Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1 2014-15 Table & Intro!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
derbysaddler
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1 2014-15 Table & Intro!

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Evening Johnny, how come I only scored 2 points last round, I predicted two results correctly?

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:37 pm

derbysaddler wrote:Evening Johnny, how come I only scored 2 points last round, I predicted two results correctly?

Cos your cack :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:00 am

derbysaddler wrote:Evening Johnny, how come I only scored 2 points last round, I predicted two results correctly?

Is it because there's only one point for getting the right result, Tone?

Do we get an extra point for the right score, Tone?

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:54 am

Thought it was 1 point per correct result, and 2 points for correct score?

derbysaddler wrote:Chesterfield 2 v 1 Notts County

Peterborough 1 v 0 Fleetwood

Sheff Utd 2 v 1 Gillingham

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:42 pm

derbysaddler wrote:Thought it was 1 point per correct result, and 2 points for correct score?

Is it because it's last week's table, Tone? :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Exile wrote:
derbysaddler wrote:Thought it was 1 point per correct result, and 2 points for correct score?

Is it because it's last week's table, Tone? :wink:

That would be the correct answer I think! If derby is looking at the last table on here, it is from week 9, and Saturday was week 10, so it hasn't been updated yet! Will be doing it tonight, so don't worry derby!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Here is the table after week 10, on Saturday. Okay scoring, only 1 blob and the winning score of 4 points, achieved by derbysaddler and Morty. Well done to you two on your first weekly win of the season!

Week 11 is up and running so get predicting ahead of the weekend!

Morty
Glitterati

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Woo! :D

Where's that Saigon fella in the table!? :wink: :twisted:

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 am

Morty wrote:Woo! :D

Where's that Saigon fella in the table!? :wink: :twisted:

Who? :mrgreen: Everyone's favourite beat-up, poor fellow. There's a long way to go this season. And a long way to fall from 10th. :D

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Here is the table after week 10, on Saturday. Okay scoring, only 1 blob and the winning score of 4 points, achieved by derbysaddler and Morty. Well done to you two on your first weekly win of the season!

Is it just my computer but I can only see a box with a cross in it with word 'image' next to it.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Ta Johnny

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:19 pm

DonningtonSaddler wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:Here is the table after week 10, on Saturday. Okay scoring, only 1 blob and the winning score of 4 points, achieved by derbysaddler and Morty. Well done to you two on your first weekly win of the season!

Is it just my computer but I can only see a box with a cross in it with word 'image' next to it.

I can see it now. Wish I couldn't. :cry:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Evening all, updated table for week 11, after Saturday's games. Very good scoring overall as popular picks from most predictors did the biz, other than Posh! No blobs and a good few 4 pointers, which would normally win a week, but not on this occasion!! That accolade goes to Pinnacle with 5 points - well done! In the process, he has almost doubled his total with one week's score, but conversely, he hasn't moved up the table at all, which you wouldn't expect when you score a 5 pointer!! Also, a few people who scored 3 points moved down, due to the 4 pointers!

It's starting to look a bit like the Championship table, with so many people scoring well and it bunching up towards the top!

Week 12, for next Saturday, is up and running now.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Here is the table after the weekend's games. A poor week scoring-wise, and a handful of blobs showed this. In fact no-one scored more than 2 points this week, and the winner, by courtesy of the fact he was the only one to predict the correct scoreline for a game out of everyone (!) was Bigmoylan. Well done!

Table still bunched up. Let's see if we can all do better next Saturday!

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Here is the table after the weekend's games. A poor week scoring-wise, and a handful of blobs showed this. In fact no-one scored more than 2 points this week, and the winner, by courtesy of the fact he was the only one to predict the correct scoreline for a game out of everyone (!) was Bigmoylan. Well done!

Table still bunched up. Let's see if we can all do better next Saturday!

Slowly progressing, happy so far 8)

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:56 am

Dear Johnny,

Firstly, let me begin by thanking you for the continued timely production of the tables. You also seem a reasonable person open to discussion and debate and it is to this aspect of your personality that I now appeal.

1. I am being abused by a sub-set of miscreants. This has taken the form of 'where's Saigon?' and 'Saigon is not doing well' variants. This is abuse. This abuse should be clamped down on by the authorities. Perhaps a menacing PM or e-mail would suffice, but I believe an open letter from the owner of the site is the only responsible way to proceed. I don't hope for this, I expect this.

2. Manchester is above me in the table. This is troubling for me because it exposes a weakness in how you are calculating the weekly scores. Manchester couldn't be above me in the table, therefore something is wrong. Please amend the information accordingly.

3. Exile is above me in the table. Again. This is clearly evidence of cheating. I'm not suggesting collusion or anything, but how much is he paying you? I'm willing to go up to 30% of what he's offering in order for you to also improve my submissions.

4. Cheating. Others are above me in the table. Some of them I've never even heard of before. They are probably cheats or spambots.

5. Poor scores. I'm getting a range of poor scores at the moment, including a recent 0 when others managed to score points. I got 1 point this week. This is unacceptable.

In conclusion, please stem the vitriolic tide of abuse that is besmirching the good name of the website, Walsall, England and the EU. Please attend to the Manchester anomaly. Please attend to the Exile conundrum and please stop the cheating of others above me in the table.

Many thanks,
SS - winner 3 years ago.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:42 am

Has Saigon actually entered this year?

*scrolls*

Ah, I see.... :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:50 pm

Updated table after this afternoon's games. A very late Bristol City goal affected the picture quite a bit ( :x !) but there was still good scoring across the board and no blobs today! The winning score was 4 points, achieved by saddla, 1933, Exile, Donnington and stig231 - well done to all of you!

Not much change at the top, although a few positions are moving and quite tight in mid table!

Forgot about Tuesday's games before today, so that thread is up and running now.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:58 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Dear Johnny,

Firstly, let me begin by thanking you for the continued timely production of the tables. You also seem a reasonable person open to discussion and debate and it is to this aspect of your personality that I now appeal.

1. I am being abused by a sub-set of miscreants. This has taken the form of 'where's Saigon?' and 'Saigon is not doing well' variants. This is abuse. This abuse should be clamped down on by the authorities. Perhaps a menacing PM or e-mail would suffice, but I believe an open letter from the owner of the site is the only responsible way to proceed. I don't hope for this, I expect this.

2. Manchester is above me in the table. This is troubling for me because it exposes a weakness in how you are calculating the weekly scores. Manchester couldn't be above me in the table, therefore something is wrong. Please amend the information accordingly.

3. Exile is above me in the table. Again. This is clearly evidence of cheating. I'm not suggesting collusion or anything, but how much is he paying you? I'm willing to go up to 30% of what he's offering in order for you to also improve my submissions.

4. Cheating. Others are above me in the table. Some of them I've never even heard of before. They are probably cheats or spambots.

5. Poor scores. I'm getting a range of poor scores at the moment, including a recent 0 when others managed to score points. I got 1 point this week. This is unacceptable.

In conclusion, please stem the vitriolic tide of abuse that is besmirching the good name of the website, Walsall, England and the EU. Please attend to the Manchester anomaly. Please attend to the Exile conundrum and please stop the cheating of others above me in the table.

Many thanks,
SS - winner 3 years ago.

Here's your anthem, Saigon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYGO5-dCRnY

:D :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:49 am

Oh for f....

:(

Sometime soon, I'm going to turn this run of ill fortune around, and start handing out some bitch slapping payback!

Just having some bad luck at the moment. I need some help, if only tto prevent Manchester from unleashing more of his woeful songs. They are bloody awful.

I am coming for you all! And when I do it will be like a fireball of doom! Is anyone actually listening ........

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:56 am

Did somebody hear something squeak??

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:23 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:Did somebody hear something squeak??

The high pitched whining of a mosquito hitting DEET?

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:30 am

Exile wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:Did somebody hear something squeak??

The high pitched whining of a mosquito hitting DEET?

Was it the mosquitos bum cheeks squeeking?

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Updated table after yesterday and the mid-week games too. Some good scoring generally and only a couple of blobs. Bristol City only drawing at Barnsley cost quite a few some points yesterday.

Week 14 (Tues) winner was Asps with 5 points - well done mate!
Week 15 winners were saddla, stig231, Welsh_Saddler, Exile, derbysaddler and Saigon Saddler with 3 points - well done to all!

In the weekly wins table, stig231 and Exile lead the way with 4 weekly wins each, and this is reflected in the Predictions table, as Exile is now the outright leader as we are just about a third of the way through the season.
Some good movement up the table for the likes of Asps, derbysaddler, Welsh_Saddler, and Old Penk Saddler.

Next Saturday's games will be up and running Tues evening.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:37 am

Hi Johnny!

IS it true that we can now predict 6 minutes after the kick-off time and have our scores counted as normal? This is great as I will now wait with a range of predictions poised ready to take advantage of any early goals.

This should give me the advantage I need to whittle away Manchester's hard earned 3 point advantage he has over me at this stage and prevent any more of the awful songs he insists on sharing.

*looks at table*

Oh, it doesn't look I need to employ this grotesque and desperate strategy after all! :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:44 am

Fixing 101: combine two sets of results. The peasants won't notice.

Oh, wait. :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:56 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:Hi Johnny!

IS it true that we can now predict 6 minutes after the kick-off time and have our scores counted as normal? This is great as I will now wait with a range of predictions poised ready to take advantage of any early goals.

No it isn't. I predicted my 3 games before kick off but it didn't get through on the system, as explained. I refer you to my other post on the week 14 thread for more detail!

Exile wrote:Fixing 101: combine two sets of results. The peasants won't notice.

Oh, wait. :wink:

You really are a cynic Exile! The reason I did a combined table for last week was because I was working all the hours god sends last week and didn't get a chance to do it until Fri eve, by which point it seemed a bit pointless doing a table with games the following day, and it would save me time to do 2 weeks worth together. I'm not trying to fix anything, or deceive anyone, and I'm a bit disappointed you'd think that.

As I explained in the week 14 thread, I hadn't forgotten to predict before kick off time, it genuinely just hadn't got through for some reason. But, as I'd hate for my honesty or integrity to be questionned, I have retracted any points I got from Tues eve, so there is no bad feeling or dispute, and also redone the week 14 and week 15 tables separately so it is clear where people stand after each week.
I know how much this means to you and Saigon in your battle for prediction master status - may the best man win! :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:37 pm

I'm completely on your side JJ.

I admire you for this and I'm simply jealous that I didn't think of coming up with a blue screen episode myself. I've personally never had such an experience in 8 years of predicting, partly because I take the precaution of predicting more than 20 nanoseconds before kick-off, eliminating any troublesome last second computer glitches. Having said that, my heart is broken at your loss. :(

On the positive side, it seems Exile is going for his third straight season in which an unassailable lead is thrown away in a fit of disastrous choking, so it's just a question of who is going to wrest it from him (it's probably my turn). Also, you now have the same points as me, and as I'm going to win it again you stand as good a chance as anyone. :wink:

On another positive note - Manchester has gone very, very quiet.

:D :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:37 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:I admire you for this and I'm simply jealous that I didn't think of coming up with a blue screen episode myself. I've personally never had such an experience in 8 years of predicting, partly because I take the precaution of predicting more than 20 nanoseconds before kick-off, eliminating any troublesome last second computer glitches. Having said that, my heart is broken at your loss. :(

Give it a rest. Still accusing me of lying. Also, I didn't leave it till 20 nano seconds before kick off, I never do.

#sigh

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:54 pm

My response was aimed clearly at the gamesmanship and manipulation shown by our Far Eastern friend, whose regular mid-season panic appears to have started earlier than usual during this competition.

May I suggest to avoid future issues that you merely post after the match saying "JJ, by PM, predicted the following [insert appropriate matches here]". Having looked myself I am well aware that when you posted no goals had been scored and therefore saigon's pusillanimous comment merely reflects on his own desperation to force his rivals out of his way. Like the child in the toy store screaming "I want!!!" at everything, he's best ignored.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics