Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1 2012-13: A New Season!!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1 2012-13: A New Season!!

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:38 am

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:10 players on 48-50 points!

Only two on 60-70 points.

Just sayin' :D

Fixed that for you :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Updated table after tonight's postponed games. Not as much movement as I thought there'd be, but a significant move is that Welsh Saddler has caught, and now level with, Exile, on top spot!!

There are 6 postponed games still outstanding, so keep your eye out over the coming weeks for new updates. Some people still have 2 or 3 games in hand, so could help a late charge up the table!

Week 32 prediction thread is now up and running.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Congrats, Welsh. Can't think of anyone I'd rather share top spot with. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:29 am

Exile wrote:Congrats, Welsh. Can't think of anyone I'd rather share top spot with. :D

Me?

:D :wink:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:54 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:Congrats, Welsh. Can't think of anyone I'd rather share some dubious genital spots with. :D

Me?

Fixed that for you both. :mrgreen:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 pm

King Crimson wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:Congrats, Welsh. Can't think of anyone I'd rather share some dubious genital spots with. :D

Me?

That brings Rowan Atkinson's "blue" version of the schoolmaster calling the register......."Herpes?......still with us I see, Herpes"

:lol:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:20 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Me?

That brings Rowan Atkinson's "blue" version of the schoolmaster calling the register......."Herpes?......still with us I see, Herpes"

That is a brilliant sketch - never fails to make me cry with laughter!

Fist up?! Vulva?!! :lol:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:42 pm

I actually saw Rowan Atkinson perform that live in the early 80's.

Comedy gold!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:47 pm

>>> :!: <<<

Many times avid fans come up to me and ask - what makes you one of the best predictors? I simply shake my head and smile knowingly. I'm not one of the best predictors, I say, I am THE best predictor of ALL TIME. They then roll their eyes in an act of realisation and walk away, but if they did have the moral fibre to ask the question that is searing like a hot diamond through to the pit of their poisoned souls, it would be - why are you the pre-eminent predictor of all time?

Perhaps others are better placed to answer this. It's probably genetic. Anyway, I digress. Two things immediately stand out from the latest update - one is the wilting challenge of Exile, reaping something of the bitter seed of going ahead far too early and ending up coughing up a nausiating mixture of bile and sticky mucus after over-consumption of a surfeit of rotten and pungent fruit. Nine points is a monstrous fumble and one that I have no pleasure in witnessing. Such incompetence is a warning to others though. Shameful.

The second is the inevitable breakthrough that everyone was waiting for. Not only has the exceedingly irrelevant threat of Manchester been despatched for yet another season - the fourth consecutive - but the glittering prize of victory is now within the grasp of someone with the potential to grasp it. 8 points is nothing for someone of this outstanding potential, this calibre of skill and this colossal heritage. It will be the most amazing triumph since, well, last season when I triumphed in a truly monumental and awesome fashion!

All anyone can ask is they have a chance at the title on the last weekend. If there is any justice, then the patient humility I have bourne throughout this season will put me in favour of the tempestuous winds of fortune and waft me gently up beyond the claws of the assorted scum and through the gates of heaven to the seat of magnificence.

A chink of light. An opportunity. 8 points is possible. In a number of the billion possible futures, I win the prediction league for a second time. MAKE IT SO!
Here is an overlong montage of Vietnamese people running with flags and tanks breaking things to emphasize my point! If you look closely you can literally witness the exact moment (2.23) of the wheels falling off Exile's campaign!

audaces fortuna iuvat

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Qm4u2qtrc [/youtube]

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Updated table after the final 'weekend' game that was played tonight. Only a couple of zeros but the winning score was 4 points, achieved by both King Crimson and Casual D. Well done to you two! A little bit of movement in the table, but Exile and Welsh Saddler still lead the way.

Week 33 thread will be set up tomoz, ahead of the first game on Friday night.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 am

Until admin secures the required software to generate a 'smug' emoticon, I'll have to make do with this:

8-)

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:00 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:>>> :!: <<<

Many times avid fans come up to me and ask - what makes you one of the best predictors? I simply shake my head and smile knowingly. I'm not one of the best predictors, I say, I am THE best predictor of ALL TIME. They then roll their eyes in an act of realisation and walk away, but if they did have the moral fibre to ask the question that is searing like a hot diamond through to the pit of their poisoned souls, it would be - why are you the pre-eminent predictor of all time?

Perhaps others are better placed to answer this. It's probably genetic. Anyway, I digress. Two things immediately stand out from the latest update - one is the wilting challenge of Exile, reaping something of the bitter seed of going ahead far too early and ending up coughing up a nausiating mixture of bile and sticky mucus after over-consumption of a surfeit of rotten and pungent fruit. Nine points is a monstrous fumble and one that I have no pleasure in witnessing. Such incompetence is a warning to others though. Shameful.

The second is the inevitable breakthrough that everyone was waiting for. Not only has the exceedingly irrelevant threat of Manchester been despatched for yet another season - the fourth consecutive - but the glittering prize of victory is now within the grasp of someone with the potential to grasp it. 8 points is nothing for someone of this outstanding potential, this calibre of skill and this colossal heritage. It will be the most amazing triumph since, well, last season when I triumphed in a truly monumental and awesome fashion!

All anyone can ask is they have a chance at the title on the last weekend. If there is any justice, then the patient humility I have bourne throughout this season will put me in favour of the tempestuous winds of fortune and waft me gently up beyond the claws of the assorted scum and through the gates of heaven to the seat of magnificence.

A chink of light. An opportunity. 8 points is possible. In a number of the billion possible futures, I win the prediction league for a second time. MAKE IT SO!
Here is an overlong montage of Vietnamese people running with flags and tanks breaking things to emphasize my point! If you look closely you can literally witness the exact moment (2.23) of the wheels falling off Exile's campaign!

audaces fortuna iuvat

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Qm4u2qtrc [/youtube]

You could keep a few hundred squadrons of airships afloat for years on the blustering hot air that comes from you, Saigon.

All this effort over a measly 3 point difference not forgetting the 2 games in hand I have over you.

I look forward to closing the gap and the verbal battering you will receive as a result of that.

:roll: :D :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Updated table after tonight's Tranny v Swinedom postponed game. No predictors scored a point as no-one predicted a Swindon win!
So, no change in the table, other than a handful of asterisks have gone!

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Can it be? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(albeit temporarily :wink: )

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:43 pm

>>> :!: <<<

NEW LEADER ALERT!

I was 13 points behind, now just 6 off the new leader WELSH_SADDLER.

Here is a fantastic tune to enjoy when considering the amazing triumphs and unmitigated DISASTERS of the last few weeks:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaItx-V1lmM[/youtube]

There is a vicious stabbing sound at 1.15 as if a luxuriant dream has been suppressed and killed, while the drums of doom kick in to massacre the miserable victims as they flee in despair.
The triumphant rise and rise of Welsh has been astronomical and all beneath him couch down in fear! All except me, obviously - but I do raise an eyebrow in acknowledgement.

>>>Onwards!<<<

I shall continue to reel in the hapless strugglers in my customary, legendary late "Saigon Surge" TM :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:54 pm

My work here at the head of the peloton is done. Time to retire to the pack and recharge for the final sprint. :mrgreen:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Here is the table after yesterday's games. Some low scoring as a few of the home 'bankers' didn't come off, but the winning score was 3 points, achieved by Asps and Fray Bentos is God! Well done you two! This means that FBIG joins the group on 4 weekly wins, the others being Donnington, Jockey and livingthedream.

We also have a new league leader! After pretty much leading the way all season, Exile has been caught, and overtaken, by Welsh Saddler. The battle gets hotter as go into the final weeks of the season!

There is a full set of fixtures this Tuesday and a thread already up and running, so don't forget to predict!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Updated table after tonight's midweek games. An exceedingly low scoring night as so many of the promotion hopefuls lost or dropped points. This left only 6 out of 20 predictors actually scoring any points!! :shock: Also, only 2 people scored more than 1 point. One of these was canadiansaddler who was the week's winner with 3 points, well done. It also puts him joint top on in weekly wins with 4.

Welsh scored a point to stretch his new lead to 2 points. Still lots of weeks to predict though, as well as postponed games to come, so all to play for. Next Saturday's prediction thread is now up and running.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:57 pm

So you can stick your little pins in that voodoo doll
Very sorry baby it don't look like me at all....

but i wish someone hadn't given me the anti-Midas touch. :(

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am

Oh my sweet jesus - this is actually happening! :shock:

I cannot offer any advice, as I have never lost a lead due to my supernatural vice like grip, but I might point you in the direction of Manchester and King Crimson, who are both very experienced in the area...

In an entirely unrelated subject, here is an exquisite video I happened to chance across exploring one of the greatest disasters of all time:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4W6YKeQNnI[/youtube]

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 am

>

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:18 am

Updated table afte yesterday's games. The winning score was 4 points, achieved by derbysaddler and ihatethecorps, well done you two! It also puts derbysaddler on 4 weekly wins and there are now 6 people leading the way with that number of weekly wins.

There a few of the postponed games this week so an updated table will appear again on Wednesday night. Could be some movement then as well.

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm bloody wobbling like a big wobbly jizz bomb

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Aldridge_saddler wrote:I'm bloody wobbling like a big wobbly jizz bomb

Indeed! Blobs the last two prediction weeks. :? Still plenty of time to catch the guy at the top though!

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Aldridge_saddler wrote:I'm bloody wobbling like a big wobbly jizz bomb

Me and thee both. Can't have upsets every week though! :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:53 am

>
What's that dark cloud on the horizon? It's ME. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe06QVhxjJQ[/youtube]

The table is effectively:

Welsh
Exile
Aldridge
Saigon
King Crimson
A selection of the usual mediocre chaff.

The usual epic devastating surge of ME, the anointed champion: eviscerator of the impure, exenterator of the weak, subjugator of the arrogant: is irresistably liquidating the flimsy challenges of demoralised victim after victim. All around me are those crippled with doubt. It's like a disease. I am a triumph of my own courageous resolve and resolution!

Soon, third position will be MINE, MINE and then to the vicious assault on Welsh and the summit of Mount Doom!

That picture shows Manchester - the sticky blood of another failed campaign curdling in his throat!
>>> I am immense! <<<

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:42 am

Were it remotely amusing or relevant, it would be comedy gold. As it is, this season-long immersion in self-indulgent tosh just serves to make everyone aware of the originator's penile shortcomings, so to speak...

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Well!

Where did that entirely unprovoked rude outburst come from??? :?

And I don't think it's got anything to do with my tiny penis. About 20% of my recent consorts have stated that they found the intercourse 'quite good', 'fairly good' or 'reasonable' - or was it 'questionable' ? Anyway, one even said that the whole episode had been 'really very amusing'.

I've a good mind to deny the audience my stream of consciousness for a while, as a punishment for this outlandish silliness. :| :!:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Here is the updated table after the postponed games played on Tues and Weds. Not much movement really as not many points scored from the games! Duke got 2 for correctly predicting Crawley v Carlisle. Only 2 postponed games left to catch up on now, which makes things look a lot cleaner!

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:57 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:>
What's that dark cloud on the horizon? It's ME. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe06QVhxjJQ[/youtube]

The table is effectively:

Welsh
Exile
Aldridge
Saigon
King Crimson
A selection of the usual mediocre chaff.

The usual epic devastating surge of ME, the anointed champion: eviscerator of the impure, exenterator of the weak, subjugator of the arrogant: is irresistably liquidating the flimsy challenges of demoralised victim after victim. All around me are those crippled with doubt. It's like a disease. I am a triumph of my own courageous resolve and resolution!

Soon, third position will be MINE, MINE and then to the vicious assault on Welsh and the summit of Mount Doom!

That picture shows Manchester - the sticky blood of another failed campaign curdling in his throat!
>>> I am immense! <<<

Never read such utter garbage in my life.

Saigon - I worry about you, my perverted friend.

Instead of making yourself sound like some sort of marauding warrior, slaying all other predictors as you march up the table ( I wouldn't mind but you are ONLY 4th) why not go and see one of those dodgy surgeons in the millions of emails you get. I'm sure many will be eager to extend the pathetic size of your manhood. I'm sure that you get thousands of them having signed up to a large number of extremely perverse web sites. I can imagine you watching them with a tear in your eye as you compare the size of the actors' members with your own shrunken walnut. When people laugh at your naked form you should gain strength and courage to get that operation. Just because a girl points and says "where is it?" or "is it in?" or "are you a girl?" doesn't mean to say that you should come on here and start spouting drivel about being a strong heroic marauding warrior (which is, incidentally, pathetic)

Big posts - small penis.

You know I'm right.

And I'm only three points behind you while you are a full 7 points off the lead.

I'm sure that Exile and King Crimson can reassure you that the operation is possible - and will only hurt A LOT!!!!!

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics