Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Summer 2010 - official transfer rumours thread

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
thickkearns
UTS Veteran

Re: Summer 2010 - official transfer rumours thread

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:27 pm

I thought every story on there was a joke? Deeney to Swindon ...? utter nonsense .... Vassell ...? he might be mates with Dazza .. well so is Routledge so maybe he must be signing for us as well !!!!

WFC_Jimmy
UTS Veteran

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Vassell...living in cuckoo land! would be a great signing but he will end up at blackpool or lower prem team

matt-thesaddler
UTS Legend

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Today from FR

Walsall will sign former coventry striker Michael Mifsud if troy deeney is sold in this transfer window
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trinidad and tobago internationals Devon Jorsling and Makan Hislop are subject to a bid from walsall, only if they raise the money from the sale of troy deeney
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:20 pm

matt-thesaddler wrote:Today from FR

Walsall will sign former coventry striker Michael Mifsud if troy deeney is sold in this transfer window
Trinidad and tobago internationals Devon Jorsling and Makan Hislop are subject to a bid from walsall, only if they raise the money from the sale of troy deeney

That rubbish isnt worthy of been in this thread..

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:38 pm

FR=F******** Rubbish

fensaddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 am

DanWalsallFC wrote:

Its a rumours thread...? We're all big enough boys and girls to believe what we choose to believe, and disregard what we don't... But yes, I do get the impression that FR is much as Exile suggests!

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:24 pm

fensaddler wrote:
DanWalsallFC wrote:

Its a rumours thread...? We're all big enough boys and girls to believe what we choose to believe, and disregard what we don't... But yes, I do get the impression that FR is much as Exile suggests!

No, seriously.. It doesnt deserve to get on here. ANYBODY can just put there fake rumours on there, and they put them all on the website..

motty
UTS Legend

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:26 pm

DanWalsallFC wrote:
fensaddler wrote:
DanWalsallFC wrote:

No, seriously.. It doesnt deserve to get on here. ANYBODY can just put there fake rumours on there, and they put them all on the website..

I agree,And i suggested last season that there should be a seperate thread,Why not call it whooosh.

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Izale McLeod on trial at Brentford

TomSaddler

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:58 am

Get Mahon down here!

leics_saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:03 am

Wyrley_saddler wrote:Izale McLeod on trial at Brentford

What for? Shoplifting?

kaneo

Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Akinfenwakaka gone to Glillingham on 1 yr deal, thought he could of done a job for us, is any one else a little bit worried with our lack of fire power?

WFC_Rob
Site Addict

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:09 pm

kaneo wrote:Akinfenwakaka gone to Glillingham on 1 yr deal, thought he could of done a job for us, is any one else a little bit worried with our lack of fire power?

I'm glad he's gone elsewhere.
The people on here wanting him to come to us because he gave Ian Roper the run around a couple of times were starting to do my head in.
:D

bleed_red_n_white
Glitterati

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:20 am

WFC_Rob wrote:
kaneo wrote:Akinfenwakaka gone to Glillingham on 1 yr deal, thought he could of done a job for us, is any one else a little bit worried with our lack of fire power?

The people on here wanting him to come to us because he gave Ian Roper the run around a couple of times were starting to do my head in.

Agreed doesnt understand all the hype, the guys a donkey.

Stu
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:05 pm

bleed_red_n_white wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

Donkey? On what basis, in that he is a bit big and lumbering?

If so, he is a donkey that scored more goals playing for a worse team than any striker currently on the books at WFC. His return at Northampton for the past two seasons is as follows;

17 in 43 in 09/10
15 in 36 in 08/09

Not a bad recent record... If I'd offered you an un-named striker, on a free transfer, with a record of 32 goals in his last 78 apps (starts & subs) you'd have probably snapped my hand off. However, once you put a name to it you're not interested? Doesn't make sense to me.

kaneo

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Donkey.....His goal scoring ratio is far better than anything we have in our squad, what a front line we cud of had if we'd have singned him at least we'd have a plan B if things weren't going well, with our current sqad who are we going to bring on to make that difference?

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Akinbadbuy, he used to be called. He'd do a job at this level.

Stu
UTS Legend

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Exile wrote:Akinbadbuy, he used to be called. He'd do a job at this level.

You're thinking of Ade Akinbiyi, he was Akinbadbuy.

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Stu wrote:

Thanks - I was. :oops:

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:46 am

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt he play for Torquay years ago. That's when I first noticed him and since then I have always thought he could of done a job for us. He's difficult to defend against, strong, big, can hold the ball up well. He'd of done a job for a season that's for sure.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Stu wrote:

He was also known as panickbuyee, after Peter Taylor paid a fortune for him to replace Emile Heskey :D

PeruSaddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Stu wrote:
bleed_red_n_white wrote:
WFC_Rob wrote:

Donkey? On what basis, in that he is a bit big and lumbering?

If so, he is a donkey that scored more goals playing for a worse team than any striker currently on the books at WFC. His return at Northampton for the past two seasons is as follows;

17 in 43 in 09/10
15 in 36 in 08/09

Not a bad recent record... If I'd offered you an un-named striker, on a free transfer, with a record of 32 goals in his last 78 apps (starts & subs) you'd have probably snapped my hand off. However, once you put a name to it you're not interested? Doesn't make sense to me.

Trevor Benjamin was big and lumbering, but he got us over the finishing line to our only title in 50 years by being effective despite that. Akinfenwa is very effective at what he does, not just against Ian Roper.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:36 pm

28 year old donkey with his scoring record would do me , would have been ab ideal replacement for Deeney should he leave and it's looking more and more likely he will.

DiddyP
Glitterati

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Marlon King anyone?

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:16 pm

DiddyP wrote:Marlon King anyone?

For me, I'd have him any day of the week... However I expect I'm in a very small minority with that.

After all, we don't stop plumbers or sparkys going back to their jobs after a stretch inside.

saddlersam
UTS Legend

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:41 pm

Stu wrote:
DiddyP wrote:Marlon King anyone?

For me, I'd have him any day of the week... However I expect I'm in a very small minority with that.

After all, we don't stop plumbers or sparkys going back to their jobs after a stretch inside.

Whole load of clubs will be after him. My money is on Coventry City.

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Marlon King anyone?
Scum Bag. I'd be ashamed if we signed him

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 am

On quality, I'd take King with out a second thought. However, he will have high wage demands and with Championship clubs after him we would have no chance.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:48 am

He slapped someone, ay bothered really, he was a tit but its a bit different from say Lee Hughes. I dunno how Notts County fans live with themselves. HAving a murderer as your top scorer!

I agree about Akinfenwa, crap.

saddlerJP
Glitterati

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:14 am

as well as convictions for another 14 offences

theft from a person and from a car, criminal damage, and attempting to obtain property by deception; fraudulent use of vehicle licence document, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving; a wounding incident while playing amateur football, and two cases involving assault of young women rejecting his advances in the Soho area of London.

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics