Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1: Table 2013-2014

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1: Table 2013-2014

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Penultimate table of the season, after today's games! Slighlty lower than normal scoring and one big fat zero, but the winning score was 4 points, scored by the 'Brothers Casswell', Casual D and myself - well done bro! Shame that I have finally come into some form over the last 3-4 weeks when my chance of top spot was long gone! Casual D now onto 5 weekly wins, but Old Penk still leading with 9.

We go into the last prediction week next Saturday with it hardly being closer. There is one point between Old Penk and Exile so studying form and taking time over the 3 games will be vital!! Maybe I should get them both to PM their predictions, so there can be no accusations of copying or anything underhand!!

Nearly there folks!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat May 03, 2014 6:52 am

An exciting finish!

I'm meeting Exile tomoz - we shall compare notes!

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat May 03, 2014 11:07 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:An exciting finish!

Not if you don't tell me where we're not. I am not traipsing round Fort Street looking for you.

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Sat May 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Exile wrote:

Not if you don't tell me where we're not. I am not traipsing round Fort Street looking for you.

I thought that the traipsing was the exciting finish

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed May 07, 2014 10:05 am

canadiansaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:

I thought that the traipsing was the exciting finish

That's the happy ending. :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat May 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Well, here it is folks! After last week's final league games, and a gruelling season of high calibre predicting, here is the final table, and it couldn't be closer!! Before we get to that, let's deal with week 45 as it is. Okay scoring, and the winning score was 4 points, achieved by 5 predictors: Saigon Saddler, derbysaddler, canadiansaddler, Martkrugeleysaddler and little ol' me. Well done to us all!

Now down to the important stuff. Exile had to better Old Penk by 2 points in the final week to overhaul his lead. As it was he scored 1 better and they finished tied on 108 points! But, in the event of a tie, it would go down to number of weekly wins, and as Old Penk had 9 to Exile's 8, he has just pipped our friend from Down Under on 'goal difference'. So, please raise your glass, clap your hands and cheer loudly for our Prediction League 2013-14 WINNER - Old Penk Saddler!

Below is the final table, as well as the weekly wins table so you can see how close it was, as well as remind yourself of who else did well across the season. May I say that this year, has been a top scoring year. Last year, Welsh Saddler won it with 85 points, the only one to achieve more than 80, whereas this year, 4 predictors have got over 100!! Either you lot are getting better at this predicting lark, or the games were just too easy and predictable, ha ha!!

Hope you all enjoyed the fun, a shame that a few people drifted off during it, and particularly near the end after spending most of the season doing it ( :? ?!), and see you all again next season for more of the same! :D

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat May 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Many thanks to Jolly Johnny for his efforts throughout the season. He's obviously one very committed individual, or perhaps qualifies to BE committed??? Well done, mate, and thanks again.

I'm still trying to work out how it is that I got 10 more points than last year's winning total and yet fell away so badly!!! Brings back all my school reports........."Could do better".........."Must try harder"..... etc. etc.

:D

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat May 10, 2014 9:23 pm

I am happy to call it a draw considering both Sexy and I so soundly thrashed our Oriental friend. :D

Thanks for the excellent work from JJ all season.

Can I suggest 3 points for an actual correct prediction next year so my win will be more emphatic.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat May 10, 2014 11:17 pm

OldPenkSaddler wrote:I am happy to call it a draw considering both Sexy and I so soundly thrashed our Oriental friend. :D

The big win is yours, my friend. I'll take points per round, having done 2/3 of a round fewer.

That table's most amusing as it changes some punters around:

2.43 exile
2.40 old penk saddler
2.289 HK saddler
2.288 Saigon saddler
2.27 jolly johnny
2.24 Aldridge_saddler
2.20 stig
2.11 derbysaddler
2.11 welsh saddler
1.93 chestersaddler
1.93 martkrugeleysaddler

Next year I might pick all the matches and not fluff a week thereby demonstrating my incredible consistency and superiority over flash in the pan loudmouth upstarts.

Big thanks to JJ for his outstanding work all season.

See you all there!

Previous
Return to UTS Classics