Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1 2015-16: Intro & Table!

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Prediction League 1 2015-16: Intro & Table!

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:07 am

I'm sure Saigon's had something stretched many times...

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:44 am

Exile wrote:I'm sure Saigon's had something stretched many times...

Are you including the d-i-y category within "many times"? :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:18 pm

I wish to be referred to henceforth as Saigon 'bigtime' Saddler. I shall glide effortlessly over the disgusting FILTH. :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:49 am

Table after week 5. Not great scoring but only 1 blob. The week's winning score was 3 points, achieved by Leatherman, chestersaddler, maximus and Ancient Moaner - well done to you all!

Leatherman is now the new table leader, out on his own ( :( :wink: ) but there are a few 'big guns' making a move up the table!!

Week 6 is up and running now.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:16 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:Table after week 5. Not great scoring but only 1 blob. The week's winning score was 3 points, achieved by Leatherman, chestersaddler, maximus and Ancient Moaner - well done to you all!

Leatherman is now the new table leader, out on his own ( :( :wink: ) but there are a few 'big guns' making a move up the table!!b

Week 6 is up and running now.

Did Someone mention money? :mrgreen:

If the table still looks like that at the end on the season, please forward any 'winnings' to Belgian's charity.

I think my fortunes in this competition may very well mirror Walsall's. - one way or the other. :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:23 am

No they won't.

I expect your slide down the table to begin now, whereas the Mighty Walsall will probably slip up around Xmas time.

Enjoy your nosebleed while you can, oh Leather one (BTW have met Saigon yet? He's apparently into Leather in a "bigtime" way).

As JJ said - the "Big guns" are coming (well I'm up two places anyway).

:D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:52 am

>>>>>>>>

Looky here > already 4th and my name banded about almost as much as it was last season in the early 'where's Saigon?' sparring. And the end result?

ME. WINNING. :!: 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfc_FgIpyLw

'AlArM!' Manchester in his usual crash dive mode .... me in usual 'big gun' mode.

Fear. That's what I smell, hence the overuse of my name. This pleases me.

Manchester already 5 points adrift and milling beneath the surface of the lower quadrant. At least he persists, so I have infinitely more respect for his mediocrity than the various flash-in-the-pan cry babies who

I HAVE LITERALLY SEEN OFF.

Where I they now?

Whitti-Steve - heart broken after losing the league to ME by 1 point. Never seen again.
Aldridge Saddler - whose ambition was to quote 'finish above Saigon'
HA! Gone, mission UNaccomplished.
Rob - same ambition, same result.
Fray Bentos - Vanished after repeated Vanquishings
Sheff - Lost last year, after MY prediction that he would and too afraid to come back. Coward.
King Crimson?
1933, Stig231 - very decent players - where are these guys?

So I'm left with Exile, who will flatter to deceive before falling off a massive prediction cliff as usual, and Jolly Johnny, who I have finished below in a previous season, so at least has some potential. Probably one another having a miraculous season.... that's it!

I have yet to get into my stride.
Saigon 'big guns' Saddler :D

Leatherman
Site Addict

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Your predilection for all things leather will not help you rein me in my colonial fiend.

Your unbridled lust for winning will not help you one little bit in this one horse race. :D

Leatherman
Site Addict

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:No they won't.

I expect your slide down the table to begin now, whereas the Mighty Walsall will probably slip up around Xmas time.

Enjoy your nosebleed while you can, oh Leather one (BTW have met Saigon yet? He's apparently into Leather in a "bigtime" way).

As JJ said - the "Big guns" are coming (well I'm up two places anyway).

This board's Veneral Sensei has already passed on his advice on post coital disease avoidance and recognition.

This will not help him as I intend to plagerise all his predictions from now on, ensuring he finishes behind me (he wishes!).
Fnnaaaar, fnnaaarrr. :twisted:
Last edited by Leatherman on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:22 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:>>>>>>>>

Looky here > already 4th and my name banded about almost as much as it was last season in the early 'where's Saigon?' sparring. And the end result?

ME. WINNING. :!: 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfc_FgIpyLw

'AlArM!' Manchester in his usual crash dive mode .... me in usual 'big gun' mode.

Fear. That's what I smell, hence the overuse of my name. This pleases me.

Manchester already 5 points adrift and milling beneath the surface of the lower quadrant. At least he persists, so I have infinitely more respect for his mediocrity than the various flash-in-the-pan cry babies who

I HAVE LITERALLY SEEN OFF.

Where I they now?

Whitti-Steve - heart broken after losing the league to ME by 1 point. Never seen again.
Aldridge Saddler - whose ambition was to quote 'finish above Saigon'
HA! Gone, mission UNaccomplished.
Rob - same ambition, same result.
Fray Bentos - Vanished after repeated Vanquishings
Sheff - Lost last year, after MY prediction that he would and too afraid to come back. Coward.
King Crimson?
1933, Stig231 - very decent players - where are these guys?

So I'm left with Exile, who will flatter to deceive before falling off a massive prediction cliff as usual, and Jolly Johnny, who I have finished below in a previous season, so at least has some potential. Probably one another having a miraculous season.... that's it!

I have yet to get into my stride.
Saigon 'big buns' Saddler :D

That's better. More reflective I feel.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:37 am

More like Saigon "swollen balls" Saddler. Keep taking the antibiotics you perv!

Leatherman
Site Addict

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:26 am

Exile wrote:More like Saigon "swollen balls" Saddler. Keep taking the antibiotics you perv!

He's probably polishing his crystal balls in time for this weeks prediction forecast.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 am

I think he polishes his balls most days.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:55 am

Exile wrote:More like Saigon "swollen balls" Saddler. Keep taking the antibiotics you perv!

When pressed, the nurse said that 'yes, it was technically possible that I could have got it from a toilet seat'

Which is clearly what happened. :|

Leatherman
Site Addict

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:05 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:

When pressed, the nurse said that 'yes, it was technically possible that I could have got it from a toilet seat'

Did she mention sniffing ladies bicycle saddles by any chance? Just wondering...

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Leatherman wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Did she mention sniffing ladies bicycle saddles by any chance? Just wondering...

Not since I began carrying around a bag of sprats. Women are alright, but you can't beat the real thing. :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Week 6 table after the weekend. Poor scoring, and the worst of the season so far, thanks to some 'against the formbook' results! Quite a few blobs and lots of 1 pointers but the week's winner with 3 points was Maverick, well done!

Week 7 is now up and running.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Third eh? pity I can't turn forecasts into money, after losing a wedge placed for a 1-1 draw at the Bezza!! :( :(

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Leatherman wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xl5_x2OmdM

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:59 am

Ancient Moaner wrote:Third eh? pity I can't turn forecasts into money, after losing a wedge placed for a 1-1 draw at the Bezza!! :( :(

JOINT third and one of the hunting pack. I have been here before and know precisely what to do. Others do not, which is why they will FAIL and I will WIN. Again.

The only issue is with people getting really lucky. :|

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:57 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:Third eh? pity I can't turn forecasts into money, after losing a wedge placed for a 1-1 draw at the Bezza!! :( :(

JOINT third and one of the hunting pack. I have been here before and know precisely what to do. Others do not, which is why they will FAIL and I will WIN. Again.

Like the tinarse who's seventh on the list?

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Table after yesterday's games. Another low scoring week thanks to some unexpected results again.
The winning score was 3 points, achieved by maximus, chestersaddler, reedswood saddler and canadiansaddler. Well done to you all!

Leatherman seems to be keeping up some very consistent scoring to maintain a nice little gap at the top while a number of us have had a few duff weeks. Canadiansaddler already has 3 weekly wins after 7 weeks!

Next weekend's games will be put up in the next two days.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:17 am

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Like the tinarse who's seventh on the list?

Prescient, me. :mrgreen:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Week 8 table after this weekend's games. Scoring okay but nothing spectacular. A number of blobs but generally 2s scored. The winning score, however, was 3 points, achieved by Welsh Saddler and canadiansaddler - well done!

That now gives canadian 4 weekly wins from 8!
Leatherman had the unpleasant experience of his first non-scoring week this week, which helped to narrow the gap at the top and a few are creeping up on the top spot.

Next Saturday's thread will be up Mon or Tues evening.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Updated table after yesterday's games and an interesting set of scores! A real raft of difference from 0s right up to 1 goal away from our first six pointer of the season! In the end, the winning score was 5 points which was scored by Lovemuffin - well done!

While some of us seem to have lost our early season form ( :( ) others are picking up healthy points and shooting up the table, and clawing in the leading positions. So much so, that we have a new leader this week (partly as the leather one didn't predict this week??) in the shape of maximus, thanks to some very consistent scoring for the last 5 weeks or so.
But there are a whole host of people close behind!

Don't forget there are leagie games this Tuesday evening and the thread is already up so get your predictions in!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Updated table after the midweek games. Generally good scoring with only 1 blob, although a handful of people didn't / forgot to predict which was a shame.
Winning score was 4 points, achieved by Wragbyred - his second weekly win of the season, well done!

Saturday's thread (week 11) is up and running now.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:40 am

Table after yesterday's games. Not great scoring and a couple of blobs, as well as a few people who didn't predict which had an effect on the table after updating. The week's winning score was 3 points, achieved by Casual D, Maverick, tinned, Flemish, maximus and derbysaddler. Well done to all of you!

I have already put up next Saturday's games (week 12) due to a busy week ahead and not sure I'll get on to do it

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:11 am

If I didn't know from bitter experience how my predictions tail off I'd be smugger...

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Updated table after the weekend. Mixed bag scoring wise and the first appearance this season of the dreaded asterisks!! Many thanks to Bradford v Blackpool being postponed during the week leading up to the Saturday. These predictions have been noted and any points for it will be added to the necessary predictors as and when the game is eventually played.

The winner this week was LLASLAW with 4 points, well done!

Week 13 thread is up and running now.

LLASLAW
UTS Regular

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:35 pm

:mrgreen: finally!

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics