Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Which school(s) did you go to?

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
User avatar
Djinn
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:50 pm
Location: Burntwood

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:04 am

Bar Beacon 83-88 ............... dump of a place !

rushallsaddler
 

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 am

Beechdale infants and junior schools

Then onto Frank F Harrison - left in 78.

Lived on Beechdale until 85, married and lived in Rushall ever since.

User avatar
ucow
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:04 pm
Location: Making love to my tonic and gin

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:55 am

i went to chesyn hay high in 1986 dave were you in the same year as steve "nobby" hitchins?

User avatar
toffo
UTS Regular
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: Herefordshire

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:04 pm

addo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:Wood Green Junior then Wood Green High school both in Wednesbury

When was that mate i went to wood green comp too.



I left in the late 1970's when punk was in it's heyday.


I left wood green high school in 1981 addo, but my brother left in 1979. same time as yourself, he was a mod though.
Went to holyhead junior school in wednesbury

User avatar
Chrome Dome
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:17 pm

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:14 pm

saddlersdaz wrote:
Chrome Dome wrote:Edgar Stammers, Forest Comp, Walsall College of Art, North Staffs Poly, later Coventry Tech, and even later UCE.


What years was u at Forest Chrome?

I was ther from 85 - 91


Started in '73 when it first went comprehensive. Left in '80.
Was Brian "the Rat Hunting Man" Plummer still there when you were?

(He was the bloke whose ferret bit Richard Whitely)

User avatar
georgies best
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:17 pm
Location: willenhall

schools

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:14 pm

left hatherton lane 1969, frank f 1973

User avatar
merse-iah's disciple
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:58 pm
Location: Wimbledon

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:40 pm

Surrey Saddler wrote:Chuckery, QM, Aston , Imperial College(London).


I see we went to the same uni Surrey! Which subject did you do? Me - Chemistry with Management :roll:

User avatar
Will
UTS Regular
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:15 pm
Location: Aldridge

Willenhall Comp

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:58 pm

I went to Willenhall Comp
Walsall College of Arts & Technology
& University of Bradford, in Yorkshire - God's Country.

Favourite teachers were Mr McEvoy (Sociology) & Mr Barry (English)!

User avatar
longdogs
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: Longdon

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:59 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote: I think it was to Harden?


Nah, Mossley

Beat Cooper & Jordan in the semis, they were our bogey team that season up until then.


Reffed by Bob Hazell I seem to recall.

User avatar
coxy_saddler
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:46 am
Location: WS2

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:00 pm

addo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:Wood Green Junior then Wood Green High school both in Wednesbury

When was that mate i went to wood green comp too.



I left in the late 1970's when punk was in it's heyday.

:lol: was a Mr Glover there then? Or Mr Leadbeater :x

Percie
Glitterati
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:26 pm
Location: Wednesbury

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:39 pm

Albert Prichard Infact School
Wood Green Junior School
Wood Green High School
Wood Green High School 6th Form

By the way, I thought I was the best player Wood Green had ever produced :D

User avatar
toffo
UTS Regular
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: Herefordshire

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:44 pm

coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:Wood Green Junior then Wood Green High school both in Wednesbury

When was that mate i went to wood green comp too.



I left in the late 1970's when punk was in it's heyday.

:lol: was a Mr Glover there then? Or Mr Leadbeater :x


I remember leadbeater.used to smack you on the head with his knuckles............another loon was miss hiscocks(?) maths teacher, total case.
Used to be another maths teacher called miss merit...if you played up you had to go and sit by her next to her desk, but she was very good looking and never wore a bra.....cue riots in nearly every lesson with a cue of lads fighting to sit near her.....ah the memories

User avatar
coxy_saddler
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:46 am
Location: WS2

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:56 pm

toffo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:Wood Green Junior then Wood Green High school both in Wednesbury

When was that mate i went to wood green comp too.



I left in the late 1970's when punk was in it's heyday.

:lol: was a Mr Glover there then? Or Mr Leadbeater :x


I remember leadbeater.used to smack you on the head with his knuckles............another loon was miss hiscocks(?) maths teacher, total case.
Used to be another maths teacher called miss merit...if you played up you had to go and sit by her next to her desk, but she was very good looking and never wore a bra.....cue riots in nearly every lesson with a cue of lads fighting to sit near her.....ah the memories

:lol:
Leadbeater was a complete a$re hole"!! He really did hate me. Would always just pick on me the ***** :lol: Did have some laughs though. Jandu was the one, he would offer you out and ask you to take it outside with him :shock:

User avatar
Scooby
UTS Regular
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: On the outside looking in!!

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:56 pm

I went to St. Michael's primary school, Pelsall, then onto Shelfield Comp and then to Wolverhampton University. Joe90 I think I may know your 'real' identity!!!

User avatar
saddlersdaz
UTS Regular
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Over there

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:10 pm

Chrome Dome wrote:
saddlersdaz wrote:
Chrome Dome wrote:Edgar Stammers, Forest Comp, Walsall College of Art, North Staffs Poly, later Coventry Tech, and even later UCE.


What years was u at Forest Chrome?

I was ther from 85 - 91


Started in '73 when it first went comprehensive. Left in '80.
Was Brian "the Rat Hunting Man" Plummer still there when you were?

(He was the bloke whose ferret bit Richard Whitely)


Yeah plummer was still there, that ferret thing was quality!

Percie
Glitterati
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:26 pm
Location: Wednesbury

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:24 pm

coxy_saddler wrote:
toffo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:Wood Green Junior then Wood Green High school both in Wednesbury

When was that mate i went to wood green comp too.



I left in the late 1970's when punk was in it's heyday.

:lol: was a Mr Glover there then? Or Mr Leadbeater :x


I remember leadbeater.used to smack you on the head with his knuckles............another loon was miss hiscocks(?) maths teacher, total case.
Used to be another maths teacher called miss merit...if you played up you had to go and sit by her next to her desk, but she was very good looking and never wore a bra.....cue riots in nearly every lesson with a cue of lads fighting to sit near her.....ah the memories

:lol:
Leadbeater was a complete a$re hole"!! He really did hate me. Would always just pick on me the ***** :lol: Did have some laughs though. Jandu was the one, he would offer you out and ask you to take it outside with him :shock:


Toffo, Hiscocks left within the first year I started there (1998). Never had her as a teacher myself but you could always hear her voice no matter where you were in the Lloyd block. Right moody cow she was, used to shout at every chance she got.

You might remember the maths teacher, forgot his name now, began with R. Used to flick boggys at people. Stunk like BO an all.

User avatar
toffo
UTS Regular
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:57 pm
Location: Herefordshire

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:41 pm

Percie wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
toffo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:Wood Green Junior then Wood Green High school both in Wednesbury

When was that mate i went to wood green comp too.



I left in the late 1970's when punk was in it's heyday.

:lol: was a Mr Glover there then? Or Mr Leadbeater :x


I remember leadbeater.used to smack you on the head with his knuckles............another loon was miss hiscocks(?) maths teacher, total case.
Used to be another maths teacher called miss merit...if you played up you had to go and sit by her next to her desk, but she was very good looking and never wore a bra.....cue riots in nearly every lesson with a cue of lads fighting to sit near her.....ah the memories

:lol:
Leadbeater was a complete a$re hole"!! He really did hate me. Would always just pick on me the ***** :lol: Did have some laughs though. Jandu was the one, he would offer you out and ask you to take it outside with him :shock:


Toffo, Hiscocks left within the first year I started there (1998). Never had her as a teacher myself but you could always hear her voice no matter where you were in the Lloyd block. Right moody cow she was, used to shout at every chance she got.

You might remember the maths teacher, forgot his name now, began with R. Used to flick boggys at people. Stunk like BO an all.


I remember a maths teacher called Mr Randford, ginger baldy type of bloke........used to give him hell
He just gave up in the end and let us get on with it...Hiscocks used to come to his rescue sometimes ranting and raving.

Percie
Glitterati
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:26 pm
Location: Wednesbury

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:55 pm

toffo wrote:
Percie wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
toffo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:Wood Green Junior then Wood Green High school both in Wednesbury

When was that mate i went to wood green comp too.



I left in the late 1970's when punk was in it's heyday.

:lol: was a Mr Glover there then? Or Mr Leadbeater :x


I remember leadbeater.used to smack you on the head with his knuckles............another loon was miss hiscocks(?) maths teacher, total case.
Used to be another maths teacher called miss merit...if you played up you had to go and sit by her next to her desk, but she was very good looking and never wore a bra.....cue riots in nearly every lesson with a cue of lads fighting to sit near her.....ah the memories

:lol:
Leadbeater was a complete a$re hole"!! He really did hate me. Would always just pick on me the ***** :lol: Did have some laughs though. Jandu was the one, he would offer you out and ask you to take it outside with him :shock:


Toffo, Hiscocks left within the first year I started there (1998). Never had her as a teacher myself but you could always hear her voice no matter where you were in the Lloyd block. Right moody cow she was, used to shout at every chance she got.

You might remember the maths teacher, forgot his name now, began with R. Used to flick boggys at people. Stunk like BO an all.


I remember a maths teacher called Mr Randford, ginger baldy type of bloke........used to give him hell
He just gave up in the end and let us get on with it...Hiscocks used to come to his rescue sometimes ranting and raving.


Yeah, thats the one! Randford, right toss bag he was.

User avatar
YGA Saddler
Glitterati
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: Exploring with Michael Palin

Re: schools

Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:12 pm

georgies best wrote:left hatherton lane 1969, frank f 1973


Remember Bob Taylor, Vallance, Simpkin,Seal and Timmins?

User avatar
Dave Gittins
Glitterati
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:44 pm

Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:20 pm

ucow wrote:i went to chesyn hay high in 1986 dave were you in the same year as steve "nobby" hitchins?


Sorry mate, I'm pretty sure I wasn't. At least if I was I didn't know him.

User avatar
ucow
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:04 pm
Location: Making love to my tonic and gin

Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:39 pm

you whould of know him mate if he was around you he's always banging his drums catch you in the supporters club tomorrow mate

User avatar
georgies best
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:17 pm
Location: willenhall

schools

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:05 pm

___wfc_2uk Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: schools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

georgies best wrote:
left hatherton lane 1969, frank f 1973



Remember Bob Taylor, Vallance, Simpkin,Seal and Timmins?

taylor and vallance certainly, but sadly not the others, thats if they were teachers. Whoever is giving you these names from the past ask them if they remember polly perkins, mrs nash, mr shakespere (no not him) and if you are any relation to sue mahon let me know.
,

User avatar
Jorge14
UTS Legend
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Ampleforth, North Yorkshire

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:35 pm

A very Catholic education...

St. Mary of Angels Primary, Aldridge (til 99)
St. Francis of Assis Comp and 6th form, Aldridge (last year).
Same school as Stevie Cooke, ex-Villa and now Bournemouth.

Who needs 'elitest' Grammar School anyway?

User avatar
Pedagogue
Board Pedant
 
Posts: 7293
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Can I fix it? Can I ****!

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:46 pm

Jorge14 wrote:Who needs 'elitest' Grammar School anyway?

Jealousy will get you nowhere, Jorge14 :) :)

Stuckupnorth
 

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:56 pm

Chuckery 76/77 etc- with the pleasure of Mrs.Mander & the headmaster, crooked walking old ******* (can't remember his name but can remember the cane)

Bluecoat 79/80/81 - Scouse history teacher, Karate chemistry teacher who joined in fighting leckie in the playground :), ambushed by leckie by st.martins church 10 vs 50+ and the poor fat kid who could'nt run fast.

User avatar
coxy_saddler
UTS Veteran
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:46 am
Location: WS2

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:06 pm

Percie wrote:
toffo wrote:
Percie wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
toffo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:
coxy_saddler wrote:
addo wrote:Wood Green Junior then Wood Green High school both in Wednesbury

When was that mate i went to wood green comp too.



I left in the late 1970's when punk was in it's heyday.

:lol: was a Mr Glover there then? Or Mr Leadbeater :x


I remember leadbeater.used to smack you on the head with his knuckles............another loon was miss hiscocks(?) maths teacher, total case.
Used to be another maths teacher called miss merit...if you played up you had to go and sit by her next to her desk, but she was very good looking and never wore a bra.....cue riots in nearly every lesson with a cue of lads fighting to sit near her.....ah the memories

:lol:
Leadbeater was a complete a$re hole"!! He really did hate me. Would always just pick on me the ***** :lol: Did have some laughs though. Jandu was the one, he would offer you out and ask you to take it outside with him :shock:


Toffo, Hiscocks left within the first year I started there (1998). Never had her as a teacher myself but you could always hear her voice no matter where you were in the Lloyd block. Right moody cow she was, used to shout at every chance she got.

You might remember the maths teacher, forgot his name now, began with R. Used to flick boggys at people. Stunk like BO an all.


I remember a maths teacher called Mr Randford, ginger baldy type of bloke........used to give him hell
He just gave up in the end and let us get on with it...Hiscocks used to come to his rescue sometimes ranting and raving.


Yeah, thats the one! Randford, right toss bag he was.

I had him for mathes one year, He was a complete [email protected], But he left becasue i think hes mom died or sommat?

User avatar
Neuromantic
Site Addict
 
Posts: 6548
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:11 pm
Location: Rotate!

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:06 pm

My dad went to Wood Green and left in 1979.Remembers tribal skirmishes with Joseph Leckie which made the papers and usual domestics with Stuart Bathhurst.

User avatar
Magic Man Fan
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10977
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:30 pm
Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:19 pm

Stuckupnorth wrote:Bluecoat 79/80/81 - Scouse history teacher, Karate chemistry teacher


The history teacher was piss head Weaver but who was the Chemistry teacher?!

User avatar
Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict
 
Posts: 10378
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:17 pm
Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Re: Willenhall Comp

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:27 pm

Will wrote:I went to Willenhall Comp
Walsall College of Arts & Technology
& University of Bradford, in Yorkshire - God's Country.

Favourite teachers were Mr McEvoy (Sociology) & Mr Barry (English)!


i liked mr barry during my time at comp was head of year 7 when i was there

mr mcevoy though i didnt like, slammed my fingers in a classroom door and it turned a bit nasty after that

mr holland though he was a legend, also a soft spot for a new teacher when i was in 6th form

23 years old, blue eyes, dark hair yummy yummy!!

User avatar
Another_Guest
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:59 am

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:43 pm

Lady Margarets

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests