Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League Table 2011/2012

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League Table 2011/2012

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:Recent PP games posted here for storage/consultation purposes:

Games last week 4th Feb

Asps = Bury 2-1, Charlton 2-0
Casual D = Charlton 3-1
Fray B = Notts Co 1-2
Duke = Colchester 0-1, Notts Co 1-1
Mancs = Charlton 2-0
Derby = Charlton 2-0
Aldridge = Charlton 3-0, Colchester 0-2, Notts Co 1-2
Tinned = Bury 1-1, Charlton 3-1
KC = Charlton 2-1, Preston 2-0
Maverick = Charlton 3-1
Kevin = Charlton 2-0
Old Penk = Charlton 2-0
JJ = Charlton 2-0
Exile = no records found :wink:
Oh go on then......
Exile = Charlton 3-1

There is another one. The postponed Bournemouth - Exeter game from week 29 (4th Feb) has since been played (Tues 7th) and a number of us predicted that one as well, so I'll add those in for people when doing the table for week 30. I'll keep a record of the above to adjust and update as and when they are played.

All the points from the B'muff game I added to the points for the week 29.
Double check all this though mate if poss as due to the 3 week info blast 'honest' mistakes may happen! :D :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:45 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:All the points from the B'muff game I added to the points for the week 29.
Double check all this though mate if poss as due to the 3 week info blast 'honest' mistakes may happen! :D :wink:

Okay, I'll double check. Got some 'extra time' tomorrow morning as my game is off too, so may look at it all then.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:49 pm

OldPenkSaddler wrote:How has Saigon's points total increased by 4 in week 29 when he only scored two points?

Stewards enquiry please or official update from Bart

Have checked week 29. Saigon adjusted his predictions before the 3pm deadline and did indeed score 4 points. You may have been looking at his initial predictions earlier in the thread.

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:I wish Matt would keep his beak out of this. Just stick your name to the top of any given league table and knock a round off. Much easier for the rest of us.

:D I was under the impression jj was in charge, but ss just can't resist...

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Exile wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:I wish Matt would keep his beak out of this. Just stick your name to the top of any given league table and knock a round off. Much easier for the rest of us.

Yeah, I am as far as I'm aware, after the PMs we were firing around the other night! SS just offered to help out if I needed it when time was short or I had too much on. As he had all the data for previous weeks and I couldn't really deal with it until this weekend at the earliest, he helpfully went ahead and updated tables (don't worry I will double check calculations if I can! :wink: ), which I am thankful for. I should be okay from this week onwards!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Exile wrote:

Bart has officially ditched it due to work issues. :idea:

I am milking my favourable position for all it's worth, including much needed table(s) update for the viewing pleasure of the general public! :D

JJ is in full command from here on in, barring the odd request to do the table. Image :wink:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:26 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:Bart has officially ditched it due to work issues. :idea:

sorry lads but indeed due to work issues and elections issues, i really don't have the time and the guts to update the table every week, I even forgot to predict last weekend. But if I'm the next mayor in town, I'll make up with you lads and buy you all a (or more than 1) pint on our next visit. We already decided to come to Walsall in september/october, hopefully in L1 but even in L2 we'll be there again!!!!

OldPenkSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
OldPenkSaddler wrote:How has Saigon's points total increased by 4 in week 29 when he only scored two points?

Stewards enquiry please or official update from Bart

Have checked week 29. Saigon adjusted his predictions before the 3pm deadline and did indeed score 4 points. You may have been looking at his initial predictions earlier in the thread.

Yes, Many apologies JJ. Didn't realise that the Charlton game had been rearraged to midweek and SS had fluked a result.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:20 pm

ON, On, on Comrades!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQcX2Tcf0H0[/youtube]

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:34 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:Week 29 update >

:D

After the 2 pp games played tonight (Tues 21st Feb) week 29 table hasn't changed as everyone predicted Charlton to win and they didn't! No-one predicted us to be Scunny either (oh ye of little faith!) Notts v Stevenage is Weds 22nd so will re-evaluate week 29 table again tomorrow.

People have earned points from the MK Dons v Bury game just played, which was from week 30, and I have a record of these so no-one loses out! I will add these to people's running totals when it best fits! With two massively postponed weeks and re-arranged dates so spread, it is basically a massive 'head swim' at the moment!! But don't worry, I know what I'm doing and all will become clear in due course!! At the end of it all, Saigon will find himself in 5th position!! :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:At the end of it all, Saigon will find himself in 5th position!!

I always rated you, JJ! :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 am

Exile wrote:
Jolly Johnny wrote:At the end of it all, Saigon will find himself in 5th position!!

Strangely, I didn't. :D :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:

Strangely, I didn't. :D :wink:

Well I think perhaps JJ will be pleased about that. :wink:

When's the crash gonna happen? I can't wait to see Saigon's ego pop into non-existence.

It's like watching a little toddler running around screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!! I ONLY WEAR NAPPIES AT NIGHT TIME!!" while the watching adults shake their heads and smile.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Well I think perhaps JJ will be pleased about that. :wink:

When's the crash gonna happen? I can't wait to see Saigon's ego pop into non-existence.

It's like watching a little toddler running around screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!! I ONLY WEAR NAPPIES AT NIGHT TIME!!" while the watching adults shake their heads and smile.

But I do only wear........oh..... :(

Part of me thinks that a crushing defeat would actually be good for me. Something like being the leader and failing on the final round of predictions.

What was that like Manchester? :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 pm

:(

I still haven't recovered from having the trophy so brutally snatched from my clutching fingers on the last week of the season.

:evil:

Perhaps that explains why I've allowed you to catch up with me, Saigon me old mucker.

My therapist says that I just need a few more weeks and I shall be back to my best.

Prepare to be trodden on, my perverted friend.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 am

Drum roll please... :lol:

After many hours (and I do mean that literally! :? ) I have put together all the results and postponements from the past few weeks and here is the latest table as things stand. It would have been mega tricky to try and do separate tables for weeks 30, 31 and 32 with all the pp games to factor in so it is a combined table of how things stand right now, after the pp games were played Tues and Weds this week. Separate week winners are as follows:

Week 30: PINNACLE & cumbria saddler with 4 points
Week 31: Whitti Steve, PINNACLE, Old Penk Saddler & Maverick with 3 points
Week 32: Asps & gerryhatrick with 4 points

pp asterisks are all accurate as far as I can work out and I have a list of all people's pp games from the 3 weeks there were postponements, along with the dates they will now be played (thanks to stig for helping with that! :wink: ) As and when these get played I will update totals to keep it ticking along.

I have based the table on those who have been regular predictors over the past 5 weeks, and people who have stopped predicting I have cut off (!) to keep it to a one column table and easier to manage / follow. If anyone wants the other names back, let me know but it is easier this way!!

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks for all your effort JJ - well done, but I appear to be missing 4 or 5 point :wink: :lol:

Morty
Glitterati

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:58 am

17th!??? :cry:

I was as high as 11th not long ago! it's a Manchester-style fall from grace!! :twisted: :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Rather than another load of jibber-jabbering waffle about my position, I thought you would all prefer this:

You're welcome! :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Morty wrote:17th!??? :cry:

I was as high as 11th not long ago! it's a Manchester-style fall from grace!! :twisted: :wink:

Looks like I am a prediction legend - but clearly for the WRONG reasons.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:

Such are the wages of sin, Manchester. :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:19 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:

Thus speaks the world's most legendary delusional self-trumpeter.

Changed your nappy yet? :D :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:

Thus speaks the world's most legendary delusional self-trumpeter.

Changed your nappy yet? :D :wink:

No, there was an acciden........D'oh!?! :oops: :x :oops:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Very heavy week coming up so doing the latest table while I have the chance. Lots of points scored this week and only two 0 scores.
Top scorer was Morty with 5 points, well done!
Must mention the 4 pointers too, who normally would win the week with that many points, so well done to Whitti, Casual D, Manchester Saddler and Saigon.
There are three pp games on Tuesday night, so will update the table again before Saturday, if I get a chance.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:01 pm

It's like a recurring nightmare. :(

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Exile wrote:It's like a recurring nightmare. :(

I know what you mean! :?

If only you hadn't missed those two weeks, you'd be snapping at his heels right now!!

Morty
Glitterati

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Yay me!! :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Updated prediction league table after the pp games were played on Tuesday, Chesterfield v Charlton in the main.
Only 1 point was scored by most, but there has been a little movement in the table because of it.
I will endeavour to do the week 34 one this evening so it doesn't confuse with Tuesday's week 35 predictions coming up.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Well, the less than interesting pattern of predicting 'safe' Huddersfield, Charlton or Sheffield games finally came back to bite this prediction weekend!!
Just under 40% of people scored a big fat 0 today, mainly due to the collapses of Sheff Utd and Huddersfield after having 2 or 3 goal leads!
After last week when so many scored 3 or more points, only two managed that feat - Tinned (thanks to Olly Lancashire!) and Kevin, who top scored with 3 points, well done!

Some movement in the table, yet Saigon remains top, although his lead has been cut!!

Don't forget to predict this Tuesday night's games - prediction week 35 thread is already up!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Congratulations to all the various players who scored some points today.

Special wishes to Manchester who cut the deficit from 9 (nine) to 8 (eight) points for the first time since losing a commanding 4 point advantage back in what seems like 1974.
Enjoy your moment in the sun - this is your shining, golden moment - well done!
Don't ever let anyone spoil it or try and take it away from you! What are you now, 15th?
Upon reflection, it is due to some fluked postponed game that came in. Oh well. :?

Anyway, I was looking for a suitable picture to define how I've been feeling over the last weeks. I didn't want anything too over the top or that could be considered smug or anything. After admiring my innate superiority in a full length mirror, prancing naked around the room, smearing the warm oil of victory over my freshly shaven parts and scouring the internet for several hours I came up with this - the comments are amusing but the face says it ALL:

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics