Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

MY LAST POST.

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
Doffer
UTS Veteran

MY LAST POST.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:35 am

:( Offer here,

It is with sincere regret that this is my last post on this great forum.

We have always had a laugh, some great wind up merchants ( SHEFFIELD SADDLER & COXY ) garbage uttered by many, mostly by me and some really good topics discussed by some very knowledgable posters.

But this post by a Mod, has crossed the line, in my humble opinion

Thankless task, writing on here and modding on here. Lucky I also pay for the privilege. Anyone can join the owners club and have a say. Tenner a month? Small beer to some people, big deal to others, but theres a dozen of us who think enough of UTS to help Admin out with the enormous cost of hosting this site.

because I pay, I can state quite clearly this site is not a democracy, so if you don't like it tough doodoos

I would have no problem in paying to use this site, but many cannot !!

But this Mod is clearly saying that by paying a subscription ( i did not know that this was common practice ), it puts you above the rest of the members of this site and gives your opportunties that other to not have, on this site.

I pay for the privilege, HOW DARE YOU !!

Big deal to others , HOW DARE YOU !!

Buts theres a dozen of us who think enough of UTS to help Admin out with the enormous cost of hosting this site - SELF INDULGENT *RAT springs to mind.

So it is clear than 12 memebrs of this site, are of the opinion that they give more to this site, than the other hundreds who visit this site daily.

Good bye to all but we"ll meet again throughout this season, I have no doubt.

:oops: Offer gone for good.

gray
Glitterati

Re: MY LAST POST.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:49 am

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:52 am

...and with that, Doffer, your credibility goes through the floor. I showed small support for your point in what is/was essentially, a storm in a teacup issue, but you go about arguing your case in a manner which does you no favours. To declare your resignation with such drama only enforces the belief that your ego is not only sensitive, but huge.

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:59 am

Agree with the toys out of the pram comments above

although it is a little similar to the Jeff Boner - "and why shouldn't I" type comment which was made

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Doffer wrote::( Offer here,

It is with sincere regret that this is my last post on this great forum.

We have always had a laugh, some great wind up merchants ( SHEFFIELD SADDLER & COXY ) garbage uttered by many, mostly by me and some really good topics discussed by some very knowledgable posters.

But this post by a Mod, has crossed the line, in my humble opinion

Thankless task, writing on here and modding on here. Lucky I also pay for the privilege. Anyone can join the owners club and have a say. Tenner a month? Small beer to some people, big deal to others, but theres a dozen of us who think enough of UTS to help Admin out with the enormous cost of hosting this site.

because I pay, I can state quite clearly this site is not a democracy, so if you don't like it tough doodoos

I would have no problem in paying to use this site, but many cannot !!

But this Mod is clearly saying that by paying a subscription ( i did not know that this was common practice ), it puts you above the rest of the members of this site and gives your opportunties that other to not have, on this site.

I pay for the privilege, HOW DARE YOU !!

Big deal to others , HOW DARE YOU !!

Buts theres a dozen of us who think enough of UTS to help Admin out with the enormous cost of hosting this site - SELF INDULGENT *RAT springs to mind.

So it is clear than 12 memebrs of this site, are of the opinion that they give more to this site, than the other hundreds who visit this site daily.

Good bye to all but we"ll meet again throughout this season, I have no doubt.

:oops: Offer gone for good.

Give me strength :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mafino
UTS Regular

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Agree with Doffer, that is quite rude of the Mods to say that but no need to stop posting

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Both sides pretty daft in all honesty.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:15 pm

We haven't had an "I quit" post for ages. They used to be a lot more regular :D

For the record, not all moderators are contributors and so don't get access to the part of the site that's reserved for those that do contribute. Why shouldn't they have some area of their own? If it wasn't for them UTS would've folded about 2 years ago.

I don't think any moderator thinks they're more important than others on the site. The problem is when certain people get into an arhument with a moderator and they think it's a moderator v normal poster argument. It's not, it's an argument between 2 posters. Why can't people see that moderators are posters first and foremost and moderators second?

To be fair, UTS is not a democracy. It's a private website owned by Steve Roy. He decides who mods. He also sets the rules and boundaries on what can/cannot be posted on his site. If he decides to ban a poster (including any moderator) he can do, without question because it's his site. If I visited your house Doffer I would happily abide by your rules, even if I didn't agree with them.

realist saddler
UTS Veteran

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Thats a shame,

Tara

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:18 pm

tinned wrote:The problem is when certain people get into an arhument with a moderator and they think it's a moderator v normal poster argument. It's not, it's an argument between 2 posters. Why can't people see that moderators are posters first and foremost and moderators second?

Spot on. I can only think such people suffer from persecutory delusions.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:20 pm

4143 wrote:
tinned wrote:The problem is when certain people get into an arhument with a moderator and they think it's a moderator v normal poster argument. It's not, it's an argument between 2 posters. Why can't people see that moderators are posters first and foremost and moderators second?

What the funk is an arhument?

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:22 pm

There is more to life then a web site moderated by a set of fools. (well most of them anyway).

Just sort the number of posts into amount order, and you will see the ones that need to get a life. (perhaps look at > 5000 posts).

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:22 pm

PJD wrote:
4143 wrote:

When people hum opposing views to each other.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:23 pm

PJD wrote:
4143 wrote:

It's one key away from being correct in a rushed lunchtime :mrgreen:

aaaae
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:28 pm

tinned wrote:
PJD wrote:
4143 wrote:

Oh yes, I can see how that happens, I've just noticed I did the same thing in posting my question.

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:30 pm

PJD wrote:
tinned wrote:
PJD wrote:
4143 wrote:

Oh yes, I can see how that happens, I've just noticed I did the same thing in posting my question.

Yeah, but you were 3 keys away :wink:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:35 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:There is more to life then a web site moderated by a set of fools. (well most of them anyway).

Just sort the number of posts into amount order, and you will see the ones that need to get a life. (perhaps look at > 5000 posts).

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:44 pm

GAY!!! :lol:

myleftknee
UTS Veteran

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:48 pm

The Mods do get a bit 'Little Hitler' from time to time, as this post highlights, I'm sure a few are frustrated traffic wardens.

But I console myself with the fact that it's just a website.

gypnac
UTS Veteran

The Aprentice - advice

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:58 pm

:D Duffer was here.

Where's Wendy?

Duffer's gone :lol:

aaaae
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Can someone please put together a montage of Offer's best bits?

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:12 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:There is more to life then a web site moderated by a set of fools. (well most of them anyway).

:lol: :lol:

snapple
UTS Regular

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 pm

He is not really getting the sympathy/attention that he clearly wants is he. N :D b

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

MY LAST POST.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 pm

It's a website. Man up.

Love it how Sheff sticks his little oar in too. Nowhere in Tividale or Tipton has a man had such hussy fits about a website.

Doofer, man up.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Toodle pip.

You still here Sheff? I thought you had now devoted your time to a professional woman hunt? By that I don't mean prostitutes, but a full time private detective search for a lady called Wendy.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Yet another example of people taking this message board too seriously.

IT'S ONLY A MESSAGE BOARD FFS!!!!

:D

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Like tinned says though, it's good to have an old style resignation. They normally only last a maximum of a few weeks before posting again.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:Like tinned says though, it's good to have an old style resignation. They normally only last a maximum of a few weeks before posting again.

I love a good resignation speech. Next, how about a "poster of the year" thread? Please?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:Like tinned says though, it's good to have an old style resignation. They normally only last a maximum of a few weeks before posting again.

I love a good resignation speech. Next, how about a "poster of the year" thread? Please?

My vote goes to.....

Next
Return to UTS Classics