Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Brentford (H) League One Sat 18th Jan 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Re: Brentford (H) League One Sat 18th Jan 3pm

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:People read his posts? He's in Rogerem territory for me.

Oh, that he could meet the same fate...... :D

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:16 pm

You've got to question someone above the age of 12 who revels in being a message board clown.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:I suppose there is a remote possibility that someone even more smug and condescending than sallian exists...but I'm not holding my breath. :roll:

I wish he would! :mrgreen:

Leatherman
Site Addict

Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:58 pm

sallian wrote:
What a pathetic, vacuous attempt at a rebuttal that was. Let me educate you or draw you back to the path of honesty (if it ever existed in you). Even though there is nothing you've said that refutes even one point I've made, it was more like a generalized, frustrated waffle of no shape.:-

"....without any first hand knowledge..." Wrong. First hand knowledge of some games, gives you knowledge of the team, their style and capabilities. Unless you are aware of them mutating into something totally different in each game.

Secondly, statistics and results tell a story, but maybe you are of those incapable to read such information.

"...the most popular opinions..." Decided by who? Based on which survey? Of what size sample? Or do you mean the opinions that you agree with? Also young lad, truth and accuracy is not decided by the amount of people that support it. An accurate assessment stands on its own conformity with reality and its own rationality, even if all are blind to that except one.

"...to arrive at some generalized conclusion that would fit any team in the world..." No, laddy boy...

i) I don't say that teams that are scoring many goals need to clearly work on scoring more.
ii) I don't say that teams deliver passes to danger areas early (rather than once the opposition defence has assembled) need to do what they are already doing.
iii) I don't say that Lalkovic should play centrally and advanced due to his trickery, finishing and speed in a team that has a goal drought...except for Walsall....because he plays for Walsall. I know how he plays, I know his poor decision making, I know his qualities through seeing him play several times...in addition to second hand reports which further confirm my knowledge of him. And it appears he is improving.
iv) I say Walsall need to learn to play the ball into dangerous space, rather than only to a free man. They suffer from that tactical weapon missing in every game, it is a more emphatic mistake due to them having a few players who would benefit from it due to their speed. I don't say this for other teams unless they also fail to do it.
v) I say Walsall strikers should have radical shooting drills....like the 'hitting spots' of tennis players, that means having 500+ shots in one session which requires a lot of footballs. I am pretty sure they don't do it. But I know from experience such training brings about dramatic improvement as the muscle memory and natural adjustments kick in. Do I say this for all teams? Yes, as it will improve any striker, but strikers who keep missing chances need it a great deal more.
vi) I say Walsall need to create more chances and have more shots than they do...they over elaborate, take too many passes at the wrong time, and they do it in every game I see, and people regularly confirm the same happens at games I don't see.
vii) I say the strikers need more psychological preparation for the game and the whole team needs more scoring ambition...a sports psychology which amounts to 'We can win 10-0 we are going to score 10, I am going to score 10 etc' But I am not going to delve into the mental mechanics that appear to be some of the reason why such things work, as these higher level esoterics of performance psychology I expect are well beyond you, judging by your previous immature and emotional judgements.

Also, '...applied to any team...' in a sense yes, as the aim of the game is one, whatever teams are playing it and certain principles of success are universal. So the thing you attack as a weakness is actually not a weakness but you are ignorant of that due to a lack of thought.

So....think, think and think again...and put upon yourself in a state of humiliation and contrition thy 'Sallian is Right' T-shirt.

You're not fooling anybody you know; you really don't know what you're talking about do you? :D

I've got to go now, other things beckon. Good luck with the amateur dramatics by the way, although you really ought to be looking for a different part soon. Nobody likes being typecast as The twerp.

Sotto voce: " This bloke really is one stop short of Dagenham..."

DYSaddler
UTS Veteran

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 pm

WFC_Rob wrote:
leics_saddler wrote:The next stage is not to worry so much about signing anyone, it's to try and get everyone there contracted for next year at least - they are that good.
I would include Lalkovic and Brandy in there as well.

Yes, good point. Taylor and Westcarr would be the two at the top of my list, and I'm sure Smith is doing all he can to tie them down for longer.

Fear for Westcarr - he hasn't seemed very loyal when it's come to contract offers/extensions. He rejected an offer from the club in the summer and waited till the last minute to sign up. I think one sniff of a slightly better offer from elsewhere and he will be gone.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 pm

King Crimson wrote:Spot on. The game flows when players don't hack each other down, timewaste, shirt pull, etc etc. If players don't abide by the laws, the ref administers sanctions. Quite frankly, the aesthetics of the beautiful game are none of their business, and only the super egos of the Graham Polls of this world make folk think otherwise.

Correct.

All the pathetic timewasting that goes on in the game these days does my fruit in. All the little tapping the ball away, or running off with it nonsense.

And teams that run the to corner flag in the 88th minute when they could score again. Bore off.

sallian
Glitterati

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Leatherman wrote:
sallian wrote:
What a pathetic, vacuous attempt at a rebuttal that was. Let me educate you or draw you back to the path of honesty (if it ever existed in you). Even though there is nothing you've said that refutes even one point I've made, it was more like a generalized, frustrated waffle of no shape.:-

"....without any first hand knowledge..." Wrong. First hand knowledge of some games, gives you knowledge of the team, their style and capabilities. Unless you are aware of them mutating into something totally different in each game.

Secondly, statistics and results tell a story, but maybe you are of those incapable to read such information.

"...the most popular opinions..." Decided by who? Based on which survey? Of what size sample? Or do you mean the opinions that you agree with? Also young lad, truth and accuracy is not decided by the amount of people that support it. An accurate assessment stands on its own conformity with reality and its own rationality, even if all are blind to that except one.

"...to arrive at some generalized conclusion that would fit any team in the world..." No, laddy boy...

i) I don't say that teams that are scoring many goals need to clearly work on scoring more.
ii) I don't say that teams deliver passes to danger areas early (rather than once the opposition defence has assembled) need to do what they are already doing.
iii) I don't say that Lalkovic should play centrally and advanced due to his trickery, finishing and speed in a team that has a goal drought...except for Walsall....because he plays for Walsall. I know how he plays, I know his poor decision making, I know his qualities through seeing him play several times...in addition to second hand reports which further confirm my knowledge of him. And it appears he is improving.
iv) I say Walsall need to learn to play the ball into dangerous space, rather than only to a free man. They suffer from that tactical weapon missing in every game, it is a more emphatic mistake due to them having a few players who would benefit from it due to their speed. I don't say this for other teams unless they also fail to do it.
v) I say Walsall strikers should have radical shooting drills....like the 'hitting spots' of tennis players, that means having 500+ shots in one session which requires a lot of footballs. I am pretty sure they don't do it. But I know from experience such training brings about dramatic improvement as the muscle memory and natural adjustments kick in. Do I say this for all teams? Yes, as it will improve any striker, but strikers who keep missing chances need it a great deal more.
vi) I say Walsall need to create more chances and have more shots than they do...they over elaborate, take too many passes at the wrong time, and they do it in every game I see, and people regularly confirm the same happens at games I don't see.
vii) I say the strikers need more psychological preparation for the game and the whole team needs more scoring ambition...a sports psychology which amounts to 'We can win 10-0 we are going to score 10, I am going to score 10 etc' But I am not going to delve into the mental mechanics that appear to be some of the reason why such things work, as these higher level esoterics of performance psychology I expect are well beyond you, judging by your previous immature and emotional judgements.

Also, '...applied to any team...' in a sense yes, as the aim of the game is one, whatever teams are playing it and certain principles of success are universal. So the thing you attack as a weakness is actually not a weakness but you are ignorant of that due to a lack of thought.

So....think, think and think again...and put upon yourself in a state of humiliation and contrition thy 'Sallian is Right' T-shirt.

You're not fooling anybody you know; you really don't know what you're talking about do you? :D

I've got to go now, other things beckon. Good luck with the amateur dramatics by the way, although you really ought to be looking for a different part soon. Nobody likes being typecast as The pregnant fish.

Sotto voce: " This bloke really is one stop short of Dagenham..."

Walsall 1 Brentford 1

Sallian 5 Illiterates 0 (you lot didn't even have a shot on goal)

sallian
Glitterati

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:31 pm

kshammer wrote:You've got to question someone above the age of 12 who revels in being a message board clown.

I don't revel in it, it's a psychological condition I'm seeking treatment for.....but all the psychologists have inferior theories and treatment ideas in comparison to mine. Maybe I need a psychiatrist or just seek advice from Peter Hart.

I wasn't integrated into society, I lived as a hermit for many years....so I don't realize when I am speaking down to people, most of my friends are imaginary and they don't like me either.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:44 pm

sallian wrote:
kshammer wrote:You've got to question someone above the age of 12 who revels in being a message board clown.

I lived as a hermit for many years....

Not for long enough.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Must be from Cannock...

sallian
Glitterati

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:18 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
sallian wrote:

I lived as a hermit for many years....

Not for long enough.

I didn't use the time well enough. But I am still in some sort of occultation, when I properly arise & manifest...expect to feel its effects, unless I miscalculate and go off the rails.

sallian
Glitterati

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:23 am

Exile wrote:Must be from Cannock...

No, significantly further away than that...but I do remember Peter Hart's belief in a higher calling and I'm sure he gives some sound and good willed counsel to his parish and any Walsall supporters in need. His short back pass during the Chelsea game is forgiven by me along with it being six goals insignificant a mistake anyway. We need some Barnwell & Graydon discipline on this board for some of you insolent riff raff.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 am

Is someone trying to take over my position on UTS? :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:42 am

FACT!

:mrgreen:

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:People read his posts? He's in Rogerem territory for me.

Oh, that he could meet the same fate...... :D

Bloody annoying having to scroll past the drivel.

*says me*

kshammer
Site Addict

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:10 am

SheffieldSaddler wrote:

Is someone trying to take over my position on UTS? :mrgreen:

Difference is you're quite good at it. :lol:

Leatherman
Site Addict

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:59 am

sallian wrote:

No, significantly further away than that...but I do remember Peter Hart's belief in a higher calling and I'm sure he gives some sound and good willed counsel to his parish and any Walsall supporters in need. His short back pass during the Chelsea game is forgiven by me along with it being six goals insignificant a mistake anyway. We need some Barnwell & Graydon discipline on this board for some of you insolent riff raff.

Pluto?

SWS1

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Leatherman wrote:
sallian wrote:

Pluto?

I'm sure he's got one of those, too :lol:

Previous
Return to 2013-14 Season