Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Smoking ban at Bescot

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...

What do you think?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:13 am

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 83
HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:43 am

I agree that the smoking areas should be much smaller than the non-smoking ones. It may be that a total stadium ban is OK as well (it certainly is for me as i live in HK so don't go more than once a year).

Dave, are you sure you've seen someone smoke on the walkway? This is illegal. Most airports are non-smoking except for a few designated areas so they would be breaking the by-laws of the airport, plus smoking on a walk-way (bridge I believe is the word used in the business) is totally illegal anywhere. I think you're mistaken if you think this always happens. Also, my flights are often 9-12 hours long (HK-US or HK-UK or HK-Aus). I never smoke until I've cleared immigration and customs. I never see anyone smoking on the bridge.

I vowed I'd stop posting on this thread, but like my efforts to quit the fags, I don't have the will-power. :D

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:25 am

HKSaddler wrote:I agree that the smoking areas should be much smaller than the non-smoking ones. It may be that a total stadium ban is OK as well (it certainly is for me as i live in HK so don't go more than once a year).

Dave, are you sure you've seen someone smoke on the walkway? This is illegal. Most airports are non-smoking except for a few designated areas so they would be breaking the by-laws of the airport, plus smoking on a walk-way (bridge I believe is the word used in the business) is totally illegal anywhere. I think you're mistaken if you think this always happens. Also, my flights are often 9-12 hours long (HK-US or HK-UK or HK-Aus). I never smoke until I've cleared immigration and customs. I never see anyone smoking on the bridge.

I vowed I'd stop posting on this thread, but like my efforts to quit the fags, I don't have the will-power. :D

Not counting the bloke I saw this year smoking and using his mobile next to the signs saying not to? I pointed it out and he said, why should I, I'm not bothering anyone and I pointed out he was bothering me. I took great pleasure in not pointing out to him later that he was at the wrong carousel for his luggage. Hopefully he was stuck there for hours.

deano

Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:44 pm

i smoke and i think smoking should be band.

sean511
UTS Regular

Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:51 pm

bad habbit would never do it. bad for you and bad for people around you.

Previous
Return to UTS Classics