Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1 2012-13: A New Season!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Prediction League 1 2012-13: A New Season!!

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:43 am

I've heard you're good at coming from behind.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:48 am

Practice makes perfect. :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Here is the updated table after yesterday's games. Some pretty good scoring on the whole, as the fancied teams all got the results as thought, other than the plastic brigade. Only one zero (sorry Fray!) but the week's winner was stig231 with an impressive 5 points - well done! Exile clawed back a point on Welsh, but he still has the two games in hand, and with others just below with postponed games to come as well, there could be a great scrap for second spot!

Postponed games are coming up over the next two Tuesdays, so certainly ones to keep your eye on, not just for the Saddlers' play off fate, but for the prediction table as well!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Jockey wrote:I wish I predicted a bit more and would have given myself a great chance!

Only a few matches left to try and catch Welsh_Saddler who is 6 points clear with 2 games in hand :cry:

This should make you feel better then mate!! :wink:

livingthedream
UTS Regular

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Oh dear, I feel like Ronnie Moore :roll:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:06 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:Postponed games are coming up over the next two Tuesdays, so certainly ones to keep your eye on, not just for the Saddlers' play off fate, but for the prediction table as well!

My two postponed predictions are seething in their silos like North Korean missiles pointing at Guam and... erm... somewhere else. Manchester and Saigon, trembling in their wafer-thin bunkers of a single point advantage, will feel the blast and tremble on Tuesday night.

Armageddon awaits, gentlemen. See the double asterisks, and try to stifle your screams.

:!:

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:14 am

Bring me my brown trousers!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 am

I wish Manchester would get out from under my feet and give me the clear run I need to third and beyond. It's looks as if I'm fifth, but I'm not.

I'm poised in 4th. :idea:

As for Crimson - there may be some temporary disturbance, but this will soon settle as you characteristically revert to girlish predictions such as Pisspantia to win away at Velocitron United.

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Asps wrote:Amazes me how a mod always seems to win this.

This is the point where I remind predictors that I (a non-mod) [size=20]came from 12 points behind to WIN with a record score of 104.

Other non-mod winners:

Jeffsmate
Atomic Rooster same points as Manchester
Stig231
Stig231 (joint)
SaigonSaddler

Mod winners

HKSaddler
Whitti (joint)

:D

Just to please Sound_out, I've fixed that for you!

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:11 am

Another fallacy from the right :mrgreen:

Actually there's a reason why mods and admins tend to do well: they go on the site a fair amount of time. In essence, this is won by people who turn up, and most mods are in that group.

Of course, you turn up, but you're crap at predicting :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:12 am

HKSaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

This is the point where I remind predictors that I (a non-mod) [size=20]came from 12 points behind to WIN with a record score of 104.

Other non-mod winners:

Jeffsmate
Atomic Rooster same points as Manchester
Stig231
Stig231 (joint)
SaigonSaddler

Mod winners

HKSaddler
Whitti (joint)

Just to please Sound_out, I've fixed that for you!

Definately something wrong with that, but I can't put my finger on it. :| :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Don't care where I finish any more becaue Thatcher finally dropped dead. :D

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:29 pm

HKSaddler wrote:

Another fallacy from the right :mrgreen:

Actually there's a reason why mods and admins tend to do well: they go on the site a fair amount of time. In essence, this is won by people who turn up, and most mods are in that group.

Of course, you turn up, but you're crap at predicting :wink:

Mmmm 48 points xx

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:49 pm

"Games in hand" probably won't mean much, looking at tonight's results!!! :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:"Games in hand" probably won't mean much, looking at tonight's results!!! :D

Ha ha, quite true!

No updated table after last night's games as nothing changed! All the people predicted a Donny win. Postponed games are also on next Tues (16th) and the following Tuesday (23rd) so there may be a bit of movement then.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:47 am

King Crimson wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:Postponed games are coming up over the next two Tuesdays, so certainly ones to keep your eye on, not just for the Saddlers' play off fate, but for the prediction table as well!

My two postponed predictions are seething in their silos like North Korean missiles pointing at Guam and... erm... somewhere else. Manchester and Saigon, trembling in their wafer-thin bunkers of a single point advantage, will feel the blast and tremble on Tuesday night.

Armageddon awaits, gentlemen. See the double asterisks, and try to stifle your screams.

Another failed missile test, eh, KC?

Firing blanks as usual...

:D :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:42 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

*PHHHHHUTTTTTT*

8)

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Table after today's games. Pretty average scoring and only a couple of blobs. The winning score was 3 points, achieved by derby, Welsh, King Crimson, livingthedream and canadian. Well done to all of you. That win takes derbysaddler level on 7 weekly wins with Jockey, so lots to try for in the final 3 league prediction weeks.

There are potponed games being played this Tues, so will try and update table after that, if possible or necessary.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:36 pm

King Crimson wrote:

Delayed rather than failed.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:57 pm

After tonight's (disappointing :( ) results, here is the updated table. Only Duke scored from it, primarily as Sheff Utd drew, so goes up a place or two. There are three more postponed games next Tuesday.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 pm

King Crimson wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

Delayed rather than failed.

Failed really. The only thing that is keeping you above me is the fact that you chose King Crimson as your moniker.

I could have (and should have) chosen Dream Theater - or aeeee.

Then who would be laughing?

:wink:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Not you, if you're a Dream Theater fan. The rest of us, however..

:mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:08 pm

I should have chosen Boney M, or Ho Chi Minh Saddler. Then I would be exceedingly pleased. At the moment my magnificence is being thwarted by nincomtardpoops. :|

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:59 pm

King Crimson wrote:Not you, if you're a Dream Theater fan. The rest of us, however..

:mrgreen:

You have no taste, KC.

I won't even begin to discuss Saigon's obsession with Boney M!

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:54 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:I should have chosen Boney M, or Ho Chi Minh Saddler. Then I would be exceedingly pleased. At the moment my magnificence is being thwarted by nincomtardpoops. :|

I see you more as a Milli Vanilli type poster. Or maybe Psy.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am

No chuffling way! :|

I should be third now, pulling ahead of the cluster of scum that have been blocking my passage for several weeks. This genius prediction deserved to reward me by placing me ahead of the assorted detritus in 4th.

Walsall V Bury 2-0

I've been thwarted by a huge heap of bad luck and now it's down to the last week and anything could happen. :|

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:22 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:No chuffling way! :|

I should be third now, pulling ahead of the cluster of scum that have been blocking my passage for several weeks. This genius prediction deserved to reward me by placing me ahead of the assorted detritus in 4th.

Walsall V Bury 2-0

I've been thwarted by a huge heap of bad luck and now it's down to the last week and anything could happen. :|

I think Welsh has made a pact with Satan!

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:47 am

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:No chuffling way! :|

Walsall V Bury 2-0

I think Welsh has made a pact with Satan!

The devil I have! :twisted:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Penultimate week table, after yesterday's games. A really low scoring week, thanks to the likes of Donny and McDongs failing to win. A couple of blobs but the week's winning score was just 2 points, scored by stig231 and Aldridge_Saddler. Well done to both. Derby and Jockey are both tied on 7 weekly wins.

First and second look pretty secure now, but there is a very tight race for the last place on the podium, so all to play for going into next Saturday's final games. The postponed games in Tues could make all the difference too.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:17 pm

With one game left I am taking the first tentative steps towards putting the champagne on ice....at the same time I can just about hear the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from a direction not a million miles away from Saigon. :wink:

However, bearing in mind my ability (just like my beloved Saddlers) to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory I shall not engage in any early crowing or exhibit anything but graciousness towards my fellow competitors, no matter how inferior they may be.

Oh, all right then... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics