Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) Tue 17 Sep, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2013-2014 season as Walsall finished 13th in League 1
latviancheese
Site Addict

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) Tue 17 Sep, 7.45pm

Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:37 pm

How good does that little midfield trio look though? Excellent.

Taylor was superb, the first half tactic for Wolves was to aim it at Sigurdson's head out wide, and Taylor simply beat him every time, which is no mean feat. Even when Sako beat him, he recovered with the tackle. He can also attack, i would be looking to tie him down to a longer contract as he looks better every year, and is a prime candidate to be poached near the end of a contract.

An experienced head, who rarely gets the plaudits but is such a vital part of that defence.

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:10 pm

latviancheese wrote:How good does that little midfield trio look though? Excellent.

Taylor was superb, the first half tactic for Wolves was to aim it at Sigurdson's head out wide, and Taylor simply beat him every time, which is no mean feat. Even when Sako beat him, he recovered with the tackle. He can also attack, i would be looking to tie him down to a longer contract as he looks better every year, and is a prime candidate to be poached near the end of a contract.

An experienced head, who rarely gets the plaudits but is such a vital part of that defence.

He must be in the top couple of left backs in our league.

Cully
Site Addict

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:25 pm

My man of the match and one of the best fullbacks we have ever had was Andy Taylor. If anyone deserves a contract extension this man does.

PERIOD

Chant of the night for me was 'Kenny Jacket get your coat, get your coat, get your coat' repeat ad nauseum until your head falls off.

Can the smelly person who sat close to me please wash a little more frequently...........he absolutely hummed.

Oh and do the Dingles have some of the fattest fans on the planet, there appeared to be hundreds of orange coloured dingles wearing the largest shirts known to mankind which gave them the appearance of those costume giants that used to feature in 'It's a knockout' back in the day

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Good look to the wolves for the rest of the season!

Actually, sod that, stuff the dirty 6 fingered, inbred dog heads. We took you - at your shed! :D

Norfolk_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Only tonight did the adrenalin start to wear off and so I watched the goal again and again and again - Adrenaline level back up to100% :D

Left Norwich at 12:30pm on Tuesday, three hour drive. Missed lunch. Beers in a right "home" pub - the Great Western - full of dogheads. Then the day just got better.

Got back to Norwich 1:30am. 1 year old gets me up at 230am and then again at 6am.

No sleep. Still no sign of my voice coming back. And £100 worse off, after expenses and a 400 mile round trip. Knackered and broke.

Why did I do it???

BECAUSE I FLIPPING LOVE THE SADDLERS. :D :D :D :D :D

please, oh please lordy in the name of the almighty Butler, do not let this feeling ever end............!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:35 pm

8) [quote="Cully"]My man of the match and one of the best fullbacks we have ever had was Andy Taylor. If anyone deserves a contract extension this man does.

PERIOD

Chant of the night for me was 'Kenny Jacket get your coat, get your coat, get your coat' repeat ad nauseum until your head falls off.

Can the smelly person who sat close to me please wash a little more frequently...........he absolutely hummed.

Oh and do the Dingles have some of the fattest fans on the planet, there appeared to be hundreds of orange coloured dingles wearing the largest shirts known to mankind which gave them the appearance of those costume giants that used to feature in 'It's a knockout' back in the day

Image[

If you were around J L2 Area I had the misfortune of sitting behind him. He was standing during half time and I was sitting down and he farted right by my head. Fair made my eyes water l can tell you

Andy_Petterson
Glitterati

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Norfolk_Saddler wrote:Only tonight did the adrenalin start to wear off and so I watched the goal again and again and again - Adrenaline level back up to100% :D

Left Norwich at 12:30pm on Tuesday, three hour drive. Missed lunch. Beers in a right "home" pub - the Great Western - full of dogheads. Then the day just got better.

Got back to Norwich 1:30am. 1 year old gets me up at 230am and then again at 6am.

No sleep. Still no sign of my voice coming back. And £100 worse off, after expenses and a 400 mile round trip. Knackered and broke.

Why did I do it???

BECAUSE I FLIPPING LOVE THE SADDLERS. :D :D :D :D :D

please, oh please lordy in the name of the almighty Butler, do not let this feeling ever end............!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Great Western is a top pub.

Great post Norfolk Saddler.

Norfolk_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:20 am

Here's a little something I made earlier, but please note there is some printed swearwords on it.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_7uN8hs0zs&fea ... load_owner

:lol: :lol:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:18 am

Norfolk_Saddler wrote:Here's a little something I made earlier, but please note there is some printed swearwords on it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_7uN8hs ... load_owner

Priceless!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 am

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
latviancheese wrote:How good does that little midfield trio look though? Excellent.

I think he's in the top one.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:53 am

Leatherman wrote:

Something shouldn't be missed here. Taylor is only with us, because he's injury prone, like other players we've had in recent years.

We have a valuable asset in Jon Whitney, and he's definitely reduced the chance of injury for those players.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 am

I suppose on reflection, the only thing I was disappointed with was the lack of Banjo playing kids on the flyovers as we exited that fine city.

Maybe next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE
Last edited by Leatherman on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:46 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Leatherman wrote:

Something shouldn't be missed here. Taylor is only with us, because he's injury prone, like other players we've had in recent years.

We have a valuable asset in Jon Whitney, and he's definitely reduced the chance of injury for those players.

I know. He didn't do too bad last season and, fingers crossed, now he's fit again, with a bit of luck, he should be ok for most of this.

Like you say Jon Whitney and the other backroom staff have an important part to play in this campaign, particularly as the squad isn't the biggest. Something that appears to get over looked from time to time.

kshammer
Site Addict

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:20 pm

The backroom staff, Deano, O'Kelly etc have done superbly. Look at someone like Brandy as well. They get him fit (so fit in fact he can take constant bootings from full backs), his form makes him believe he is the dogs nadbags and he gets a move. Obviously he must have worked hard but his form could have been largely down to our physio's, coaches and Deano who finally get consistency from him and fulfil a bit of potential. It will be interesting to see if Sheff Utd end up looking after him as well.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:05 pm

Fitness is also remarkably improved, we really look very professional these days.

Cully
Site Addict

Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Norfolk_Saddler wrote:Here's a little something I made earlier, but please note there is some printed swearwords on it.....

Superb job Norfolk, very funny :lol:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:41 pm

I am disgusted with the language in Phils video.

Most of its me.

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:45 am

Cully wrote:

Superb job Norfolk, very funny :lol:

I agree, absolutely.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:06 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Was just about to set out for he game but will have to give it five minutes because I can't stop laughing people will think I'm on drugs

Superb Norfolk!!

Previous
Return to 2013-14 Season