Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

SOTV

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Re: SOTV

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:50 pm

I would hate to force my child to like something just because i do and to think that they re only trying to keep me happy

I was born in walsall and walsall are my team wherever i live

My son was born in sutton and i gave him a choice to follow walsall or support his local team

We went to both grounds he had the chance to experience both and make his mind up freely

He loves me for giving him the chance to make his own mind up with no pressure and for taking him to other grounds and providing choice.

Yesterday we sorted the hotel for wembley in march he enjoyed making plans and loved the fact that whilst I dont sharethe excitement i was prepared to do it for him

Ill take stick all day long to see his face when his team walk out at the final

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Did I miss the semi final result? :wink:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Cowshed wrote:I would hate to force my child to like something just because i do and to think that they re only trying to keep me happy

My son was born in sutton and i gave him a choice to follow walsall or support his local team

We went to both grounds he had the chance to experience both and make his mind up freely

He loves me for giving him the chance to make his own mind up with no pressure and for taking him to other grounds and providing choice.

Yesterday we sorted the hotel for wembley in march he enjoyed making plans and loved the fact that whilst I dont sharethe excitement i was prepared to do it for him

I would do anything for love, but I WONT DO THAT :lol:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:31 pm

We-ARE-Walsall wrote:
Cowshed wrote:I would hate to force my child to like something just because i do and to think that they re only trying to keep me happy

Brilliant! :lol: (even though I agree with Cowshed)

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:This thread is like a guide to parenthood. If I have kids, I would be quite ashamed to have a Villa fan come from my sack.

This.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Losing again. :lol:

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Losing again. :lol:

I was waiting for Wigan to get a third before using up my allocation of :lol: but as Sheff has gone back into the long grass now we've won a couple, there isn't a shortage.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Is that 14 conceded without reply? Losing at home against Wigan might seriously worry some of my seal neighbours. SHAME :D

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:16 pm

0-3 now so can't keep it in any longer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:16 pm

16 now? Any idea what the record is?

ciscokid
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:20 pm

The tears am rolling down my face. Please someone stop me from laughing :mrgreen:

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:25 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:Losing again. :lol:

I was waiting for Wigan to get a third before using up my allocation of :lol: but as Sheff has gone back into the long grass now we've won a couple, there isn't a shortage.

Step up. :D

Tyldesley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Darth Vader wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Stoke came back from 3-1 down to save Villa from the relegation zone (for now)

Anyway, given Walsall's result this is probably as good as it's gonna get for today so....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:41 pm

We-ARE-Walsall wrote:

Have to admit this was funny :lol:

VIlla - bad result - stoke helped them - glad they a not in bottom 3 - looking to january signings

Walsall- bad result - sides below losing helped them- glad they are not in the bottom 4- looking to january signings

Disastrous day for all our local sides

Just off to the snowdome for a villa v walsall winter olympics happy new year to one and all

Best of luck to all the local sides for 2013 :D

yoda
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Booking hotel rooms before they are even in a final? Using some vauge 'family connection' to jump on some glory? I've long held the view that villa fans are the man utd fans of the midlands - jumped up brats with a sense of entitlement because of some tedious link to a club they have no real affiliation to. It sounds like cowshed will fit right in with those tossers.

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:05 pm

yoda wrote:Booking hotel rooms before they are even in a final? Using some vauge 'family connection' to jump on some glory? I've long held the view that villa fans are the man utd fans of the midlands - jumped up brats with a sense of entitlement because of some tedious link to a club they have no real affiliation to. It sounds like cowshed will fit right in with those tossers.

This is why people dont want to take heir kids to the bescot anymore and why the crowd will soon be sub 3000

Its embarrassing !!

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Cowshed wrote:
yoda wrote:Booking hotel rooms before they are even in a final? Using some vauge 'family connection' to jump on some glory? I've long held the view that villa fans are the man utd fans of the midlands - jumped up brats with a sense of entitlement because of some tedious link to a club they have no real affiliation to. It sounds like cowshed will fit right in with those tossers.

This is why people dont want to take heir kids to the bescot anymore and why the crowd will soon be sub 3000

Its embarrassing !!

It's embarrassing that you are booking a hotel room to go and watch Bradford in a final, what connection do you have to them?

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:36 pm

We-ARE-Walsall wrote:
Cowshed wrote:

Its embarrassing !!

It's embarrassing that you are booking a hotel room to go and watch Bradford in a final, what connection do you have to them?

:mrgreen:

geoffwhiting
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Cowshed wrote:

Its embarrassing !!

Exactly, cowshed.

Any Villa fan would expect they'll reach the final over two legs, and why shouldn't they? I certainly do. So if you can afford it, go ahead and book those rooms to make sure you're fixed up with accommodation, so you can make a good weekend of it. Then if they don't get through, you cancel.

It ain't rocket science, in fact it's absolute plain and simple common sense, but unfortunately some people can't resist interpreting that as some kind of big-headed over-confident "attitude" - which it certainly isn't.

But why let the facts get in the way of bigotry and hatred? :D

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Cowshed wrote:

Its embarrassing !!

Talking of embarrassing, did your lad ask you why the Vile supporters were leaving in droves after an hour yesterday or how many will be behind the goal next season in the Championship?

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:47 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
Cowshed wrote:

Its embarrassing !!

Exactly, cowshed.

Any Villa fan would expect they'll reach the final over two legs, and why shouldn't they? I certainly do. So if you can afford it, go ahead and book those rooms to make sure you're fixed up with accommodation, so you can make a good weekend of it. Then if they don't get through, you cancel.

It ain't rocket science, in fact it's absolute plain and simple common sense, but unfortunately some people can't resist interpreting that as some kind of big-headed over-confident "attitude" - which it certainly isn't.

The way Villa are playing they couldn't beat an egg. It is no certainty they will progress.

Cowshed, please take a picture of your lads disappointed face when they get knocked out by Bradford, maybe it will teach him there is some merit in following a lower league club too.

*edit*

Also, if you are going to come on a Walsall website, preaching about Villa, and calling Walsall fans embarrassing, then really what does he expect ?

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:50 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
Cowshed wrote:

Its embarrassing !!

Exactly, cowshed.

So what did you think when Stoke put ticketing and coach details out for the playoff final before they'd not got through.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:53 pm

" What time do the Villa kick off Dad?" Every 10 minutes son.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:54 pm

"Walsall scored? Dad, why didn't you tell me to support them?"

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:55 pm

We-ARE-Walsall wrote:" What time do the Villa kick off Dad?" Every 10 minutes son.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:24 pm

geoffwhiting wrote:
Cowshed wrote:

Its embarrassing !!

Exactly, cowshed.

Couldn't agree more Cowshed and Geoff.

Cowshed, why not take you kids to Worcester to watch the rugby or Edgbaston to see the cricket. Places where fans can happily mix without incident, beer can be drank without threat of chav violence, no racist/sectarian chants and players on the pitch can be seen as role models for your children rather than over-paid prima donna's (not all footballers).

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Cowshed wrote:

Its embarrassing !!

What a silly statement, we get cack crowds because the club has been so cack for 5+ years. Don't try and make out it's our own supporters fault.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Sound_out wrote:
geoffwhiting wrote:
Cowshed wrote:

Its embarrassing !!

Exactly, cowshed.

Couldn't agree more Cowshed and Geoff.

Cowshed, why not take you kids to Worcester to watch the rugby or Edgbaston to see the cricket. Places where fans can happily mix without incident, beer can be drank without threat of chav violence, no racist/sectarian chants and players on the pitch can be seen as role models for your children rather than over-paid prima donna's (not all footballers).

Is that on the weekend Bradford play in the League Cup final ? Good idea to offer an alternative, anything a bit closer to London for him though, he has a hotel booked you see. Cheers.
Having said that, I think he is pulling our plonkas a bit, cos he was looking at booking the hotel room in March, when the Final is actually in February.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics