Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Charity game vs Walsall Old Boys

Threads that have run on UpTheSaddlers that might or might not be worth keeping...
swiftyboy
Site Addict

Re: Charity game vs Walsall Old Boys

Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:20 am

Asps wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
deanonev69 wrote:
Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
deanonev69 wrote:Thanks to all that turned up today-i'll come better prepared next sunday :oops:

Did you have to play in vest and pants? :)

Might have attracted the old couple who we thought might have been off dogging!!

If you haven't been today and are still interested in playing, can you give me an email to get the registration form [email protected]

Still waiting for my form mate!

Still waiting for you to turn up for training today mate :wink:

I did say that i came Tuesday cos i cant make Sundays due to playing already mate! :wink:

RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:07 pm

I shall be there tonight :D

deanonev69
Glitterati

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Rob_Walsall wrote:I shall be there tonight :D

Get a form and post it onto me if you can

And can people please send me their programme profile

Dean

deanonev69
Glitterati

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Just to reassure people, we have squad of about twenty, all who will get a game on the 25th.

Training again Sunday at 12pm at Arboretum and then next Tuesday at Goals-i've managed to swing my usual Tuesday commitment so will be there to shore up arrangements

Macca
UTS Veteran

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:20 am

Dean, whats kind of things do you want putting on the player profiles?

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:35 am

Macca wrote:Dean, whats kind of things do you want putting on the player profiles?

Should have gone to Specsavers, Frank.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Macca wrote:Dean, what kind of things do you want putting on the player profiles?

Name, age, where you are from (area, not address!), playing experience, how long you have supported the Super Saddlers, your favourite WFC player (past or present), do you think that chips should be served at the Bonks's, will we be promoted/relegated, this season, what are you doing to develop World peace, should Flanders be independent from Belgium, etc.

Exclude all references to Bonser, Whalley and Hutchings.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Pedagogue wrote:
Macca wrote:Dean, what kind of things do you want putting on the player profiles?

Name, age, where you are from (area, not address!), playing experience, how long you have supported the Super Saddlers, your favourite WFC player (past or present), do you think that chips should be served at the Bonks's, will we be promoted/relegated, this season, what are you doing to develop World peace, should Flanders be independent from Belgium, etc.

Exclude all references to Bonser, Whalley and Hutchings & Percie :mrgreen:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:02 pm

Pedagogue wrote:

Exclude all references to Bonser, Whalley and Hutchings.

at the last question I want a clear yes from everybody or i make an own-goal in last seconds :lol: :wink:

deanonev69
Glitterati

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Evening all,

Just want to shore up some arrangements for week sunday. Can all players arrive at Rushall Olympic at 11.30am (suits for arrival please :D ). Then we can hundred percent sort a team, warm up and get ready.

Training 12pm Sunday at arboretum and next tuesday at goals

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 am

deanonev69 wrote:Evening all,

Just want to shore up some arrangements for week sunday. Can all players arrive at Rushall Olympic at 11.30am (suits for arrival please :D ). Then we can hundred percent sort a team, warm up and get ready.

Training 12pm Sunday at arboretum and next tuesday at goals

if anyone wants to join me for a breakfast, i think i'll arrive a bit earlier so i can have a decent breakfast before playing the game of my life, maybe a team-breakfast???

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm up for that Mr Bart! Can't wait to see you again, going to be a good day! :D

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:28 pm

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:I'm up for that Mr Bart! Can't wait to see you again, going to be a good day! :D

that's great, btw anyone knows what the plans are afterwards??? shall i return the day itself or are we going for some drinks afterwards, i already have a place to spend the night so that ain't the problem, just want to know it as i have to make a reservation for the shuttle

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:Does anyone know what the plans are afterwards??? Shall I return the day itself or are we going for some drinks afterwards? I already have a place to spend the night so that ain't the problem, just want to know it as I have to make a reservation for the shuttle.

The bar at the Rushall club will be open after the game and I'm sure that some of the board posters can be persuaded to go out for a drink and/or meal, in the evening (if you twist their arms! :D ).

Latest on the All-Stars squad:-
Ron Green, Thomas Dass (who?), Phil Hawker, Mark Taylor, Tony Millard, Mark Rees, Richard O'Kelly, Paul Waddington, David Kelly, Brian Palgrave and, of course, the step-over king, himself, Chris Marsh.

deanonev69
Glitterati

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Well 9 days to go, it's all coming together nicely.

This is an appeal on three fronts:

1. Players: Can i have your forms and player profiles as soon as possible. The print deadline is next Friday and i would like everyone to be in.

2. Fans: It's just £2 for adults, £1 for children, free if they are accompanied by an adult. Lets make this a fun day, a gathering of Walsall fans and all in all, lets raise some money for the Hospice

3. Asps has kindly donated a lot of raffle prizes. If anyone has anymore, it'd be appreciated

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:53 pm

deanonev69 wrote:
3. Asps has kindly donated a lot of raffle prizes. If anyone has anymore, it'd be appreciated

i still have some flemish saddlers t-shirts, not sure if you see that as a prize :roll:

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:54 pm

Pedagogue wrote:
Flemish Saddler wrote:Latest on the All-Stars squad:-
Ron Green, Thomas Dass (who?), Phil Hawker, Mark Taylor, Tony Millard, Mark Rees, Richard O'Kelly, Paul Waddington, David Kelly, Brian Palgrave and, of course, the step-over king, himself, Chris Marsh.

Kinsella??? Merson??? Westy??? Fryatt??? :? :lol:

deanonev69
Glitterati

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Flemish Saddler wrote:
deanonev69 wrote:

i still have some flemish saddlers t-shirts, not sure if you see that as a prize :roll:

Sold! :D

Flemish Saddler
Prediction Master

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:21 pm

deanonev69 wrote:
Flemish Saddler wrote:
deanonev69 wrote:

Sold! :D

i'll bring whatever is left

Pedro
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:55 am

Bart are you still staying at mine ?

coxy
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:24 pm

Still injured from last Sunday, but getting better so will almost certainly be fit for Sunday. Not going to risk it tomorrow or at goals on Tuesday though.
Coxy (keeper)

MAD MATT

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Ron Green cant play!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:14 pm

Everybody still on for tomorrow, Arboretum at 12:00?

I'd like to suggest we find a different patch of land to play on this week.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Ill try and make it back from my game tommorrow

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:17 am

I came through todays game for the Uni unscathed, got a game Wednesday and Saturday tho, so might be slightly tired for sunday, but I think I will be fine :D

Really looking forward to it now! :D

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:19 am

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:I came through today's game for the Uni unscathed, got a game Wednesday and Saturday though, so I might be slightly tired for Sunday, but I think I will be fine :D

Typical - getting his excuses in early! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:55 am

Pedagogue wrote:
Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:I came through today's game for the Uni unscathed, got a game Wednesday and Saturday though, so I might be slightly tired for Sunday, but I think I will be fine :D

:D

Bit of a hectic schedule at the moment, because we started the league late (everyone else began in August, us in October) we are playing 2/3 games a week. This week we played Tuesday in the league, Wednesday in the 'BUCS' (university league, beat Chester 5-1 :D ) , Thursday in the league, and Saturday in the league cup! It is safe to say I am pretty sore today, and enjoying a sunday morning lay in! :D

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:56 am

Also...Do we have an unpdated squad list of our opposition ??

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:57 am

Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:
Pedagogue wrote:

Bit of a hectic schedule at the moment, because we started the league late (everyone else began in August, us in October) we are playing 2/3 games a week. This week we played Tuesday in the league, Wednesday in the 'BUCS' (university league, beat Chester 5-1 :D ) , Thursday in the league, and Saturday in the league cup! It is safe to say I am pretty sore today, and enjoying a sunday morning lay in! :D

You want to hope noone told Marshy and co about the dreaded neon headbands. Else you're going to need more than a Sunday morning lie in :D

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:58 am

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
Bangor Cymru Saddler wrote:
Pedagogue wrote:

You want to hope noone told Marshy and co about the dreaded neon headbands. Else you're going to need more than a Sunday morning lie in :D

One of THE funniest things in my life that was! :D :D :D Genius!!!!! I thank you all (B*******s!!!) hahahaha!

PreviousNext
Return to UTS Classics