolescent whining.

However, that has changed as I have come to realise that the episode was just the rantings of a below-average predictor getting frustrated at their compound lack of skill, judgment and social interaction.

Now I have ascended as usual and my voice is as authoritative as it is imperial.
My intellectual capital has gone through the roof! :D

>>>The disturbing thing is I haven't even declared total war yet<<<

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:10 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:Did somebody hear something squeak??

Perhaps it was the sonic boom as I blasted past you in a blaze of colour and burning ash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQiWtNIyG5k

I am feeling very, VERY pleased with myself! 8)

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Nothing spectacular scoring wise today given the likes of Oldham and Port Fail didn't win, which many predicted. Only one blob and a winning top score of 3 points, achieved by Asps, me and Tyldesley Saddler - well done us three!

Nothing really changes at the top of the table but a bit of bunching behind means it should be an interesting race as anyone going on a run could challenge for top spot this year.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Updated table after today's games. A set of unexpected results and many predictors choosing the supposedly 'safe' games resulted in very low scoring. Apart from a few zeros, most people scored 1 point, with the exception of 1933 who scored 2 points and is the week's winner, well done!

This puts 1933 back at the top with Exile, and they can't even be separated on weekly wins, as they both have 4!

Christmas fixture threads may be set up early as I am away from Monday/Tuesday till Saturday, so look out for a few threads to predict. Any table updates will be done when I am back next weekend.

May see a few of you down the Bonks's's's on Boxing Day!

UTS

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Thus begins my annual decline. :(

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Exile wrote:Thus begins my annual decline. :(

See ya. My climb up as well

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Table after yesterday's (Boxing Day) results, trying desperately to forget what happened before my eyes at the Bezzla!

Generally very good scoring as the ones you expected to win, pretty much all did, so lots of 3 points out there and no big fat zeroes this week! The winner, with a score of 4 points, was Donnington Saddler - well done!

Not much change at the top of the table, but a bit of movement below, especially as a couple of reliable predictors must have had too much whisky on their Christmas pud and forgot!

Don't forget games tomorrow (28th) and Monday night - thread already up!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:34 pm

Updated table after yesterday's games. A bit of a false set of scores in the end as the Blades game was postponed. Only Preston failed to deliver what people thought and the winning score was 3 points, achieved by stig231 and 1933 - well done!

With this win, 1933 is now our leader by himself! We also have the first sign of asterisks on our table this season (bane of my life!) as some people have the postponed Sheff Utd v Scunthorpe game in 'credit'. It isn't clear when this game will be played yet, but I will keep my eyes peeled and update the table with any points scored from it when possible / most convenient.

No prediction thread for next weekend as there are only 3 games being played (unless people just want us all to predict those three games!), due to the FA Cup 3rd round, so we'll resume on 10th Jan.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Wasn't I below Manchester once? Can't recall clearly...

:wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Updated table after this weekend's games. Not great scoring and a couple of blobs, but it seems one or two teams in the top 6 are losing their invincibility at the moment!

Top score was 3 points, achieved by Sheffield Saddler and canadiansaddler - well done you two!

No real change at the top of the table but still half the season to go!

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 pm

I believe I have three weekly wins so far this season now and two have been shared with Sheff - I find this somewhat disturbing

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:58 pm

canadiansaddler wrote:I believe I have three weekly wins so far this season now and two have been shared with Sheff - I find this somewhat disturbing

Well, he can't be stalking you. After all, what do Canadians know about football?

About as much as Sheff, I guess.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics