Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1 2015-16: Intro & Table!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
saddla
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1 2015-16: Intro & Table!

Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:20 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:I am in the process of an internal dialogue about current events, which goes thus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sknzC-5PZPk

You may wish to use this as your new Avatar:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:48 am

Here is the table after week 28. A slightly bizarre set of midweek results meant that only 3 people scored any points at all!! They were namely canadian with 1 point, Exile with 2 and the week's winner, reedswood saddler with 3 points. Worth saying well done to all of you, ha ha!!

Doesn't change much in the table but those three move up a bit.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:24 pm

Updated table after last Saturday and yet another odd set of results meant that scoring was pretty low with only a handful of people scoring more than 1 point! One of those was the week's winner, with a triumphant 4 points, Welsh Saddler - well done! This, along with a point from the p-p game between Port Vale and Swindon on Tues night has brought him up to joint second place and definitely in a position to be vying for the title come May!

The games for week 30, this weekend, are already up and running so don't forget!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:15 am

I do NOT wish to comment on the last table, any of the previous results, previous weeks, trends or that I am the reigning champion.

I feel like my challenge is in danger of diminishing, that the campaign is getting a bit flaccid and requires the healthy pump of oxygenated blood through the penile arteries of fortunestance to add some turgidity and buoyancy to the effort.

It may be time to declare total war. Maybe after this week.

I would also like to blame Manchester Saddler for the lack of any help or decent predictions for me to get inspiration from. Sort it out.

Help. Help! :o

I am disappointed and limp. :(

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:53 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:

"I am disappointed and you are limp". :(

A quote, in all probability, from the lips of Saigon's latest conquest.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm

With Maximus now banished for life, rather than let all his good work on the Prediction League go to waste I would like to take over the remaining games. Obviously, I would be barred from winning even if/when I finish top. :D

I shall post predictions and if Jolly Johnny could update the points to Maximus's account I, and I'm sure Maxi, would be most grateful.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:43 pm

:lol:
Sound_out wrote:With Maximus now banished for life, rather than let all his good work on the Prediction League go to waste I would like to take over the remaining games. Obviously, I would be barred from winning even if/when I finish top. :D

I shall post predictions and if Jolly Johnny could update the points to Maximus's account I, and I'm sure Maxi, would be most grateful.

:lol:

saddla
Site Addict

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:56 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:I do NOT wish to comment on the last table, any of the previous results, previous weeks, trends or that I am the reigning champion.

I feel like my challenge is in danger of diminishing, that the campaign is getting a bit flaccid and requires the healthy pump of oxygenated blood through the penile arteries of fortunestance to add some turgidity and buoyancy to the effort.

It may be time to declare total war. Maybe after this week.

I would also like to blame Manchester Saddler for the lack of any help or decent predictions for me to get inspiration from. Sort it out.

I am disappointed and limp. :(

ROFLMFAO

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

and it's me

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:10 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:I would also like to blame Manchester Saddler for the lack of any help or decent predictions for me to get inspiration from. Sort it out.

No, you just copy them off me like you did last week! :roll: :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:59 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:I would also like to blame Manchester Saddler for the lack of any help or decent predictions for me to get inspiration from. Sort it out.

No, you just copy them off me like you did last week! :roll: :wink:

He's over complicating his system. It was me the week before!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Updated table after the weekend's fixtures. Not fantastic on the scoring front to be honest - a few of the 'fancied' teams are becoming a bit incosistent - so the week's winning score was 3 points, achieved by Morty and The Bosted Slab - well done to both of you!

Not much movement in the table to be honest, although the top 3 have a nice little gap now!
There were some p-p games on Saturday, so they have been added to the ever growing list of matches to watch out for :? .

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:46 pm

A funny set of results again today in League 1, which meant another low scoring week. If it hadn't been for the annoyingly consistent Burton and the fact that Bury didn't take any defenders to the Ricoh Arena, it may have been even worse! So, the week's winning score was just 2 points, achieved by Morty, saddla, reedswood saddler, Donnington Saddler and canadian saddler. Well done to you all!

Not a massive amount of change in the table to be honest, with the top few still keeping the gap ahead of the rest.

There are a feww p-p games on Tuesday night, so I will do another updated table after that if I have the time.

saddla
Site Addict

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:52 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:A funny set of results again today in League 1, which meant another low scoring week. If it hadn't been for the annoyingly consistent Burton and the fact that Bury didn't take any defenders to the Ricoh Arena, it may have been even worse! So, the week's winning score was just 2 points, achieved by Morty, saddla, reedswood saddler, Donnington Saddler and canadian saddler. Well done to you all!

Not a massive amount of change in the table to be honest, with the top few still keeping the gap ahead of the rest.

There are a feww p-p games on Tuesday night, so I will do another updated table after that if I have the time.

mind the gap Saigon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morty
Glitterati

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:53 am

I think that's 5 weekly wins now.....shame I'm about consistent as......well......Saigon!! :twisted:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Morty wrote:I think that's 5 weekly wins now.....shame I'm about consistent as......well......Saigon!! :twisted:

Correct Morty!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:16 am

Right,
that's IT!

What follows is an internal dialogue I had with myself at the Saigon Sportspalast over the last few days.

_______________________________ >>>___________________________________

Only a few months ago I logged in to this place to post my proclamation on the seizure of victory from the hands of other predictors. That was my second recent victory. A magnificent victory. I am the reigning champion.

Now I find that my position is under serious threat, through no fault of my own...
and time is short! There is no time for fruitless debates. I must act, immediately, thoroughly, and decisively, that has always been the Saigon way.

Certain predictors have commented on my position, and current form.

Predictors maintain that SaigonSaddler has lost faith in victory.
Second: Predictors say that SaigonSaddler is tired of submitting predictions.
Third: Certain predictors maintain that I have no desire any longer to accept the competitions growing demands for prediction research.
Fourth: Predictors maintain that SaigonSaddler is resisting the need for total war measures. You do not want total war, but capitulation! With burning heart and cool head I will overcome the major problems of this phase of the war. I am on the way to final victory. That victory rests on my faith.

Will I take a holy oath to stand firm behind predictions, and that I will give them everything they need to win the victory?
>>YES!
Am I willing to work, 10, 12 and if necessary 14 hours a day and to give everything for victory?
>>YES!

DO I WANT TOTAL WAR!!
>>YES! YES!!

If necessary, a war more total and radical than anything that we can even imagine today?
>>YES!

I have asked; I have given me my answers. I have told my enemies what they needed to hear so that they will have no illusions or false ideas. SaigonSaddler has commanded, and I will follow him. In this hour of reflection and contemplation, I believe firmly and unshakably in victory. I see it before me, I need only reach for it. I must resolve to subordinate everything to it. That is the duty of the hour. Let the slogan be:

Now, Saigon rise up and let the storm break loose!

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:17 am

Vorsprung dürch septic...

saddla
Site Addict

Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:38 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Right,
that's IT!

What follows is an internal dialogue I had with myself at the Saigon Sportspalast over the last few days.

_______________________________ >>>___________________________________

Only a few months ago I logged in to this place to post my proclamation on the seizure of victory from the hands of other predictors. That was my second recent victory. A magnificent victory. I am the reigning champion.

Now I find that my position is under serious threat, through no fault of my own...
and time is short! There is no time for fruitless debates. I must act, immediately, thoroughly, and decisively, that has always been the Saigon way.

Certain predictors have commented on my position, and current form.

Predictors maintain that SaigonSaddler has lost faith in victory.
Second: Predictors say that SaigonSaddler is tired of submitting predictions.
Third: Certain predictors maintain that I have no desire any longer to accept the competitions growing demands for prediction research.
Fourth: Predictors maintain that SaigonSaddler is resisting the need for total war measures. You do not want total war, but capitulation! With burning heart and cool head I will overcome the major problems of this phase of the war. I am on the way to final victory. That victory rests on my faith.

Will I take a holy oath to stand firm behind predictions, and that I will give them everything they need to win the victory?
>>YES!
Am I willing to work, 10, 12 and if necessary 14 hours a day and to give everything for victory?
>>YES!

DO I WANT TOTAL WAR!!
>>YES! YES!!

If necessary, a war more total and radical than anything that we can even imagine today?
>>YES!

I have asked; I have given me my answers. I have told my enemies what they needed to hear so that they will have no illusions or false ideas. SaigonSaddler has commanded, and I will follow him. In this hour of reflection and contemplation, I believe firmly and unshakably in victory. I see it before me, I need only reach for it. I must resolve to subordinate everything to it. That is the duty of the hour. Let the slogan be:

Now, Saigon rise up and let the storm break loose!

He's finally gone over the edge :lol:
Cracked.

It's only a game Saigon, don't worry, take some more happy pills. :lol:

I'm gonna win anyway. :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:14 pm

saddla wrote:He's finally gone over the edge :lol:
Cracked.

It's only a game Saigon, don't worry, take some more happy pills. :lol:

I'm gonna win anyway. :D

He has far too much time on his hands to produce all that twaddle!! :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Updated table after a few p-p games tonight. A bit if movement in mid table, as you can see.

Week 32 for Saturday is up and running.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:24 am

It's only 9 points...

http://youtu.be/Oc1tlrwtaII

saddla
Site Addict

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:00 am

Exile wrote:It's only 9 points...

9 points is as good as a mile :wink:

cat3

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:55 pm

First or second, anything lower is incompetent to say the least!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Updated table after the weekend games as well as a couple of p-p games that were played this evening.
Generally good scoring at the weekend, but the winning score was 4 points, achieved by Maverick - well done! This now gives Maverick 5 weekly wins, closing in on the 3 who currently have 6!

The top 3 still have a nice little gap from the rest but a lot can happen over a few weeks in the prediction league so keep up all your efforts!
Week 33 games are now up and running to predict.

saddla
Site Addict

Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:35 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:Updated table after the weekend games as well as a couple of p-p games that were played this evening.
Generally good scoring at the weekend, but the winning score was 4 points, achieved by Maverick - well done! This now gives Maverick 5 weekly wins, closing in on the 3 who currently have 6!

The top 3 still have a nice little gap from the rest but a lot can happen over a few weeks in the prediction league so keep up all your efforts!
Week 33 games are now up and running to predict.

damn

That's my game in hand down the pan

Bury would have smashed Barnsley out of sight when the game was originally scheduled. But that's the luck of the draw. And it looks like it's down to me and Welsh Saddler as Saigon slips out of the running! :lol:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:46 pm

An awful weekend of scoring! So many of the top teams lost and if it hadn't been for Wigan, most predictors would have scored a big zero points! As it was, the winning score was 3 points, achieved by Casual D - well done bro!! :D

Not much movement in the table but maybe this isn't quite a 3 horse race just yet!

Week 34 (THIS TUESDAY EVE!) is up and running already so get those predictions in before 7.45pm.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Updated table after Tues evening's games. Another poor one results / scoring wise with only 3 predictors scoring more than 1 point! One of those scored 4 points which was the week's winning score - well done canadiansaddler!

With that win, canadian is now leading the way with 7 weekly wins and a little jump up the table!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:02 pm

Updated table after yesterday's games. Slightly odd results again as a number of teams are really lacking expected form at the moment. However 4 predictors scored 3 points and they are the week's winners - well done to Exile, Manchester Saddler, reedswood saddler and chester saddler.

For once, there is a quite a bit of movement in the table after a set of games and maybe, just maybe, it isn't quite the 3 horse race it was starting to look like!

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:47 am

It is on! 8)

saddla
Site Addict

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:56 am

Exile wrote:It is on! 8)

In your dreams :mrgreen:

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics