Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League Table 2011/2012

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Re: Prediction League Table 2011/2012

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:
HKSaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:As part of a benevolent public service, and while we are waiting for the official table, I will now take the opportunity to inform eager predictors of the current state of the league. Sadly I must apologise for not having the time to complete all areas of the table and a few scores may be missing:

56 SAIGONSADDLER
54 Others
>54 Other others

Many thanks and I respectfully look forward to humbly competing with other predictors as they desperately struggle to match my predictionary supremiosity! :D :wink:

Do you mean <54 Other others?

That's what I thought when I saw it HK, but Saigon wouldn't get something wrong would he??!! :wink:

Well, not since learning how to resize a window.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:27 am

Erm, slightly embarassing miscalculation on the mathematical symbol front. :oops: Hopefully it has not distracted viewers from the immensity of my effortless predictationary brilliance and predictors will remain suitably cowed and awed.

I feel like a massive ejectulation of sperm, leading the race towards the victory egg of fertilisation!

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:04 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:Erm, slightly embarassing miscalculation on the mathematical symbol front. :oops: Hopefully it has not distracted viewers from the immensity of my effortless predictationary brilliance and predictors will remain suitably cowed and awed.

I feel like a massive ejectulation of sperm, leading the race towards the victory egg of fertilisation!

Margaret Thatcher's preserved jellied eggs await... :mrgreen:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:Erm, slightly embarassing miscalculation on the mathematical symbol front. :oops: Hopefully it has not distracted viewers from the immensity of my effortless predictationary brilliance and predictors will remain suitably cowed and awed.

Margaret Thatcher's preserved jellied eggs await... :mrgreen:

I feel quite sick.

What an abomination THAT would be.

:shock:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Dear Bart,

Any chance of a table update as I am losing valuable unseemly bragging opportunities over the lower people? :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:19 pm

:(

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:02 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Dear Bart,

Any chance of a table update as I am losing valuable unseemly bragging opportunities over the lower people? :wink:

Last update was 2 weeks ago today, if you are going to do something just do it..............
Nobody but nobody is 2 weeks too busy !

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:45 am

For five and a half long years I have been religiously posting predictions and haven't missed a single one. This sometimes involved walking through snake invested jungles in Cambodia, attempting to connect with ancient equipment in Laos, extending the closing time in Vietnam even though the police were hanging around outside and a host of other bizarre and troublesome stories of hardship and perseverance.

Now, by some quirk of fortune, having been so far behind after 10 games, I have somehow managed to claw my way back beyond respectability and at last reside at the very summit of Mount Prediction. Imagine my surprise and excitement at this feat of pure luck.

However, instead of enjoying a massive celebratory masturbation over the screen with my name in green at the very zenith of performance, all I get is

_

Nothing.

No table at all and yet another week of predictions - and what are the odds that the 2 points I have somehow managed to glean over some of the most annoyingly competent predictors in the entire football league will be frittered away in return to basic form, returning me to the grim realisation that my incredibly lucky streak has at last come to its natural end.

Over the years I have witnessed others have their time of glory at the top of the table. Some enjoyed long spells, others just fleeting forays, but I hoped that one day my it might be my turn and I would be able to bask in the warm sunshine like they had. This dream has now been cruelly denied and the fantasy suppressed and killed.

In light of this I now intend to go on a long sulk and post only numbers and mathematical notations (which will allow me to predict but disengage with the emotionally damaging interaction), the moment of triumph being ruined. I could have lived off this for years, photocopied the table and put it on the toilet door. My crowning achievement, despite all the disadvantages I have struggled with over the years. Bloody rubbish!

*Flounces off in a massive pouty strop!*

*returns*

And whose seen my pink strolling cravat? I can't go out with...... *gasp!*

Someone has been using it as bog roll!
I'm surrounded by flipping animals!

*slams door*

*sulks*

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:35 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:For five and a half long years I have been religiously posting predictions and haven't missed a single one. This sometimes involved walking through snake invested jungles in Cambodia, attempting to connect with ancient equipment in Laos, extending the closing time in Vietnam even though the police were hanging around outside and a host of other bizarre and troublesome stories of hardship and perseverance.

Now, by some quirk of fortune, having been so far behind after 10 games, I have somehow managed to claw my way back beyond respectability and at last reside at the very summit of Mount Prediction. Imagine my surprise and excitement at this feat of pure luck.

However, instead of enjoying a massive celebratory masturbation over the screen with my name in green at the very zenith of performance, all I get is

_

Nothing.

No table at all and yet another week of predictions - and what are the odds that the 2 points I have somehow managed to glean over some of the most annoyingly competent predictors in the entire football league will be frittered away in return to basic form, returning me to the grim realisation that my incredibly lucky streak has at last come to its natural end.

Over the years I have witnessed others have their time of glory at the top of the table. Some enjoyed long spells, others just fleeting forays, but I hoped that one day my it might be my turn and I would be able to bask in the warm sunshine like they had. This dream has now been cruelly denied and the fantasy suppressed and killed.

In light of this I now intend to go on a long sulk and post only numbers and mathematical notations (which will allow me to predict but disengage with the emotionally damaging interaction), the moment of triumph being ruined. I could have lived off this for years, photocopied the table and put it on the toilet door. My crowning achievement, despite all the disadvantages I have struggled with over the years. Bloody rubbish!

*returns*

*slams door*

*sulks*

Couldn't be arsed to read through all that but...have you been taking something?!! :wink: :mrgreen:

I'm sure if it hasn't been done, it must mean that Bart is under the cosh with work, family etc or is having PC problems again. If I get a chance when back from Carlisle this weekend, I'll have a go at collating the results for weeks 25-27 and post a table up on here (I'm sure Bart won't mind - if you do mate, just shout!) I'm already thinking you should be deducted 5 points, Saigon, for dissent!! :mrgreen:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 am

I'm going to tell Saigon's dad on him.

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:45 pm

at last, two weeks update, lovely competition but the undeserved leader will get weaker once, won't he.... :roll: :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:52 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:For five and a half long years I have been religiously posting predictions and haven't missed a single one. This sometimes involved walking through snake invested jungles in Cambodia, attempting to connect with ancient equipment in Laos, extending the closing time in Vietnam even though the police were hanging around outside and a host of other bizarre and troublesome stories of hardship and perseverance.

_

Nothing.

*returns*

*slams door*

*sulks*

Has anyone seen the plot?

I think Saigon's lost it.

:D

The pressure is starting to show, my perverted friend.

There is only one way you can go now - and I look forward to your spectacular failure.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:at last, two weeks update, lovely competition but the undeserved leader will get weaker once, won't he.... :roll: :wink:

See that's better!

And something I can really enjoy wristing one off to!

New massive breasted Asian on avatar in celebration! :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Update of table.....

Week 27

57 Saigon
56 Whitti
54 Old Penk
53 Exile
52 Maverick
52 Stig 231
52 King Crimson
51 Aldridge
51 Manchester
50 Casual D
49 Fray Bentos

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Current update of table

Week 28

59 Saigon
57 Whitti
56 Old Penk
56 Exile
54 Maverick
54 Stig 231
53 King Crimson
53 Manchester
52 Aldridge
51 Casual D
50 Fray Bentos

Apologies to the others, hopefully there will be a proper update soon.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:36 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Current update of table

Week 28

59 Saigon
57 Whitti
56 Old Penk
56 Exile
54 Maverick
54 Stig 231
53 King Crimson
53 Manchester
52 Aldridge
51 Casual D
50 Fray Bentos

Apologies to the others, hopefully there will be a proper update soon.

others? What others? :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Most of the right hand column have fallen by the wayside. Part time players, full time losers. :mrgreen:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:01 am

i'll update it sometime though... not saturday as i'm in ............ england!!!!! :P arsenal-Rovers, remember. Watch for the flemish Flag in the visitors stand.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Normal service will be resumed shortly...

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:50 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:i'll update it sometime though... not saturday as i'm in ............ england!!!!! :P arsenal-Rovers, remember. Watch for the flemish Flag in the visitors stand.

While Walsall play at home????? Stayaway!!!!

:wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:44 am

Updated week 27 >

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Week 28 update >

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Week 29 update >

:D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Recent PP games posted here for storage/consultation purposes:

Games last week 4th Feb

Asps = Bury 2-1, Charlton 2-0
Casual D = Charlton 3-1
Fray B = Notts Co 1-2
Duke = Colchester 0-1, Notts Co 1-1
Mancs = Charlton 2-0
Derby = Charlton 2-0
Aldridge = Charlton 3-0, Colchester 0-2, Notts Co 1-2
Tinned = Bury 1-1, Charlton 3-1
KC = Charlton 2-1, Preston 2-0
Maverick = Charlton 3-1
Kevin = Charlton 2-0
Old Penk = Charlton 2-0
JJ = Charlton 2-0
Exile = no records found :wink:

Oh go on then......
Exile = Charlton 3-1

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Pinnacle has made a request to play 3 postponed games after the deadline. :?:
JJ is now officially in charge (just doing the tables prior to this weekend - hope you don't mind :wink: )

PS - We are missing the info on the previously PP'd games. The only one remaining to be played is MK Dons v Carlisle. We don't have any info on who predicted what at the moment..... :wink:

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:30 pm

How has Saigon's points total increased by 4 in week 29 when he only scored two points?

Stewards enquiry please or official update from Bart

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:32 pm

OldPenkSaddler wrote:How has Saigon's points total increased by 4 in week 29 when he only scored two points?

Stewards enquiry please or official update from Bart

Inflation? :D

OK
Check the B'muff game (2-0)

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:34 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Recent PP games posted here for storage/consultation purposes:

Games last week 4th Feb

Asps = Bury 2-1, Charlton 2-0
Casual D = Charlton 3-1
Fray B = Notts Co 1-2
Duke = Colchester 0-1, Notts Co 1-1
Mancs = Charlton 2-0
Derby = Charlton 2-0
Aldridge = Charlton 3-0, Colchester 0-2, Notts Co 1-2
Tinned = Bury 1-1, Charlton 3-1
KC = Charlton 2-1, Preston 2-0
Maverick = Charlton 3-1
Kevin = Charlton 2-0
Old Penk = Charlton 2-0
JJ = Charlton 2-0
Exile = no records found :wink:
Oh go on then......
Exile = Charlton 3-1

There is another one. The postponed Bournemouth - Exeter game from week 29 (4th Feb) has since been played (Tues 7th) and a number of us predicted that one as well, so I'll add those in for people when doing the table for week 30. I'll keep a record of the above to adjust and update as and when they are played.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:37 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Pinnacle has made a request to play 3 postponed games after the deadline. :?:
JJ is now officially in charge (just doing the tables prior to this weekend - hope you don't mind :wink: )

PS - We are missing the info on the previously PP'd games. The only one remaining to be played is MK Dons v Carlisle. We don't have any info on who predicted what at the moment..... :wink:

I am currently considering the Pinnacle appeal! :wink:
No probs with doing the week 27-29 tables mate. I as going to do them tonight, after you'd PM'd me all the info, but thanks for jumping in to save me the time! I will double check in the pp'd games from the last few weeks, keep records for everyone to make sure no one misses out and then get things straight from this weekend onwards hopefully. I'll be re-negotiating my contract with the board, now I have taken on a dual role!! :mrgreen:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:39 pm

I wish Matt would keep his beak out of this. Just stick your name to the top of any given league table and knock a round off. Much easier for the rest of us.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics