Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League Table 2011/2012

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League Table 2011/2012

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Pass the sick bucket, Mavis :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:10 am

76 Saigon
75 Whitti
> Mossive gap <
69 Manchester and others

IT is fair to say that although the massively distended teet of lucky luck at which I am suckling like some kind of magnificent bloated piglet has not dried up, its equivalent has ejaculated a couple of slugs of creamy goodness into the open, dribbling mouth of Whitti Steve over the past couple of weeks.

As we approach the awakening dawn of the beginning of the initiation of the approach to the end of the competition, it has clearly turned into a two horse race. A pair of superb stallions prance around in the sunshine, coats gleaming brilliantly with the honest sweat of success while vast, hairy manes toss about in some kind of ethereal wind. I think I would be a white one, representing purity and honesty, while Whitti said he preferred the black one as he felt it best conveyed the darkness and malevolence that burned in his soul. *

Having discussed at length the situation with Whitti, I am proud and touched to say that he considers me the only worthy candidate with which he would wrestle naked, oiled up and naked. *

When I enquired about the other players I was surprised to hear that to him they were ‘Corpulent, maggot-ridden puss-balls of irrelevance’ and ‘unfit to set even a foot upon the carpet of destiny’ *

We both agreed * that we would wish them well in their desperate struggle in the sticky slime and urine produced by their own failure and hope that this tune would encourage them to ’do the best that they could, given the circumstances’:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBX16iBQ0rI[/youtube]

* He didn't say this.
* I haven't discussed this with Whitti.
* All quotes attributed are made up and he didn't say any of them.
* Nothing was agreed. This is all down to me.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Mmmm oily wrestling

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:52 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:IT is fair to say that although the massively distended teet of lucky luck at which I am suckling like some kind of magnificent bloated piglet has not dried up, its equivalent has ejaculated a couple of slugs of creamy goodness into the open, dribbling mouth of Whitti Steve over the past couple of weeks.

As we approach the awakening dawn of the beginning of the initiation of the approach to the end of the competition, it has clearly turned into a two horse race. A pair of superb stallions prance around in the sunshine, coats gleaming brilliantly with the honest sweat of success while vast, hairy manes toss about in some kind of ethereal wind. I think I would be a white one, representing purity and honesty, while Whitti said he preferred the black one as he felt it best conveyed the darkness and malevolence that burned in his soul. *

Having discussed at length the situation with Whitti, I am proud and touched to say that he considers me the only worthy candidate with which he would wrestle naked, oiled up and naked. *

When I enquired about the other players I was surprised to hear that to him they were ‘Corpulent, maggot-ridden puss-balls of irrelevance’ and ‘unfit to set even a foot upon the carpet of destiny’

What the hell are you on (about)?! :wink: :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:37 pm

What the hell are you on (about)?!

I think my syphilis may be starting to kick in..... :? :D

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:24 pm

One point closer, my perverted friend - one point closer ...

I'm coming to get ya ...

:D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:One point closer, my perverted friend - one point closer ...

I'm coming to get ya ...

I think you may be 3rd! :shock:

7 points is a bit of margin, but maybe, just maybe! :!:

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:17 pm

I see you picked a veresion of "We'll meet again" featuring a young New Zealander. Are you subconsciously thinking of anything in particular, saigon. :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:22 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:One point closer, my perverted friend - one point closer ...

I'm coming to get ya ...

I think you may be 3rd! :shock:

Actually 4th, by my calculations, but this will be confired when week 35 table is up tomorrow or Fri evening!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Exile wrote:I see you picked a veresion of "We'll meet again" featuring a young New Zealander. Are you subconsciously thinking of anything in particular, saigon. :D

It was the first I came across (and I would - oo-er!) Pretty well sung too! :D

SWS1

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Pass the sick bucket, Mavis :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pass it on to me when you've finished! :shock:
Actually, I was quite enjoying that scurrilous diatribe until I saw that sciolist Psychon Saddler couldn't spell "pus". Then my ancient schoolmaster persona kicked in!
:mrgreen:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Evening all! Updated table for Tuesday night (week 35) below.
The winner was canadian saddler with 4 points, well done!
But with a few 3 pointers too, the gap on our esteemed leader gets ever smaller! Is the pressure getting to him?!! :wink:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Prediction League Table 2011/2012

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:37 am

I bet that single "*" next to whitti's name is a cause of some concern for our asiatic leader. One point behind, one game in hand, one bead of sweat perfectly formed on Saigon's forehead.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:05 am

King Crimson wrote:I bet that single "*" next to whitti's name is a cause of some concern for our asiatic leader. One point behind, one game in hand, one bead of sweat perfectly formed on Saigon's forehead.

*like*

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:35 am

King Crimson wrote:I bet that single "*" next to whitti's name is a cause of some concern for our asiatic leader. One point behind, one game in hand, one bead of sweat perfectly formed on Saigon's forehead.

I have already liberated my prediction fate to the spiteful and whimsical goddess of chance and fortune. She will deal with me as she may, either to raise me aloft to dine on the honey dewed ambrosia of monumental victory, or cast me down from the Tarpeian Rock of failure to stare up at the dimming sky as my broken limbs scream in the agony of a thousand fractured dreams.

I shall meet each impostor with the same unblinking countenance, and welcome each like a forgotten sweetheart as they sail into the port of destiny, unfurling either a black or white sail to condemn or acclaim. I have already stormed the gates of heaven and urinated into the font of victory. I have already led a thunderous charge beyond the bristling pikes of improbability, hacked my way through the bodyguard of denial and lopped off the head of the bloated satrap. Sending the decapitation spinning into the bloody dust I have grasped the white hot crown of triumph and pranced around with it as a small child toys with a kitten.

It may be that the hordes of the damned close in around me and butcher me with their long, poisonous knives of ice, or it may be that I escape with the prize to luxuriate within a vast empire of achievement that will stun the world.

But I will have done my very best against overwhelming odds. I can do no more. My mind is unencumbered by doubt and runs as clear as a mountain stream. I will drink from cup of destiny regardless of whether it contains the sweetest wine or the bitterest phlegm! :D

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:53 am

Let me take a look in my "Bothered" pocket, Saigon.

No. It's empty. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:09 pm

King Crimson wrote:Let me take a look in my "Bothered" pocket, Saigon.

No. It's empty. :D

My phlegmy cup runneth over! :(

:wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Despite your bravado, Saigon, we all know that beneath the bluster lies a weak little insignificant mouse, scared and squeaking every week - particularly when he realises that the Mighty Manchester (and others) have little asterisks by their name - when you have a massive ZERO!

As I said - I am coming to get ya - with my cats!!

Be afraid - be very afraid.

(let's hope that I don't get zero today)

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Well, you managed one point Manchester and are now just 8 points behind.

Let me re-phrase: are just 8 (eight) points behind.

At this rate you and your feline friends might be somewhere within the same time zone after 60 weeks of predicting fun.

Meow.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:29 am

Morning all! Below is the updated table after yesterday's games (week 36).
With Huddersfield and Charlton both failing to win at home, it was a low scoring week. Majority of people scored only 1 point and there were a couple of 0s but our winner was Old Penk Saddler with 3 points, well done! He has gained a little ground on the top man!

There are a number of pp games this Tuesday so will get an updated table done either that night or Thurs.

Don't forget two prediction threads coming up this week with League 1 games next Sat, as well as the FA Cup QFs. Threads for this will appear after Tuesday's L1 games.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:24 pm

May I be the first to compliment you on you efficiency JJ :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:39 pm

chestersaddler wrote:May I be the first to compliment you on you efficiency JJ :D

Thanks Chester! :wink:
Just trying to keep on top of things, else it'll all mount up! With pp games Tues and league and FA Cup next Sat, it'll be a busy week!
As long as someone overhauls the SS at the end, it'll all be worth it! :mrgreen:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:May I be the first to compliment you on you efficiency JJ :D

Thanks Chester! :wink:
Just trying to keep on top of things, else it'll all mount up! With pp games Tues and league and FA Cup next Sat, it'll be a busy week!
As long as someone overhauls the SS at the end, it'll all be worth it! :mrgreen:

Can't you dock a few points of the perv for arrogance, JJ?

:wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Evening all!
Here is the prediction league table after week 37 (Sat 17th). It also includes the pp games from Tues 13th, although only 1 point was scored then, so didn't affect a great deal!
Last Saturday was a very interesting prediction week. The big guns (Charlton, Sheff Utd, Franchise, Huddersfield etc) all misfired again, meaning very low scores. In fact, 18 out of 25 predictors scored a big fat zero!! :shock: The week's winner was gerryhatrick with 4 points, well done!
The very low scores hasn't really affected places other than a nice little rise up the table for gerry!
The week 38 table from tonight will be done asap.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:07 pm

No time like the present (!) so here is the table after tonight's games.
A bit more of a normal looking prediction week scorewise as the 'big boys' of League 1 were back to winning ways and the goals were flying in.
Only one zero but lots of people top scored with 3 points. Congratulations to the following: derbysaddler, FBIG, Flemish, King Crimson, Casual D, Chester, and little ol' me!
The gap on the top man is getting smaller all the time, and those pp games could definitely come into play (next Tues is a biggie!).
Prediction thread for this Sat already up and running.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:02 am

"The lord giveth and the lord taketh away"

Apparently. :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:"The lord giveth and the lord taketh away"

Apparently. :wink:

Yes, quite.

Five round form:

Saigon [choke] Saddler: 1.2 points per round - trend: down.
Exile: 1.4 points per round and increasing - trend: up

Your star is on the wane, the eclipse cometh. Verily i say unto you, pride goeth before a fall, and ye castles built on sande shall collapse. beware false prophets, and all that guff, etc....

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:12 am

Thanks for the speedy updates JJ. Any chance of reminding me what my * is for (if only to scare Saigon a little :mrgreen: )

Squeeky bum time.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:08 am

Whitti Steve wrote:Thanks for the speedy updates JJ. Any chance of reminding me what my * is for (if only to scare Saigon a little :mrgreen: )

Squeeky bum time.

...and my * too!

:mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:55 am

I shall maintain my effortless dignity and bring all my resources to bear:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c[/youtube]

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics