Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Summer 2013 Transfer Rumours

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Sadders
UTS Legend

Re: Summer 2013 Transfer Rumours

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Watford have rich owners and Deeney is the best striker at the club, Palace have just paid £6m + for Dwight Gayle and Blackburn wanted £12m for Rhodes. Watford won't sell him for anything near £3m it'l be more like double that or around £5m. Don't we have a 20% sell on clause for him? I noticed Grigg scored twice yesterday too :shock: I hope he gets 50 and Brentford stay down so we can have something else coming in from him. :lol:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
SaddlerCrewe wrote:
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
SaddlerCrewe wrote:Strong rumours that Stoke City are going to make a bid for Troy Deeney.
If true I believe that we will get a cut of the fee

He must be worth a good fee now.Slightly north what we got for him.

Apparently the move depends on Crouch leaving (he's on £40k a week and Stoke would like him off the books)
Crouch rumoured to be joining Reading.
I haven't heard what the fee for Deeney will be, my guess would be £3 million..ish

Any idea of percentages? We all know
About Watford's promotion clause, but the sell on must've receded a bit.

15% I think. I'd agree with the £3m figure.

SaddlerCrewe
Glitterati

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
SaddlerCrewe wrote:
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
SaddlerCrewe wrote:Strong rumours that Stoke City are going to make a bid for Troy Deeney.
If true I believe that we will get a cut of the fee

He must be worth a good fee now.Slightly north what we got for him.

Apparently the move depends on Crouch leaving (he's on £40k a week and Stoke would like him off the books)
Crouch rumoured to be joining Reading.
I haven't heard what the fee for Deeney will be, my guess would be £3 million..ish

Any idea of percentages? We all know
About Watford's promotion clause, but the sell on must've receded a bit.

15% I think. I'd agree with the £3m figure.

hmmm, can't see anything on the Stoke fans Forum..
Info came via a text from someone who should know

tipton saddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:18 pm

sadders is right I think, sure I heard 20% sell on clause and I reckon he would go for at least 5 million if not more so we should be due a good payout. A much better payout than if they reach the prem which I've heard was only around £100'000. at the end of the day only the clubs and player and his agent really know percentages but this is what I've heard. based on that being true lets hope crouch donalds off asap and stoke pay over the odds say 7 million then that's a cool 1.4 million banked. we'll be donald rolling in it at this rate :D

UTS

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:40 pm

The sell on percentage clause normally drops as each season passes. Also, the percentage is from the profit of what they paid us to what they receive, not of the total fee. As good as his record is, I think £5m up front is ambitious. Hope I'm wrong though.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:41 pm

tipton saddler wrote:sadders is right I think, sure I heard 20% sell on clause and I reckon he would go for at least 5 million if not more so we should be due a good payout. A much better payout than if they reach the prem which I've heard was only around £100'000. at the end of the day only the clubs and player and his agent really know percentages but this is what I've heard. based on that being true lets hope crouch donalds off asap and stoke pay over the odds say 7 million then that's a cool 1.4 million banked. we'll be donald rolling in it at this rate :D

UTS

£150,000 was why we received if they got promoted. That would have been on top of any sell on percentage.

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:50 pm

tipton saddler wrote:sadders is right I think, sure I heard 20% sell on clause and I reckon he would go for at least 5 million if not more so we should be due a good payout. A much better payout than if they reach the prem which I've heard was only around £100'000. at the end of the day only the clubs and player and his agent really know percentages but this is what I've heard. based on that being true lets hope crouch donalds off asap and stoke pay over the odds say 7 million then that's a cool 1.4 million banked. we'll be donald rolling in it at this rate :D

UTS

Are you related to Bonser then? :wink:

tipton saddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:21 pm

no I'm not in bonsers clan :D although it wouldn't be a bad place to be right now :wink: so what does everyone think then? is it better they sell deeney now and we get a payout or hope they go up and then sell? surely its better if he goes this season especially if the percentage falls every year and if they do go up I'm pretty sure he would want to have a crack at it with watford first time round as there would be less pressure on him at a newly promoted team than at a more established prem team.

on the whole though, regardless of what we get out of it, I'm happy for the lad, always said he would play in the prem and for england.

UTS

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:34 pm

if we can get over £500k then we are laughing - that's 3 year deals for Downing and Mantom bagged!

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:48 am

Based on what i've seen of Deeney from the end of last season to this season, I really don't think £5million is wide of the mark. If he doesn't go in this window and then scores 10-15 by Christmas, then the fee will be even higher. His all round game is superb - strength, good feet, finishing from all over the place, plus the attitude he's now got - and so i'd imagine that a few Prem clubs are really keen.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 am

kshammer wrote:Based on what i've seen of Deeney from the end of last season to this season, I really don't think £5million is wide of the mark. If he doesn't go in this window and then scores 10-15 by Christmas, then the fee will be even higher. His all round game is superb - strength, good feet, finishing from all over the place, plus the attitude he's now got - and so i'd imagine that a few Prem clubs are really keen.

Thinking about it, I guess £5m wouldn't be that silly when you consider what Zaha, Dann, Austin etc went for. Ridiculous greed league money, but good for us.

The EPPP will stop those sell on clauses coming in eventually though.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:31 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:
kshammer wrote:Based on what i've seen of Deeney from the end of last season to this season, I really don't think £5million is wide of the mark. If he doesn't go in this window and then scores 10-15 by Christmas, then the fee will be even higher. His all round game is superb - strength, good feet, finishing from all over the place, plus the attitude he's now got - and so i'd imagine that a few Prem clubs are really keen.

Thinking about it, I guess £5m wouldn't be that silly when you consider what Zaha, Dann, Austin etc went for. Ridiculous greed league money, but good for us.

The EPPP will stop those sell on clauses coming in eventually though.

And kill lower league football as we know it, not that it isn't already on life support. About time the football league took a stand against those parasites.

bangsection
Site Addict

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:29 pm

The other advantage Deeney has is that he has a trade. So he can score goals but also muck in with building work around the ground. There'll be a lot of managers on the lookout for a goalscorer who will be interested in Deeney but also a lot of Chairmen who have promised their wives a new conservatory.

Also, he probably knows how to brew prison hooch in radiators which could be a money-spinner for club bars. Thinking about it, he's probably the hottest property in world football at the moment: a goalscorer who will actually pay for himself.

kshammer
Site Addict

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:38 pm

bangsection wrote:

The other advantage Deeney has is that he has a trade. So he can score goals but also muck in with building work around the ground. There'll be a lot of managers on the lookout for a goalscorer who will be interested in Deeney but also a lot of Chairmen who have promised their wives a new conservatory.

Also, he probably knows how to brew prison hooch in radiators which could be a money-spinner for club bars. Thinking about it, he's probably the hottest property in world football at the moment: a goalscorer who will actually pay for himself.

:lol:

Don't let the giants down the road know he can build houses. Steve Morgan will be in for him.

leics_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Just remember all the trouble Nicky Eaden's patio caused.

Fish
UTS Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:27 pm

I had heard that a club from just down the M6 were monitoring the situation, should they have need for a replacement striker.

Regarding the sell-on, knowing the way that these things and tribunals have worked against us in the past (Yes Mr Fry / Blues / Peterborough / Martin O'Connor), expect Deeney to be sold to a European club, say for example, and picked entirely at random, Udinese, for about £250,000. And for then a Prem club to immediately buy him for £7m.

saddlerphil
UTS Veteran

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Is this the most viewed topic EVER??

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:54 am

saddlerphil wrote:Is this the most viewed topic EVER??

No.

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:29 am

According to Sky,apparently West Ham & Fulham are interested in signing Deeney before the end of August

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:31 am

With so much money floating around, will Smith officially have a transfer war-chest?

kshammer
Site Addict

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:08 pm

A war-chest... teams will start hiking prices up when we come calling cuz we'm that loaded.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Deeney is an absolute tank at the moment. Wouldnt be surprised if someone paid the money for him.

I dont think Watford will sell for 5mill though, i expect them to be in the top 6 again.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:29 pm

latviancheese wrote:Deeney is an absolute tank at the moment. Wouldnt be surprised if someone paid the money for him.

I dont think Watford will sell for 5mill though, i expect them to be in the top 6 again.

Yep, that's the problem for us. They will be challenging again, so won't want to low their main goal threat for that price, when they could make £80m if they got promoted.

Sadsfan
Glitterati

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:12 pm

According to the independent, Spurs might be in for Deeney.

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Sadsfan wrote:According to the independent, Spurs might be in for Deeney.

Defoe is rumoured to be off to QPR, so that could have some relevance - although I can't understand why they would want to get rid of Defoe.

Suprs should be good for £50mill after Bale has gone so we should be quids in! :mrgreen:

kshammer
Site Addict

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:09 pm

If Deeney goes to Spurs they'll have enough for a chip fryer surely.

Sadders
UTS Legend

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:33 pm

If AVB wants to replace Defoe with Deeney, he will be handed his P45 quicker than Paul Jewell's next appointment.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:39 pm

kshammer wrote:If Deeney goes to Spurs they'll have enough for a chip fryer surely.

Not sure about the insurance premium though!

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Someone told me today that Julian Gray is backing training with us after his stint in Cyprus.

Ken Barlow
UTS Veteran

Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:57 pm

BathSaddler wrote:Someone told me today that Julian Gray is backing training with us after his stint in Cyprus.

He was there today.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics