Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Summer 2013 Transfer Rumours

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Re: Summer 2013 Transfer Rumours

Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:24 pm

saddlerJP wrote:he does looks about 6 stone wet through so Deano probably does have concerns about how we will handle a thug of a centre back on a muggy bog in December.

If he plays international football does that make his work permit easier to obtain? Could be in 6 months time he's developed a little more physicaly and is an international in which case deano will go back to him

Yes and yes.

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:58 am

Seems we had Shane Lewis on trial last night, former England U-17 & WBA keeper, can't find out if he has been released by them or if it's a view to a loan.

deldras
UTS Regular

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:49 am

Seems like it's a work permit issue, not the fact Smith doesn't want him...?

Don't you think they should have known this before they gave him a shirt?

casemine

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Just heard a rumour we could be re-signing taundry on reduced terms after his talks with Herford and Exeter failed! I cant imagine why if we released him once we should re-sign him. What does anyone think?

saddla
Site Addict

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:01 pm

The Red Prince wrote:Seems we had Shane Lewis on trial last night, former England U-17 & WBA keeper, can't find out if he has been released by them or if it's a view to a loan.

he was released

here's his video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&hl=en-GB&gl=GB&v=JeniDY5CZS0&nomobile=1

kshammer
Site Addict

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:56 pm

casemine wrote:Just heard a rumour we could be re-signing taundry on reduced terms after his talks with Herford and Exeter failed! I cant imagine why if we released him once we should re-sign him. What does anyone think?

No. Just fudge no.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 pm

casemine wrote:Just heard a rumour we could be re-signing taundry on reduced terms after his talks with Herford and Exeter failed! I cant imagine why if we released him once we should re-sign him. What does anyone think?

Somebody put it on Football Rumours

Sadders
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Danny Haynes has signed for Notts County, could be a superb signing IF he manages to keep himself fit - which is the key issue. Charlton fans thought he was one of their best players when fit last season, but injuries continue to make him an expensive bit part player. Zoko, Arquin and Haynes could be quite the strike force when on fire.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:17 pm

kshammer wrote:

No. Just fudge no.

This

tinned
Site Addict

Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Forget there being no chips, forget there being no food in the kiosks after 2:30, forget I can't sit in my season ticket seat. I can put up with all that. Re-sign @taundz and my season ticket is going straight back :grin:

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Are the club allowed to pay below minimum wage?

martkrugeleysaddler
Glitterati

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 pm

tinned wrote:

Forget there being no chips, forget there being no food in the kiosks after 2:30, forget I can't sit in my season ticket seat. I can put up with all that. Re-sign @taundz and my season ticket is going straight back :grin:

It won't happen surely. He'd get paid more in the kiosks!

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:36 pm

martkrugeleysaddler wrote:
tinned wrote:

There's more than one open? :shock:

martkrugeleysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:09 am

Exile wrote:
martkrugeleysaddler wrote:
tinned wrote:

There's more than one open? :shock:

Once went to the kiosk and asked for a cheeseburger,"got no cheese mate" was the reply. So I said I'll just have a burger. "Got no burgers mate." Never mind. Obviously the notion of two different horse filled products, one with cheese one without was too difficult to comprehend for the youth. Innit.

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:45 am

martkrugeleysaddler wrote:Once went to the kiosk and asked for a cheeseburger,"got no cheese mate" was the reply. So I said I'll just have a burger. "Got no burgers mate." Never mind. Obviously the notion of two different horse filled products, one with cheese one without was too difficult to comprehend for the youth. Innit.

:lol:

If ever a post summed up our matchday catering, this is it. Made me chuckle.

kshammer
Site Addict

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:56 am

WFC_Rob wrote:
martkrugeleysaddler wrote:Once went to the kiosk and asked for a cheeseburger,"got no cheese mate" was the reply. So I said I'll just have a burger. "Got no burgers mate." Never mind. Obviously the notion of two different horse filled products, one with cheese one without was too difficult to comprehend for the youth. Innit.

They are truly awful. The staff are marginally brighter than the horsemeat they serve and the food is so shite I wouldn't give the dog.

I used to buy the odd thing but avoid it now. Do they not realise that if they put decent grub on with staff who could speak/interact with society then they'd sell loads more?

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:02 am

kshammer wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

They are truly awful. The staff are marginally brighter than the horsemeat they serve and the food is so shite I wouldn't give the dog.

I used to buy the odd thing but avoid it now. Do they not realise that if they put decent grub on with staff who could speak/interact with society then they'd sell loads more?

I've never asked, but who is it anyway? I assume its franchised.

kshammer
Site Addict

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:04 am

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
kshammer wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

Not a clue... probably Winalot with the crap they serve.

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 am

kshammer wrote:
Neil Ravenscroft wrote:
kshammer wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

Not a clue... probably Winalot with the crap they serve.

With the cack they serve i would say aldi more than likely.
There meatballs are the dogs bollox.

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:56 am

Still fuming about waiting for the whole of half time and 5 minutes into the 2nd half for food to get to the front of the que to be told they aren't doing food as problem with something or other. Mentioned, do you think it would of been a good idea to put up a sign? maybe shout out after every customer that there is no hot food and your only serving confectionary, so people joining the massive que towards the back may not have a wasted 20 minutes. The vacant blank look on his face is still probably there. Pretty sure one of the interview questions for getting a kiosk job is are you a mong?

kshammer
Site Addict

Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:42 am

I was reading something in 442 I think it was about catering at football these days and it made you realise how cack our facilities are. I think it was Morecambe (or someone similar) who do home made pies that have won awards. Surely we have kitchens in the hospitality department - could they not bang a bit of quality nosh out? I know it's an old joke but the fact we can't even do a few chips is pathetic really.

This thread is in danger of slipping ever so slightly off topic. :D

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 pm

kshammer wrote:I was reading something in 442 I think it was about catering at football these days and it made you realise how eartha our facilities are. I think it was Morecambe (or someone similar) who do home made pies that have won awards. Surely we have kitchens in the hospitality department - could they not bang a bit of quality nosh out? I know it's an old joke but the fact we can't even do a few chips is pathetic really.

This thread is in danger of slipping ever so slightly off topic. :D

I'll repeat, does anyone know if we do it, or whether its franchised? The food in the hospitality and commercial sections is very good, by the way. Mind you, begs the question of why anyone wants to eat from a kiosk in any football ground!

saddla
Site Addict

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:09 pm

The problem with hiring staff to work in a food kiosk at a football ground is that if they had half a brain cell they would have a decent job and not be applying!
:)

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:10 pm

I think ours is done in-house Neil..

I know with pies and stuff they are cooked on the premises (from what I recall..)

I know the catering team and booths are definitely managed by our commercial stuff for definite.

Zaddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Off topic maybe, but its not like we are signing any players ;)

We were the first with the balti pie:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/lo ... ies-181247

Maybe its about time we came up with another innovation

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Neuromantic wrote:I think ours is done in-house Neil..

I know with pies and stuff they are cooked on the premises (from what I recall..)

I know the catering team and booths are definitely managed by our commercial stuff for definite.

Something I wasn't sure of at all. The food for commercial activities is reckoned to be very good.

saddla
Site Addict

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:47 pm

The steak and kidney pie they bake in house for serving behind the OAP stand is wonderful! :D

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Back on track :D
Omari Sterling-James pulled out of training today, probably with injury - not good!

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Middle of July, no signings and the annual rumours thread has descending in to talking about Pies!

And people say UTS has gone downhill :lol:

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:09 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Middle of July, no signings and the annual rumours thread has descending in to talking about Pies!

And people say UTS has gone downhill :lol:

If you dont like it, simple, fudge

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics