Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1: Table 2010-2011

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1: Table 2010-2011

Fri May 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Here is the exciting culmination of this year's prediction league!

A low scoring week due to some pretty random results and too many zeros to mention.....you know who you are! But three points was the highest score and this went to stig 231, the predictor who has managed to finish in 1st place for the last two years. This amazingly pulled Stig level with HK in an incredible final try (and plaudits should be given to Stig for his sustained success over the last three years in the prediction league), but our long-term leader managed to hang on to the top spot by his fingernails (thanks to Colchester) from this most persistent of challengers. The single point HK gained this week is enough to claim first place, so MANY CONGRATULATIONS to our new champion: HK Saddler!!!

Stig finished a clear 2nd - so no disgrace as he finally surrenders his crown, JJ's valiant effort finally faltered, but 3rd place is no mean feat - maybe next year? KC's creditable 4th is also worthy of mention thanks to a late charge - not like him! :wink: Canadian's challenge was consumed but he remains ahead of the chasing pack: Whitti Steve (6th) and Maverick, 4 Oaks and Saigon together on 7th one point behind. We finally know who will be paying for the curry! Talking of which - Exile, Fray Bentos and Duke fell away in the closing rounds - as they looked on for higher finishes at one point (it's a marathon, not a sprint). :wink: Asps finished strongly for a decent 11th, but a special mention for Manchester, who started badly, tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better, but apart from that: excellent! (3-2) :wink:

Welsh won the battle of the 2nd table with comfort in the end and for everyone else - better luck next year! :wink:

There are three tables showing predictors in their final placings (3 in joint 7th, 2 in 12th and 3 in 24th), so take your pick of which one accomodates you in the highest position, or just use the first one, as that's the best :wink:

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Fri May 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Exile would have won had he played all the rounds!

I am happy with my first years efforts, well half a year.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Fri May 13, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm happy with 6th - do I get into Europe?

I'm sure I speak on behalf of most (Exile and Manchester excepted :P ) in thanking Saigon for taking over at the end, and obviously to Bart (Flemish Saddler) for his valiant efforts for most of the season, despite obviously having a busy time of it.

I shall be having a nice relaxing summer, before training hard ready for next seasons predictions. UTS

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Fri May 13, 2011 3:09 pm

I'll be back!

Be afraid, Saigon! Be very afraid!

:mrgreen:

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Fri May 13, 2011 6:12 pm

A bit if a phyrric victory with the missing week, thanks to Bart for doing so much for most of the season. I hope all is well and you're able to run this next season. Also thanks to saigon for taking over late on.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Fri May 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Crimson Mourinho!!!!!!
:D

4th!!! Champions League!!!
Oh, the irony. :(

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Fri May 13, 2011 7:10 pm

oh... forgot to say

WELL DONE HK SADDLER

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Fri May 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Whitti Steve wrote:oh... forgot to say

WELL DONE HK SADDLER

Yeah, yeah, yeah...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Whatever. :roll:

;)

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat May 14, 2011 8:01 am

WELL DONE HK SADDLER

Luck - pure luck - total luck - nothing but luck!

Beginner's luck at that!

In a season that didn't happen, nobody won! NOBODY!

:wink:

HKSaddler
the "fececious" one

Sat May 14, 2011 9:35 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:

WELL DONE HK SADDLER

Luck - pure luck - total luck - nothing but luck!

Beginner's luck at that!

In a season that didn't happen, nobody won! NOBODY!

:wink:

Cheers Manc, your feelings on this matter so much to me. :wink:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat May 14, 2011 10:55 am

Jesus, I fell away just like Tottenham.

This is going to be improved next year. I have a pervert, Prime ministerial imposter and a rateater in front of me.

My dad is coming round in a bit. I shall not be telling him.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat May 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:I have a pervert, Prime ministerial imposter and a rateater in front of me.

Plus a few more I think you'll find!! :wink:

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Sun May 15, 2011 7:48 am

Well done HK

Best ever finish for me by a long way

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun May 15, 2011 8:09 am

canadiansaddler wrote:Well done HK

I'll trade ya curry for ribs. :wink:

Congratulations HK. I agree with your comments and those of manc. This was a dog's dinner.

stig231
UTS Veteran

Sun May 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Congratulations HK , nearly got you at the end.

Thanks to Saigon for picking up the baton , although not too many thanks as he obviously can't count as well as our usual host Bart :mrgreen: :wink:

See you all again next season

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Sun May 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Exile wrote:
canadiansaddler wrote:Well done HK

I'll trade ya curry for ribs. :wink:

Congratulations HK. I agree with your comments and those of manc. This was a dog's dinner.

Ribs it is - next Saturday - our place - Wife says simply bring the vino.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon May 16, 2011 8:03 am

Exile wrote:Bah! :x I am useless midtable mediocrity personified.

I will be in the top ten, I hope.

Please make it SooOOOOOoon!Or I'll look more of an idiot than I already am

:!:

Many congratulations on your top ten finish Exile, you must be thrilled! :D :wink:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon May 16, 2011 8:04 am

stig231 wrote:Congratulations HK , nearly got you at the end.

Thanks to Saigon for picking up the baton , although not too many thanks as he obviously can't count as well as our usual host Bart :mrgreen: :wink:

See you all again next season

In the words of Arnold Stiginator "You'll be back!" :wink:

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue May 17, 2011 9:46 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:

Many congratulations on your top ten finish Exile, you must be thrilled! :D :wink:

Yes, yes, I am, thank you for asking.

Congratulations on your extremely inferior points per game ratio. As I say every year, once I get to constantly putting my picks in, I'll be there. Sadly, you being in charge chucks a spanner in the works with your late calls for arbitrary picks on England weeks, not awarding points for outstanding games from predictors and generally rigging it so you can pat yourself on the back for your own late top ten moment. I'm sure you're thrilled at your late surge and form improvement pulling you up the table, just about coinciding with the moment you took over. :wink: :P

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue May 17, 2011 10:48 am

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Congratulations on your extremely inferior points per game ratio. As I say every year, once I get to constantly putting my picks in, I'll be there. Sadly, you being in charge chucks a spanner in the works with your late calls for arbitrary picks on England weeks, not awarding points for outstanding games from predictors and generally rigging it so you can pat yourself on the back for your own late top ten moment. I'm sure you're thrilled at your late surge and form improvement pulling you up the table, just about coinciding with the moment you took over. :wink: :P

I am always thrilled at my surges - I was down in 35th at one point and came back to 7th! :D

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Tue May 17, 2011 11:30 am

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Joking apart (not that you are joking, we know you are bitter and twisted) - perhaps whoever runs the show next year should put a note in the "league table" thread each time a new match thread is posted, that way if everyone stays "subscribed" to that one, they will get a notification email (if you use this feature). Also, perhaps any match thread started for example, within 3 days of the games, should be null and void for everyone? Just a thought

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue May 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Joking apart (not that you are joking, we know you are bitter and twisted) - perhaps whoever runs the show next year should put a note in the "league table" thread each time a new match thread is posted, that way if everyone stays "subscribed" to that one, they will get a notification email (if you use this feature). Also, perhaps any match thread started for example, within 3 days of the games, should be null and void for everyone? Just a thought

Good point Steve.

I think that's a good idea, and also to post a short list of the postponed * matches on the league thread so they don't get lost if there is a computer fault anywhere and data gets lost. There were a couple of late prediction weeks posted, but these came about due to the limbo of having no-one in control and predictors keen to get that week started, so that isn't normally a problem.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun May 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Any more comments on this season's fiasco before it's archived, barely meriting such status. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue May 31, 2011 12:21 pm

Exile wrote:Any more comments on this season's fiasco before it's archived, barely meriting such status. :D

Please can we retain all the previous existing prediction leagues as they make amusing reading. :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue May 31, 2011 8:33 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:Any more comments on this season's fiasco before it's archived, barely meriting such status. :D

Please can we retain all the previous existing prediction leagues as they make amusing reading. :D

That's the plan. Some local archivist in Walsall library in 2112 (assuming there's such a place in the future) may be amused at these snippets of social history from a better age. :D

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

That's the plan. Some local archivist in Walsall library in 2112 (assuming there's such a place in the future) may be amused at these snippets of social history from a better age. :D

Maybe they'll commission some research into who would have won if missing weeks and misplaced PMs had been counted. :mrgreen:

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue May 31, 2011 8:48 pm

King Crimson wrote:
Exile wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Maybe they'll commission some research into who would have won if missing weeks and misplaced PMs had been counted. :mrgreen:

There'll probably be cash available for that once all the money's been diverted from the climate change scam, which will have been thoroughly exposed by then. :mrgreen:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 am

HKSaddler wrote:A bit if a phyrric victory with the missing week, thanks to Bart for doing so much for most of the season. I hope all is well and you're able to run this next season. Also thanks to saigon for taking over late on.

Congratulations HK!!!!! And thanks for the "thanks", my pleasure but really very very busy times last months, it's getting calmer already and i really hope to start it again next season because that's the time of the week I take some time to read the board aswell so if saigon hasn't any problems with it i could do it again.

Big thanks to Saigon btw to take it from me in the middle of the season.
Looking forward to the fixtures as we'll certainly visit waslsall again next season!!!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:
HKSaddler wrote:A bit if a phyrric victory with the missing week, thanks to Bart for doing so much for most of the season. I hope all is well and you're able to run this next season. Also thanks to saigon for taking over late on.

Congratulations HK!!!!! And thanks for the "thanks", my pleasure but really very very busy times last months, it's getting calmer already and i really hope to start it again next season because that's the time of the week I take some time to read the board aswell so if saigon hasn't any problems with it i could do it again.

Big thanks to Saigon btw to take it from me in the middle of the season.
Looking forward to the fixtures as we'll certainly visit waslsall again next season!!!

No problem at all Bart, great to have you back! :D :wink:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:we'll certainly visit waslsall again next season!!!

i can't even write it anymore, that long ago :oops:

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics